Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, fmrchesterguy! The latest results:

View Poll Results: Did Chris Coleman kill his wife and two young sons?
Yes, he is guilty 138 97.87%
No, he is simply innocent 1 0.71%
He was framed and is innocent 0 0%
Unsure 2 1.42%

I would argue that someone's isn't looking at the facts very analyticaly

So, since the defense said there were TWO judges they did not want, are their 2 requests now used up?:confused:

My understanding is that, yes, their two requests are now used up.

I am not familiar with Illinois law, but this issue recently came up in the Drew Peterson matter and that is how it was explained to me.

"If prosecutors seek death, Coleman could get access to the Illinois Capital Litigation Fund to pay for his defense -- if he convinces a judge he's indigent"

Let's hope they find the money trail soon, it just adds injury to insult for the taxpayers to foot the bill for CC's defense.

Any money they find and use to pay for his defense is money that Sherri's family won't see. Sherri's assets should not be allowed to be used for his defense.

I don't know what the mortgage company that held the Coleman's home does, but you do not go into foreclosure after missing 2 months of payments. That is way too fast. There is something here that doesn't makes sense. If CC refinanced in the Fall, but never made payments after the fact, this would make more sense.

Is it possible SC received phone calls that mortgage was in default and foreclosure was impending??? Where did the money go???

The only problem with that one is that SC was too nice a person to blackmail.

This is my first post, I have been reading along on this forum for a while now and have found most of it very insightful. All along, though, I have read comments such as the one above, and I have to wonder if these are factual or emotional statements? Yes, it certainly seems that based on what we know of Sheri that she was a nice person, but unless someone such as a family member or best friend posted about her being too nice, one has to wonder. Note I am not a CC advocate, I am just simply pointing out that we need to remain factual.

I don't know what the mortgage company that held the Coleman's home does, but you do not go into foreclosure after missing 2 months of payments. That is way too fast. There is something here that doesn't makes sense. If CC refinanced in the Fall, but never made payments after the fact, this would make more sense.

Is it possible SC received phone calls that mortgage was in default and foreclosure was impending??? Where did the money go???

I think you go into collection almost as soon as you miss the payment. The process (not the foreclosure itself) usually begins on the due date of the 3rd due payment. Then the foreclosure can take 4 - 6 months, depending on the case. However, laws have changed with the economy and people being upside down on their home loans. Some lenders, desperate to make loans, were not following the generally accepted guidelines and were allowing 100% financing with some very creative financing methods - escalating payments, escalating interest, ARM's that jumped several % points with balloons due at the end of a certain period - and when that time came, the housing values had deflated and people owed way more than their houses were worth. To keep them from losing their homes, and to slow the level of bankruptcies - to supposedly stimulate the economy, the rules were changed - and I don't know the new rules. I'd guess the Coleman's would be covered by them considering the house is probably not worth the amount owed on the mortgage.
Didn't mean to preach - trying to help. It may still be as clear as mud!

This is my first post, I have been reading along on this forum for a while now and have found most of it very insightful. All along, though, I have read comments such as the one above, and I have to wonder if these are factual or emotional statements? Yes, it certainly seems that based on what we know of Sheri that she was a nice person, but unless someone such as a family member or best friend posted about her being too nice, one has to wonder. Note I am not a CC advocate, I am just simply pointing out that we need to remain factual.

If you have read the post, you will realize that we were being silly - something I tend to do occasionally! It helps relieve some of the emotions we all have. However - I do believe she was a very nice person. From all we've heard about her, she sounds very sweet. Of course, I doubt someone would come on here and say something bad about her for no reason. So yes - I do believe it is a fact that she is very nice - and I can't imagine her blackmailing anyone - ever. :blowkiss:

Oh - and WELCOME to WS! :)

Under normal circumstances, that is true ~ it would take more than 2 missed payments. However, in this case, maybe the lender has escalated the process knowing there won't be any further payments made since Sheri is dead and CC is in jail? You do bring up a good thought though and where is the money he got on the re-fi? :waitasec: MOO

Hi Acurrier, welcome to WS! While we can only speculate on what we know, by all accounts SC was "walking the talk" while CC was doing the nasty. I have no problem imagining SC reading CC the riot act of she found out (or he told her) what he was planning with wife #2. She may have threatened to let his employer know what a low life he really is - but I don't see that as blackmail, especially since he appears to have pretty much screwed her out of everything, including her life.

From all that has been shared, to the very best that could be, SC was a genuine woman who loved her family, her husband and chikldren. If there is anything that would in difference to such, please share. From what I have read, that seems to be the whole of her. I must ask, what is "too nice"???

As far as emotions are concerned, may I suggest reading past posts on this thread as we have discussed this and it may be helpful to you. You only have to go back a few pages. FWIW, many have only gone with the facts that have been made available. Sadly, not such good ones for CC.

imvho

Under normal circumstances, that is true ~ it would take more than 2 missed payments. However, in this case, maybe the lender has escalated the process knowing there won't be any further payments made since Sheri is dead and CC is in jail? You do bring up a good thought though and where is the money he got on the re-fi? :waitasec: MOO

Perhaps the lender has, but this quickly doesn't makes sense. If the mortagage was up to date, as in May before deaths, they still would not pursue this so quickly. I am of the the thought that after refinancing, CC stopped payments to lender not long after. SC may not have been aware of lack of payments until mail/phone calls began. Still, where did the monies go?

FWIW, got knowledge on this foreclosure part. Well, at least in these parts of the world. :)

Hey, acurrier - hope we didn't scare you off - feel free to post your opinions. Trust me - we ALL have opinions!!! :rolleyes:

Perhaps the lender has, but this quickly doesn't makes sense. If the mortagage was up to date, as in May before deaths, they still would not pursue this so quickly. I am of the the thought that after refinancing, CC stopped payments to lender not long after. SC may not have been aware of lack of payments until mail/phone calls began. Still, where did the monies go?

FWIW, got knowledge on this foreclosure part. Well, at least in these parts of the world. :)

I can't wait to see where the money went! I'll bet none of us will be surprised!

Okay gang...

The first one with the answer to the following question gets a to make themselves a paper crown, put it on and do the happy dance as first sleuther to come up with the answer :)

Which Sesame Street character was it that was mentioned by both Sheri's father and uncle that Sheri had, i.e. it became old and needed replacing at one time?

Ding!

In Illinois, the defense is allowed to request a change of judge twice during any pending criminal matter, if they choose to do so. The prosecution is permitted to make a change of judge request only once, if they choose to do so. The chief judge in the jurisdiction then assigns a new judge to hear the case.

Once those three change requests have been made, both sides are stuck with whomever has been assigned.

Thank you, cleo! Does the defense have to show any proof of bias or is this just SOP?

It would be interesting to learn what the financial status was/is on MM's condo. . .

The article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch says that only May and June have been missed. Then on Fox2 News, Jack Carey, the civil attorney said the same thing. I have NO idea how these things work, but apparently only two payments have been missed.

Okay gang...

The first one with the answer to the following question gets a to make themselves a paper crown, put it on and do the happy dance as first sleuther to come up with the answer :)

Which Sesame Street character was it that was mentioned by both Sheri's father and uncle that Sheri had, i.e. it became old and needed replacing at one time?

Ding!

Grover - I know because he's my favorite too!

Okay gang...

Ding!

Ding-ding-ding

Grover! :crazy:

I ALWAYS have my crown on , and I will do a happy dance if you tell me I'm correct! :)

:blowkiss: You can do the happy dance - Lindadanette! I'm keeping my crown!

ETA - I need to leave for a bit - back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3