Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation: a smaller task force will take over...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My imagination is going wild to come up with what these "other cases" might be about. I'm not even sure how they count cases. If two people do the same illegal thing, I would think he'd call that two cases, and we'd be talking about three or more cases, then.

I think the "other cases" simply refers to the MFH plot (different case from Kyron disappearing and perhaps violation of the RO (looking up/googling Kaine and baby K location). Also, if Terri is ever tried criminally regarding Kyron, there would be things like kidnapping, parental interference if he is still living and murder or manslaughter if he is not. If you think about it, this thing has become a muddy mess of potential criminal charges. And then if there are accomplices those would be additional criminal charges/cases against those individuals.

What I mostly got from the staement is that after all this time, they are still nowhere and this statement is a nice way of letting us all down gently that the case, while not going on the back burner, is goign to be getting a lot less man hours and investigative manpower in future.

I hope my interpretation is wrong, but I really don't think it is.

Anyone find it strange, that although has been no recent update, Stanton updates the Portland Business Alliance on the case? Wonder why this group of business people instead of the public? :waitasec: Can't wait to see what the other papers have to say about this update.

One simple answer - money. Because the Portland business alliance is probably very concerned about revenue (tourist and otherwise) being affected by this case and its lack of resolution. They are probably all up LE's butt to get some sort of closure so the city and its businesses can get on with the business of getting on.

I wonder if the other cases are from the time after Kyron disappeared or after. If they're from before Kyron might have seen something he shouldn't have and it could possibly be the motive for the abduction, cover-up? (Oh the tragical irony if the Kyron investigation leads to uncovering the other criminal issue - disappearing him was all for nothing then.)

As usual, a vague statement open to various interpretations...in my case, it does not fill me with optimism.

Whatever the meaning of this change in the investigation, I would not want to be hearing about this if I were a parent of a child at Skyline School.

Another 4 months?

How sad, how frustrating.

What I mostly got from the staement is that after all this time, they are still nowhere and this statement is a nice way of letting us all down gently that the case, while not going on the back burner, is goign to be getting a lot less man hours and investigative manpower in future.

I hope my interpretation is wrong, but I really don't think it is.

You maybe right, but I am hoping it means they are done with most of the investigative work now and it is matter of (although it is going to take time) working with the DA on the documents for a court case. Since there is no smoking gun it will take time to get everything in order for a lengthy court case. This was my favorite line, “This case is farther along than most people realize,” Staton told alliance members.

Anyone find it strange, that although has been no recent update, Stanton updates the Portland Business Alliance on the case? Wonder why this group of business people instead of the public? :waitasec: Can't wait to see what the other papers have to say about this update.

I assume that the Business Alliance is kinda like the Rotary Club or Chamber of Commerce here. It's not uncommon for law enforcement officials, politicians, and other PTBs to speak to the Rotary here about current issues. I don't find anything odd about it.

I don't think that the sheriff went to speak at the BA only to update them on Kyron. I would guess that he discussed multiple issues that county LE face, and because of the vast interest in the Kyron case, talked about it, too.

I assume that the Business Alliance is kinda like the Rotary Club or Chamber of Commerce here. It's not uncommon for law enforcement officials, politicians, and other PTBs to speak to the Rotary here about current issues. I don't find anything odd about it.

I don't think that the sheriff went to speak at the BA only to update them on Kyron. I would guess that he discussed multiple issues that county LE face, and because of the vast interest in the Kyron case, talked about it, too.

I'm sure you are right, just seemed a little odd after not having any kind of update in awhile. Not trying to read anything necessarily into it, just glad at least one reporter was there.

Well actually..."false identification documents" could apply here.

If Terri falsified documents to take Kyron to doctors pretending to be his biological mother.... it's a stretch...mainly because you don't have to show the kid's birth certificate to take them to the doctor to begin with.

But that may count as falsifying documents and if she didn't want anyone to know she was taking him, there might be a motivation to do it. :waitasec:

There also could be some sort of financial crime having to do with her payment to her attorney??

Couldnt falsifying documents relate to birth certificates or passports etc that may support him being taken out of the country to Canada perhaps or even further?

Sounds to me like there is a lot of "sketchy information" on the case and they need something more "clear cut"! Aside from the accusations by KH & DY as to Terri being the culprit, she has never been named a suspect or POI in this case as far as LE are concerned. Which makes me wonder....
Interesting that it is stated that there will be other cases stemming from this investigation! Which to me could mean investigations from possibly some of the tips called in about certain people that are out there, that LE has information about some criminal activity in the area?

Wonder if wanting to solve the "other cases" could be the reason they won't name any suspects at this point in time, instead of not having anything in Kyron's case. I might be just desperately clinging on to hope that this case will be resolved.

Just watching HLN news.......subject selling children into sex slaves.......
I hope and pray this is not what happened to KYRON, but while watching, all
I could think of was how many missing children there are and so many creeps in the
world!!!

I'm sure you are right, just seemed a little odd after not having any kind of update in awhile. Not trying to read anything necessarily into it, just glad at least one reporter was there.

The Portland Business Alliance breakfast event was this morning:
"The new Portland Police Chief, Mike Reese, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton and Multnomah District Attorney Mike Schrunk will talk about public safety issues in the Portland region, current challenges and their plans for keeping Portland safe."

The the news first appeared in the Portland Tribune, which is listed as one of the sponsors.
http://portlandorassoc.weblinkconne...CPages/WCEvents/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=2104

That was the first thing that jumped out at me. Why didn't they give a press conference, this is a missing child, not a business venture, unless the PBA had something to do with the reward.

Stanton's performance has seemed to be just that, a performance.

On another note, Puf, I did watch that video that you encouraged us to view.
Yes, it is worth it. I saw a few things I didn't see before and am going back to view it again. It bothered me that it was edited, though.

This was just the annual Portland Business Alliance (aka Chamber of Commerce) breakfast meeting on "Law and Order in Portland". It is natural that the Kyron Horman case would be mentioned.

The District Attorney and his office is still running the show and has from Day One. The restructuring or reorganization is like the image of the rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. They have to justify the amount of money that has been spent and is probably already budgeted through the end of this year. (Hence, 4 months).

The only thing I have thought is they might be swapping out the Domestic Violence people for a real detective or two.

For them to state that “This case is further along than most people realize.” is smoke and mirrors, in my opinion.

IMO it means that they are condensing things into one group, with multiple LE agencies. They are far enough into the investigation, that they don't need as many agents working on the case, from information that they have gathered. This did not get an, oh no from me.
IMO the MFH case might be bigger than we think.
What struck me was the statement from Schrunk when he said "We are going to try this case."

"A number of investigations" sounds both promising and overwhelming. MFH, Kyron's disappearance, ______... ?

My guess is TH really knew what she was doing, and she was not alone in doing it. As always, the most important thing is to find Kyron. Everything will follow after that. Putting the pieces together sounds like a cumbersome task for the force.

But the county fully expects a conclusion.

"We are going to try this case," Schrunk said. WOWWWWWW!!!!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/multnomah_county_focuses_inves.html

And according to the article "...Terri Moulton Horman, Horman’s stepmother, remains the focus of the investigation." So, I take it nothing has changed in that regard.

This is significant. I really feel a whole lot better after seeing this quote.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member