Sheriff's Office Asks Media for Questions/Presser on July 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes the there are glitches in the posting here. I just ignore it :)

Thanks Kat----I just didn't want someone giving me too much credit----down the road a new poster comes and says, well I read that Mamietwo said it!! LOL. Okay, I'll ignore it.

Thanks Kat----I just didn't want someone giving me too much credit----down the road a new poster comes and says, well I read that Mamietwo said it!! LOL. Okay, I'll ignore it.

:hug: it's all good Mamie :)

As I said in my post, the way this answer is worded suggests to me that the evidence is strong. Did you know that weeks ago also? :)

You're assuming I agree that the way it's worded suggests strong evidence to me too. :)

re: the criminal investigation remark--LE said criminal activities have occurred, not "we believe" they have occurred. This suggests strong proof to me.

This doesn't suggest to me there's any evidence at all, let alone strong evidence. It just tells me he uses plain old common sense in concluding there's been criminal behavior of some kind in regards to Kyron's disappearance.

Can you explain to me (because I really don't understand how) and I'm not being snarky or anything in asking, but this post of yours above, there's a blue box that says "Originally posted by Mamietwo" and then it contains a sentence that is not my post. These are very confusing to me, why is it done this way? I'm a simple person, so please be kind. LOL.

Fixxored. :)
The person I replied to had a broken quote tag that I inherited.. sloppy on my part.. sorry.

If you look up the page, you can see a couple of other posts with broken quote tags. They have the first one (ie
and in the code behind it, which you see as the blue box, there is another complete set... it's all to do with the [ ] <---brackets.

The person I replied to had a broken quote tag that I inherited.. sloppy on my part.. sorry.

If you look up the page, you can see a couple of other posts with broken quote tags. They have the first one (ie
and in the code behind it, which you see as the blue box, there is another complete set... it's all to do with the [ ] <---brackets.

Ahhhhh! Those shifty brackets! Okay, now I understand and thanks for explaining it, pdx!

I just created a thread for the new KATU timeline article:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110103"]Sources detail Terri’s timeline day Kyron disappeared - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You're assuming I agree that the way it's worded suggests strong evidence to me too. :)

This doesn't suggest to me there's any evidence at all, let alone strong evidence. It just tells me he uses plain old common sense in concluding there's been criminal behavior of some kind in regards to Kyron's disappearance.

I'm not assuming anything about you, BeanE (LOL) You are a complete mystery to me. Since I posted my comment I have been all over the web and MSM seems to think it was a significant statement also. It is self-explanatory to me. I don't know how to explain it if you don't see it.

I really hope I am right because I would like to see a timely conclusion to this investigation.

I think it is something the system is doing because it did it again on the post I am replying to that you quoted. You should be able to hit quote and then just type your info in below what comes up automatically in the quote. It is showing two quote names when you click on quote, instead of just one. Does that make sense?

ETA: Like in this post. I didn't quote myself. I quoted Tuffy.

I took the quote about criminal activities occurring to mean that since they have been calling it a criminal investigation for a long time now, that means there is criminal activity, even if they do not know what it is exactly. I did not take it to mean they know what happened.

Ahhhhh! Those shifty brackets! Okay, now I understand and thanks for explaining it, pdx!

haha! You did it again. :D
By editing out the closing tag of what I wrote.. oh well, this is going to get all bolloxed up again. heehee

RE: DeDe and Terri, remember all those sightings of a red haired woman? Specifically I am thinking about the guy on Sauvie Island who suddenly remember he had seen Terri in a truck on a certain street?

What if Dede and Terri looking similar was how she was involved? Does Dede have a white truck? That give another explanation for why the car switch that morning. So Terri and Dede switch phones and/or trucks; Dede is seen places, Terri is seen places...

I have found it odd from the beginning that someone with redhair who "wanted to blend in" by using a truck instead of a car with personalized plates wouldn't at least put on a ball cap.

But if the point WAS to be seen...then that would make sense. Hence, two different witnesses on two very different streets could say "i saw her driving xyz", how clearly can you make out someone's features in a truck? Speaking personally, the distinguishing feature for me would be the red hair. And now you have two redheads who "might" be involved in the disappearance of a child....

RE: DeDe and Terri, remember all those sightings of a red haired woman? Specifically I am thinking about the guy on Sauvie Island who suddenly remember he had seen Terri in a truck on a certain street?

What if Dede and Terri looking similar was how she was involved? Does Dede have a white truck? That give another explanation for why the car switch that morning. So Terri and Dede switch phones and/or trucks; Dede is seen places, Terri is seen places...

I have found it odd from the beginning that someone with redhair who "wanted to blend in" by using a truck instead of a car with personalized plates wouldn't at least put on a ball cap.

But if the point WAS to be seen...then that would make sense. Hence, two different witnesses on two very different streets could say "i saw her driving xyz", how clearly can you make out someone's features in a truck? Speaking personally, the distinguishing feature for me would be the red hair. And now you have two redheads who "might" be involved in the disappearance of a child....

Could we have a link for all the sightings of red-haired women? I've only seen one.

Also, a link for the guy seeing Terri in a truck on Sauvie Island please? I haven't seen that.

Finally an answer to this question...

Weeks ago you said Terri Horman has been cooperating - is that still true? Kaine and Desiree have said otherwise.
• During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not. We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue.

Already on July 2nd or 3rd the sheriff said no comment about if she's cooperating or not:

Jung: "One of the things that we talked about yesterday was just the discussion about, or the family asking for Terri Horman's full cooperation. And you know that she had hired an attorney. Do you know if since then she has pulled back or if she's either refused to respond to interviews or anything along those lines?"

Staton: "At this point, I can't comment on that. There's been no indication with regards to the particular family issues, that is a personal issue I believe that you would have to contact the parties of the family and obtain that information through them. But with regards to the cooperation level, I couldn't comment on that at this point."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

It makes me think that cooperation ended about the same time she hired an attorney, if not before.

Since then LE haven't had her refuse any requests because they have been refused by her attorney or because the requests have not been made because they know she would refuse and they just get a warrant without bothering to ask first.

When was the last time Terri Horman met with police?
• We have not spoken with her since she retained counsel.

Terri Horman is now living in Roseburg – Will that make it more difficult for police to get her if something is discovered at the last minute?
• Terri’s moving to Roseburg has not affected our investigation, nor has it hindered our ability to contact her.

It sounds to me like her moving didn't hinder their ability to contact her because the chances of success in getting any answers were slim to none even before her move, with the atty advising her.

Already on July 2nd or 3rd the sheriff said no comment about if she's cooperating or not:

Jung: "One of the things that we talked about yesterday was just the discussion about, or the family asking for Terri Horman's full cooperation. And you know that she had hired an attorney. Do you know if since then she has pulled back or if she's either refused to respond to interviews or anything along those lines?"

Staton: "At this point, I can't comment on that. There's been no indication with regards to the particular family issues, that is a personal issue I believe that you would have to contact the parties of the family and obtain that information through them. But with regards to the cooperation level, I couldn't comment on that at this point."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

Such an interesting interview with LE. LE didn't tell Kaine etc that Terri wasn't cooperating, yet they made statements that LE had.

And LE didn't tell Kaine anything that led him to leave Terri.

Jung: "And is there anything in terms of Kaine's decision to get divorced from Terri Horman — the statement that was released suggested that there was information revealed by investigators that lead to that breakup. Is there anything you can tell me about if they had met with Kaine to brief him about the investigation and is there anything that you know of that led to that?"

Staton: "That I can't comment on. I — I don't believe there's anything indication that would lead me to believe that, but I can't comment on that."

Somebody's not telling the truth. I wonder if it's LE or Kaine etc. I usually weight what LE says much higher for truth than anyone else, but in this case... I'm having a hard time doing that. I think LE must have said something to Kaine in both these instances. The man doesn't seem to hallucinate. I realize that sometimes people hear what they need or want to hear, or they interpret incorrectly, or whatever, but Kaine strikes me as pretty much straightforward, so I just have this sense that LE must have said *something* to him that led him to believe these things. It's a curious thing.

Such an interesting interview with LE. LE didn't tell Kaine etc that Terri wasn't cooperating, yet they made statements that LE had.

And LE didn't tell Kaine anything that led him to leave Terri.

Jung: "And is there anything in terms of Kaine's decision to get divorced from Terri Horman — the statement that was released suggested that there was information revealed by investigators that lead to that breakup. Is there anything you can tell me about if they had met with Kaine to brief him about the investigation and is there anything that you know of that led to that?"

Staton: "That I can't comment on. I — I don't believe there's anything indication that would lead me to believe that, but I can't comment on that."

Somebody's not telling the truth. I wonder if it's LE or Kaine etc. I usually weight what LE says much higher for truth than anyone else, but in this case... I'm having a hard time doing that. I think LE must have said something to Kaine in both these instances. The man doesn't seem to hallucinate. I realize that sometimes people hear what they need or want to hear, or they interpret incorrectly, or whatever, but Kaine strikes me as pretty much straightforward, so I just have this sense that LE must have said *something* to him that led him to believe these things. It's a curious thing.

The sheriff was fluent and straightforward answering the general questions about how they do the investigating and how much it costs and who all has helped and so on but IMO started hedging and more carefully weighing his words as soon as he was asked anything about the family.

It might be another matter of semantics. If/when there had been problems in the marriage before this you could say that ultimately it was those problems that lead to the divorce and even if LE happened to give Kaine some information about Terri's activities that he was unaware of it was Terri's activities that sealed the decision and not LE because they didn't tell him to get divorced, just informed him of some reasons to do so.

Dunno, it just feels like there is always a story behind "no comment".

As a naturally curly girl, I know mine's curlier when shorter. The weight of it longer pulls the curl out.

Wow, mine is just the opposite. The longer it is, the curlier (with some light layering).

Boy, I'm glad it's not just me! I mean I don't ever pretend to know ALL that's going on about posting----I know how to post links and that's about it! I don't even know how to include more than one poster's post in the post that I want to comment on but that's okay-----don't need to know that stuff! LOL I just know that in that box that has my name as originally posting that, it's not my post.

BBM

That is one thing I do know. Just click on the little box next to the word quote, it has " symbol and a plus sign, click that for each post you want to include, then on the last one, after you click that, then click quote. It will put all the ones you want in the reply box, and you just need to then post between the quotes.

HTH

Tried to find anyone explaining this, but I must have missed it...

Why would the Secret Service be involved in this investigation? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member