Sheriff's Office Asks Media for Questions/Presser on July 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, alrighty then. That was informative.

I downloaded the file but can't open it. Is it a Word file? If so, I have an older version of Word and sometimes can't open files done with the newest version.

BeanE posted it upthread a little. No need to open it.
All the questions and answers are on BeanE's post.

Here it is.....

(All government documents are public domain and hold no copyrights. That's why I didn't snip to 10%.)

How many tips have come in so far?
• As of this date we can account for approximately 3300 leads which have been developed from the thousands of tips that have been received. Continuous information comes in on a daily basis which prevents our ability to give you an actual count at this time. All tips pass through the hands of a detective and are reviewed, prioritized and assigned for follow up. Some tips are duplicates and confirmed as such.

When was the last time Terri Horman met with police?
• We have not spoken with her since she retained counsel.

Terri Horman is now living in Roseburg – Will that make it more difficult for police to get her if something is discovered at the last minute?
• Terri’s moving to Roseburg has not affected our investigation, nor has it hindered our ability to contact her.

Has anyone been ruled out in Kyron’s disappearance? Who?
• A number of people have been ruled out; we are unable to discuss the specifics of these individuals.

Video has been requested from local businesses as well as from members of the media – Has any footage been recovered and if so did it yield anything that will be helpful to the case?
• We have recovered many photos and video footage. We will not be able to comment on their evidentiary value. We continue to ask individuals in possession of photos and video surrounding the Skyline Grade School event on June 4, 2010 to provide that to investigators. We continue to ask the media for their assistance and support in this investigation. The photos and videos that have been provided by the media have helped further the investigation process.

Has the truck been returned to the Horman’s?
• Kaine Horman is in possession of his truck.

Weeks ago you said Terri Horman has been cooperating - is that still true? Kaine and Desiree have said otherwise.
• During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not. We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue.

Are you still conducting active searches for Kyron?
• Each viable tip is actively pursued. If the tip lends itself to an area to be searched, we will employ those resources.

How many investigators are still dedicated to this case and what are they doing on a daily basis?
• A significant investigative team composed of DA Office, East County Major Crime’s Team and other local, state and federal agencies are involved in this case. The numbers varies daily, based on investigative needs.

Are tips still coming in?
• Yes

Why has the sheriff’s department pulled back so drastically from talking to the media/public about this case?
• This is an ongoing criminal investigation, our responsibility is to resolve this case and bring Kyron home. We are not going to release details of our efforts that will breach the integrity of this investigation or potential prosecution at a later date. If we have information that would benefit our investigation, or help in finding Kyron we will release it.

Are you any closer to cracking this case than you were 2 weeks ago or even 4 weeks ago?
• We continue to make significant progress but we are not able to provide details.

Have you used the assistance of psychics in the investigation?
• We have not solicited the help of psychics.

Do you have any information leading you to believe Kyron is alive?
• We are continuing to hope Kyron is alive and will proceed under that premise.

While you have said this is a criminal investigation, do you believe a crime was committed in Kyron’s disappearance?
• Criminal behavior has occurred and we will continue to investigate toward a resolution.

Kyron's disappearance the largest search in state history?
• Yes this is true

Is the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office still the lead agency investigating this case?
• Yes

Are tips coming from other parts of the country?
• Yes

From other countries?
• Yes

How many people are working on the investigation now? At what point do you scale back the investigation?
• We examine resources each week and make an assessment as to what we will need on a weekly basis. We are fortunate to have the number and caliber of investigators dedicated to this investigation.

Can we have the list of law enforcement agencies that have assisted in the Kyron Horman investigation?
Gresham Police, Fairview Police, Troutdale Police, Portland Police, Port of Portland Police, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County DA MCT, Multnomah County DA’s investigators, Washington County District Attorney’s Office, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Gladstone Police, Oregon City Police, Milwaukie Police, Canby Police, Lake Oswego Police, West Linn Police, Vancouver Police, Hillsboro Police, Beaverton Police, FBI, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, DOD Defense Criminal Investigative Services, Oregon DOJ, Oregon State Police.
This list does not include search and rescue resources.

How many other children are considered missing/endangered in Multnomah County at this time aside from Kyron?
• There are no other cases that meet this criteria

Of what value is a polygraph test to investigators, if the results are not admissible in a prosecution?
• It is an investigative tool.

Why are you taking questions via email?
• This is the most time efficient and cost effective way to provide information to the numerous and various types of media.

You have never done this before, why now and why this case?
• This is a very large case with enormous media and public interest. This is the most efficient way to address many questions from numerous media outlets. This is a large case and has attracted a lot of media attention and public interest.

Is there an active search every day? Or just responding to tips?
• Searches occur when necessary. We are responding to tips on a daily basis. If that tip warrants a physical search of an area, that is handled accordingly.

Give us an idea of man hours on this and what kind of staffing from your office and other offices.
• This is a full time investigation. Resources have been allocated from our office and other agencies to effectively investigate this case. There have also been resources allocated to address the day to day operations for each agency.

Has the media attention helped or hurt the case?
• The media attention has helped to keep Kyron in the public’s eyes and minds.

(All government documents are public domain and hold no copyrights. That's why I didn't snip to 10%.)

How many tips have come in so far?
• As of this date we can account for approximately 3300 leads which have been developed from the thousands of tips that have been received. Continuous information comes in on a daily basis which prevents our ability to give you an actual count at this time. All tips pass through the hands of a detective and are reviewed, prioritized and assigned for follow up. Some tips are duplicates and confirmed as such.

When was the last time Terri Horman met with police?
• We have not spoken with her since she retained counsel.

Terri Horman is now living in Roseburg – Will that make it more difficult for police to get her if something is discovered at the last minute?
• Terri’s moving to Roseburg has not affected our investigation, nor has it hindered our ability to contact her.

Has anyone been ruled out in Kyron’s disappearance? Who?
• A number of people have been ruled out; we are unable to discuss the specifics of these individuals.

Video has been requested from local businesses as well as from members of the media – Has any footage been recovered and if so did it yield anything that will be helpful to the case?
• We have recovered many photos and video footage. We will not be able to comment on their evidentiary value. We continue to ask individuals in possession of photos and video surrounding the Skyline Grade School event on June 4, 2010 to provide that to investigators. We continue to ask the media for their assistance and support in this investigation. The photos and videos that have been provided by the media have helped further the investigation process.

Has the truck been returned to the Horman’s?
• Kaine Horman is in possession of his truck.

Weeks ago you said Terri Horman has been cooperating - is that still true? Kaine and Desiree have said otherwise.
• During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not. We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue.

Are you still conducting active searches for Kyron?
• Each viable tip is actively pursued. If the tip lends itself to an area to be searched, we will employ those resources.

How many investigators are still dedicated to this case and what are they doing on a daily basis?
• A significant investigative team composed of DA Office, East County Major Crime’s Team and other local, state and federal agencies are involved in this case. The numbers varies daily, based on investigative needs.

Are tips still coming in?
• Yes

Why has the sheriff’s department pulled back so drastically from talking to the media/public about this case?
• This is an ongoing criminal investigation, our responsibility is to resolve this case and bring Kyron home. We are not going to release details of our efforts that will breach the integrity of this investigation or potential prosecution at a later date. If we have information that would benefit our investigation, or help in finding Kyron we will release it.

Are you any closer to cracking this case than you were 2 weeks ago or even 4 weeks ago?
• We continue to make significant progress but we are not able to provide details.

Have you used the assistance of psychics in the investigation?
• We have not solicited the help of psychics.

Do you have any information leading you to believe Kyron is alive?
• We are continuing to hope Kyron is alive and will proceed under that premise.

While you have said this is a criminal investigation, do you believe a crime was committed in Kyron’s disappearance?
• Criminal behavior has occurred and we will continue to investigate toward a resolution.

Kyron's disappearance the largest search in state history?
• Yes this is true

Is the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office still the lead agency investigating this case?
• Yes

Are tips coming from other parts of the country?
• Yes

From other countries?
• Yes

How many people are working on the investigation now? At what point do you scale back the investigation?
• We examine resources each week and make an assessment as to what we will need on a weekly basis. We are fortunate to have the number and caliber of investigators dedicated to this investigation.

Can we have the list of law enforcement agencies that have assisted in the Kyron Horman investigation?
Gresham Police, Fairview Police, Troutdale Police, Portland Police, Port of Portland Police, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County DA MCT, Multnomah County DA’s investigators, Washington County District Attorney’s Office, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Gladstone Police, Oregon City Police, Milwaukie Police, Canby Police, Lake Oswego Police, West Linn Police, Vancouver Police, Hillsboro Police, Beaverton Police, FBI, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, DOD Defense Criminal Investigative Services, Oregon DOJ, Oregon State Police.
This list does not include search and rescue resources.

How many other children are considered missing/endangered in Multnomah County at this time aside from Kyron?
• There are no other cases that meet this criteria

Of what value is a polygraph test to investigators, if the results are not admissible in a prosecution?
• It is an investigative tool.

Why are you taking questions via email?
• This is the most time efficient and cost effective way to provide information to the numerous and various types of media.

You have never done this before, why now and why this case?
• This is a very large case with enormous media and public interest. This is the most efficient way to address many questions from numerous media outlets. This is a large case and has attracted a lot of media attention and public interest.

Is there an active search every day? Or just responding to tips?
• Searches occur when necessary. We are responding to tips on a daily basis. If that tip warrants a physical search of an area, that is handled accordingly.

Give us an idea of man hours on this and what kind of staffing from your office and other offices.
• This is a full time investigation. Resources have been allocated from our office and other agencies to effectively investigate this case. There have also been resources allocated to address the day to day operations for each agency.

Has the media attention helped or hurt the case?
• The media attention has helped to keep Kyron in the public’s eyes and minds.

Thank you for posting this for those of us unable to open the attachment!

No, how did you know "body is 166 miles upriver on columbia"? Is that what they said on the news? I just heard body, NE (something), and Columbia River, has not been identified.
Oh sorry. Freefallzzz is right - that was last week. Gosh! Thanks for asking.

btw - sorry for killing the name of that town.

Back to worrying everyone!

(I'll delete my misposting.)

Uhh, Wenatchee? That is nowhere near Portland. It's a couple hours' drive east of Seattle. If a body was found there, I'd be surprised if it was Kyron.

So, we don't know where the body was found today? Just in the river that runs down by that island?

Emma, I am back to worrying.

So, we don't know where the body was found today? Just in the river that runs down by that island?

Emma, I am back to worrying.

I'll check the other local news stations at 5pm.. I have not found anything but the July 5 item..

If they said NE, that is going to be UP river from Portland..
If that helps..
I hate to describe it this way, but a body would have to be put in the river East of Portland, in order to go with the way the river flows.. (west)

*poster below found.. NE Marine Drive, mans body..
(thanks!)

Well, that was worth waiting all day for :rolleyes: - I am so glad they finally gave out some helpful information :banghead:

I wish they would have addressed the three houses that were searched....................

oh dear. sorry about the hasty posting. and sorry about anyone being found in the columbia or any river anywhere. :(

On June 30th it was reported that Terri hired an attorney. So it's been more than 3 weeks since she talked with investigators.

I am shaking after the report of that body found. I feel like I've been drinking coffee all day. I need a drink or something.:drink:

We got answers... just not the answers we wanted.
I'm not surprised at all, it's typical of LE not to give any details because it's still an ongoing investigation, and they have to think ahead to when it's prosecuted. Can't afford any slip-ups!! Terri's attorney would have them by the short hairs if they give out any information before she's arrested and charged.

I think there is some solid info in this press release. It says to me that Kaine and Desiree are telling the truth when they make accusations. Many people here at WS wanted to hear some kind of confirmation about that from LE. In my mind, I just heard it.

re: the criminal investigation remark--LE said criminal activities have occurred, not "we believe" they have occurred. This suggests strong proof to me. The press conference on Tuesday will be very interesting. Reporters will be able to ask about these three people. Those searches started after the deadline to submit question had passed.

I wonder how often the DEA assists in missing child cases? Also ICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member