Should Darlie have a new trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
I would bet that Darlie's case was not considered. I think they normally take cases where DNA testing was not done, and the person was convicted based on eye witness testimony or other evidence. JMO

I agree.

Hoosiermom;5707137]Hangman: I didn't mean Darin was the killer,just that he was behind it. You made very good points. It just seems like an odd and violent way for a mother to kill her children for no apparent reason. I don't like to see anyone put to death if there is any chance at all they may be innocent. It's happened too many times. I would be much more comfortable with life without parole on this one.(Yes I am probably sticking my head in the sand on this one!)

Hoosiermom, THANKS so much for eloquently stating my exact thoughts!!! Is Darlie Guilty by the preponderance of evidence or is she Guilty by Reasonable Doubt? I will never sit comfortably if we execute another person without knowing for sure if an individual is by all means guilty of the crime!! JMHO of course... I have always believed beyond 100% that Darin is SOOO involved in someway with this crime whether it is a cover up or more... Again, JMO nothing more... Sorry to vent and interrupt the thread.... I know as a fact I am going to get a lot of flack for this post, however, I have always made my feelings clear. (Cami, etc. et. al) Thanks for listening to my rambling, Take Care, Ann... :twocents::waitasec:[/QUOTE]

No flack from me Annie dear. I only wish I could support your postion. I believe there has been enough evidence to prove that mother's do kill their children so I have to support that position. WE see if every day on tv.

I believe Darlie is guilty based on the evidence alone and I won't change my position. Wish I could but I can't.

I agree Cami. It's vert difficult to believe a mother could do this, but history has more than proven that it has.

I'm following Casey Anthony's trial, and it just makes me so sad and reminds me of Darlie. These are your CHILDREN you gave BIRTH too. Just so hard to wrap my head around it.

I'm following Casey Anthony's trial, and it just makes me so sad and reminds me of Darlie. These are your CHILDREN you gave BIRTH too. Just so hard to wrap my head around it.

I still can't get my mind to process it. It is just something I just can't understand how a mother could do it. Darlie just snapped I suppose but Casey I'm pretty sure premeditated the entire thing.

I still can't get my mind to process it. It is just something I just can't understand how a mother could do it. Darlie just snapped I suppose but Casey I'm pretty sure premeditated the entire thing.

I believe the psychiatrist, Wellman, I think his name is. He was on Joy Behar and Dr. Drew describing women who kill their children. I think he described Darlie perfectly....when he talked about selfishness and how the mothers are smiling and happy for the Christmas photos but could be plotting to kill at the same time...the children get in the way of something the mother wants.

I've often wondered if Darlie wanted Darin to cancel the children's insurance so she could get that $5000 she wanted and that's what led to the big fight and then their deaths...among other things.

I think Casy premeditated the murder too, but only after the big fight with Cindy the night before. And I'm sick at heart that the jury couldn't see it. But I also thank God that we had Caylee for the short time she was here.

I don't think we will ever know why Darlie brutally killed those children, just as we'll never know why Caylee was left to rot with the rest of the trash. Selfish, selfish mothers. I think both of them are unbalanced and dangerous. We haven't heard the last of that devil Casey.

I believe the psychiatrist, Wellman, I think his name is. He was on Joy Behar and Dr. Drew describing women who kill their children. I think he described Darlie perfectly....when he talked about selfishness and how the mothers are smiling and happy for the Christmas photos but could be plotting to kill at the same time...the children get in the way of something the mother wants.

I've often wondered if Darlie wanted Darin to cancel the children's insurance so she could get that $5000 she wanted and that's what led to the big fight and then their deaths...among other things.

I think Casy premeditated the murder too, but only after the big fight with Cindy the night before. And I'm sick at heart that the jury couldn't see it. But I also thank God that we had Caylee for the short time she was here.

I don't think we will ever know why Darlie brutally killed those children, just as we'll never know why Caylee was left to rot with the rest of the trash. Selfish, selfish mothers. I think both of them are unbalanced and dangerous. We haven't heard the last of that devil Casey.

Totally agree with you, Cami.

I also believe both women have personality disorders, which are mental health issues that would not qualify as making them unable to stand trial and in and of themselves would not cause them to kill their children, which is why psychiatrists/psychologists working for defense or prosecution would not be likely to state this in any diagnois, but those disorders would certainly make them capable of killing to get rid of anyone in their way.

Main reason I believe this was not brought out in Casey's case (I believe her to have NPD and ASPD incidentally) is that if the prosecution had doctors state this, during trial the defense would be focusing on their diagnostic criteria and getting hired guns on the stand to disagree, and totally distract from more germane evidence. If the defense had stated this, well.... doesn't look so good for their client, does it?

Since personality disorders are not mental illnesses, again, doesn't make them unfit to stand trial or unable to tell right from wrong, just allows them to be totally okay with killing their children if they are stopping them from living like they want....

IMO.

casey is such a danger to society im disgusted she is walking free. the jury got it wrong. at least i can say darlie had a funeral for her kids and didnt toss them like trarsh claiming they were kidnapped. i cant even go to the casey forum anymore. she is filth and has no right walking among us.
how she can not be in jail is beyond me. im just sick. i can only be on this thread where i know darlie is in jail where she should be. not sure yet abou darin. he didnt grieve as i thought a man with 2 slaughtered kids would. how he was able to discuss the DD's i will never know.
i still wonder what he meant when he said " we will always have to remeber what we saw in the kids eyes. wasnt devon already dead? what was all the DEVON DEVON DEVON screaming about. did he need one final wound too to finish him off? when DID darin start CPR if he wasnt bloody at karens door? why didnt the cops photograph him before washing blood of his back, shoulder, face, hair and glassses?

darin says on leeza he heard the glass before darlies screams. impossible. he also said darlie called 911 AFTER he was downstairs. i thought we heard him come down on the call and darlie said he just came down to help her. what was it we really heard? i swear i hear knives clicking or glass or something in the 911 call. what was that noise? why did no one help damon?

what was the KAREN scream about. or was it Darin darlie was yelling at to make sure he came back in time from dropping the sock? just tossing ideas out.

why did darin say he didnt know darlie was cut (not stabbed JMO - she wasnt stabbed to me) if he heard her on the 911 call that happened after he came downstairs.

why the heck did darlie not tell 911 please hurry there has been a stabbing, please tell me how to help. walk me thru CPR or tell me how to stop the bleeding in the chest wounds. its was ALL about getting her story on tape. wtf? save the drama for later. help ur boys. hold them. stop yelling in their faces "their dead, their dying". and what was the" i thought he was dead about? " who devon or damon? when did the 2nd attack happen? does damon's death of 9 minutes timeline start before of after the 2nd attack i wonder.
if darlie said damon woke her by touching her and saying mommy why did she wipe his handprint off the couch? was he mobile beofre 2nd attack
if she wanted us to belive she has defensive bruising why did she change from fighting to frightening? why didnt she say she picked up knife from carpet, why lie about the dam utility room. is she THAT stupid. geeze this case angers me.
how were the sponges on sink clean and drakes bottle upright if she was wetting towels (which no one saw wet) if she cut herself oversink why no blood on the upright bottle or sponges? did she have towel under her when she did it)

the knife nicks on wrist? was that from the blade closest to handle hitting her as she stabbled the kids? was the knife wound on arm self inflicted or did knife slip?

darlies killed those boys. what did darin do or know? im so on the fence about him. he sure did grieve oddly as well. the the hell does he know! did he bruise her? she did have brusing and cuts. not the defensive wounds you see in brutal attacks but she did have something. did darin help. that means they had more time than we knew. or did he fight her to get the knife out of her hand. what about the knife nicks on her fingers. more struggle over the knife or more from cutting herself while killing the boys?

could motive truly have been to get attention and be the grieving mother, try to punish darin for the seperation talk or did she truly snap? why was the wedding dress out and the photo album open. did darlie even go to bed that night. its hard to sleep on diet pills unless she took them so long she finally fell asleep hard.

SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT.
if darlie was on diet pills, had PPD, fought with darin that night why not go for that in defense. she could have spared her life and gotten life maybe and not DP. she really is stupid.

i know im rambling. im on pain pills for wisdom tooth removal. i know i make no sense. i just dont get this case.
everything is hinky!!

talk to me cami. tell me what you think currently. the posts i have read are older. have u changed your mind about darin? do u think he had a role? what do u think caused the knife nicks on darlie?

finally..i think im the only one who even tho i believe she is guilty - she didnt make a huge fuss about fingerprints on knife. 911 brought it up not to touch and she said i already did. maybe we could have gotten prints. she didnt bring it up. that part im not gonna convict on.

why does darin story change as many times as darlies practically? and why did darlie keep saying "oh my god? was she freaked at what she did or was she freaking out that damon was still alive. she kept going from their dead, to their dying. was the OMG the panic one was still alive?
why was she not holding her babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

casey is such a danger to society im disgusted she is walking free. the jury got it wrong. at least i can say darlie had a funeral for her kids and didnt toss them like trarsh claiming they were kidnapped. i cant even go to the casey forum anymore. she is filth and has no right walking among us.
how she can not be in jail is beyond me. im just sick. i can only be on this thread where i know darlie is in jail where she should be. not sure yet abou darin. he didnt grieve as i thought a man with 2 slaughtered kids would. how he was able to discuss the DD's i will never know.
i still wonder what he meant when he said " we will always have to remeber what we saw in the kids eyes. wasnt devon already dead? what was all the DEVON DEVON DEVON screaming about. did he need one final wound too to finish him off? when DID darin start CPR if he wasnt bloody at karens door? why didnt the cops photograph him before washing blood of his back, shoulder, face, hair and glassses?

darin says on leeza he heard the glass before darlies screams. impossible. he also said darlie called 911 AFTER he was downstairs. i thought we heard him come down on the call and darlie said he just came down to help her. what was it we really heard? i swear i hear knives clicking or glass or something in the 911 call. what was that noise? why did no one help damon?

what was the KAREN scream about. or was it Darin darlie was yelling at to make sure he came back in time from dropping the sock? just tossing ideas out.

why did darin say he didnt know darlie was cut (not stabbed JMO - she wasnt stabbed to me) if he heard her on the 911 call that happened after he came downstairs.

why the heck did darlie not tell 911 please hurry there has been a stabbing, please tell me how to help. walk me thru CPR or tell me how to stop the bleeding in the chest wounds. its was ALL about getting her story on tape. wtf? save the drama for later. help ur boys. hold them. stop yelling in their faces "their dead, their dying". and what was the" i thought he was dead about? " who devon or damon? when did the 2nd attack happen? does damon's death of 9 minutes timeline start before of after the 2nd attack i wonder.
if darlie said damon woke her by touching her and saying mommy why did she wipe his handprint off the couch? was he mobile beofre 2nd attack
if she wanted us to belive she has defensive bruising why did she change from fighting to frightening? why didnt she say she picked up knife from carpet, why lie about the dam utility room. is she THAT stupid. geeze this case angers me.
how were the sponges on sink clean and drakes bottle upright if she was wetting towels (which no one saw wet) if she cut herself oversink why no blood on the upright bottle or sponges? did she have towel under her when she did it)

the knife nicks on wrist? was that from the blade closest to handle hitting her as she stabbled the kids? was the knife wound on arm self inflicted or did knife slip?

darlies killed those boys. what did darin do or know? im so on the fence about him. he sure did grieve oddly as well. the the hell does he know! did he bruise her? she did have brusing and cuts. not the defensive wounds you see in brutal attacks but she did have something. did darin help. that means they had more time than we knew. or did he fight her to get the knife out of her hand. what about the knife nicks on her fingers. more struggle over the knife or more from cutting herself while killing the boys?

could motive truly have been to get attention and be the grieving mother, try to punish darin for the seperation talk or did she truly snap? why was the wedding dress out and the photo album open. did darlie even go to bed that night. its hard to sleep on diet pills unless she took them so long she finally fell asleep hard.

if darlie was on diet pills, had PPD, fought with darin that night why not go for that in defense. she could have spared her life and gotten life maybe and not DP. she really is stupid.

i know im rambling. im on pain pills for wisdom tooth removal. i know i make no sense. i just dont get this case.
everything is hinky!!

talk to me cami. tell me what you think currently. the posts i have read are older. have u changed your mind about darin? do u think he had a role? what do u think caused the knife nicks on darlie?

finally..i think im the only one who even tho i believe she is guilty - she didnt make a huge fuss about fingerprints on knife. 911 brought it up not to touch and she said i already did. maybe we could have gotten prints. she didnt bring it up. that part im not gonna convict on.

why does darin story change as many times as darlies practically? and why did darlie keep saying "oh my god? was she freaked at what she did or was she freaking out that damon was still alive. she kept going from their dead, to their dying. was the OMG the panic one was still alive?

Even before Darlie was arrested she and Darin showed marked arrogance. Foolishly, I've always thought.

[

I totally agree.

Devon was dead but his eyes were open. Damon was still alive so his eyes were open too.

Because the cops were told this was an intruder not Darin.

WEll Darin is lying. He's trying to help Darlie cover up the crime. I don't hear anything let alone knives clicking so I don't know what noise you are talking about.

Don't know. It could be Karen or Darin. No one knows but the two of them.

I don't know, this is confusing to me. I don't remember Darin saying he didn't know she was cut. They've told so many lies it's hard to keep them straight.

Because she's guilty of stabbing them. I have always believed she called 911 for herself...she was bleeding too much.

the timeline starts when the 911 call was placed. Yes, the second attack on Damon starts the 9 minute timeline.

Because she's lying. Once she realized no one was falling for her "I was sleeping" when she was attacked, she bought Damon into it. And she had to have a reason if his blood was found anywhere but in that murder room. i.e.

Because she knows there was no evidence of a fight so she had to say she was "frightening" hahahahaha yeah she looks pretty frightening.

It's not that she's stupid, she just thought she'd be believed like she was everytime she lied to her friends or Darin. She thought she could convince the jury of her innocence.

If she cut herself at the sink, which I believe, she didn't hit an artery so there shouldn't have been any blood flinging to the right hand sink and the bottle. Not a lot anyway, probably just drips from the knife. I don't know I'm just speculating. However, when you see the luminol photos, you see the bottle is blue so there must have been some blood on it. There was also blood wiped from the taps and spout. I think the blood went straight down to the sink and down the front of the cupboard to the floor.

NO she wasn't wetting towels, that's a lie to support the luminol findings in the sink. I don't know if she had a towel under her neck prior to cut.

I wasn't aware she had knife nicks on her wrists? Considering I believe she had that sock on her hand, her wrists would have been covered.

Yes, I believe the arm wound is self-inlicted. How do you get a defense wound on your forearm? Wouldn't it be on the inside of the arm? She should have defence wounds on her hands, fingers, palms and arms if she is fighting a knife weilding intruder. She should have broken arm bones to go with those bruises had she been beaten.

I don't think any of us will ever know why she killed those boys. We can only speculate from what we have learned. It's in the family dynamics. You have to know the family and what was going on to understand the motive.

NOne of us know what Darin did or didn't do. He was the first suspect in this case but the evidence coming back all pointed to Darlie and not Darin. IMO she was angry, very angry about something. YOu can hear the anger in her voice on the 911 call, when she isn't whining that is.

You have to go by the evidence. Darin applied for a $5000 loan and was denied. He was so desperate to get this money, he asked the loans officer to present it again as a vacation loan and was rejected again. The marriage was on the rocks, the business was *advertiser censored* up, they were in debt up to their eyeballs. Creditors starting to hound them for money. Darlie depressed and suicidal. Needing money for the Cancun and Pennsylvania vacations.

No one knows what Darin did becaus he's lying to cover up for Darlie. But his statements were all consistant with his movements. It's possible they fought over the knife, Darin banging her arm down on the counter or something to release the death grip she had on that knife.

I for one do not believe Darlie went to sleep that night. Plus she was edgy because of the pills. MOO I've taken diet pills, I know what they can do to you.

everything is hinky!!

I'm talking, I'm talking, LOL. NO, I don't believe Darin had any involvement in the murders. I think he either caught her at it or he figured out pretty quickly she did it and decided to support her.

I for one don't think Darin gave a rat's *advertiser censored* about those kids over Darlie. She was his trophy.

Well yes she did, she is the first one to mention the knife. The operator responded with "there's a knife, don't touch anything" But no we won't convict her on that. It's the evidence, blood evidence that convicts her, IMO.
It's just strange that a mother would be talking about prints on the knife whilst her two sons are dead and dying in front of her.

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, no one can answer those questions.

yup cami just read the reponses and i agree. i already knew the answers to most but its hard not to want to type them in a semi rant and see it all out of my head and on post. im glad u replied. i need to see some sanity after being on darlie's site and watching the programs about the case. im sure darlie thought her story would be accepted. i dont think she understood the depth of CSI. im sure she was quite surprised to hear that night told back during court and hearing her actions thru the blood testimony, evidence and lack thereof. im also sure she had a "DOH" moment when it was stated the intruder would have just taken the darn screen off and not sliced it.

still baffled on her briusing since she didnt fight but had a fright. that was one story she should have stuck to. especially if there was an intruder and her life was spared. one would think the only way to bolster the fact she lived would be thru a fight. (and even that is a stretch since im sure the big man with a knife could have still overpowered her) also..hello darlie..you said damon touched your shoulder so his print would have been ok on the couch. people may have believed if he reached for darlie on the couch he may have touched the couch as well. no need to wipe off. she just hadnt thought of that part of her story when she wiped it clean. (it was damons right?)
for anyone to have wiped the print of the couch clearly shows presence of guilt. im believe it was darlie. my only question is what did she wipe it off with?

i think too much is emphasis is placed on the bloody print on the sofa table. IF the intruder (not wearing gloves) left that print then i would have to assume he would have left at least one more somewhere. he now had blood on his hands. he touched nothing else but the table? even on his hasty exit? oh, maybe he washed his hands as he was kindly cleaning the kitch sink.

as i stated in another post, today i have changed my mind about darin. i dont think he staged anything in the crime scene. i think his coverup began in statements, not direct actions. he knew she was lying and wanted to save her. im sure it clicked for him quicky. he knew darlie well since she was 15. he was able to not focus on his grief but instead concentrated on saving his precious darlie instead. his many lies (that i cant keep straight either)are all to match the evidence. wet towels ect.
and ya..he said (im pretty sure on was leeza) he didnt realize she was cut. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant in the 1st seconds because otherwise he gets a side eye from me and a "really darin?" otherwise i need to ask...where did he think all the blood come from on darlies gown? what about her "ive been stabbed" on the 911 call, the "i think im dying", holding a towel to her neck ect was all about? he missed all that? i dont buy it. darin's just trying to make all the bs fit and failed IMO. the not knowing darlie was cut was to bolster the thought that darlie was NOT thinking of herself, only the boys as she was running around trying to help. it was to contradict the statements that she was only concerned with her wounds.

as far as the nicks on wrist..in one of the photos of her wrist bruising there is what some say are fingernail imprints (some poeple's evidence of her intruder struggle) to me they looked like little knife indentions. where the sock had possibly slipped down, exposed her wrist and when she plunged the knife in her wrist pressed into the part of the knife that in under the handle. its not blade sharp but it pointy enought to make those impressions. heck even with the sock covering her wrist it still could have left those marks. it wouldnt cut the sock, just press thru it. that is just me unscientifically throwing that out there as it was my first thought when i saw the photos.

so anyway. more thoughts from me. i truly hope anyone who thinks darlie is innocent doesnt think i am thinking their opinions dont mean as much as mine or that i am being snarky to their beliefs. its just when i read all the diffeernt stories from darlie and family trying to match the evidence i cant stop from shaking my head. i get that there are factors that make people believe that other scenerios could have happened. i really do. i was once on the fence as im sure many are/were so i mean no disrespect. i know i seem hard on her but i think she's guilty so in my mind she deserves a little of my ranting and some eye rolling about her testimony.

i'm not sure why she would need a new trial. is their any new evidence that she didn't purposly withhold in the 1st trial? most of the evidence on the fordarlie website are things that should have been addressed or were addressed in the 1st. its not "new". it just monday morning quarterback kind of stuff.
unless the finger print bring up new results then im not sure why one would be granted.
the only thing i can think of would be the transcript errors but i think that has already been squashed.
no my vote would be no new trial at this time.
i would be ok, however, if the state offered her life instead of DR if she was willing to give a full and truthful account of what really happened that night in the form of a confession if she wanted to do that. (although i think the state probaby is sure they already know enough from evidence of what happened so they may not care for an 11th hour confession at this point)

Totally agree with you, Cami.

I also believe both women have personality disorders, which are mental health issues that would not qualify as making them unable to stand trial and in and of themselves would not cause them to kill their children, which is why psychiatrists/psychologists working for defense or prosecution would not be likely to state this in any diagnois, but those disorders would certainly make them capable of killing to get rid of anyone in their way.

Main reason I believe this was not brought out in Casey's case (I believe her to have NPD and ASPD incidentally) is that if the prosecution had doctors state this, during trial the defense would be focusing on their diagnostic criteria and getting hired guns on the stand to disagree, and totally distract from more germane evidence. If the defense had stated this, well.... doesn't look so good for their client, does it?

Since personality disorders are not mental illnesses, again, doesn't make them unfit to stand trial or unable to tell right from wrong, just allows them to be totally okay with killing their children if they are stopping them from living like they want....

IMO.

Yes, I agree. The silly string video is evidence to me of an histronic personality disorder...it's Darlie playing to the cameras. She's getting the attention she always desired. The fact it is over her dead boys doesn't matter to her. I think she has some ASPD tendencies as well. The symptoms don't have to be full-blown.

Mental illness can be cured in some instances but these women will always have those pds, that's why they are dangerous. A psychopath doesn't usually get dangerous until cornered.

yup cami just read the reponses and i agree. i already knew the answers to most but its hard not to want to type them in a semi rant and see it all out of my head and on post. im glad u replied. i need to see some sanity after being on darlie's site and watching the programs about the case. im sure darlie thought her story would be accepted. i dont think she understood the depth of CSI. im sure she was quite surprised to hear that night told back during court and hearing her actions thru the blood testimony, evidence and lack thereof. im also sure she had a "DOH" moment when it was stated the intruder would have just taken the darn screen off and not sliced it.

still baffled on her briusing since she didnt fight but had a fright. that was one story she should have stuck to. especially if there was an intruder and her life was spared. one would think the only way to bolster the fact she lived would be thru a fight. (and even that is a stretch since im sure the big man with a knife could have still overpowered her) also..hello darlie..you said damon touched your shoulder so his print would have been ok on the couch. people may have believed if he reached for darlie on the couch he may have touched the couch as well. no need to wipe off. she just hadnt thought of that part of her story when she wiped it clean. (it was damons right?)
for anyone to have wiped the print of the couch clearly shows presence of guilt. im believe it was darlie. my only question is what did she wipe it off with?

i think too much is emphasis is placed on the bloody print on the sofa table. IF the intruder (not wearing gloves) left that print then i would have to assume he would have left at least one more somewhere. he now had blood on his hands. he touched nothing else but the table? even on his hasty exit? oh, maybe he washed his hands as he was kindly cleaning the kitch sink.

as i stated in another post, today i have changed my mind about darin. i dont think he staged anything in the crime scene. i think his coverup began in statements, not direct actions. he knew she was lying and wanted to save her. im sure it clicked for him quicky. he knew darlie well since she was 15. he was able to not focus on his grief but instead concentrated on saving his precious darlie instead. his many lies (that i cant keep straight either)are all to match the evidence. wet towels ect.
and ya..he said (im pretty sure on was leeza) he didnt realize she was cut. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant in the 1st seconds because otherwise he gets a side eye from me and a "really darin?" otherwise i need to ask...where did he think all the blood come from on darlies gown? what about her "ive been stabbed" on the 911 call, the "i think im dying", holding a towel to her neck ect was all about? he missed all that? i dont buy it. darin's just trying to make all the bs fit and failed IMO. the not knowing darlie was cut was to bolster the thought that darlie was NOT thinking of herself, only the boys as she was running around trying to help. it was to contradict the statements that she was only concerned with her wounds.

as far as the nicks on wrist..in one of the photos of her wrist bruising there is what some say are fingernail imprints (some poeple's evidence of her intruder struggle) to me they looked like little knife indentions. where the sock had possibly slipped down, exposed her wrist and when she plunged the knife in her wrist pressed into the part of the knife that in under the handle. its not blade sharp but it pointy enought to make those impressions. heck even with the sock covering her wrist it still could have left those marks. it wouldnt cut the sock, just press thru it. that is just me unscientifically throwing that out there as it was my first thought when i saw the photos.

so anyway. more thoughts from me. i truly hope anyone who thinks darlie is innocent doesnt think i am thinking their opinions dont mean as much as mine or that i am being snarky to their beliefs. its just when i read all the diffeernt stories from darlie and family trying to match the evidence i cant stop from shaking my head. i get that there are factors that make people believe that other scenerios could have happened. i really do. i was once on the fence as im sure many are/were so i mean no disrespect. i know i seem hard on her but i think she's guilty so in my mind she deserves a little of my ranting and some eye rolling about her testimony.

Oh rant away erinleigh, nobody minds. Yes, I believe Darlie was criminally stupid to think she'd get away with this.

Now erin, how can you cut yourself through a sock and not cut the sock, that doesn't make sense. The nurses testified anyway that those markings that look like scrapes were dried blood I think, it's hard to remember.

None of us mean any disresprect. The supporters of Darlie and those who think she's innocent, have not read the transcripts, believe everything Darlie has told them. When they can't get us who believe she's guilty to agree with them, they accuse us of all kinds of things.

Oh rant away erinleigh, nobody minds. Yes, I believe Darlie was criminally stupid to think she'd get away with this.

Now erin, how can you cut yourself through a sock and not cut the sock, that doesn't make sense. The nurses testified anyway that those markings that look like scrapes were dried blood I think, it's hard to remember.

None of us mean any disresprect. The supporters of Darlie and those who think she's innocent, have not read the transcripts, believe everything Darlie has told them. When they can't get us who believe she's guilty to agree with them, they accuse us of all kinds of things.

its so hard to explain. when holding a butcher knife in a stab position..there is the back of the knife that is exposed. it would be directly under the handle when held in a down right motion. if you have your hand tilted forward stabling the back of the knife, the point part can press into your arm or wrist. it wont cut. it just presses.
had it happen once when a knife slipped. im not saying thats what happened...just it was what 1st popped into my mind when i saw pics. she could have easily grabbed her own wrists to look like she struggled.

Hey all, if you're on Facebook, come and join my Just about Darlie site. Love to have some good discussions there!

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.872662,-96.655528"]Google Maps[/ame]

I am a firm believer in her guilt but a stronger believer in justice so I think she should get another trial if valid issues are raised by defense... Maybe this could end things once and for all.

I do not endorse the death penalty for anyone simply because we have put too many people to death who have been later exonerated .. Hopefully a new trial will give her LWOP

IMO

I hope you meant to post that people who have been sent to death row have been exhonorated later. There's been no case where someone who has been executed has later been actually proven innocent.

I hope you meant to post that people who have been sent to death row have been exhonorated later. There's been no case where someone who has been executed has later been actually proven innocent.

You read that correct. I did not misspeak .. People have been later found innocent after they've been executed. As a matter of fact, I better find that article .. I know I read something about an exoneration thru the court for a case stemming back 50 years ..As far as the courts deeming them innocent .. I'll have to do more research on that .. I'm sure it will be lacking as this would be something any court would want to steer clear of .. The cases I have read about .. Not sure if the court technically exonerated them or if the evidence is so strong that any reasonable person would deem them innocent. I'll have to get back to you there ..

Do you doubt a system run by humans is not flawed (at best) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back