Should The Who (and Pete Townsend) be allowed to perform at the Super Bowl

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The lights were great and I was even a little impressed with Roger Daltrey's voice (I guess I wasn't expecting it to be as powerful as it is at his age)...but please, Pete Townsend should have stuck to guitar playing and not TRIED to sing. His voice was awful. I have to say the lighting was the best part of their performance.

I thought the lights were great... however, their performance was flat. It is obvious that Daltrey could not hit certain notes. IMO they have not aged as well as the Rolling Stones or Springsteen.

Oh my goodness, have you taken a peek at Keith Richards and Mick Jagger lately. In my opinion it looks like they may have died and been dug up. Sorry, just my opinion.

I thought they did well. They looked better than some other bands their age. I thought I heard that Townsend is quite hard of hearing now, I don't know if it's true or rumor, but anyway, I enjoyed it.

Thanks seatoad, that might explain the poor quality of his vocals.

Oh my goodness, have you taken a peek at Keith Richards and Mick Jagger lately. In my opinion it looks like they may have died and been dug up. Sorry, just my opinion.

I meant their performances. Physically, I agree that Richards and Jagger physically don't look so great, but performance-wise, that are able to pull it off despite their age. The Who sounded tired. (IMO of course!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back