SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive.

[video=youtube;e01RFf9Tr5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e01RFf9Tr5w[/video]

*Exterminators* You can always get a black light flash light and go night hunting for the nasty critters!:scared:
This is what I killed this morning, down by my pond, giving my wolfdogs the business. 20" long, 7 rattles, and in a REALLY bad mood. Need to quit shooting them and just bean them with a shovel, end up shooting the tail off with the head:banghead:
View attachment 34650
Last week, we had a Bobcat hanging out by the horses at around 1:00 am....it was NOT a pretty picture. Horses and wolfdogs going nuts, and couldn't get a bead on "Bob" in the dark......and it's not cool to shoot towards a neighbor's house:blushing:

Bobcat by the horses?! YOIKES!

Central Texas scorpion coward here! LOL

I never had to deal with tornadoes or scorpions in Cali!

I hate finding little baby scorpions...knowing there are bigger scorpions I haven't seen yet.

Mr DD does have a spray he uses, it seemed to do the trick last year...and ahem, he's a little late spraying it this year. I haven't seen them in my rooms, but we've got a lower level (hillside cutout), and they've been spotted there. Shivers!!!!

Gonna go out on a limb here........"CHICKENS". The only time I've run into scorpions was trimming palm trees in the general Phoenix area (you'd be surprised what lives up in those "trees") and under rocks that I move around here. My dad always had chickens in rural Scottsdale and I've always had them here. Chickens also eat centipedes and baby mice, among other "things".:rockon:
Bayer puts out some pretty good insecticides, check out Lowes or Home Depot.

Let's Ride!

[video=youtube;j2pPJywRGTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2pPJywRGTk[/video]

*Exterminators* You can always get a black light flash light and go night hunting for the nasty critters!:scared:
This is what I killed this morning, down by my pond, giving my wolfdogs the business. 20" long, 7 rattles, and in a REALLY bad mood. Need to quit shooting them and just bean them with a shovel, end up shooting the tail off with the head:banghead:
View attachment 34650
Last week, we had a Bobcat hanging out by the horses at around 1:00 am....it was NOT a pretty picture. Horses and wolfdogs going nuts, and couldn't get a bead on "Bob" in the dark......and it's not cool to shoot towards a neighbor's house:blushing:

I live in AZ and have been told that exterminators do NOT work on scorpions and the only effective "treatment" is a barrier. I'm assuming a sticky one? Anything else and they're just taking your money. I've had probably a dozen in the last 5 years or so, but noone's been stung yet. They're usually in the kitchen, although one was in a second story bedroom. Btw, whoever posted about being afraid of the big ones, it's my understanding that it's the littler ones that are actually more dangerous. I scoop them up in a cup and throw them into the wash while my dd screams like a lunatic lol So much for the apple not falling far from the tree.

Also, shake out your shoes before you put them on. Apparently they like moist dank places.

eta: I totally missed the bobcat part. I've had bobcats in my backyard more than once. And once a mother with a cub. And I'm right in the heart of North Scottsdale. Nothing rural AT ALL. It's my understanding that the bobcats are no big deal. My experience was that they drank out of the pool and the baby played while mom laid under a bush while I stayed extremely still! With the animals, a different story I imagine.

Gonna go out on a limb here........"CHICKENS". The only time I've run into scorpions was trimming palm trees in the general Phoenix area (you'd be surprised what lives up in those "trees") and under rocks that I move around here. My dad always had chickens in rural Scottsdale and I've always had them here. Chickens also eat centipedes and baby mice, among other "things".:rockon:

Now I may never eat chicken again!

Ride This!​

[video=youtube;MZjAantupsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA[/video]

Driving in the beautiful sunshine today, and heard: <<love this song>>

[video=youtube;K2nRiGoq9XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2nRiGoq9XU[/video]

Has anyone here seen a giant potatoe bug? Im not sure of their true name but thats what we call them! The big ones look like small creatures, not bugs!

Never heard of those, but I am sure they are in my woods. Everything else is. :)

My sister said that when her and my brother in law were transferred to Panama, that was the hardest thing. She said you could actually hear the huge cockroaches walking around at night. I sense my place would have bullet holes all over. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A friend who flies for American Airlines had a flight to Brazil. He said his hotel room had a cockroache so big he could put a saddle on it and ride it down the street. Made me laugh so hard.

Horse Disco!​

[video=youtube;SKdVq_vNAAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdVq_vNAAI[/video]

I live in AZ and have been told that exterminators do NOT work on scorpions and the only effective "treatment" is a barrier. I'm assuming a sticky one? Anything else and they're just taking your money. I've had probably a dozen in the last 5 years or so, but noone's been stung yet. They're usually in the kitchen, although one was in a second story bedroom. Btw, whoever posted about being afraid of the big ones, it's my understanding that it's the littler ones that are actually more dangerous. I scoop them up in a cup and throw them into the wash while my dd screams like a lunatic lol So much for the apple not falling far from the tree.

Also, shake out your shoes before you put them on. Apparently they like moist dank places.

It's probably like snakes. I'm told by my dad's "snake doctor friend" that the younger ones do not know how to regulate venom secretion, thus delivering a more deadly dosage.

Those sticky traps work really well. So far I have caught five spiders, a cat, and a Pomeranian. (Moral of the story....be careful where you place them...out of the "reach" of pets! It's a bugger bear trying to pry one of those sticky things off a Pomeranian.)

Has anyone here seen a giant potatoe bug? Im not sure of their true name but thats what we call them! The big ones look like small creatures, not bugs!

BBM - EWWWWWWW!

The bugs of my childhood nightmares!

images

ETA:

Jerusalem cricket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ewww. Scorpions and roaches. Good luck with the scorpions. I read that you need to seal every place in your home to keep them out. We have them out here but haven't had one yet, luckily in around 40 years.

In OH growing up, we did have them but my Pop worked for a manufacturer there and he would tell stories of the 3" to 4" ones. chills. They were called *advertiser censored* roaches.

In the AF we were in Biloxi, Mississippi for a few months. There they had big ones and they were called "wood roaches" by the locals.

In FL, they don't have roaches! They have "palmetto bugs", yeah...

http://www.orkin.com/cockroaches/difference-between-a-cockroach-and-a-palmetto-bug/

And they are big. We went to my dad's in fl. and my sister had foot surgery and had to soak in betadine when she let the water out of the sink we didn't notice at first because the palmetto bug was the same color but it came up the drain as soon as she let the water out. We screamed and my brother came running in and didn't notice why we were screaming right away, he thought we were nuts.

It makes Hair Grow TOO!

[video=youtube;PGNiXGX2nLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU[/video]

That is exactly what I got the product by Bayer. Chickens don't survive here. Too many dogs and coyotes. I would love to have some though. jmo

Barry Does It!

[video=youtube;v8Hw6yAaeBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Hw6yAaeBw[/video]

It's probably like snakes. I'm told by my dad's "snake doctor friend" that the younger ones do not know how to regulate venom secretion, thus delivering a more deadly dosage.

Those sticky traps work really well. So far I have caught five spiders, a cat, and a Pomeranian. (Moral of the story....be careful where you place them...out of the "reach" of pets! It's a bugger bear trying to pry one of those sticky things off a Pomeranian.)

I trapped one today and wanted to make sure it was dead so I slammed it with my shoe. It took forever to get my shoe off of the trap. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97