SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't be on here, I should be sleeping. But, I'm a mess.

I know it's overly dramatic and I know it's stupid but my son had his 8th grade "graduation" tonight. They had a mother/son dance....

He's just growing so fast and I only have four more years with him at home. How did 14 years go by this quickly? I love him and he's so funny and he makes me belly laugh every day. I can't imagine him not being here and being a man and not needing me anymore.

Again, I apologize. I'm being ridiculous and I don't know why I'm even posting this here... I guess cuz I feel comfortable.

Thanks for letting me vent. :( my eyes are going to be all puffy tomorrow from crying and I'm going to be SO ugly! Maybe I'll post a picture so you can all laugh at me.

Oh, HO......*sigh*......the next 4 years will probably be the most trying, exciting, disappointing, wonderful, incredible, frustrating, awesome, questionable, horrible, astounding, unbelievable,............it will just blow your mind by the time he's graduating High School! You will look at yourself and (hopefully) say, "Dahmn, that awesome young man is my son!"
Save the tears for this next adventure, it might get a bit bumping, but as long as he knows you love him, support him, and still give him boundaries, albeit a bit more lenient than before, everything will be just fine!
Seriously, he's going to have his first prom...:noooo:
He's going to get a learner's permit and then a driver's license :scared:
He may get into sports as a player or spectator :please:
What if he starts his own garage band? :drumroll:
He could envision himself as the next Tony Hawk and go through skateboards like the shoes he's going to grow out of! :facepalm:
What if he becomes a ladies man, girls calling him all the time? :blushing:
You thought the last 14 years were something....... now he's going to start putting to use all those qualities you taught him. He's going to be dipping his toes in that pool of adulthood, and if he goes in too far, too soon, you'll be there to dry him off, get his courage back, and slowly work his way towards what lies beyond the shallows.
It's going to be an awesome ride, just don't clench the steering wheel, roll down those windows, crank up the music, and take it as it comes!!!! Nothing's worse than riding the brakes! :skip:
You're going to love it! If he gets out of hand, just remind him: You brought him into this world, you can certainly take him out! :floorlaugh:

The way things are now, he may be under your roof for the next 10 years, so don't panic.........................yet!:chillout:

OMG!! This song has such good memories for me. In the aftermath of Katrina, we lived on the carnival cruise ship in New Orleans as essential city personnel (my fiance was a firefighter captain). It was only weeks after katrina and the city was devastated and we were all little more than refugees in a destroyed city.

Well we had to take the shuttle bus from the ship to our vehicle. One that shuttle bus, late one night, this song came on. My fiance started SINGING it!! Complete with the dance motions of the pips (whoo whoo!). Well i was mortified. We were on a shuttle bus of people, strangers and many were still just numb and exhausted from what had happened. I couldn;t imagine of what they thought of this nutty white man singing this song with all his heart.

Ah, but he made them smile, even laugh some and many joined in. It was a sweet moment, a brief flash of oh so funnyness in the midst of such a crazy , sad time. It is a memory of him I cherish for he died suddenly 2 years later. But I hear this song, see the pips dancing and my heart smiles!!

Nite all! Tomorrow is a big day, it's Friday! I have to pick out a cute outfit to bring my new baby home...well if they can find it, it's lost in transit or in a parking lot somewhere...

Don't fret it's not a real baby or a furbaby...

Nite! :seeya:

Let me tell you something, Neesaki - If anyone ever had PTSD, it was me after losing that Schnauzer.....I had dreams of him for over a year and cannot even post pics of him or even look at pics of him...I will eventually, but that was my BABY - The Little General - "Little Man" we called him.

I know what you mean. There's something special about our dogs, some more than others. I think it's because they are so innocent, they are so smart, they love us so unconditionally, and in many ways, they take on our human traits. So they become almost like people to us. Babies. Whatever it is, what you say makes me cry :cry:

Nite all! Tomorrow is a big day, it's Friday! I have to pick out a cute outfit to bring my new baby home...well if they can find it, it's lost in transit or in a parking lot somewhere...

Not a real baby, not a fur baby. What kind of baby does that leave? :waitasec:

He wears glasses and contacts, wouldn't they have caught it? I'm taking him in. Things like this scare me. Better to be safe.

Did you say he say he had a dark spot in some part of his eye? If so, yes, it should be checked by an expert opth. - may be nothing, but worth checking.

Just curious, does anyone's spouse besides mine, complain about them staying up so late doing this silly old websleuth thing ? LOL

Bwhahhhhhhhhh!!! So what is it? :floorlaugh:

Just curious, does anyone's spouse besides mine, complain about them staying up so late doing this silly old websleuth thing ? LOL

Not here - My husband is wonderful and hopefully sleeping like I should be...

:scared:

Alright, I'd better turn in. I stay up too late and my schedule is so off. Something about it that I just don't want to go to bed. I'm really, really going to try to walk away though. Sweet dream friends. :bedtime:

:eek:fftobed: Going to go sit outside, make sure the stars are all there, listen to my wuffs howl for a bit, and contemplate what a great day it was to be alive.
Sleep well, Sleuthers!

So you need to pick out an outfit to bring your new "baby" home "if they can find it, it's lost in transit..." this really is a mystery.
Ok, TenaciousD, this really is not funny.:wink:

Haha, mine thinks I am a nut for being so into all of these cases. i guess it doesn't help that I interrogate him about bodies, cadaver dogs, decomposition, and whether he thinks I could ambush him, take him down and drag down a hall.:floorlaugh:

:eek:fftobed: Going to go sit outside, make sure the stars are all there, listen to my wuffs howl for a bit, and contemplate what a great day it was to be alive.
Sleep well, Sleuthers!

As Nancy says: Goodnight, friend :seeya:

I'm lucky that my husband is interested too...We both agree that as long as something doesn't interfere with Auburn football, that is OK.
You War Damn Eagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member