SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning. Was finally able to sleep last night - of course wine helped.

I will not be watching the JA Lifetime movie. I am sick of poor little Jodi.

Here is a song that I have always liked and I like this version by Roger Miller the best.
Enjoy!!
Roger Miller "Me And Bobby McGee" - YouTube

I'd watch if it was a movie about Travis's life but surely it's going to be all Jodi, all day long. No thanks.

All you e-cig kids and those trying to quit analogs, (don't know where that sub thread is :doh: ) but High Desert Vapes is having a 50% off on Joyetech eVic until the 16th, just put "EVIC" in the promo code. Not affiliated with them but good people............And KCL is just CRUEL!!!!! Cinnamon Chocolate Icecream with white chocolate ...........OMG! I MUST FIND THAT!!!!!!!
Off to move horse panels, soon it will be too hot to do anything outside :hot:

Good Morning WS'ers!

:coffeews:

As far as the Lifetime movie, I will watch because I want to see how they portray both.

Also, I wonder if Jodi gets to watch it? :floorlaugh:

Thirdly, why is the movie being released when the trial is not over?

I will not spend my time watching it because I feel it will be all about JA and who can believe anything she saids Travis is not here to tell his side of the story it's all her say
Note: This is not like any trail I have ever watched it's worse than Casey A. and I thought it was bad at the time the story change when the time is to suit her and now they are changing it again but she can change her story over and over she still has life in prison.
All she talked about was sex and more sex and you know the rest of the story about her
and on NancyGrace the side bars were about sex and her boob job which as nothing to do with killing Travis Alexlander.

It gives me the creeps looking at the actress. Do you think they used enough hair spray???

JA has creeped me out for a long time. That picture is too creepy for words.

The hairspray factor is too much. :facepalm:

Creepy indeed.

When I see Jodi Arias face, she looks cold. She is emotionless and consumed by anger. Would partly explain why she brutally killed Travis Alexander. I even some eye bulging with Arias, which is more obvious in Drew. She reminds me of Lori Drew or Seung-Hui Cho as they are cold and consumed by rage.

Jodi Arias
Jodi+Arias+My+space.jpg

jodi-arias.jpg

8425307.jpg

Lori Drew
Lori%20Drew.jpg

lori_drew_kayeg5nc.jpg

Seung-Hui Cho
Seung-Hui_Cho.jpg

abc_gma_whycho_070419_mn.jpg

Since it's so slow in here, and I'm bored...

Some of you may know this but my sister is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. She's been clean for five years. She was addicted to heroin. For the past couple years, she has been on Suboxone, which is basically a rx drug from her doctor that blocks her from getting high if she were to take any opiates. It was just one more way to ensure her continued sobriety.

Well, she decided a couple weeks ago that she doesn't want to be on it anymore. She doesn't want to be on anything. So, like an idiot, she tried to quit cold-turkey. Suboxone is a VERY VERY strong drug that stays in your system for a very very long time. To wean off properly can take close to a year. To quit cold-turkey, she could be in severe and painful withdrawal for weeks. Medically speaking, she can quit cold-turkey and it won't kill her like detoxing from some other things may.

So, after about a week of suffering, she couldn't take it anymore and took a Suboxone. That made her feel 1,000x better. Well, three days later, here we are again, and she is in the throes of horrible, painful withdrawal. She is refusing to wean off (not to mention it's next to impossible because the doctor who rx'd her Sub is a JERK and if she wants his help, she has to pay him $500 for an office visit - he's the only doctor in our area who rx's Suboxone) and she wants to just be done with it.

But she is suffering soooo much. Her therapist gave her a few medications to help ease the withdrawals a bit. She lives alone (my mom and I are taking her son while she's going through this as she is in no shape to care for herself, let alone a child). I'm so worried about her. This withdrawal greatly affects the mind as well as the rest of the body. She is SO depressed and anxious, along with vomiting, diarrhea, chills, body aches, etc.

As an addict, I just don't trust her with medications. When she is in severe pain as she is in now, I wouldn't put it past her to pop six Xanax instead of one just because one didn't work, then two didn't, etc. Plus her body is very tolerant of everything.

My point is...... (sorry), I'm just afraid she's going to accidentally overdose or something. She is so miserable, she's an addict (even though recovering) so she wants a fast fix, and I just don't see how she's going to get through this next one to two weeks of HELL and come out okay.

I've called her three times this morning and she hasn't answered. I will probably drive over there at lunch (luckily she lives close to my work) to check on her if my mom hasn't heard from her yet. But am I going to have to check on her 10x a day in order to not worry?? She doesn't want anyone staying with her. She says she is so depressed and sick, she doesn't want to see a soul.

UGH! Just had to get that off my chest. As you were. :)

Some of you may know this but my sister is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. She's been clean for five years. She was addicted to heroin. For the past couple years, she has been on Suboxone, which is basically a rx drug from her doctor that blocks her from getting high if she were to take any opiates. It was just one more way to ensure her continued sobriety.

Well, she decided a couple weeks ago that she doesn't want to be on it anymore. She doesn't want to be on anything. So, like an idiot, she tried to quit cold-turkey. Suboxone is a VERY VERY strong drug that stays in your system for a very very long time. To wean off properly can take close to a year. To quit cold-turkey, she could be in severe and painful withdrawal for weeks. Medically speaking, she can quit cold-turkey and it won't kill her like detoxing from some other things may.

So, after about a week of suffering, she couldn't take it anymore and took a Suboxone. That made her feel 1,000x better. Well, three days later, here we are again, and she is in the throes of horrible, painful withdrawal. She is refusing to wean off (not to mention it's next to impossible because the doctor who rx'd her Sub is a JERK and if she wants his help, she has to pay him $500 for an office visit - he's the only doctor in our area who rx's Suboxone) and she wants to just be done with it.

But she is suffering soooo much. Her therapist gave her a few medications to help ease the withdrawals a bit. She lives alone (my mom and I are taking her son while she's going through this as she is in no shape to care for herself, let alone a child). I'm so worried about her. This withdrawal greatly affects the mind as well as the rest of the body. She is SO depressed and anxious, along with vomiting, diarrhea, chills, body aches, etc.

As an addict, I just don't trust her with medications. When she is in severe pain as she is in now, I wouldn't put it past her to pop six Xanax instead of one just because one didn't work, then two didn't, etc. Plus her body is very tolerant of everything.

My point is...... (sorry), I'm just afraid she's going to accidentally overdose or something. She is so miserable, she's an addict (even though recovering) so she wants a fast fix, and I just don't see how she's going to get through this next one to two weeks of HELL and come out okay.

I've called her three times this morning and she hasn't answered. I will probably drive over there at lunch (luckily she lives close to my work) to check on her if my mom hasn't heard from her yet. But am I going to have to check on her 10x a day in order to not worry?? She doesn't want anyone staying with her. She says she is so depressed and sick, she doesn't want to see a soul.

Gosh, that's gotta be so hard, sorry she / you are going through this. Do you know if she's cutting her dose of the Suboxone gradually?

Also, you probably already know all this, but just in case:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5652549_wean-off-suboxone.html

Addiction is a very serious problem that does not know any bounds. Good to hear your sister seeked treatment and stayed sober for 5 years. Not easy. Addicts can easily relapse and that can be potentially deadly.

Can she not get put into rehab? Can a social services worker visit her? IDK how it works in the US, but we can do this here. My BF's mother is addicted to morphine, because of her fibromalgia. It's a heart-breaking to see her sometimes. :(

Neekaki: Nope, she's not weaning off, she just quit taking it when her last rx ran out.

HMS: Thanks, and I know, it's very scary. We've been dealing with her addiction/recovery for 20 years now. It's been a long 20 years. :)

Elle: She doesn't want to go into rehab as she isn't 'addicted' per se, it's just that her body is addicted to it after having been on it for two years. Kinda like when I was taking the evil Effexor for my depression and I decided I hated it and quit taking it. I ended up missing work because of the horrible withdrawal symptoms (not nearly what she's experiencing, obviously). But I wouldn't have checked myself into rehab for it. If that makes sense? :)

I guess my mom talked to her. I don't know why she isn't answering my calls?? :waitasec:

Neekaki: Nope, she's not weaning off, she just quit taking it when her last rx ran out.

HMS: Thanks, and I know, it's very scary. We've been dealing with her addiction/recovery for 20 years now. It's been a long 20 years. :)

Elle: She doesn't want to go into rehab as she isn't 'addicted' per se, it's just that her body is addicted to it after having been on it for two years. Kinda like when I was taking the evil Effexor for my depression and I decided I hated it and quit taking it. I ended up missing work because of the horrible withdrawal symptoms (not nearly what she's experiencing, obviously). But I wouldn't have checked myself into rehab for it. If that makes sense? :)

I guess my mom talked to her. I don't know why she isn't answering my calls?? :waitasec:

BBM~ :floorlaugh: I can vouch for that!

Yes, maybe check on her. She sounds like she's a toughie, but still your support is probably what she needs. A strong person to support a family member who is going through hard times. :seeya:

I really hate suggesting this, but get her on a outpatient methadone treatment. You can usually find one through the County Health Department. Suboxone is extremely dangerous to just stop "cold turkey" and heroin junkies don't know how to alleviate their discomfort without getting high, there is no middle ground. It's either puking, convulsing, and going through hell, or getting high. There is no such thing as taking the edge off with 97% of junkies.
If she's in that 3% who kick and stay off for the rest of their lives w/o any other opiate substitutes, she'll be lucky.
Classic kick for a heroin addict is a bag of weed, a few bottles of wine, and locking themselves in a room for a few days. And TONS of sugary junk food.
I feel for you, HO, have 1st ex hub and my 32 year old daughter (and her hub) who are all heroin junkies. Been there, done that, got real tired of hiding cash, medication, stuff they could pawn, etc, etc. Watched my ex overdose several times, my daughter's hub OD'd her, she was DEAD. The EMT's hit her with a 2nd opiate antagonizer and for some reason, they got a pulse.
If your sister doesn't want to wean off the RIGHT way, you're going to have to walk away. You can't make someone do what they don't want to do.
PM me if you'd like.:hug:

I really hate suggesting this, but get her on a outpatient methadone treatment. You can usually find one through the County Health Department. Suboxone is extremely dangerous to just stop "cold turkey" and heroin junkies don't know how to alleviate their discomfort without getting high, there is no middle ground. It's either puking, convulsing, and going through hell, or getting high. There is no such thing as taking the edge off with 97% of junkies.
If she's in that 3% who kick and stay off for the rest of their lives w/o any other opiate substitutes, she'll be lucky.
Classic kick for a heroin addict is a bag of weed, a few bottles of wine, and locking themselves in a room for a few days. And TONS of sugary junk food.
I feel for you, HO, have 1st ex hub and my 32 year old daughter (and her hub) who are all heroin junkies. Been there, done that, got real tired of hiding cash, medication, stuff they could pawn, etc, etc. Watched my ex overdose several times, my daughter's hub OD'd her, she was DEAD. The EMT's hit her with a 2nd opiate antagonizer and for some reason, they got a pulse.
If your sister doesn't want to wean off the RIGHT way, you're going to have to walk away. You can't make someone do what they don't want to do.
PM me if you'd like.:hug:

Wow, thank you so much for that. I totally agree with everything you said, that's why I really worry about her. I don't see her just laying there suffering this out the "right" way as she is an addict and an addict's greatest goal on earth is to find the easy way out.

I was just talking to my mom and I said, "There's something going on if she's answering your calls and not mine." Because my sister and I are VERY close and I have always, always, always been able to "feel" when something isn't right with her. I don't even have to be with her or talk to her, I can just feel something is wrong. My mom on the other hand, K could be higher than Ozzy and drunker than Tara Reid right in front of her face and my mom would think she was just fine, normal as can be!!!

So, is she doing what you said and smoking weed or something??? (when she got clean, she got clean-clean: no alcohol, no weed, no drug of any kind other than this Suboxone rx when she started to have a rough time with cravings) There has to be a reason she was adamant she didn't want me stopping over there last night. I understand being depressed and not wanting to see someone but what would it have hurt for me to stop by for 30 seconds? Plus, I'm her sister! I tell her she's ugly all the time, what does it matter if I see her at her worst?

I ended up stopping by anyway (did I say that up thread? I can't remember) since her house is on my way home from work and talked to her for a couple minutes. She was laying on the couch in the living room and she seemed better than I expected, words a titch slurry but not enough that I could even say for a fact they were slurry, but I chalked it up to whatever sedative the doctor had given her. Now I'm not so sure....

My spidey senses have gone on high alert. I hope I'm just over-thinking this, normally I'm incredibly perceptive with this stuff. But for her, who calls me 10x a day (literally) to not answer ANY of my calls NOR return them, yet she answers my mom's calls.... sumpin' aint' right, folks!

I've always had a hard time go and staying asleep. I got tired of Ambien and Lunesta not working, and have been trying more natural methods. I use Melatonin and it works, but I still have the problem of waking up every two hours and it wears me out. If I have a Dr. app or something the next day nothing works. It's even harder to get to sleep if there is a good trial going on and Websleuths threads are flying.

Have you tried L-Theanine?
I discovered it a couple months ago and I love it.
It works for anxiety, and puts me right to sleep when needed.
They also sell Melatonin combined with it, which is a plus.

"General uses
L-theanine may help relieve stress by inducing a relaxing effect without drowsiness and may also possess immunologic attributes. Theanine may also have effects on the cardiovascular system and play a preventative role in cancer; however, limited clinical information is available to support these claims."

http://www.drugs.com/npc/l-theanine.html

:seeya:

Long time, no see, freaks!!

ONE WEEK smoke-free in honor of Travis!!! (well, in honor of my kids too, because when I told my daughter that I quit for Travis, she stared at me like I had four heads and said, "You quit smoking for some random dude you've never met??" Hey, she's only 10, cut her some slack)

Off to catch up...

ETA: I'll make it easier on myself and just ask what I missed? I haven't even been watching TV coverage.

BBM

:thewave: :Banane43: :balloons: :Banane45:

:goldcrown: :Banane45: :juanettes: :toastred:

NEW!

The foreman publically acknowledges he was, in fact, one of 4 jurors who voted against DP in Jodi Arias penalty phase.

Three mitigating factors:

Age coupled with no criminal history
Dysfunctional Family
TA verbally and mentally abused Jodi

VIDEO

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=21...mod&sec=528732

More comments

What she did was horrific - is at peace with his decision - hopes this is last call to jury duty ... never wants to do it again - ever.

More to come on the SHIFTING DYNAMICS in the jury room ...

Maybe not "rehab" but she should go through a medically supervised detox which will probably take 7 to 10 days or so .... here in Canada we can get free detoxes through some of our drug and alcohol support programs. Not sure how it works here. But I do know that it is dangerous to go cold turkey off of any drug, antidepressant, alcohol etc. etc.

Hope everything works out and she can get the help she needs. So sorry to hear y'all are going through this. Withdrawals can be a biotch! I would insist that she has someone staying with her. She doesn't have to talk ... just sleep and do what she needs to get through the worst of it (if you can't get her into a detox situation) JMO. Good luck Hopeful One!! :hug: :hug:

Wow, thank you so much for that. I totally agree with everything you said, that's why I really worry about her. I don't see her just laying there suffering this out the "right" way as she is an addict and an addict's greatest goal on earth is to find the easy way out.

I was just talking to my mom and I said, "There's something going on if she's answering your calls and not mine." Because my sister and I are VERY close and I have always, always, always been able to "feel" when something isn't right with her. I don't even have to be with her or talk to her, I can just feel something is wrong. My mom on the other hand, K could be higher than Ozzy and drunker than Tara Reid right in front of her face and my mom would think she was just fine, normal as can be!!!

So, is she doing what you said and smoking weed or something??? (when she got clean, she got clean-clean: no alcohol, no weed, no drug of any kind other than this Suboxone rx when she started to have a rough time with cravings) There has to be a reason she was adamant she didn't want me stopping over there last night. I understand being depressed and not wanting to see someone but what would it have hurt for me to stop by for 30 seconds? Plus, I'm her sister! I tell her she's ugly all the time, what does it matter if I see her at her worst?

I ended up stopping by anyway (did I say that up thread? I can't remember) since her house is on my way home from work and talked to her for a couple minutes. She was laying on the couch in the living room and she seemed better than I expected, words a titch slurry but not enough that I could even say for a fact they were slurry, but I chalked it up to whatever sedative the doctor had given her. Now I'm not so sure....

My spidey senses have gone on high alert. I hope I'm just over-thinking this, normally I'm incredibly perceptive with this stuff. But for her, who calls me 10x a day (literally) to not answer ANY of my calls NOR return them, yet she answers my mom's calls.... sumpin' aint' right, folks!

Good luck to your sister...worrying about people we love can be so hard when we can't make them do anything...

I'm pulling for her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member