SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleuth5, please know that my holy vows prevent me from accepting a ride in your fancy blue Prius machine, or listening to your fancy Wilson Pickett songs via the fancy interweb.

Ahem.

Boyfriend was karaoke dj...loved his smokey voice and he did a good Sinatra too!

How did your mum do today?! :seeya:

She's still in the hospital, getting tests and flirting with male nurses.

The latest is her dr thinks she may need a pacemaker. They'll do that Monday if they decide she needs one.

They doped her up enough to get her MRI, she got an EKG, getting a stress test tomorrow

I think she'll be fine. My mom is such a hypochondriac usually (not this time) that this kind of thing doesn't scare me too much.

Thanks for asking Tenaciousdae honey!

Sleuth5, please know that my holy vows prevent me from accepting a ride in your fancy blue Prius machine, or listening to your fancy Wilson Pickett songs via the fancy interweb.

Ahem.

:floorlaugh: ;) C'mon sister. I won't tell.

No way! I read a pretty long, very good book about that case. Don't remember the title.

Serial killers are fascinating. They seem to have an addiction - to killing! I mean, I can understand being addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, drugs - but murder? :scared:

There is some connection in these people that is not there, it is broken. They, are broken. It's fascinating to study them, but they are still scary, still creepy. It all goes back to the empathy thing, or rather, the lack thereof.

One thing I remember from my college Abnormal Psych class, there is a part of the brain, the Amygdala, that plays a role in aggression. Also the Hypothalamus if IIRC. Also, these people have brains that do not respond to outside stimuli the same way as ours do, they require more. And they lack empathy, which makes it easy for them to commit the violent acts that they do. They do know the difference between right and wrong though. Thus, they're not legally insane, and are responsible for what they do.

Ijmo that CMJA is one of these people. What we don't know, is if given the opportunity / motivation, she would or would not, commit a similar act again. Given the level of violence she perpetrated against Travis, and given her disordered psychology, I personally believe she would. These type people are dangerous, she is dangerous, imo.

Oh, HO, is everything ok? :hug: I myself, seriously felt like that too, as in Eeyore, for the longest today. I feel a little better now though. Why don't you have a glass of wine with me, maybe you'll feel better too? :wave:

Hugs neesaki, I hate blue days!

I'll bake you some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Mine are the bestest...

My mom just sent me this and it goes along with my posts last night about my son growing up so fast. Of course, it made me cry again!

"You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today.
This day is a gift.
Breathe and notice.
Smell and touch them; study their faces and little feet and pay attention.
Relish the charms of the present.
Enjoy today, mama. It will be over before you know it."
- Jen Hatmaker

Oh, this is so true. I was in my yard working on a flower bed when the school bus brought the neighborhood children home on the last day of school this year. For one brief moment, I was transported back 25 years, and I was waiting for my girls to walk up my street. I had such a sense of loss that it actually hurt my heart! I called my daughters and asked them to come by after work and took them to out for dinner. I am so proud of them and so thankful for the women they have become. But, oh, how I miss my littles girls too! Life goes by much too quickly.

She's still in the hospital, getting tests and flirting with male nurses.

The latest is her dr thinks she may need a pacemaker. They'll do that Monday if they decide she needs one.

They doped her up enough to get her MRI, she got an EKG, getting a stress test tomorrow

I think she'll be fine. My mom is such a hypochondriac usually (not this time) that this kind of thing doesn't scare me too much.

Thanks for asking Tenaciousdae honey!

The male nurses will do her heart good! :blushing:

I think that knowing that those kinds of visits are allowed in very, very few places now helps for present day. I'm not even sure if or where they are allowed anymore.

DR- with marriage, it is possible but I can't of a single state that allows conjugal visits for DR. With life or other sentences it will vary from state to state.

There is some connection in these people that is not there, it is broken. They, are broken. It's fascinating to study them, but they are still scary, still creepy. It all goes back to the empathy thing, or rather, the lack thereof.

One thing I remember from my college Abnormal Psych class, there is a part of the brain, the Amygdala, that plays a role in aggression. Also the Hypothalamus if IIRC. Also, these people have brains that do not respond to outside stimuli the same way as ours do, they require more. And they lack empathy, which makes it easy for them to commit the violent acts that they do. They do know the difference between right and wrong though. Thus, they're not legally insane, and are responsible for what they do.

Ijmo that CMJA is one of these people. What we don't know, is if given the opportunity / motivation, she would or would not, commit a similar act again. Given the level of violence she perpetrated against Travis, and given her disordered psychology, I personally believe she would. These type people are dangerous, she is dangerous, imo.

I read once that if you want to know how they really feel guilt ....think about how we feel driving five miles over the speed limit...

We know it's wrong, and we slow down if we see a police car, but guilt?

That's all the " guilt" they ever feel.

http://s11.postimg.org/sayn00mb7/IMG_1707butter.jpg

IMG_1707butter.jpg

Fussy cat with butter, for downstairs.

:seeya: S, she's very pretty what are you going to call her?

I get my new baby tomorrow! He was unloaded off the truck today!! :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members