SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember this spring when the prisoner's disciplinary record was reported on t.v.? This was well before she was placed in closed custody. She and another inmate were disciplined for a fight in jail and Arias protested that she was only kicking the other to defend herself. It was not her fault, pure self defense. Why are we not surprised?

I have been relaxing, reading and enjoying all of your posts ... but I have an emergency that I need help with ...

I find myself in a position where I have to prepare a fruit salad for (in a hurry) for a family function. I have never made a fruit salad before (believe it or not). Can anybody give me a quick, easy and yummy recipe. I have googled and found a few ... but somehow I feel there is the "ultimate" one on this board ... one that has been tried and trued ...

I hate it when family functions get in the way of my WS reading. TIA :yow: (in a panic here). Getting ready to go out for groceries ... will check back after my shower. Eeeegad!!

I second the other poster who says just chop fruit into large chunks. You can use honeydew melon, cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, cherries, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, mango, blackberries whatever you like. The more variety of fruit the better.

Mix together a jar of marshmallow whip and a large cream cheese. Add a little amaretto or grand marnier if you like. Serve it as a topping people can add. Delicioso!

I say subpoena the witnesses. It's a Death Penalty case, and CMJA's "friends" don't want to save her life? Pffftttt. If my BFF was looking at the death penalty, come he!! or high water, I'd testify in their behalf! Where's MM? CMJA's ex BF who would never betray her?
Seems that CMJA's bestest buds don't feel there's anything worth saving, to say nothing of her family. Using the family as a future appeal point, and their current "abusive family" scenario certainly doesn't look good at all. If Mom and Dad Arias had any cajones, they'd say to heck with the defense attorneys, we're going to try and save our daughter's life. But maybe they don't want to save her? JMO

I don't see how you can subpoena witnesses in this penalty phase. Can't force someone to say nice things about Jodi.

Remember this spring when the prisoner's disciplinary record was reported on t.v.? This was well before she was placed in closed custody. She and another inmate were disciplined for a fight in jail and Arias protested that she was only kicking the other to defend herself. It was not her fault, pure self defense. Why are we not surprised?

I can't recall if it was Nancy G., JVM, or Dr. Drew, but one of the HLN shows said Jodi's "rap sheet" for her 5 years in Maricopa County Jail is 11 PAGES long! Eleven pages! I don't care if it's triple spaced and all caps, that is not an "exemplary inmate" as the DT tries to portray her.

She's TROUBLE with a capital "T" and that rhymes with "C" and stands for CONVICTED!:drumroll:

I don't see how you can subpoena witnesses in this penalty phase. Can't force someone to say nice things about Jodi.

It was a joke :floorlaugh: How can a jury take anything that is said about her to be relevant, when she has been locked up for 5 years? What she was is different than what she is NOW.
Patti:"Uh, she has good penmanship when she writes me and she spells real good, but I don't know what some of those words mean." JMO

Anyone who has the audacity to speak up for Jodi will be raked over the coals by JM. IMO, it would be more fair if they could have a say without being put on trial themselves.

I think the jury will be smart enough to plow through the muck.

Still say the next jury will not come to the verdict of DP. It will be up to the Judge. LWOP

What is annoying me to no end is all the TH's who sit there and say that JA is mentally ill and that is a mitigating factor so the DT using the BDP certainly should bolster their argument because even though she knew right from wrong, something is wrong with her that her decision making process is faulty.

So that means killers such as Bundy, Gacy and the like who by all accounts appear to be (or have been diagnosed) as sociopaths or psychopaths should be "excused" from their behavior because they happen to think differently?

I wish they would stop trying to equate JA to someone who is incompetent due to insanity or even a mental illness. Big difference. Psychopaths and sociopaths are dangerous people; you can't fix them, there is no medication to assist with debilitating or possibly dangerous symptoms (which, in that case, is usually a danger to themselves if anything) She is not mentally ill, she is not insane, she is just a sick, twisted person who thinks she is superior and the world must abide to her own rules.

You DON'T let someone like that walk among human beings, period.

One of my favorites, the perfect blend of hard and soft:

[video=youtube;xTQF89JiEJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTQF89JiEJc[/video]

What is annoying me to no end is all the TH's who sit there and say that JA is mentally ill and that is a mitigating factor so the DT using the BDP certainly should bolster their argument because even though she knew right from wrong, something is wrong with her that her decision making process is faulty.

So that means killers such as Bundy, Gacy and the like who by all accounts appear to be (or have been diagnosed) as sociopaths or psychopaths should be "excused" from their behavior because they happen to think differently?

I wish they would stop trying to equate JA to someone who is incompetent due to insanity or even a mental illness. Big difference. Psychopaths and sociopaths are dangerous people; you can't fix them, there is no medication to assist with debilitating or possibly dangerous symptoms (which, in that case, is usually a danger to themselves if anything) She is not mentally ill, she is not insane, she is just a sick, twisted person who thinks she is superior and the world must abide to her own rules.

You DON'T let someone like that walk among human beings, period.

There is a world of difference between excusing them for their behaviors and arguing they should not be put to death. Sometimes I think people are forgetting Jodi WAS convicted of first degree murder. She didn't win or get some kind of pass for killing Travis. She's going to die in prison, DP or not.

OK I'm so annoyed by the StateVsJA page .. they put up all sorts of petitions on their page, for any reason whatsoever, then when JA's family does they same thing, they're all over it saying that is wrong .. then when Patti W was going to take the stand they put up screen caps of arrest warrants that turned out not even to be her, then they published all her contact details to the point where some of the more idiotic followers on there probably did harass her .. then NOW they put up a paragraph with accompanying image, blaming Patti herself for all of that and (most likely) inciting more hatred towards her .. And that's nothing compared to the things they encouraged their 'followers' to do to ALV, and the Jury Foreman.

I mean REALLY???? It's ridiculous. As an Aussie I'm so embarrassed for the Admins, I know it's just some kind of weird populist mission they're on, but this whole thing is just shameful.

OK I'm so annoyed by the StateVsJA page .. they put up all sorts of petitions on their page, for any reason whatsoever, then when JA's family does they same thing, they're all over it saying that is wrong .. then when Patti W was going to take the stand they put up screen caps of arrest warrants that turned out not even to be her, then they published all her contact details to the point where some of the more idiotic followers on there probably did harass her .. then NOW they put up a paragraph with accompanying image, blaming Patti herself for all of that and (most likely) inciting more hatred towards her .. And that's nothing compared to the things they encouraged their 'followers' to do to ALV, and the Jury Foreman.

I mean REALLY???? It's ridiculous. As an Aussie I'm so embarrassed for the Admins, I know it's just some kind of weird populist mission they're on, but this whole thing is just shameful.

Jodi knows how to take care of hypocrites...

Early on when I found that page I thought it was put up by one of the Alexander's family members. Then I read that the admins live in Australia. I thought that was strange. I then found out that they also have FB pages for other people involved in a legal process. I cannot remember those names.

Until I found the State vs JA page I had no idea that complete strangers could put up a page for a person that they did not know. If I had a family member that was murdered I certainly would not want strangers starting a FB page for my family. I would ask that they take it down. Might not be possible in the age of social media.

Anyone who has the audacity to speak up for Jodi will be raked over the coals by JM. IMO, it would be more fair if they could have a say without being put on trial themselves.

I think the jury will be smart enough to plow through the muck.

Still say the next jury will not come to the verdict of DP. It will be up to the Judge. LWOP

Or they could come up with LWOP on their own. I have faith that the next jury will have the ability to come to some sort of unanimous decision

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I can't recall if it was Nancy G., JVM, or Dr. Drew, but one of the HLN shows said Jodi's "rap sheet" for her 5 years in Maricopa County Jail is 11 PAGES long! Eleven pages! I don't care if it's triple spaced and all caps, that is not an "exemplary inmate" as the DT tries to portray her.

She's TROUBLE with a capital "T" and that rhymes with "C" and stands for CONVICTED!:drumroll:

Exactly! I was wondering why JM didn't bring that up?!

Early on when I found that page I thought it was put up by one of the Alexander's family members. Then I read that the admins live in Australia. I thought that was strange. I then found out that they also have FB pages for other people involved in a legal process. I cannot remember those names.

Until I found the State vs JA page I had no idea that complete strangers could put up a page for a person that they did not know. If I had a family member that was murdered I certainly would not want strangers starting a FB page for my family. I would ask that they take it down. Might not be possible in the age of social media.

They've got a massive list of pages up at the moment, some they deny .. they have been making these pages since the CA case that I know of .. and yes, anyone can put up a page for a missing person or any case they chose on FB. I just wish they'd stay out of the witness tampering business really .. I mean how stupid is that? Can they not see that it has caused issues ..

There is a world of difference between excusing them for their behaviors and arguing they should not be put to death. Sometimes I think people are forgetting Jodi WAS convicted of first degree murder. She didn't win or get some kind of pass for killing Travis. She's going to die in prison, DP or not.

Not forgetting she got FDM; thank goodness for that. However, I do believe she deserves the DP based on the crime, the circumstances surrounding it and her behavior afterwards. IMO her actions were heinous and there is nothing to mitigate it and that is what is used in determining LWOP and the DP.

Exactly! I was wondering why JM didn't bring that up?!

You know what though, the way that is worded makes it sounds like an 11 page list of infractions, when in reality you could end up with an 11 page document in the public system for just a few things.

You know what though, the way that is worded makes it sounds like an 11 page list of infractions, when in reality you could end up with an 11 page document in the public system for just a few things.

That is my guess too. I'm sure they have a form used to report each incident, the form may involve not only describing the incident but a description of it's resolution, if any recourse was taken by the jail, blah blah. Jails are bureaucracies like any other. My guess is 11 pages over 5 years = about one incident per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local