SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you all don't mind if I jump in here to share a frightening experience I had once. I've had a few, but this one was especially freaky.

We lived in Tucson, AZ at this point in time. We actually lived for 10 years on the same street that the little girl--Isabel Celis, who went missing last year, lived on. BTW, my daughter went to the same High school as Isabel's dad back then. She and all of her HS friends say he was really an odd bird.

Anyway, back to my frightening experience. My daughter was in fourth grade back when this occurred. She would ride her bicycle to school as i jogged beside her. On this April morning, I had left the school area after seeing my daughter safely inside. I began my jog back to our home. At a certain point in time, I became aware of a car whose driver was moving slowly beside me. I was jogging on the sidewalk. Fortunately, I never jogged with headphones or anything when I was jogging out in public. At first I thought that perhaps the driver was going so slowly so they could read the street signs. But, as the car finally passed me by I made a mental note of it's color and make.

I jogged a bit farther past a small park and was coming down a hill when I saw that very car parked facing towards me--with nobody inside. I immediately realized I was in danger. I left the sidewalk and began running smack dab in the middle of the road. All the while, I was repeating the license plate number of the vehicle over and over in my head.

Well, the driver really was pissed off at me. He was waiting for me--naked, in the alley way just off the sidewalk. Had I not been aware of the car, I would have been grabbed right off the sidewalk as i was jogging. When he saw that I was running in the road he was screaming something at me--which I wasn't able to understand. I could hear the anger and rage in his voice though. I ran so fast and ran to a friends house. While there, she called 911 for me, and a police officer came to my home to meet with me. My husband had come to my neighbors house to see my safely home. I called him as soon as we knew the police were on their way.

Since I had memorized the license number the police were able to arrest the man. But, he was let go almost immediately. Since he hadn't actually hurt me, he could only be charged with indecent exposure.

I NEVER felt safe jogging again. Not out in public. I never knew his name or anything. The charge of indecent exposure back in 1982, was pretty much like getting a parking ticket.

To this day, I can recall the license plate number of that car. Whenever I see people jogging with their earbuds in their ears, I cringe! They have no idea how dangerous this is. You really do have to be aware of all that is going on around you--always!

Thanks for listening, and always be aware of your surroundings everyone!!!

Makes me so sick that they let him.off easily. The fact that he got infuriates rather than freaked out and running sounds like he had a lot more on his mind than just exposing.That is a scary.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I sure hope JSS doesn't give them any more time...they've had five years and that should be more than enough time to get their lies in order!
Threats my aunt Fanny!

I don't think it's up to JSS is it? At least they are not settling for LWOP.

Redo the PP ... take your sweet time. Maybe they are waiting until winter because it's too :hot: lol

I don't think anyone has received threats either. Notice MK is off his twitter.

MOO

Thinking back, the Sheriff was threatened via the internet about 6 months ago, they busted the guy who was in Washington or Oregon, I didn't pay much attention, not CMJA connected and Sheriff Joe gets quite a few "threats". Dr. Demarte had her home burglarized, the press was all over it, maybe CMJA connected, maybe not.
Now.........certain members of CMJA's posse and a juror are/have been getting threats and Kweefer isn't on that like flies on rice? Where is his vomitous prattle with names of LE and Detectives who are investigating or LE spokepersons giving him the 411 about the nature and the state of these so called "threats"? Really, he's got the connections to LE, probably in the basement for all we know, so where is his outrage? Where is his social commentary?
He ran with ALV's hospitalization (if I remember correctly, no hospital spokesman was ever quoted, nor the name of the hospital ever divulged) and where was the comment by LE that the "case" was being investigated?
Kweefer is totally full of innuendo, twisted dialog, and nonsensical bull chit. I read his drivel and wonder "where's the beef?" or "Put up or shut up".
If I was receiving "threats", I would go underground. I would not show my face in the media. I would "disappear" til all the hub bub was over. Other jurors have been low profile, maybe they're waiting for a legitimate format to voice their experience, maybe 48 Hours or Dateline, not some tired HLN "gossip" program or newspaper "journalist" (term used VERY loosely) with an agenda.
Some of you have probably been threatened during your lifetime and felt the need to contact LE. Whether it was "high profile" or just the "neighbor from hell", LE gives you specific "do's and don'ts". You have a choice to follow their advice. It all depends on how credible you believe those threats are.
From my own personal experiences, these "players" from the CMJA camp are full of caca. They're banking on their 15 minutes of fame.
I seriously hope that a major movie developer, with honesty and integrity, puts together a biographical feature of Travis, with major input from family, friends, LE, jurors and the like. Years in the future, something that puts back the positive image that every one connected with Travis loved and respected. His life's journey was incredible and inspiring, not the skanky biotch who took his life and those that surrounded CMJA.
Done with my rant, woke up with some of those $20 words kicking around in my head and had to get them out!:moo:

I wonder how the convicted killer "FEELS" tonight knowing the State is still seeking to put her to death!

:floorlaugh: *snickers* Oh, to be a fly on the wall! Or maybe not, I don't believe she wouldn't kill a spider, or a fly........

Wow according to twitter the DT wants to postpone the penalty trial until JAN 2014!!!!!!!!!!! Thud. That's insane. I hope the judge denies this!!

Looks like it will be LIVE!

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/MediaRelationsDepartment/HighProfileList/hplSelectItem.asp

Court date: 6/20/2013 @ 8:30 Case #: CR2008-031021
Case event: Status Conference Camera ruling: In Session -Pool Camera/Still Cam Approved
Judge: Sherry Stephens Prosecutor: Juan Martinez
Defendant: Jodi Ann Arias Defense attorney: Kirk Nurmi/Jennifer Willmott
Case notes: Jury hung on penalty phase of trial. New jury will need to be selected. Found guilty of 1st degree murder. Ex-girlfriend charged with the murder of former boyfriend Travis Alexander in Mesa.

Looks like it will be LIVE!

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/MediaRelationsDepartment/HighProfileList/hplSelectItem.asp

Court date: 6/20/2013 @ 8:30 Case #: CR2008-031021
Case event: Status Conference Camera ruling: In Session -Pool Camera/Still Cam Approved
Judge: Sherry Stephens Prosecutor: Juan Martinez
Defendant: Jodi Ann Arias Defense attorney: Kirk Nurmi/Jennifer Willmott
Case notes: Jury hung on penalty phase of trial. New jury will need to be selected. Found guilty of 1st degree murder. Ex-girlfriend charged with the murder of former boyfriend Travis Alexander in Mesa.

:facepalm: Of course it is going to be live, more reasons for mistrial.

Also, HLN needs it ratings to stay up.

Love!

"Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said Wednesday his office will to continue seek the death penalty against convicted killer Jodi Arias with a second jury, after the first could not decide her fate after she was found guilty of first-degree murder last month.

“At this point,” Montgomery said at a news conference in Arizona, “we are still preparing to move forward to retry the penalty phase.”

This is for ELMOMOM:

I don't know how to bring over a post from a closed thread, but I just had to tell you:

1. You made me cry with your story about Violet.

2. Violet is one LUCKY DOG!

3. I believe God has reserved a SPECIAL PLACE for WONDERFUL people like you!

4. I'm still crying just thinking of Violet lying on her back and whimpering.

5. :yourock:

There is no reason for her or her lawyers to.keep doing this. Being firm and saying no to them wouldn't be a bad thing.

-----------
Hi, no delay!! they have had 5 years to come up with more than 2 people. If they dont have it by now, tough darts!! :seeya:

Wow according to twitter the DT wants to postpone the penalty trial until JAN 2014!!!!!!!!!!! Thud. That's insane. I hope the judge denies this!!

WHAT???? As if it hasn't been delayed enough already??

OMG PLEASE Judge, don't put the Alexander through even more waiting! :please:

Lol, no, but she is effective. You can tell she runs a tight ship in that courtroom.

And in the Seacat case...same thing. Perhaps once JSS gets more.criminal cases under her belt she will be the same way.

Thank you Sleuth! And I love this Beatles, the song, the big funny heads, :giggle: :seeya:

Happy Birthday Neesaki!

Have a fabulous day....Doing anything fun??

:thewave: :bdsong:

:goldcrown: :toastred: :Banane08:

Thank you Marlap! And :toastred: to you too! Nothing too exciting, just going out somewhere nice to dinner later, have some good wine. But we live so far out, we don't even do that too often. So it's a special treat, and I'm looking forward to it. :seeya:

Good Morning! :up:

:bdscroll: Happy Birthday Nessaki!. :bdscroll:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft0JtGMQMac

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Thank you Tenacious! What an adorable video, wow that cake looks yummy!

Thank ya'll so much, you're great! :hug: :seeya:

They have no idea how dangerous this is. You really do have to be aware of all that is going on around you--always! [/B]

Thanks for listening, and always be aware of your surroundings everyone!!!

[/B]

I'm a runner and it bugs me something huge about people running with music. They WILL tell you that they can hear everything but see how many don't hear someone come up next to them, or a car etc.

I have two scary stories
a) When I was about 13, I was doing speed walking (wasn't allowed to run) and I overtook a man who was walking along limping. I looked back and noted he was speeding up. I started to run, and he ran too. I ended up running into the garden of a friend's house and hiding behind a bush. They weren't home. The man came by about very quickly after but didn't see me.

b) I used to walk home from the gym via some music studios which didn't have any houses nearby. A car pulled up alongside me, and there was a young guy on his own. He asked me for some directions to the local tube station. I gave him some brief instructions and continued on my way. About 10 seconds later, he did a u-turn around a corner, got out of his car and started to approach me. I bolted! Fortunately there was a path and he couldn't drive through there.

Both of those things still make me feel ill. I could have not answered that second guy but it wasn't a dangerous situation because it was still daylight and there were still a few people/cars around. And I don't believe in ignoring all strangers. Maybe the moral of the story is I shouldn't exercise

On the Zimmerman front, I've watched a few of the jurors during selections while I've been doing other things. I've lost a bit of interest in the questioning because it's just about their media knowledge. I wanted to see what kind of approach JM/the DT may take. Some jurors seem to really want to be selected IMO. There was one who said "she had lots of opinions" but then when challenged on what they were, she said they were not set.

The Prosecutor seems good(?) and DT, well they are defense but at least there's no huffing or aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. :floorlaugh: There was a WAT survey on whether Zimmerman was guilty or not. The split was close to 50/50 at the time but it's not 67/33 guilty/not. Re the judge, JSS very rarely ummed or aahed and took pauses instead from memory. This judge does um/ah a bit more Yes random point... The jury are going to be sequestered btw. Last but not least Zimmerman has put on a lot of weight. I don't think it's a good thing because he looks more powerful. Perhaps the DT are hoping the jury will think he's not fit enough to fight/run.

ETA having seen the judge speak a bit more, she's firm. Go Judge!!

If you ever watch MSNBC, they have a show called "Lock Up". They show prisons around the country. They also go international. There are some prisons in Europe where the inmates can go home for the weekend and another prison where there is a kind of a zoo/botanical garden where the prisons can wander around. It had a peacock in it.

I didn't know. Maybe the going home is good for on violent criminals. I don't think folks like VanDer Sloot, Jodi or Casey Anthony should walk our streets. Well, so much for Casey Anthony!

If you guys are bored, there is a chat room some of us WS'er are in.

Good afternoon everyone!!! I cannot believe that the Defense wants to stall until
2014. They are trying their best to delay JA's move to the Big House.
I wonder if there is a delay, will JA stay in the cell 23 hours a day until then.
I bet the next time we see JA, she will be so guant and feeble looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Private Investiga