SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GZ gives me the "creep" factor, there's just something about him that doesn't sit well with me. I don't know if it's "wannabe cop", years of 911/police calls/reports (seriously, how many times have any of us had to call 911 or the LE?), disregarding the rules of the Neighborhood Watch program, getting a gun on the premise of shooting a neighbor's dog, and his head/face wounds.
And, in general, when a person shoots and kills someone, with no prior experience, they are a basket case. I haven't heard anything yet about his demeanor initially AFTER he shot TM. Doesn't matter if he was on meds for ADHD, he would have been incredibly shook up.

Meds wouldn't have prevented him from being shaken up. His demeanor when the death pictures were shown in court though....was chilling for me. Even if you killed someone because you had to....you would still show something. Anything. Even ja faked stuff when Travis's pictures were shown.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Think GZ thread just went on lock down.
*sigh*
Popped in here to see if anyone knew what was going on.

ETA- Yep, till later today. Poor Raine was prolly losing it trying to mod!

Aaron Hernandez ordered held without bail on first degree murder charge.
He was arrested this morning and released by the New England Patriots shortly thereafter

GZ gives me the "creep" factor, there's just something about him that doesn't sit well with me. I don't know if it's "wannabe cop", years of 911/police calls/reports (seriously, how many times have any of us had to call 911 or the LE?), disregarding the rules of the Neighborhood Watch program, getting a gun on the premise of shooting a neighbor's dog, and his head/face wounds.
And, in general, when a person shoots and kills someone, with no prior experience, they are a basket case. I haven't heard anything yet about his demeanor initially AFTER he shot TM. Doesn't matter if he was on meds for ADHD, he would have been incredibly shook up.

What an "interesting" thread that one is. Now it's shut down (thread locked) right in the middle of trial because no babysitter is available. I love the mods here, but how frustrating is that?

Sorry folks just venting a little bit. I do understand the mods point of view. It's one of those emotionally charged cases that they are not comfortable leaving un-moderated.

Please try to stay on topic within this thread. I know the Zimmerman thread is locked for now but keep the discussion about this case in the correct thread. The temptation is great but I know you guys can do it.

Please try to stay on topic within this thread. I know the Zimmerman thread is locked for now but keep the discussion about this case in the correct thread. The temptation is great but I know you guys can do it.

:panic:

I PROMISE to sit on my hands!!!!!

Sorry LambChop :blushing:. I didn't intend to bring the discussion on the GZ case over here. It was a momentary lapse in my sanity. :eek:kay:

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/arias.pdf

Does this mean the DT is now trying to throw out the extreme cruelty verdict?! (I'm going to be really embarrassed if this is old news)

I hadn't seen this before. Wow, they'll do anything to keep her off of DR. If I read it right they're questioning the legality of the definition of "extremely heinous or cruel". If stabbing a person 29 times, slitting their throat and shooting them in the face isn't "extremely heinous AND cruel" I don't know what is.

Have you put this on the legal thread to see if one of the lawyers can shed any light on what it's all about?

I hadn't seen this before. Wow, they'll do anything to keep her off of DR. If I read it right they're questioning the legality of the definition of "extremely heinous or cruel". If stabbing a person 29 times, slitting their throat and shooting them in the face isn't "extremely heinous AND cruel" I don't know what is.

Have you put this on the legal thread to see if one of the lawyers can shed any light on what it's all about?

IMO KN is just practising for future cases. IMO this means zip. Nothing. The State has proven its case, the jury of her peers has convicted her of murder 1. Just because KN can bring any number of motions doesn't mean any of them have reasonable grounds.

All he's doing is (a) writing practise motions for future cases; and (b) wasting the court's time. :floorlaugh:

I don't know anything about law, so this is completely MY INTERPRETATION. This is the kind of wording that causes 'legal loop holes' that years from now gets the DP taken away, but this document is probably just a standard thing...

Basically it is saying that the word "especially" in front of cruel could mean different things to different people, and questions the ability of a jury that lacks legal knowledge to make the determination of 'especially' in their decision of what is "especially cruel, especially depraved, etc.. It gives examples of cruel cases and some were decided cruel others weren't and so it ask the question: What is "especially" cruel, depraved, etc. vs. "run-of-the mill" cruel, depraved, etc.?

Wants the courts to provide a more 'opinion proof' definition....

In cases where the judge is the ultimate person making the ruling on life or death than their legal knowledge was appropriate to determine proper reasoning of the word "especially" so that wording did not matter, but now that we let jury's determine that factor, which ultimately determines a person receiving life or death it can pose more of a problem.

It then talks of some cases where judges who had dealt with death penalty cases provided the jury with a more defined definition, and the only problem is the judge said "prolonged physical or mental anguish" and again the question is what constitutes 'mental anguish'?

Anyway, I personally agree, that if we are going to be having jurors make the determination, their should be a more clear, cut definition.

In the Arias case it would not matter how you worded it, the verdict would remain the same!

What I don't like is this is one of those 'things' that years down the road, some legal ruling will determine that jury's should have better defined parameters, or that Judges should have given them parameters, etc. and so people given the death penalty end up getting changed to life instead...so they really should get that cleared up...

I can't get into this site either http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...nclick_check=1

Could someone give me a little synopsis of what it is about. Something about more reports of animal abuse by CMJA??? Sorry can't seem to follow what's going on. :blushing:

Thanks ...... Would like to hear more about this :seeya:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-arias-sidebars-exclusive.html?nclick_check=1

Try this link...but it is pretty good, it is an uncovered side bar where JM wants to question ALV on notes she had taken where JA squeezed her cat, too, too tight... he was aiming toward the 'terrorism' on ALV chart and cruelty to pets.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2506873598001

I can't get into this site either http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...nclick_check=1

Could someone give me a little synopsis of what it is about. Something about more reports of animal abuse by CMJA??? Sorry can't seem to follow what's going on. :blushing:

Thanks ...... Would like to hear more about this :seeya:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-arias-sidebars-exclusive.html?nclick_check=1

I had same problem. Then I posted a working link I was going to bring here for you. It is now telling me same-cookies must be enabled. What worked for me was just googling azcentral. You should be able to find it. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member