DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to bed.
See you tomorrow.
Hope my computer starts in the AM- bah.
Good night all.

Sorry to bother you all. I have a dilemma and I need your help. I am beside myself and my husband is asleep. Would you all talk me through something. I just can't stop crying.

we're here for you - let it out

How do I find out how much memory I have left? I still keep on getting the message "computer is unable to start" when I try to start the computer. I've had to go back to "factory" settings already. I'm so tired of this laptop. Maybe I need a bigger one (this is the smallest) and my PC doesn't want to connect to my IP- keeps asking me it I want to "dial-up". :scared: :scared:
I really hate this :banghead:

I'm reluctant to give you instructions, as I might blow up your computer :) I know how to troubleshoot my own, but not the best at explaining it to other people especially if I'm not familiar with the system and programs they are using. Do you have any techy people that can help you? If not, you could always go see the Geek Squad over at Best Buy.

I gotta run guys, I'm so sorry to bail on you. I hope everyone has a great night! See you on here tomorrow. :seeya:

He has to go grad school. A BS in psychology won't get him a job unless he gets his masters.
Glad you picked a career that you like. It's important to like your job- life is easier that way. Smart. :seeya:

My son, Shadoe, called into his school for this semester's schedule, found out he already had his associates and was 5 courses away from his bachelors. Looks like he needs something in Urban studies and the other 4 in whatever art medium he chooses. He's continuing his classes online since he moved back here and so he can enter the Spring show (Academy of Art, San Francisco).
He started 5 years ago, no real direction, just finding his passion.
Shadoe has made some great connections in many different art fields. The heads at Comic Con caught wind of his vinyl work about a year ago, they started to show case his work and their new store in Colorado will open with some of his pieces. Shhhhh....he's one of the finalists as "Break-through-Artist" in the Designer Toy Awards....he got the call 2 days ago....shhhh!
Pretty bizarre, my kid, the "toy maker"!!!! His work has made it's way across both oceans and down to Brazil.
His real passion is bronze.........I'm thinking about getting him a mig welder, although I'd love an acetylene so I could put up some pipe fencing :rockon:
Between him and his girlfriend, their flying somewhere every 2 months for a writer's conventions (Leaky Con, Portland) and art showings (San Diego, Nov., and New York, Oct., Comic Con) and somewhere is the Designer Toys deal.
This is Shadoe...........he's the kid in the plaid with the beard......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p2j0Z55_KPM#at=32

My daughter got a T shirt out of my husbands closet where I have stored my dead brothers things. On a shelf was a Duke University T shirt that he gave me for Christmas in 1981. He was murdered in 1982. I have not worn that shirt since his death. My daughter did not know. I have fallen apart seeing it on my daughter after 31 years of cherishing it in a safe place. How do I let this go? It is haunting me and I can't stop crying. A trigger I guess. I didn't want to over react in front of her, but it has bothered me since I saw it. I want my brother back. This is so painful after all this time. I don't want my children to be affected than they are with a PTSD mother. Please tell me what to do...

My son, Shadoe, called into his school for this semester's schedule, found out he already had his associates and was 5 courses away from his bachelors. Looks like he needs something in Urban studies and the other 4 in whatever art medium he chooses. He's continuing his classes online since he moved back here and so he can enter the Spring show (Academy of Art, San Francisco).
He started 5 years ago, no real direction, just finding his passion.
Shadoe has made some great connections in many different art fields. The heads at Comic Con caught wind of his vinyl work about a year ago, they started to show case his work and their new store in Colorado will open with some of his pieces. Shhhhh....he's one of the finalists as "Break-through-Artist" in the Designer Toy Awards....he got the call 2 days ago....shhhh!
Pretty bizarre, my kid, the "toy maker"!!!! His work has made it's way across both oceans and down to Brazil.
His real passion is bronze.........I'm thinking about getting him a mig welder, although I'd love an acetylene so I could put up some pipe fencing :rockon:
Between him and his girlfriend, their flying somewhere every 2 months for a writer's conventions (Leaky Con, Portland) and art showings (San Diego, Nov., and New York, Oct., Comic Con) and somewhere is the Designer Toys deal.
This is Shadoe...........he's the kid in the plaid with the beard......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p2j0Z55_KPM#at=32

How cool is that??? You must be so thrilled! He's lucky to have such a supportive parent! He's famous already!

My daughter got a T shirt out of my husbands closet where I have stored my dead brothers things. On a shelf was a Duke University T shirt that he gave me for Christmas in 1981. He was murdered in 1982. I have not worn that shirt since his death. My daughter did not know. I have fallen apart seeing it on my daughter after 31 years of cherishing it in a safe place. How do I let this go? It is haunting me and I can't stop crying. A trigger I guess. I didn't want to over react in front of her, but it has bothered me since I saw it. I want my brother back. This is so painful after all this time. I don't want my children to be affected than they are with a PTSD mother. Please tell me what to do...

Awwww give her a huge hug, think of him while your hugging her. Explain to her how very special that shirt is to you and why.

And I'm such a darn clown when it comes to meeting them. I could talk anybody else's ear off, but then I see a celeb, I'm drooling and stuttering. So not cool :floorlaugh:

2 years ago we ran into Tom Beringer in a restaurant in Hilton Head, South Carolina where we were vacationing. He was at a table next to ours, and my then 26 y/o son recognized him first, from all those action movies I guess, lol. So my son said, "that's Tom Beringer". I looked over at him, then had to look again, and realized, omg, that is him. About that time Mr. Beringer realized we had noticed him, I think he heard my son say his name, and he just looked over at us and smiled and nodded, as if to say, yes, that's me.

He was so friendly, so down to earth, and just started carrying on a conversation with us about what were the good restaurants in the area, and recommended a couple, etc. We didnt' even talk to him about his movies or anything like that, as we were too concerned about making him feel comfortable and didn't want to "bother" him. This was a small, locals type Italian restaurant, so we just assumed he would rather not be hounded by fans. I didn't even ask him for his autograph. Now I could just kick myself, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid