SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what happens with the penalty phase of the CM's trial, I take satisfaction in the fact that she will grow old in prison. What little looks she has left will fade, and she'll just be another prison hag like Leslie Van Houten, and Diane Downs. CA might have gotten an aquittal, but she has a life sentence as a pariah. Her looks too will fade by the time she can freely move around in public without the stares and whispers that will follow her.

It is of some reassurance to me that she will never be free. While I don't necessarily want to see anyone put to death, I do want it to resonate with her that a jury has decided her crime deserves the harshest penalty possible under law. What she did to another human being, a person with whom she had an intimate relationship was savage. It is important to me that this message is delivered to her. I'd like to know that there is some crack in her veneer where she has to relive the horror of what she did to a good, decent man.

She has not shown any sign of remorse or horror for what she did in slaughtering Travis. Her courtroom demeanor was pathetic, especially when she first took the stand and admitted that she killed Travis, but had to out of self defense. She was ambiguous in her answer and her tone was somewhere between apathy and disdain, which revolted me.

Maybe once this trial is over and she no longer has it as a distraction, the reality of what she did will sink in and time alone in her prison cell will bring with it haunting memories. She deserves nothing less.

And yes, CMJA, one act can define who a person is. The murder of Travis Alexander has branded you as a vicious murderer who shows no remorse or compassion for others. In fact, you seem to revel in continuing to cause others pain, namely the family and friends of Travis. You have no redeeming qualities and nothing that I would consider as a mitigating factor when it comes to meting out your punishment.

Time for more funnies:
Dress Of Love

An old woman went to visit her daughter and she found her naked, waiting for her husband.
The mother asks the daughter: "what are you doing naked?" The daughter responds: "This is the dress of love."
When the mother returns home, She strips naked and waits for her husband.
When her husband arrives, he asks her: "what are you doing naked, woman?"
She responds: "This is the dress of love."
And he said to her: "Well, go iron it."

Grandma's Birth Control Pills

After working most of her life Grandma finally retired. At her next checkup, the new doctor told her to bring a list of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her.

As the young doctor was looking through these, his eyes grew wide as he realized she had a prescription for birth control pills. "Mrs. Smith, do you realize these are BIRTH CONTROL pills?"

Yes, they help me sleep at night. "

"Mrs. Smith, I assure you there is absolutely NOTHING in these that could possibly help you sleep!

She reached out and patted the young Doctor's knee. "Yes, dear, I know that. But every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 16 year old granddaughter drinks . . . and believe me, it helps me sleep at night. "

Parking Ticket

'Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day the wife and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, 'Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?' He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Dumb a$$. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.

So Dawn called him a sh$$head. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Just then our bus arrived.

Social Security

After retiring, a man went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security.
The woman behind the counter asked him for his driver's license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home. He told the woman that he was very sorry, but he would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, "Unbutton your shirt." So he opened his shirt revealing his curly silver hair.
She said, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me," and she processed his Social Security application.
When he got home, he excitedly told his wife about his experience at the Social Security office.
She said, "You should have dropped your pants... you might have gotten Disability."

New Hearing Aid

Seems an elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years.
He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%.
The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, "Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again."
To which the gentleman said, "Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I done changed my will three times!"

Letter To God

A little boy wanted $100.00 very badly and prayed for weeks, but nothing happened.
Then he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.00.
When the postal authorities received the letter to God , USA , they decided to send it to the President.
The president was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send the little boy a $ 5.00 bill.
The president thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy.
The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write a thank-you note to God, which read:

Dear God:
Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I noticed that for some reason you sent it through Washington D.C. and those %&#*& took $95.00 in taxes.

You always make me laugh. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

You always make me laugh. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Evening my princess :seeya:
I like The Dress Of Love :floorlaugh:

Did you happen to see the new prince today on TV? I really think he looks like Princess Di.

I'm a little late in watching JA's interrogation with Flores. I was much too annoyed to watch it during trial. All I can say is omg, OMG, Oh My GOD!

I had thought all along that Travis did not know that JA was going to visit him that fateful day. Watching these videos only makes it even more clear that he did not know. Flores asks JA so many times only to be met with long, long moments of silence. At that time before lawyers and trials and all that stuff she would have consistently said 'Yes, he knew I was coming' without any hesitation at all...had that been the truth. Her saying 'it's so hard' to talk about that topic only confirms for me that JA had a devious plan which involved surprising Travis with her visit.

Poor, poor Travis. Rest in peace sweet boy.

I totally agree with you "Rose". I have never for one nano-second believed that Travis knew she was coming to visit. I also do NOT believe they had sex once (let alone twice) that day. I don't think she arrived at 4 a.m. unless it was unknown to Travis. I don't think we will EVER know the truth of that night/day ... I don't believe there was any kind of snuggling/sex/photo shoot etc. She surprised him in the shower and was hiding in his closet taking photos until she trapped him naked and vulnerable in the shower ... she attacked him quickly and brutally. Poor, unsuspecting Travis.

There was no way he was EVER going to be with her or forgive her for "whatever" ... after that last text message to her. She deserves the death penalty ... she is pure evil and I am still struggling with this senseless, evil and brutal murder.

Geesh ... I just got all riled up again. Gotta go breathe ... phew!!!

Andrea Sneiderman stuff on HLN After dark.
Heard they wanted to drop some charges (don't remember which ones) ??? Then what's left? Anyone know? Probably will find out with Vinnie.

I totally agree with you "Rose". I have never for one nano-second believed that Travis knew she was coming to visit. I also do NOT believe they had sex once (let alone twice) that day. I don't think she arrived at 4 a.m. unless it was unknown to Travis. I don't think we will EVER know the truth of that night/day ... I don't believe there was any kind of snuggling/sex/photo shoot etc. She surprised him in the shower and was hiding in his closet taking photos until she trapped him naked and vulnerable in the shower ... she attacked him quickly and brutally. Poor, unsuspecting Travis.

There was no way he was EVER going to be with her or forgive her for "whatever" ... after that last text message to her. She deserves the death penalty ... she is pure evil and I am still struggling with this senseless, evil and brutal murder.

BBM JM has photos from the camera that shows that they did have sex that day- we didn't see them on TV, tho'. I do think that Travis didn't know she was coming.

Anyone think the only reason she took the pictures was to provoke him so she could shoot him and say it was self defense. JA did tell Det. Flores that Travis would not have liked having his picture taken in the shower (first interview). Maybe she full expected him to come flying out of the shower??? We know she planned to kill him in the bathroom as that was her plan but maybe Travis did not react the way she thought he would have. Just a thought and JMO

I agree. I do NOT think he knew she was coming that night/morning. I think it was a spur of the moment visit and he was too nice to turn her away, whenever it was she showed up. He was too caring to turn her away. And no, we'll never know what really happened that day :(

This case has affected me more than I realized. I was on a conference call at work today and one of the callers used the word "contemporaneous." I totally lost track of what we were discussing :facepalm: JA needs to just fade away. I long for the day when she is no longer a blip on the radar.

I agree. I do NOT think he knew she was coming that night/morning. I think it was a spur of the moment visit and he was too nice to turn her away, whenever it was she showed up. He was too caring to turn her away. And no, we'll never know what really happened that day :(

This case has affected me more than I realized. I was on a conference call at work today and one of the callers used the word "contemporaneous." I totally lost track of what we were discussing :facepalm: JA needs to just fade away. I long for the day when she is no longer a blip on the radar.

Nayyyyyyyyyy- we'll never know what happened that day (I thought "nay" was for horses :floorlaugh:)
I can't remember what other "unusual" words she used.
She'll fade eventually- just like that thing in Florida (unless missy keeps on tweeting. They really have to find a way to stop her :stormingmad:)

Nayyyyyyyyyy- we'll never know what happened that day (I thought "nay" was for horses :floorlaugh:)
I can't remember what other "unusual" words she used.
She'll fade eventually- just like that thing in Florida (unless missy keeps on tweeting. They really have to find a way to stop her :stormingmad:)

This made me giggle. I think we're on our own tonight, YorN! Her ignorant tweets are "fine" because it's not actually her tweeting. Blah.

Don't make me start posting country music, peeps. Cuz I'll do it!

Zuri, I love your quote from last night so much that I put it in my signature. Is that ok? Do I need to do it differently or give you credit? Not sure how that works.

I am so flattered that you appreciated what I posted. No credit needed.

Did you happen to see the new prince today on TV? I really think he looks like Princess Di.

I saw the newborn and loved the memories that it brought back for me, seeing him and the adoring faces of the new parents.

I've never been good at seeing any kind of familial resemblance in newborns. My son did look like a monkey, but he had his daddy's toes. The newborn prince is a beautiful baby.

After all the months of waiting and worrying during pregnancy, I remember the awe I felt looking at this perfectly formed life that came from his dad and me. Looking at the Duke and Duchess today, I saw those same looks on their faces and it made me happy for my own memories and for them.

I agree with most of what you posted. However, I don't agree that it was spur of the moment. I think CMJA premeditated the whole thing and surprised him.

It is of some reassurance to me that she will never be free. While I don't necessarily want to see anyone put to death, I do want it to resonate with her that a jury has decided her crime deserves the harshest penalty possible under law. What she did to another human being, a person with whom she had an intimate relationship was savage. It is important to me that this message is delivered to her. I'd like to know that there is some crack in her veneer where she has to relive the horror of what she did to a good, decent man.

She has not shown any sign of remorse or horror for what she did in slaughtering Travis. Her courtroom demeanor was pathetic, especially when she first took the stand and admitted that she killed Travis, but had to out of self defense. She was ambiguous in her answer and her tone was somewhere between apathy and disdain, which revolted me.

Maybe once this trial is over and she no longer has it as a distraction, the reality of what she did will sink in and time alone in her prison cell will bring with it haunting memories. She deserves nothing less.

And yes, CMJA, one act can define who a person is. The murder of Travis Alexander has branded you as a vicious murderer who shows no remorse or compassion for others. In fact, you seem to revel in continuing to cause others pain, namely the family and friends of Travis. You have no redeeming qualities and nothing that I would consider as a mitigating factor when it comes to meting out your punishment.

Great post ^^^^^^^^. BBM - Agree I would like her to relive the horror of what she did to Travis in her every waking and sleeping moment for the rest of her miserable existence. But like you I don't think she's capable of feeling any kind of remorse, so I doubt that will ever happen.

She'll pay a price though. I can imagine what incarceration in prison is going to do to the narcissistic psychopath. It's all about Jodi to her, so the constant assaults against her ego (when she's just another convict, and has fallen off the radar, and nobody gives a damn anymore, and she gets beat up regularly like any other convict) are going to be sweet justice for Travis.

Travis will be remembered in a positive way. She will be remembered for the rest of her days (and beyond) as a very brutal convicted killer. Despite the story her defense tried to spin. JMHO.

My favorite also. Hubby got a good laugh out of the first one too (can't remember the name). Thank you for the smiles :) :seeya:

I agree with most of what you posted. However, I don't agree that it was spur of the moment. I think CMJA premeditated the whole thing and surprised him.

Oh for sure. JA had an agenda, I think it was spur of the moment for Travis. I don't think he had a clue that she was going to show up, but when she knocked or announced her arrival he was too kind to turn her away. I should have clarified!

She planned the trip far in advance, he was clueless.

I saw the newborn and loved the memories that it brought back for me, seeing him and the adoring faces of the new parents.

I've never been good at seeing any kind of familial resemblance in newborns. My son did look like a monkey, but he had his daddy's toes. The newborn prince is a beautiful baby.

After all the months of waiting and worrying during pregnancy, I remember the awe I felt looking at this perfectly formed life that came from his dad and me. Looking at the Duke and Duchess today, I saw those same looks on their faces and it made me happy for my own memories and for them.

ITA. That was why she looked different today. I thought maybe it was because she was tired. But, no. She looked fulfilled. The look of a mom. Complete. Too funny about the monkey comparison. I thought my son looked Like my great uncle!

How about some more funnies?

What is two plus two?
An engineer, a physicist, and a lawyer were being interviewed for a position as chief executive officer of a large corporation. The engineer was interviewed first, and was asked a long list of questions, ending with "How much is two plus two?" The engineer excused himself, and made a series of measurements and calculations before returning to the board room and announcing, "Four." The physicist was next interviewed, and was asked the same questions. Again, the last question was, "How much is two plus two?" Before answering the last question, he excused himself, made for the library, and did a great deal of research. After a consultation with the United States Bureau of Standards and many calculations, he also announced, "Four." The lawyer was interviewed last, and again the final question was, "How much is two plus two?" The lawyer drew all the shades in the room, looked outside to see if anyone was there, checked the telephone for listening devices, and then whispered, "How much do you want it to be?" A variation: A university committee was selecting a new dean. They had narrowed the candidates down to a mathematician, an economist and a lawyer. Each was asked this question during their interview: "How much is two plus two? The mathematician answered immediately, "Four." The economist thought for several minutes and finally answered, "Four, plus or minus one. "Finally the lawyer stood up, peered around the room and motioned silently for the committee members to gather close to him. In a hushed, conspiratorial tone, he replied, "How much do you want it to be?"

Florida driver's license!
I've sure gotten old. I've had two By-pass surgeries. A hip replacement, new knees. Fought prostate cancer, and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia. Have poor circulation, hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends. But.....Thank God, I still have my Florida driver's license!

How you earned it
A young man asked an old rich man how he made his money. The old guy fingered his worsted wool vest and said, "Well, son, it was 1932. The depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last nickel." " I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing the apple and, at the end of the day, I sold the apple for ten cents." "The next morning, I invested those ten cents in two apples. I spent the entire day polishing them and sold them at 5:00 pm for 20 cents. I continued this system for a month, by the end of which I'd accumulated a fortune of $1.37.""Then my wife's father died and left us two million dollars."

Dogs and Light Bulbs
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?
Border Collie: Just one. Then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.
Rottweiler: Make me!
Lab: Oh, me, me! Pleeease let me change the light bulb! Can I? Huh? Huh?
Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!
Malamute: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.
Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls.
Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?
Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.
Mastiff: Screw it yourself! I'm not afraid of the dark...
Doberman: While it's out, I'll just take a nap on the couch.
Boxer: Who needs light? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.
Pointer: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there!
Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb?
Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...
Old English Sheep dog: Light bulb? That thing I just ate was a light bulb?
Basset Hound: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Westie: Dogs do not change light bulbs -- people change light bulbs. I am not one of THEM so the question is, how long before I can expect my light again?
Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.
Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned-out bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member