SIDEBAR #17- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oooo you are close to me if you are in Delaware. im right outside philly. used to have to go to dupont children's hospital when i was a teen like everymoth because i had really low blood platelet levels and the best hematologist was there. my mom is a "blue hen" haha. do you think a k-9 dog would be a good family dog? we have two small kids and will prob be having a 3rd within the next year or two

IMO, German shepherds are protective by nature. They have different drive levels all within the breed. My female is alpha, high drive. My male is much more mellow which is why they do well together. My female would rule this house if I did not have the trainers help me know what, how, etc. She knows I am the Alpha and she listens really well to me and a little less well to my husband and adult children. Consistency is key with any dog, but especially GSDs. They are very very smart.

With police K9 dogs, they are very alpha, high drive and have to have an excellent on/off switch. They require intense training and are trained to do things that mine are not trained for. Shepherds typically have a bite pressure of 700 pounds psi. Sharks have 2000 psi and are a lot bigger. That bite is what K9 cops depend on. I would be hesitant to have a police K9 dog with young children in the home if you or your husband have not had experience training a dog of that drive level. Most cop K9 dogs have been trained by that cop only and spends 24/7 with the cop. The cop is the Alpha and sets the tone.

I personally would look at the shepherds at E Z BROOK KENNELS in Nottingham, Pa. Susie Zeiner is the breeder. She can help you figure out which dog would be right for you. HTH

Hi Bernina! :seeya:

:seeya: Geesh, looks like I can't just lurk! :floorlaugh:
You kids wanna loose weight, start following a missing person's case....CMJA got me up to 114, now I'm down to 106, OMG! Been following Adrienne Salinas' case. The bottom dropped out when they id'd her remains yesterday. Very heartbreaking. Have a lot of faith in the Tempe PD, though, I think they'll have their suspect soon.
Crazy thing was, several of the local "zonies" and me (the Arizonan's, LOL!) got into a major think tank about where she was......we were 16 miles away, very spooky! But, I guess it shows that we know our own back yard.
BF has had blood drawn (yesterday) and today he saw his PTSD therapists and he's going to start paper work for Agent Orange related Alzheimer's...fun, fun, fun! Of course, it may be jumping the gun but his therapist is going forward with it. Don's says "This will be a bigger monthly survivor's benefit!" :facepalm:
"Yeah, Dude, and your survivor is....?" :floorlaugh:
Seriously, "When we get married........?"
"Oh, now you think I just put up with you for the survivor benefits!!!!!":floorlaugh:

Guess you had to be there.....he had this total look of shock.
If we can put up which other for 9 years, what the hey, but it's so comforting to know I can have the option to show him the door, IF so inclined!
So, "Hey all you crazy peeps!"
Heading back to Adrienne's thread, hope something else is in the works.

Time for more funnies :floorlaugh:

7 Reasons Not To Mess With A Child

1) A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible. The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah". The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?" The little girl replied, "Then you ask him."
2) A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."
3) A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six-year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."
4) One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother has several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?"
Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white." The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"
5) The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael; he's a doctor.' A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher; she's dead."
6) A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face." "Yes," the class said. "Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?" A little fellow shouted, "Cause your feet ain't empty."
7) The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted it on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want . . . God is watching the apples."

Kids' Advice

"Never trust a dog to watch your food." Patrick, age 10
"When your dad is mad and asks you, 'Do I look stupid?' don't answer." Hannah, 9"
Never tell your mum her diet's not working." Michael, 14
"When your mum is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair". Taylia, 10
"Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a Tic-Tac." Andrew, 9
"Never hold a vacuum and a cat at the same time." Kyoyo, 9
"You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk." Armir, 9
"Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts." Kellie, 11
"If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse." Naomi, 15
"Felt markers are not good to use as lipstick." Lauren, 9
"Don't pick on your sister when she's holding a baseball bat. Joel, 10
"When you get a bad grade in school, show it to your mum when she's on the phone." Alyesha, 13
"Never try to baptize a cat. " Eileen, 8

Kids On Relationships
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?

"Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then." Camille, age 10
"No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get married." Freddie, age 6
HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
"You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids." Derrick, age 8
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MUM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
"Both don't want any more kids." Lori, age 8
WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
"Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough." Lynnette, age 8
"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." Martin, age 10
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
"I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns." Craig, age 9
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
"When they're rich." Pam, age 7
"The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that." Curt, age 6

IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?

"I don't know which is better, but I'll tell you one thing. I'm never going to have sex with my wife. I don't want to be all grossed out." Theodore, age 8
"It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them." Anita, age 9

HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?

"Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck." Ricky, age 10

:floorlaugh:

----------
OMG Yes or No these are hysterical!!. Reminds me of the time when my two year old son after a bath, discovered he had "little balls" down there. He wanted to know why. It was so funny and I couldnt LOL..named all the men in the family to ask if they had them too.:floorlaugh:

Question: Breed of dog you would like to own that is different from the one you do own

We love mini Schnauzers. We had our first for 14+ years. He was on the small side, only 14 lbs., but a very good little dog who we loved dearly. Then when we tragically lost him, it took several months for me to research and find our new Schnauzer baby, who is now 4 years old and 22 lbs.

I'm actually not sure there would ever be another breed that would fit us as well as the Schnauzer breed does. Our boy is energetic and playful, yet is also not hyper at all, is protective but not an unnecessary barker, is affectionate, and has a sweet and loving personality. While he is our "little boy" he is also our "good dog". He is the best of both. Another plus, he doesn't shed. :)

I keep thinking we might get another dog as a companion for him, so am wondering whether to stay within the breed, or, if not, what other breed might be an option.

Btw, I love the dog talk. :)

We love mini. We had our first for 14+ years. He was on the small side, only 14 lbs., but a very good little dog who we loved dearly. Then when we tragically lost him, it took several months for me to research and find our new Schnauzer baby, who is now 4 years old and 22 lbs.

I'm actually not sure there would ever be another breed that would fit us as well as the Schnauzer breed does. Our boy is energetic and playful, yet is also not hyper at all, is protective but not an unnecessary barker, is affectionate, and has a sweet and loving personality. While he is our "little boy" he is also our "good dog". He is the best of both. Another plus, he doesn't shed. :)

I keep thinking we might get another dog as a companion for him, so am wondering whether to stay within the breed, or, if not, what other breed might be an option.

There's a Schnauzer at the dog park I go to. There's a side for big dogs and one for smalls. I adore that little dog' he has the coolest personality, he's friendly but not overly so and he firmly believes he's the boss of all the dogs... Cutest thing... He actually is. It's so cute watching him. If he approaches the water bowls, all the other dogs move out of his way. If he wants a toy, the dog whose mouth it's currently in will drop it!

We love mini Schnauzers. We had our first for 14+ years. He was on the small side, only 14 lbs., but a very good little dog who we loved dearly. Then when we tragically lost him, it took several months for me to research and find our new Schnauzer baby, who is now 4 years old and 22 lbs.

Awww we love our mini schnauzer Lily! Such a good little dog!!! We love our Lily pup! :)

I already like NYDJ, a size down sounds great. I ordered from Zappos. I will go see if they have them. I am totally disgusted right now.

i'll have to check out that brand.... right now I'm loving MissMe!

There's a Schnauzer at the dog park I go to. There's a side for big dogs and one for smalls. I adore that little dog' he has the coolest personality, he's friendly but not overly so and he firmly believes he's the boss of all the dogs... Cutest thing... He actually is. It's so cute watching him. If he approaches the water bowls, all the other dogs move out of his way. If he wants a toy, the dog whose mouth it's currently in will drop it!

King of the Dog Park... it's all in the attitude. Yep, sounds just like mine, lol.

What an adorable, sweet face with those big floppy ears versus if they were clipped. I have always been a little intimidated by Dobermans, but your son's looks so gentle.
As far as greyhounds, I've heard of quite a few being rescued from the racing industry, and that they make great family pets.

She was a terrific loving dog, lost her too soon to wobblers.

I prefer natural ears. My male had cropped ears ( he came that way) He was very scary looking to strangers.

Just dropping by to say "Hi" to those who are still following the Jodi Arias saga. I had some discount cards from Barnes & Noble and thought that I'd make use of them. I ordered a DVD and some books last week - one of which was 1,000 Places To See Before You Die. The very first entry that I read was Cancun (Mexico) :D

Just dropping by to say "Hi" to those who are still following the Jodi Arias saga. I had some discount cards from Barnes & Noble and thought that I'd make use of them. I ordered a DVD and some books last week - one of which was 1,000 Places To See Before You Die. The very first entry that I read was Cancun (Mexico) :D

I'm going in November, sending that witch post cards!

goodmorning everyone! i had an interesting day so far...went over to my parents to water their flowers and bring in the mail because they are away on vacation and i looked over and saw their neighbor doing what looked like prancerscizing in the backyard, i almost choked on my coffee! she looked like she was loving life though!

Add this insult from C.M. In her post conviction t.v. interview, she slandered Juan Martinez. She told the interviewer that she originally thought he was an able prosecutor but no longer. He had "withheld evidence" and "lied". This is a falsehood that reflects on & tends to injure him in the exercise of his profession. Of course he turned over all discovery, as the law requires but if she thinks it is HIS job to produce exculpatory evidence for her during her trial, she needs a sound talking-to from her attorneys. Furthermore, she published this slander per se by putting it abroad on national television. An actionable offense.

August 17, 12:30 pm, in Alabama and it is 67 freaking degrees. I need a sweater. Grrrrr.

Totally off topic of your conversation, but watching JVM from last night, and had to discuss this book club/Mormon fundamentalist book she's reading with someone... I absolutely think this is typical of her "everything has an ulterior motive" way of doing things... All strategy for her*upcoming*dp trial. In reference to the mormon fundamentalist book, many believe she is wanting to use the Mormon is a cuckoo religion angle, but I also think it goes a little further... In addition, I believe she is trying to manipulate jury selection, getting any Mormon jurors struck, by using his religion as part of her defense, and, therefore, hoping it will allow her success in portraying Travis, yet again, and his religion as cuckoo, and her as an unfortunate victim of TA and his "wacko cult"..In order for this defense to work, she needs Mormons off, and needs a way to do this, perhaps, by using bias???? If this is her known defense going in, and Mormons are seated, couldn't she then on appeal, if needed, say there was bias?

All jmo.

August 17, 12:30 pm, in Alabama and it is 67 freaking degrees. I need a sweater. Grrrrr.

I know what you mean. We were out in our barge last night and it got so cool I had to wrap a towel around me. The low last night was low 60's, which is almost unheard in Texas this time of year. I am not complaining, mind you, I absolutely love it!

Totally off topic of your conversation, but watching JVM from last night, and had to discuss this book club/Mormon fundamentalist book she's reading with someone... I absolutely think this is typical of her "everything has an ulterior motive" way of doing things... All strategy for her*upcoming*dp trial. In reference to the mormon fundamentalist book, many believe she is wanting to use the Mormon is a cuckoo religion angle, but I also think it goes a little further... In addition, I believe she is trying to manipulate jury selection, getting any Mormon jurors struck, by using his religion as part of her defense, and, therefore, hoping it will allow her success in portraying Travis, yet again, and his religion as cuckoo, and her as an unfortunate victim of TA and his "wacko cult"..In order for this defense to work, she needs Mormons off, and needs a way to do this, perhaps, by using bias???? If this is her known defense going in, and Mormons are seated, couldn't she then on appeal, if needed, say there was bias?

All jmo.

I don't think it would be bias. I mean if missy was Catholic or Jewish, would that mean she couldn't have any Catholics or Jewish people on the jury? There are a lot of Mormons in Utah and it is a valid religion and not "wacko", IMO. Grasping straws, IMO for missy at any rate. :jail:
I looked up her so-called "bookclub" and found the following info:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-reading-in-prison-launches-book-club-website
and her so-called "website":

http://www.jodispage.com/
I just don't understand anyone who would help her :scared:. I mean, she's a convicted murderer! What is wrong with these people!!! :stormingmad:
Thank goodness she's where she suppose to be :jail:, but I wish there was a way to shut her up!!!!-( if it is in fact her musings and not someone who wants to aggravate the case).

She was a terrific loving dog, lost her too soon to wobblers.

I prefer natural ears. My male had cropped ears ( he came that way) He was very scary looking to strangers.

Linda, what is "wobblers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member