SIDEBAR #2- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully dodged a bullet today. Orlando Sentinel had a blurb stating that jury notices had gone out in Seminole County for the Zimmerman trial with the summons date being 6/11. Went to get the mail today (seminole county) and lo and behold there is a jury summons with my name on it with a date of 6/10. I'm pretty sure that being trial aware would keep me off of a criminal jury--not so sure about a civil one.

Oh you poor thing-here have a :cupcake:, it will make you feel better.

I was called to jury duty last December. Defendant was a lawyer, who was being sued by his client (for something or other). Before they picked the jury, the lawyers asked various questions to the potential jurors. One question that was asked: Do you think lawyers are above the law or special (something like that). I told them that I like lawyers and another lady said she didn't like lawyers. Needless to say, both of us didn't get picked--:floorlaugh:

Good-luck.

Oh you poor thing-here have a :cupcake:, it will make you feel better.

I was called to jury duty last December. Defendant was a lawyer, who was being sued by his client (for something or other). Before they picked the jury, the lawyers asked various questions to the potential jurors. One question that was asked: Do you think lawyers are above the law or special (something like that). I told them that I like lawyers and another lady said she didn't like lawyers. Needless to say, both of us didn't get picked--:floorlaugh:

Good-luck.

I learned my lesson after serving 2 weeks on a civil jury in TX several years ago. Big time waste of my (and 11 others) time (case should have been settled). Speaking up is key.

I don't know why but this song makes me think of Travis, and what JA did to him psychologically.

Tilly & the Wall: Coughing Colors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0rmoXvhGHU

ynot, I never heard of this group. Are they Canadian?

What does your avatar signify, if I can be so nosy?

I was over on the Observers thread tonight and someone was talking about a song from Alabama called Angels Among Us. I posted the song there and thought everyone would like to hear it:

Angels among us by Alabama - YouTube

Finally something clicked in this case that has bothered me for a long time, and that's the sex tape. Here's my thoughts

Travis had a character he would play at the conventions, but for the life of me I can not remember the name. A while back one of his friends who helped Travis develop this charactor said they wanted the polar opposite of Travis, someone loud, boisterous, obnoxious etc, someone totally out of character for Traviso

So here's what I think may have happened. Travis and JA are on the phone talking and this charactor of Travis' came up in conversation. Ja may have said something like "I wonder what it would sound like if XX called me for phone sex" or something like that. The two probably had a laugh over it and Travis got into character and started a sexual phone fantasy with JA for laughs. JA hits the record button.....

This tape sounds like everything Travis was not, in fact, it sounds like what his role playing character would say. I am not saying JA and Travis never wrinkled the sheets together, but this obnoxious redneck character would probably say some of the things we heard on these recordings. Thoughts?

ynot, I never heard of this group. Are they Canadian?

What does your avatar signify, if I can be so nosy?

I was over on the Observers thread tonight and someone was talking about a song from Alabama called Angels Among Us. I posted the song there and thought everyone would like to hear it:

Angels among us by Alabama - YouTube

:seeya: Thank you for posting the video. Posted a thank you on the observer thread but not sure you saw it You are awesome.:seeya:

Good morning, womanfish!

As usual, a terrific set for our Daily Affirmations - I especially liked Rickie Lee Jones (haven't heard her in years, so thanks for that).

You could keep on going if we had this:

The Beatles- Eight Days a Week(Studio Recording) - YouTube

Good morning, womanfish!

As usual, a terrific set for our Daily Affirmations - I especially liked Rickie Lee Jones (haven't heard her in years, so thanks for that).

You could keep on going if we had this:

The Beatles- Eight Days a Week(Studio Recording) - YouTube

luckily, there will always be something that we need music for. Of all of my senses, I think I'd miss hearing the most.

Here's a little more for ya

Rickie Lee Jones - Flying Cowboys - YouTube

RICKIE LEE JONES Under The Boardwalk - YouTube

Rickie Lee Jones - Sympathy for the Devil (live) - YouTube

Is this song for our own, Jodie Ann :floorlaugh:

I remember this song.
Good choice. :seeya:

Good morning YES! Something bad is happening with my mouse, making it hard to do anything - that song was indeed directed toward JA.

Last night on HLN I could have sworn I heard my lawyer crush Joey Jackson say he's from the Bronx! Another reason to like him, riiight? In my fantasy, I ditch Mr. Mertz and Joey and I hook up, allowing me to say my favorite line in this song:

Janet Jackson - Nasty (Official Music Video) - YouTube

luckily, there will always be something that we need music for. Of all of my senses, I think I'd miss hearing the most.

Here's a little more for ya

Rickie Lee Jones - Flying Cowboys - YouTube

RICKIE LEE JONES Under The Boardwalk - YouTube

Rickie Lee Jones - Sympathy for the Devil (live) - YouTube

Thanks from me and Mr. Mertz - he's a fan of hers too! I totally agree with you about how important music is. Ever since we starting doing our Music Marathon, my spirits have lifted.

Here's my favorite Ricki Lee:

Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E's In Love (1979) - YouTube

Good morning, sleuthers! If it's Saturday..

It must be time for LTD!

Please enjoy responsibly.

THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cut you some slack yesterday, but I would have been LIVID if you didn't do this today.

Gerry & The Pacemakers - How Do You Do It (HQ) (Live 1963) - YouTube

(LOVE these guys and yes, I was one of the girls hanging out in front of the Warwick Hotel, just waiting, waiting... just a glimpse of them made us all MENTAL!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89