SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSM, I have reported, alerted, called about her. That poster Daisy Mae really is something else.i know exactly what you mean. Alas, I have chosen to be ultra tolerant. I know we all have.

Now, Zuri, you know I wasn't talking about our Miss Daisy. My face is scarlett :blushing: :wink:

Now, Zuri, you know I wasn't talking about our Miss Daisy. My face is scarlett :blushing: :wink:

PRINCESS!!!!! You should be blushing.

Well, I confess my initials in real life are the same as hers online, but I am not her. :floorlaugh:

WHAT??? WHAT??? What do you ever mean?

Careful with your words ... you don't really know who I am and the powers I carry! :floorlaugh:

My broomstick is more powerful than your pressure washer. So there. :smooch::oddsmiley::wave::yesss:

Hi Zuri :seeya: I hate neighbors, and I'm sorry to say that but I've had some really bad ones. The place we live in now is right on the edge of a small City, and just remote enough so that I don't have to worry about neighbors but we still get all the City amenities like water and sewer, etc. I don't miss neighbors at all.

Even though we live "almost" in the City, we have two acres of property and have wildlife in our back yard year round. So far we have had foxes, groundhogs, a wolf, a bobcat, bunnies and a gaggle of squirrels (not to mention a whole herd of deer who travel across our property on a regular basis). I could do without the skunks though :( Neighbors can suck!

--- -----
We had one like that Zuri. Problem was solved. She died, probably high blood pressure or a big nose infection. :laughcry: :seeya: Gramma

My broomstick is more powerful than your pressure washer. So there. :smooch::oddsmiley::wave::yesss:

You're on a roll tonight!! Beware, my pressure washer will make your broom all soggy wet and too heavy to take off. So take that!

--- -----
We had one like that Zuri. Problem was solved. She died, probably high blood pressure or a big nose infection. :laughcry: :seeya: Gramma

Well if you ask them, that would be me, the problem neighbor. Just them wait until they have a medical emergency and see if I help.

Well of course is would. :fence:

You're on a roll tonight!! Beware, my pressure washer will make your broom all soggy wet and too heavy to take off. So take that!

I was going to ask you what a roll tight was, but then I saw you corrected it to read tonight. My broom is so fast, it will turn that water onto you! :blowkiss::escape::bigfight::what:

I was going to ask you what a roll tight was, but then I saw you corrected it to read tonight. My broom is so fast, it will turn that water onto you! :blowkiss::escape::bigfight::what:
Hey, I'm trying to watch baseball here! :floorlaugh:

I won't melt .... but you might!

Hey, I'm trying to watch baseball here! :floorlaugh:

I won't melt .... but you might!

Very true. Sugar melts. :great::razz:
See, M has me using all these smilies.

Very true. Sugar melts. :great::razz:
See, M has me using all these smilies.

so do witches :floorlaugh:

love the smilies ... you're funny tonight. Drinking a little?

so do witches :floorlaugh:

love the smilies ... you're funny tonight. Drinking a little?

:noooo::therethere::woot::drama::butthead::poke::dracula::trout::bling::cautionDrunk:

You have to thank my posts otherwise sadly, I can't grow in numbers. I can grow fatter, just not in numbers. Thank you, thank you very much.

You have to thank my posts otherwise sadly, I can't grow in numbers. I can grow fatter, just not in numbers. Thank you, thank you very much.

what do you mean?

still watching exciting game!

it's past your bedtime!

Bad neighbors?!!! Attila the Neighbor, next-door to me, lived to make complaints. He finally moved out a few months ago. His wife's been undergoing cancer treatment for two years and he walked out on her. She moved in with her daughter and will be so much better off.

Good luck, Zuri!

Not that lucky. We have a beautiful property but a crappy house. It's over 100 years old and falling apart. I wish I could win the lottery and build a nice house on this property, because it is beautiful. I have a 30 foot oak tree in my back yard. I call him the old man.

We're on an acre, and our house is almost eighty, and I know what you mean about old houses. They may have plenty of character and charm, but they have quirks too, and there are some upsides.

It has tongue in groove boards that are nailed to two by fours. Real two by fours. Not like you buy at Home Depot that are called studs, that are less that two by four and cut for eight foot ceilings, nope our ceilings are eight feet six and a half inches, and the ceiling is tongue and groove also. You have to try to shim up and match the old studs with new ones to make things fit.

It had the most awful 1930's wallpaper. It was hanging off the boards, and you could see the cloth backing. Each room a different pattern, I didn't think wallpaper could get that ugly.

Each room is a strange,but good size. Fourteen five by fourteen seven, twelve and three quarter inches by fourteen seven. The little bath room (I think it may of been the front door and hall at some point in time) is seven feet three inches by three feet seven inches exactly.

We have twenty six old fashion double hung windows open that you can lower the top on one side of the house and raise the bottom on the ones on the opposites sides of the house, to help pull air though and it's wonderful to sleep in the fresh night air, but you can feel the cold winds blowing through in winter. I tell people we have a healthy house, not one airtight and can't breath. I can put on more clothes to keep warm, but there is only so much you can take off to get cool to be considered decent.

It has real oak hardwood floors that are showing it age under the carpets and throw rugs. We lived with that old blue ceramic tile in the big bathroom for ten years before we replaced it. My kitchen has been a work in progress for over twenty years and still not completed.

I have a large front pouch and swings. I drag my plants out each spring, and will soon be dragging them back to the breezeway that someone enclosed with windows and beautiful wood paneling that they painted an ugly tan. The garage had a loft that just was hanging there with a twelve foot fall if you stepped off.

But we have forty feet between us and our neighbors on each side. The house sits a hundred feet from the street and the backyard is two hundred feet deep; it backs up to a two acre horse pasture on one side and our other neighbor has an acre on our other side.

We have almost all of the critters you have, but bobcats haven't been seen in this town in over fifty years. We did have a kit of foxes that lived under our deck one summer, and we have more than our share of squirrels that spend large amounts of time teasing our dogs. At night I can hear the old barn owl hooting, and in the morning the doves cooing.

We have a cat lady in the neighborhood so we have coyotes that she provides fresh cats for their food. She complains (opened my door, walked in, twice, spat at me and called me a ***** (in front of my two grandkids) when I told her everything I caught, I was calling the city to come get. We have to set traps to catch ten-fifteen cats that she lets roam. She opened a cat trap that had a skunk and let it loose once.

When we moved here we were the "young couple", and just one of our "old" neighbors is still alive, and she is in her nineties and the neighborhood is changing, but not in a good way.

:floorlaugh: BBM~ Who makes laws of what and what shouldn't be on the road? Is it their road? *Feeling a little snarky*

Some people have too much time on their hands. Makes you wonder if they were hall monitors in school.

The FAL Files - Frisco, Tex HOA bans certain pickups

Left handed people write with a slant. It was mailed. The stamp has 2 pink carnations on it. Letter not signed. No return address. The note was complaining about my daughter's boyfriend's truck. It is a noisy diesel so when he leaves at 11 pm, I guess it wakes the neighbors. OMG. what will they complain about next?

For a second there, thought you might be MY neighbor!! But then you posted this:

I live on a small cul de sac street. The neighbor who wrote this lives 2 houses away. We are the end of the cul de sac. My neighbors love my husband but hate me because I haven't tolerated their bully kids. Small minds.

I don't live on a cul de sac!! But we have a truck like that on our street - in fact, he visits the people across the street... sounds like a tractor!! :scared: and also leaves about 11pm...

which one will you choose??!! :floorlaugh:

Attachments

• WitchDecision.jpg
    WitchDecision.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 7
Isn't it nice that we can feel free to express our feelings here ?

Hope you feel better today gcharlie and M.

Princess, I hate neighbors too.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Some disconnected thoughts here:

Zuri, with your less than neighborly complain, there seems to be perhaps some exaggeration on the part of the whiner. You say 11, but the whiner is complaining about much later. Diesel trucks are naturally noisier and so long as the noise level does not exceed any ordinances, SOL to the neighbor.

If it were me, I know that my sleep adjusts to certain noises. When I first moved to NYC, I would wake up to the garbage trucks in the middle of the night or sirens. Over time, they became normal noise that my brain would filter out so that my sleep was not interrupted.

As far as posting here, I only ran into one problem and that was me trying to diplomatically handle a series of posts/replies to some very wild speculation having to do with a photograph and "seeing" something that couldn't possibly be there. The OP had stated this, but as posts move along, the OP often gets lost. It was snowballing and I did not want it to take a life of its own.

I debated consulting a mod, but then came up with a way that I felt was respectful to address things, referring back to the disclaimer of the OP. The OP offered to delete posts and I said go with the consensus. A mod said she did not think it had to be deleted.

The OP is still active on WS, but has not posted in the TA thread in a while. I hope that I did not offend her and I did specifically say that I hoped no offense was taken.

As for me and moods, things have been moving this week with the mess in Mom's estate making it crystal clear that things have been horribly screwed up. Our lawyer has consulted with 5 other professionals and none of them have ever seen a mess like this before. There are no comparable cases on record...that is how messed up this is and it could take years to work through everything with the IRS. We still have steps to go before we can decide if any legal action can be taken. A lot of it will depend on whether the lawyer carries liability coverage. So we've been kicked in the gut and each of us sisters have shed tears this week. If I could have my Mom back and erase all of this BS, I would do it in a heartbeat. I was originally the executor and trustee of my mother's estate, but after my brother died, she did not want us girls to worry so she entrusted everything to a lawyer. Unfortunately, she chose the wrong lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89