SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a "lady" who walks in our neighborhood and loves to make lists of violations, indiscretions, and outright failures of her fellow neighbors.

When she moved in (new people in an very old neighborhood) a block away from us, and set about trying to change what drew her here in the first place.

She complained about the edges of gravel drive ways or roads that don't have defined borders of logs, bricks, or concrete, even thought her's doesn't. We put in a one hundred concrete driveway. She complained that it detracted from the neighborhood.

She didn't like that my husband would have the audacity to work on our cars, lawnmowers, etc; in our driveway, so he built an eight foot fence with a gate across half of the driveway. She didn't like my plants on the front pouch (it made it look to cluttered"), and on our sidewalk and down the drive way, she couldn't complain to anyone, but stopped by one afternoon to tell me she thought people might trip or fall over them...I told her they could stay the hell away and I'd be fine.

In 2007 it rained for months, almost everyday we had really bad thunderstorms, and no one could mow their lawns, but she complained that many of the lawns grass height exceed the city's requirements, even though her's wasn't getting mowed either. So, one neighbor tilled up her front yard, and planted wild flowers. Short and tall beautiful flowers. She can't say a word about them.

She plants a winter rye for a green lawn all year round and thinks we all should join her, for continuity in the neighborhood. We're choosing a new roof and have been thinking metal and how that would blow her "continuity".

She complained about one neighbor's house paint color, so he painted each side of his house a different color and when asked why don't you paint it all the same, painted it black.

I hate when things change, so we rebel in small ways. It's the small things in life that matter.

This song reminds me of my brother; he and his band were playing a club one night, and a drunk man kept coming up demanding they play some song, and he said he finally had enough, turned and told his band to crank it up and he said it just blew the guy away.

[video=youtube;ybtl9qVFAjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybtl9qVFAjc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

We have a "lady" who walks in our neighborhood and loves to make lists of violations, indiscretions, and outright failures of her fellow neighbors.

When she moved in (new people in an very old neighborhood) a block away from us, and set about trying to change what drew her here in the first place.

She complained about the edges the gravel drive ways or roads that don't have defined borders of logs, bricks, or concrete, even thought her's doesn't. We put in a one hundred concrete driveway. She complained that it detracted from the neighborhood.

She didn't like that my husband would have the audacity to work on our cars, lawnmowers, etc; in our driveway, so he built an eight foot fence with a gate across half of the driveway. She didn't like my plants on the front pouch (it made it look to cluttered"), and on our sidewalk and down the drive way, she couldn't complain to anyone, but stopped by one afternoon to tell me she thought people might trip or fall over them...I told her they could stay the hell away and I'd be fine.

In 2007 it rained for months, almost everyday we had really bad thunderstorms, and no one could mow their lawns, but she complained that many of the lawns grass height exceed the city's requirements, even though her's wasn't getting mowed either. So, one neighbor tilled up her front yard, and planted wild flowers. Short and tall beautiful flowers and grows. She can't say a word about them.

She plants a winter rye for a green lawn all year round and thinks we all should join her, for continuity in the neighborhood. We're choosing a new roof and have been thinking metal and how that would blow her "continuity".

She didn't like that my husband would have the audacity to work on our cars, lawnmowers, etc; in our driveway, so he build an eight foot tall enclosure that I call the compound. She didn't like my planters on our sidewalk and down the drive way, she couldn't complain to anyone, but stopped by one afternoon to tell me she thought people might trip or fall over them...I told her they could stay the hell away and I'd be fine.

She complained about one neighbor's house paint color, so he painted each side of his house a different color and when asked why don't you paint it all the same, painted it black.

I hate when things change, so we rebel in small ways. It's the small things in life that matter.

This song reminds me of my brother; he and his band were playing a club one night, and a drunk man kept coming up demanding they play some song, and he said he finally had enough, turned and told his band to crank it up and he said it just blew the guy away.

Bachman & Turner - Takin' Care Of Business (Live At The Roseland Ballroom NYC) - YouTube

Why is there always one old biddy in every neighborhood? I think they delight in finding fault, because they are *OH SO PERFECT*.

Why is there always one old biddy in every neighborhood? I think they delight in finding fault, because they are *OH SO PERFECT*.

Thats my neighbour to a T,sad thing is I guess she is only in her 40s.

Loves to watch my every move and take note if she thinks I have done something wrong.

Dont know why she has such a dislike for me,never spoken to her and I dont even know her name. I keep myself to myself. .it all started about 2 weeks after I moved here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Oh wow. I am so sorry about everyone's neighbors. I have no idea how to handle these types of issues, and I lack diplomacy, so I cannot help.

Guess I should be happy I rent. Dealing with slumlords, crack head neighbors, partying neighbors, rats, roaches, and you name it, at least I can move within a year and try again.

Update on the central air/furnace. Not a damn thing has been done. The thing still does not work. They told me that someone came in to dry off the moldy area!!! That does not take care of mold. They SARCASTICALLY asked me why the unit is not working. What the H?! How would I know? The man never fixed it in the first place. So, I reminded them. The leak was never fixed, I can guess that it short circuited again.

My boss is going to have to handle it now, and I may have to look into mold remediation, however, it is an apartment and I don't know if they will declare the entire building uninhabitable due to mold. It has lots. I don't want that kind of trouble, I have another year here, but I also have to remain healthy.

Zuri my face was getting better with your combo, thank you. But since I am here all day on weekends it is getting worse again. Have to wait until the 23rd for dermatologist appointment. I just hope I can make it to the ER if necessary. I am scared now!

I can't spray anything in there, as they have not said I could. I have to wait for them to do something.

Okay, maybe owning and renting have their issues. I am angry now though, b/c I am scared.

Oh wow. I am so sorry about everyone's neighbors. I have no idea how to handle these types of issues, and I lack diplomacy, so I cannot help.

Guess I should be happy I rent. Dealing with slumlords, crack head neighbors, partying neighbors, rats, roaches, and you name it, at least I can move within a year and try again.

Update on the central air/furnace. Not a damn thing has been done. The thing still does not work. They told me that someone came in to dry off the moldy area!!! That does not take care of mold. They SARCASTICALLY asked me why the unit is not working. What the H?! How would I know? The man never fixed it in the first place. So, I reminded them. The leak was never fixed, I can guess that it short circuited again.

My boss is going to have to handle it now, and I may have to look into mold remediation, however, it is an apartment and I don't know if they will declare the entire building uninhabitable due to mold. It has lots. I don't want that kind of trouble, I have another year here, but I also have to remain healthy.

Zuri my face was getting better with your combo, thank you. But since I am here all day on weekends it is getting worse again. Have to wait until the 23rd for dermatologist appointment. I just hope I can make it to the ER if necessary. I am scared now!

I can't spray anything in there, as they have not said I could. I have to wait for them to do something.

Okay, maybe owning and renting have their issues. I am angry now though, b/c I am scared.

I am so sorry you are going through this. You should be able to break your lease as you have cause. Be sure to document everything. Calls made, repairs and what was said to you. Take pics of your face and how you are trying to remedy your symptoms. If possible, see your primary care physician before the dermatologist. Perhaps he can put you on a Medrol dose pack which is prednisone in decreasing doses. If you start having symptoms where your tongue swells and/or you have difficulty breathing, get to the ER.

Can you turn on the AC and raise the temp so as to have heat? The AC filters the air and hopefully can help with diminishing the mold spores. If possible, can you write a letter to your landlord, certified, return receipt requested, outlining the issues you are having and the resulting health issues? If the landlord is not the owner, cc a copy to the owner as well. I hope you feel better soon.

I am so glad :( I am not the only one who has trouble with their neighbors. I really do try to be considerate of mine. I don't complain about them or to them as "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones". We keep the outside of our home neat and the yard is done every week. We don't park on the street out of respect for our neighbors and of course one complained that he had to turn his head to back out if one was parked out front.

Frankly, it hurts to know that these neighbors trash me to other neighbors, some of whom I really like. But such is life. I don't interact with them. I simply can't imagine having neighbors like Tuba and gcharlie. I would be on my broom 24/7/365. :)

Good morning sleuthers! It's a little early for me. :)

i have one very very strange neighbor, he lives two houses down and our direct neighbors (who are the most wonderful, caring, kind neighbors ever..they are older and are always bringing me gifts for the kids lol) have a restraining order against the guy. he is one strange bird. drives a very beat up creepy looking white pickup, is very "unkempt" and i swear i have searched the Megan's law data base for him and haven't come up with anything, hes a real creep. he has a cat that is very malnourished that he doesn't take care of. the cat is always in our back yard, i feel so bad for the cat. our one neighbor started leaving food out for it so now the cat is always around. Anyway, this guy walks very slowly up the street every morning around 7 am and stops at our side yard in front of our house and just stares into the backyard for like 2 minutes with this weird vacant scare. i have considered calling the cops before but i don't want any drama. my husband is a cop and works nights so he's always asleep when this happens. the last time i went to get him but by the time he got outside the dude was gone. this guy is a real creep. i think he has severe mental health issues, thats the only explanation i can come up with.

Good morning sleuthers! It's a little early for me. :)

i hear you on that. i'm still trying to get my 10 month old to understand that 5 am is not an acceptable time to wake me up everymorning lol. I have tried everything from making his bed time later, etc, but i guess he's just an early bird! he's a little sweetheart though so i use the time to spend one on one time w/him before my 2 year old wakes up at 7. maybe he's figured this out and that's why hes up so early

i hear you on that. i'm still trying to get my 10 month old to understand that 5 am is not an acceptable time to wake me up everymorning lol. I have tried everything from making his bed time later, etc, but i guess he's just an early bird! he's a little sweetheart though so i use the time to spend one on one time w/him before my 2 year old wakes up at 7. maybe he's figured this out and that's why hes up so early

My daughter did this and I just let her talk to herself in her crib for awhile until I was ready to haul myself out of bed. I cheated and would just bring her a bottle with some baby cereal in it and let her drink it and I went back to bed for a bit. I am NOT a morning person. My son would sleep late as a baby and I got spoiled. When my daughter came along, it was a rude awakening, literally and figuratively, to have to get up at 6 am. I was working 4-12 or 3-11 and man that was early. :seeya:

Watching "Sunday Morning" on CBS. They are featuring a German inventor who is making grips modeled after an elephants trunk that has 40,000 muscles and no bones and a fish tail. Taking ideas from nature to make things useful for humans!

Good morning everyone :) My Great Grandson is here YAY! He is so cute, tons of hair. He weighs 7lbs and is 19 inches long :) He's so tiny, but he's perfect! He came about three weeks early, both Mom and baby are doing fine. She had to have a C-section, so she's very sore, but OK. His name is Everett Michael Kekoa, Kekoa is his Hawaiian middle name, it means brave and courageous. I wish I could hold him! He's soooo cute :)

Good morning everyone :) My Great Grandson is here YAY! He is so cute, tons of hair. He weighs 19lbs and is 7inches long :) He's so tiny, but he's perfect! He came about three weeks early, both Mom and baby are doing fine. She had to have a C-section, so she's very sore, but OK. His name is Everett Michael Kekoa, Kekoa is his Hawaiian middle name, it means brave and courageous. I wish I could hold him! He's soooo cute :)

Congratulations to you and the family. Just love babies and what a nice name.
Did you mean he ways 7lbs and is 19 inches long?

I am so sorry you are going through this. You should be able to break your lease as you have cause. Be sure to document everything. Calls made, repairs and what was said to you. Take pics of your face and how you are trying to remedy your symptoms. If possible, see your primary care physician before the dermatologist. Perhaps he can put you on a Medrol dose pack which is prednisone in decreasing doses. If you start having symptoms where your tongue swells and/or you have difficulty breathing, get to the ER.

Can you turn on the AC and raise the temp so as to have heat? The AC filters the air and hopefully can help with diminishing the mold spores. If possible, can you write a letter to your landlord, certified, return receipt requested, outlining the issues you are having and the resulting health issues? If the landlord is not the owner, cc a copy to the owner as well. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the info about going to a regular doctor. I had not thought about that.

Can't turn on the a.c. as the unit is furnace and a.c. = central air and heat. So it is hot and humid up here.

Thanks for letting me know what to look for if it gets to ER issues. I hope it does not.

I am documenting everything.

I think that new tool with elephant nose muscles and fish tail sounds brilliant!

Thanks for the info about going to a regular doctor. I had not thought about that.

Can't turn on the a.c. as the unit is furnace and a.c. = central air and heat. So it is hot and humid up here.

Thanks for letting me know what to look for if it gets to ER issues. I hope it does not.

I am documenting everything.

I think that new tool with elephant nose muscles and fish tail sounds brilliant!

Another thing you can try until you see your GP (which I would try first before the dermatologist) is Benadryl and Zantac together. Zantac is a histamine H2 blocker and given in conjunction with Benadryl can alleviate rashes. In the ER, we typically give a cocktail for severe hives or inflammatory responses: Decadron, Benadryl and Zantac IV. The patients are then sent home with the oral equivalent. HTH :seeya:

Congratulations to you and the family. Just love babies and what a nice name.
Did you mean he ways 7lbs and is 19 inches long?

OMGoodness!!!! First, Thank you! Holy moly, 19lbs, ouch! no wonder she had to have a C-section LOL yes, I did mean 7lbs.

Good Day Fellow Sleuthers, I haven't posted much but have been lurking since the hung jury of the sentencing phase. Will it never end??? I wonder exactly what "she who must not be named" and CFJA think of each other?? Seems they are trying to out-do each other with their volume of court filings??
Anyway, you guys really crack me up at times, I sit here by myself and LOL at your posts and antics.
I am looking for some experience on a medical situation I am having if you all don't mind. Back in May, the 25th, while I was in Canada, my cousins dog really slammed me to the ground, right on top of a speed bump in the parking lot. I was with my elderly aunt and uncle (93 & 84). I drove them home the 550 miles a few days later. After about 2 weeks I decided to go to the ER and was told I had 2 broken ribs. About 2 months later, as the rib pain was starting to lessen I noticed my shoulder was really messed up as well. Last week I finally had a MRI on the left shoulder and new chest X-ray's done. Turns out there are 3 broken ribs, which they are now calling Healing Fractures?? They are still broke, but in alignment, and my shoulder has bursitis. I can call the office tomorrow and schedule a cortisone shot. I can't use my left arm if I move it upwards equal to my shoulder and can't maneuver any pivoting motions with the arm. Does bursitis just appear out of nowhere or can an injury cause bursitis? I have looked up WebMD and Mayo clinic. They all say ribs should heal by 2 months, I am closing in on 5 months. My son is starting to go back to work again and shortly I will have my grandsons, who are 1 and 3 years old.
Does anyone have experience with Bursitis or Rib fractures?? IIRC, Tulessa, you broke your ankle at the same period of time, are you fully healed?? I broke an ankle in H.S. and had no problem once the cast was removed. I am so afraid to get a cough or cold. Yawning, stretching or hiccuping really hurt my ribs, but normal breathing is ok. Has anyone had relief with Cortizone shots for bursitis?? Any info would be appreciated. You can PM me if you don't want to respond, or Mods, maybe this post should be in Misc, or in the Basement, but there is nothing happening on this case for a while now, so please excuse if in wrong spot.
Regards, VS

Hi VictimsSide :seeya: Gosh I hope you get straightened out soon. I had bursitis many years ago in my shoulder. I had a cortisone shot and never had a problem again. That was almost 20 years ago. It is an inflammation and I personally think it flares from wear and tear over the years. If your ribs do not improve I would ask for a scan or MRI. You should be healed by now at least pain wise. I have never cracked my ribs but know those that have. My Dad was the worst. I think he did it like 3 times???? The final time he fell out of his boat. On land :scared:

Good Day Fellow Sleuthers, I haven't posted much but have been lurking since the hung jury of the sentencing phase. Will it never end??? I wonder exactly what "she who must not be named" and CFJA think of each other?? Seems they are trying to out-do each other with their volume of court filings??
Anyway, you guys really crack me up at times, I sit here by myself and LOL at your posts and antics.
I am looking for some experience on a medical situation I am having if you all don't mind. Back in May, the 25th, while I was in Canada, my cousins dog really slammed me to the ground, right on top of a speed bump in the parking lot. I was with my elderly aunt and uncle (93 & 84). I drove them home the 550 miles a few days later. After about 2 weeks I decided to go to the ER and was told I had 2 broken ribs. About 2 months later, as the rib pain was starting to lessen I noticed my shoulder was really messed up as well. Last week I finally had a MRI on the left shoulder and new chest X-ray's done. Turns out there are 3 broken ribs, which they are now calling Healing Fractures?? They are still broke, but in alignment, and my shoulder has bursitis. I can call the office tomorrow and schedule a cortisone shot. I can't use my left arm if I move it upwards equal to my shoulder and can't maneuver any pivoting motions with the arm. Does bursitis just appear out of nowhere or can an injury cause bursitis? I have looked up WebMD and Mayo clinic. They all say ribs should heal by 2 months, I am closing in on 5 months. My son is starting to go back to work again and shortly I will have my grandsons, who are 1 and 3 years old.
Does anyone have experience with Bursitis or Rib fractures?? IIRC, Tulessa, you broke your ankle at the same period of time, are you fully healed?? I broke an ankle in H.S. and had no problem once the cast was removed. I am so afraid to get a cough or cold. Yawning, stretching or hiccuping really hurt my ribs, but normal breathing is ok. Has anyone had relief with Cortizone shots for bursitis?? Any info would be appreciated. You can PM me if you don't want to respond, or Mods, maybe this post should be in Misc, or in the Basement, but there is nothing happening on this case for a while now, so please excuse if in wrong spot.
Regards, VS

Hi VS! I am so sorry you are having this pain. This is my take on it. When you fracture ribs, the soft tissue and muscles surrounding the ribs are also injured. On other body parts, it is recommended that one rests those soft tissues and muscles, but with ribs, you can't because you have to breathe. It actually takes longer for the surrounding muscles/soft tissues to heal than it does for the rib fractures to heal. The pain you are experiencing yawning, stretching, coughing etc. is not the ribs, but the muscles giving you pain.

Bursitis is an inflammatory response from hitting your shoulder on the ground. In a fall like that, you may have injured tendons, ligaments, rotator cuff etc. resulting in bursitis. The cortisone shot will probably help a lot.

If possible, see if your physician can prescribe physical therapy for you. A good PT therapist can really help with your shoulder and rib pain. Whether you realize it or not, you are probably "splinting" or self protecting your shoulder and rib areas which also lean towards not using those areas like you once did. IMPO

HTH! :seeya: feel Better

I hate it when parents are judged, presume guilty, and sentenced before a body was found, or trial has begun. Especially when the parents have been cleared. I need to take a break. Love you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew