SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now nobody is here. Where did everybody go?

I haven't graced y'all with a post lately so here i am lol. Definitely filing for unemployment tomorrow. Iowa is a "right to work" state so they don't have to have a reason to fire someone. I can only assume that they had other reasons, as i feel i worked my butt off for these people and was a very reliable employee.

Anyway....i appreciate you guys so much. I'd start naming you individually but I'd surely leave someone out. This is a place where i come to check in with the case, but also to check on so many that i care about. I can't post a lot but i feel so connected when i read. I rely on you to be my online mamas. I truly adore each and every one of you, and thank you for allowing a complete stranger in to your life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i ran away because Josie's face scared me. I think she needs immediate medical attention. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

thought since is halloween and i LOVE the waking dead it was appropriate :floorlaugh:

best app ever i'd say :woohoo:

love me some norman reedus,im hiding behind him in a zombie apocalypse

first...

:welcome4:

:greetings: salberg!!

Unfortunately, the Federal Unemployment will be ending December, 2013!!??!! :banghead: Unless Congress does something about it - which I truly doubt!
and it looks like no one here wants to hire an "old lady" like me... :tantrum:
Sooo... the Huz and I will have to scrape together $$ for the next 3 months (Jan-March) to pay our bills and have decided to move to Northern Europe - Riga, Latvia to be exact!! My parents homeland! :loveyou: With our Social Security we will be living like Kings. As some of you know my mother died back in 2011, and there is an empty apartment - FREE RENT!! - so we decided to do this! Now, I have been researching Stuff that needs to be done to get there! I have decided to take my 2012 Fiat POP with us, as I just bought it last February - when I did have a temp job (ending April) and then coming back 3 months later - but unfortunately, they reniged on me... no job!! Anyway - we are taking our two cats and found an airline that let's you bring them in-cabin!! Don't want them traveling in the cargo hold!?!! Finding moving companies who will move us and my car! I have dual citizenship (U.S. & Latvian), so will have no problem "establishing" a residence! Woo-Hoo! Can't wait!! A new adventure coming our way!!!

I noticed on Facebook that WS was down ALL day yesterday?!! Somebody broke it!! LOL! :seeya:

hey, niner-forty niner :seeya:

Just had to look up Riga (because I'm nosey :facepalm:)
Looks like a lovely place to live and I wish you well, but they do have internet there? and you'll still be able to post on WS? :loveyou:

RIGA - LATVIA 2011 - YouTube

Welcome to Riga | Latvia - YouTube

Who broke WS??? :scared:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

thought since is halloween and i LOVE the waking dead it was appropriate :floorlaugh:

best app ever i'd say :woohoo:

love me some norman reedus,im hiding behind him in a zombie apocalypse

Where's my pussycat??? The Zombies have her. :scared:

hey, niner-forty niner :seeya:

Just had to look up Riga (because I'm nosey :facepalm:)
Looks like a lovely place to live and I wish you well, but they do have internet there? and you'll still be able to post on WS? :loveyou:

RIGA - LATVIA 2011 - YouTube

Welcome to Riga | Latvia - YouTube

Who broke WS??? :scared:

re bold - Oh Yes!! Latvia is ranked #11 in the world (U.S #33) in internet (fast) connection!! I will definitely be able to post!! I just need a "plug" converter (U.S. to Europe) electricity to plug in my laptop!! No problem!

Yes, I have visited Latvia over 5 times - twice while under Communist rule and 3 times when they became FREE!!!!

:seeya:

Hi again!
Just watched the videos you posted!

Those 4 big airplane hangars - is the market place - each hangar has specific things in it - one has only meat, one has only bakery goods, dairy products, and the other is a mix of items!

Also, when they show that river, Daugava - we will be living across that from central Riga. There is a "market place" right down the street from we will be living - 2 blocks away!!

Also, the President's Palace had a fire and don't know the extent of that - we shall see!!

Lots of little pubs and eateries around Old Town Riga also!! Great food, by the way!

Also the statue you see with the lady holding the 3 stars - that's the Freedom Statue. When it was under Communist rule there were telephone wires running along that road and cars were allowed to drive by - now it is all underground electricity and NO cars allowed around our Freedom Statue - who Latvians call Milda!

Just a little more info on the videos - also, I believe the first one is by a Swedish couple - or at least they sound Swedish!! LOL!

Again - thanks for posting those clips!

Oh, wanted to add: Latvians are flower crazy!! One the way to a cemetery there are always lots of flower booths; when meeting someone at the airport you bring flowers, going to visit someone - you need to bring flowers!! And they are cheap too!!

Hi again!
Just watched the videos you posted!

Those 4 big airplane hangars - is the market place - each hangar has specific things in it - one has only meat, one has only bakery goods, dairy products, and the other is a mix of items!

Also, when they show that river, Daugava - we will be living across that from central Riga. There is a "market place" right down the street from we will be living - 2 blocks away!!

Also, the President's Palace had a fire and don't know the extent of that - we shall see!!

Lots of little pubs and eateries around Old Town Riga also!! Great food, by the way!

Also the statue you see with the lady holding the 3 stars - that's the Freedom Statue. When it was under Communist rule there were telephone wires running along that road and cars were allowed to drive by - now it is all underground electricity and NO cars allowed around our Freedom Statue - who Latvians call Milda!

Just a little more info on the videos - also, I believe the first one is by a Swedish couple - or at least they sound Swedish!! LOL!

Again - thanks for posting those clips!

Oh, wanted to add: Latvians are flower crazy!! One the way to a cemetery there are always lots of flower booths; when meeting someone at the airport you bring flowers, going to visit someone - you need to bring flowers!! And they are cheap too!!

The beach looks so beautiful (and clean, too). How far from the beach would you be?
So many flowers! and fresh veggies! I love them. When our family would visit (we're Italian), we would bring Italian pastries. Yummy! but flowers are wonderful, too. :seeya:

Hi, Tulessa :seeya:

Have you seen this article? I thought these particular paragraphs were interesting:
------------------
From my perspective, Ms. Arias has very little to gain by accepting a life sentence without parole in exchange for removing the death penalty. Even assuming the worse case scenario, she is executed in approximately 25 years at close to age 57, her estimated life expectancy past age 60 in prison would very short anyway.

One interesting side note on this whole mess is, assuming for the sake of argument that it is constitutional for the jury that determined guilt or innocence (Jury 1) to be different from the jury that determines life or death (Jury 2), why shouldn't that be the process in every death penalty case? What I mean by that is if the same jury determines guilt and sentence, then all prospective jurors who are anti-death penalty do not participate in determining guilt or innocence.

That means all the remaining jurors are probably authoritarian, or at least pro-law enforcement, and thus potential jurors who would be somewhat sympathetic to defense are automatically off the jury. Jurors who lean pro-police or pro-defense is normal and common. It is a fair representation of our society as a whole. It is the very essence of a "jury of our peers". As such, why not instead let any qualified juror serve during the guilt phase of the trial, whether or not he believes in the death penalty, and then let a second death penalty qualified jury determine the actual sentence?....

http://www.azcriminallawsexcrimes.c.../should-jodi-arias-accept-a-life-sentence-no/
-----------------------------------------------------
I don't understand why the writer wrote that it would be better to have 2 jurys- sounds too complicated to me. "Jury of our peers" has never been "our peers", IMO. If that would be true, missy :jail: would have jurors that were in their 20's who never finished high school :facepalm:
There's a lot more on missy :jail: on the website.

The beach looks so beautiful (and clean, too). How far from the beach would you be?
So many flowers! and fresh veggies! I love them. When our family would visit (we're Italian), we would bring Italian pastries. Yummy! but flowers are wonderful, too. :seeya:

Yes, the beaches are very beautiful - and clean!! The beach is about an hour's drive, if I remember correctly! LOL! My Goddaughter lives at the beach, so will be traveling, for sure, to visit her!

One thing - I love green beans, but all they have there are yellow beans - but don't taste that bad!!

And yes, very pretty flowers!!

Yes, the beaches are very beautiful - and clean!! The beach is about an hour's drive, if I remember correctly! LOL! My Goddaughter lives at the beach, so will be traveling, for sure, to visit her!

One thing - I love green beans, but all they have there are yellow beans - but don't taste that bad!!

And yes, very pretty flowers!!

Until you leave for Riga, play with this: :loveyou:

Instant Garden
Click on the link.. You will get a separate black page.
Click your mouse anywhere (& everywhere) on the page & see what happens!
Better yet, click (hold down) & drag your mouse over the black page....
Enjoy!!

http://www.procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf

FYI for those interested....we are trying to get some WS folk to play online trivia tonight at 5pm pacific time in the WS chat.

I hear crickets on the Sidebar :sigh:

Guess I'll talk to these people :gathering:

:winkkiss:

Happiness :loveyou:

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was

allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid

from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man

had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their

involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation..

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he

would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see

outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one

hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the

activity and colour of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a

lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their

model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every colour

and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man

by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side

of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene. One

warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's

eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find

the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his

sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body

away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be

moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and

after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he

propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world

outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed. It

faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his

deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this

window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see

the wall. She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'

Editor's Note: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy,

despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness

when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you

have that money can't buy

:tyou:

YoN, thank you so much for that post.

As I read it and it was becoming more and more poignant, I prayed that it was not one of your jokes, because it was so beautiful in its development. I was getting teary knowing of the joy and hope that this one man was giving to his ill roommate. To read the end, which was not a joke, but inspiring, brought me joy.

The essence of this story is, to me, what life is all about and why humans are set apart from other species. We are here to share love, joy and compassion. This is humanity.

Pay it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member