SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, can I ask a question? Being from the UK, and therefore not too familiar with DP trials I am wondering why it's taking so long to get this sentencing phase organised? Will they bring in a new jury to decide on JA's punishment? What kind of things are considered when deciding to hand down the DP? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, it's just something I'm not used to at all.

Hey, can I ask a question? Being from the UK, and therefore not too familiar with DP trials I am wondering why it's taking so long to get this sentencing phase organised? Will they bring in a new jury to decide on JA's punishment? What kind of things are considered when deciding to hand down the DP? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, it's just something I'm not used to at all.

A new jury yes, delays because missy keeps filing new motions.

Not 100% sure what decides a DP trial or not but I assume it's the degree of the murder, or in this case slaughter of poor T

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X using Tapatalk 2

The weather has been crazy here today.
It's was raining- then the sun was out- then it's raining again and then the sun came out again :scared:
Now it's raining again and cold.

[video=youtube;9frFggnz4P0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9frFggnz4P0[/video]

This website might help you understand the DP procedures in the US:

http://deathpenaltycurriculum.org/student/c/about/stages/stages.PDF

Josie is correct about this retrial of the penalty phase taking so long- missy's :jail: motions :banghead:

Here's a Wiki of "motions" that may be brought up before a trial (besides all the ones Nurmi/Wilmott have brought up):

Motion in United States law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps (I am also at a loss when it comes to laws here :scared:).
Maybe you can post at the legal thread and they will answer any questions you have:

Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? :turkey:

I'm cooking.
I'm making a turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, brussel sprouts with bacon/garlic, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pie.
All sure to make us fat (and have plenty of left overs) :floorlaugh:

[video=youtube;UcaVOdSqhYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcaVOdSqhYk[/video]

Hi , we are going to either Harrys steak house or Longhorn. None of us care much for turkey dinner. This way each one gets what they want . My grt. grandson is a huge steak eater ( of course,what else?) so he loves going out. Besides if we stayed home I'd have to cook~ forget it gramma is tired.:floorlaugh:

I am skipping Thanksgiving this year. I don't feel up to being around people. I will enjoy my quiet time.

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? :turkey:

I'm cooking.
I'm making a turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, brussel sprouts with bacon/garlic, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pie.
All sure to make us fat (and have plenty of left overs) :floorlaugh:

Funny Thanksgiving Cooking Show Parody (Official Cooking Show Blast eCard) - YouTube

-YesorNo~
Ah what was your address again? I'll be over, no cranberries? thats ok I'll bring my own.. Luv~your grammy.:laughcry: I dont care much for turkey but Love the rest.

I am skipping Thanksgiving this year. I don't feel up to being around people. I will enjoy my quiet time.

Aww...come to Iowa and spend Thanksgiving with us! This is our big family holiday...all of my extended family gets together at my grandma's. Since all of the cousins are getting married and starting their own traditions, we usually only do this every other year. This Thanksgiving will be a big one...lots of cousins and babies. I'm a little nervous...I'm the only single cousin for the past few years and I always feel a little out of place.

My grandma is an amazing cook though, I'm really excited about the food and the wine :) And the shopping on Friday, of course.

Someone tell me what Thanksgiving actually is? Is it like a kind of mini Christmas?

its about the pilgrims coming to America? I have no clue

Aww...come to Iowa and spend Thanksgiving with us! This is our big family holiday...all of my extended family gets together at my grandma's. Since all of the cousins are getting married and starting their own traditions, we usually only do this every other year. This Thanksgiving will be a big one...lots of cousins and babies. I'm a little nervous...I'm the only single cousin for the past few years and I always feel a little out of place.

My grandma is an amazing cook though, I'm really excited about the food and the wine :) And the shopping on Friday, of course.

----------
Hi m1279, dont feel bad because your not married! There is probably one in the crowd wishing she were you! There 's only the four of us. Amy, John. Johnny, and I. We have our meal then go home and do our own thing, see when Joey became so ill most of families turned their backs on us. Afraid we might ask them to visit him or something. We made it on our own for3 1/2 years so the he!! with them now. Thanks for the vent,Luvya m1279 just hang in there girl. gramma nore. :loveyou:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUYHPPzUgfI"]Tribute to the fallen soldiers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2RwRi2TjA0"]Veterans Day 2013 - Freedom Isn't Free! - YouTube[/ame]

[video=youtube;yCSMCgqlc-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCSMCgqlc-0[/video]

:candle:

-YesorNo~
Ah what was your address again? I'll be over, no cranberries? thats ok I'll bring my own.. Luv~your grammy.:laughcry: I dont care much for turkey but Love the rest.

Morning gramma :seeya:

I always forget the cranberry sauce :floorlaugh: My son loves cranberry jelly (that comes in the can). I put it in the refrig and I invariably forget to take it out.
He has to remind me all the time :floorlaugh:
I'm so busy with all the other cooking and always forget (and I make a good gravy). :scared:
Thanksgiving is just gonna be my son and I, but I still cook (with all the fixings).
Holidays make life fun, IMO. :loveyou:

I'm totally missing the night owls tonight :(

Hi, m :seeya:

I miss all the fun we use to have, but things always change (life is change). :sigh: People find other things to do at night when the trials end or could be busy with other things. The Sidebar is whatever you/ we make it to be and if no one shows up to post, well, it's crickets in here (I mean, you can only spend so much time talking to yourself :floorlaugh:).

Someone tell me what Thanksgiving actually is? Is it like a kind of mini Christmas?

its about the pilgrims coming to America? I have no clue

Here you go, pussycat :seeya:

[video=youtube;YsdzjdT_LkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdzjdT_LkY[/video]

(mainly it's for family's to get together- and maybe drive themselves crazy- and to pig out :floorlaugh:.
Oh, and to give thanks for everything we have :blushing:)

----------
Hi m1279, dont feel bad because your not married! There is probably one in the crowd wishing she were you! There 's only the four of us. Amy, John. Johnny, and I. We have our meal then go home and do our own thing, see when Joey became so ill most of families turned their backs on us. Afraid we might ask them to visit him or something. We made it on our own for3 1/2 years so the he!! with them now. Thanks for the vent,Luvya m1279 just hang in there girl. gramma nore. :loveyou:

That's right gramma- the he// with them :yesss: :floorlaugh:

BBM Sometimes I feel that way, too. It's good to have quiet times. :seeya:

Happy Veterans Day! My husband is an Iraq vet so today is always a special day for him. He actually got injured at work and tore his ACL so he's off work until after his surgery (thank god he still gets paid) so today him and a few of the guys in his brigade are going to the local Legion. We live near a really nice park that has a Veterans Day service that's really nice so we are going to take the kids there first, then he's off for a full day of drinking with the other Vets. Normally he doesn't go to the legion, but he always goes on Veterans Day, it's kind of turned into a tradition.

my favorite song is "arlington" by trace adkins..makes me bawl my eyes out but i love it

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGzuvmut3Hs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member