SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last two, thanks for allowing me to be your DJ for the evening...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZqItCGY3Ns"]My love is alive (Gary Wright ) original version - YouTube[/ame]

[video=youtube;n-DmAh0dObI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DmAh0dObI[/video]

Weekend UFO sightings light up Texas skies, websites

Over Thanksgiving weekend, in Katy, Galveston and other sites from Port Aransas to El Paso, Texans reported seeing solid orange balls of light, according to Texas UFO Sightings.....

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...s-light-up-Texas-skies-5034945.php?cmpid=hpfc

And I missed them! They flew right over my area and I didn't see them.

The Carpenters-I Can Dream Can't I - YouTube

Have you heard of the Marfa Ghost Lights?

Chuck Mangione...Depressing, yet good...
[video=youtube;8Pl1YU1rXuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pl1YU1rXuE[/video]

Love Barry Manilow..have not heard anything from him in years..so I Googled OMG. he is 70 yrs old!!

I know, and why such an exceptionally gifted man would choose to become a brunette version of a clone of Joan Rivers is beyond me. :no:

Or her and "Holy" in the same sentence, she should be forbidden to even say that word or ever sing that song.

We have a high of 78 today, it's like springtime out there. But come Friday we're supposed to hit a low of 24, and 21 on Saturday with a possibility of snow and ice. We are in the lower end of the area where the ice storm will be sweeping all the way from North Texas up to Pennsylvania. It will be nothing here compared to states north of us. So if you're in it's path, you may want to get ready in case there are power outages.

Oh, it actually has a name, Winter Storm Cleon.

I heard one Dallas forecast say's will be like it was when the Superbowl was here.

My mother in law who was the latter stages of Alzheimer.

Now that is another story of the mystery's of life and God's incredible presence, and how some things just fall into place so perfectly.

Her name was Adilia, and being with her those months before she died was a privilege I'll never forget. She called me her "companion" as I sat with her. She whispered in my ear one night that she liked being babied. She would forget who I was, and I'd show her my wedding ring and she knew me, but would ask who I was married to. She called her son, (my husband) a very handsome man, and why didn't I flirt with him, he seemed like a nice guy and I'd tell her OK , then give him a kiss and she thought she was a good matchmaker. She also was shocked that she was a mother

She had gotten out of her house late one night and fell and thankfully went to a neighbor, and they called us and I took her to the hospital. She was very determined to go home, and asked me to write down her address so she could call for a cab to take her home. I told her no cab driver is gonna pick up an old woman in a hospital gown dragging an IV along with her. That night she put the tv remote in a sock and whacked a nurse with it, thinking they'd kick her out, so she was medically restrained, and I hated it.

They said she needed to be in a nursing home when she was released, and we went looking and found a very nice one,but it wasn't home. I'd go sit with her and get her ready for bed each night, and she'd shuffle to the door to give me a hug ,the Italian kiss on each cheek , a Buona Notte, and watch me walk to the end of the hall and she'd give me a wave before I turned the corner. They said she's sit in a chair all day waiting for me to come., and it was getting harder each time I left her behind.

She tried to escape several times, and did get out of a locked door, twice, that had an alarm, and would beg me each night to take her home, or if I could find her a room to rent with her own bathroom, and I'd walk out and cry. We'd closed up her house, and my daughter had moved back home a few months before, and we are raising our grandson and have four dogs, and her coming home with me wasn't an option.

So one Friday in September , I kept thinking of one of my sisters, and it wouldn't go away. She'd been laid off from Bank America a few years before and her money was getting low, her hospice patient had died the month before, and she had a two bedroom two bathroom townhouse with (Adilia called it the courtyard) a small side yard , so after asking if He was talking to me, I called my sister and asked if she wanted a roommate. With that one phone call things just took off, and she had a room of her own with her own bathroom and we brought her "home, and did hospice for her. I knew she was scared, but wouldn't show it, and I rode in the backseat with her, and told her everything was OK, she'd have what she asked for.
She walked into the house and we showed her around , then she laid down and went to sleep on the sofa in the living room. She slept late into the afternoon, then had dinner (she wouldn't eat at the nursing home) and we put her to bed, and she slept for thirty three hours straight. We had a baby monitor so we could hear her if she needed us, and we'd check on her and see if she'd wake up, and we'd called her doctor who said it was common for Alzheimer patients to sleep for long periods. She settled into her old routine of sleeping late , then a strong cup of coffee and a donut, and we'd watch her favorite movies. She loved James Bond with Sean Connery, and had a dark side for slasher movies (one of her favorites was Motel Hell with Rory Calhoun), and anything Steven King.

I'd do mani-pedi's and she loved when I painted my nails (I'm not a waitress red) , but hers had to be a light pinkish for older ladies she said. We gave her a pair of flannel sleep pants and she took to them like a duck to water, she thought them to be the greatest thing. She called my sister the loud cook and asked why she (my sister) had the room upstairs while hers was downstairs. My sister has cats, and had a large male orange tabby and he'd lay at her feet on the ottoman (not a footstool) and she loved it....until one evening she reached down to pet him and he scratched her and later she asked me if he was special to anyone, I told her she couldn't get rid of the cat. She'd ask if my sister would come to see her and I'd ask which one and she'd tell me " the nice one".

She told me of her life in Italy and how she came to America in 1952 when my husband was two years old. When the army was leaving Trieste they told her that her son was an American and was coming with them, and she could stay behind or come along. She came to America on an Navy ship, and was dumped more or less in New York with a plane ticket to Dallas and she rented a room with a private bath. She was an only child and her parents followed her to Texas several years later. They brought Cesira's (her mother), 1955 Fiat sedan, her father's 1953 Topolino and a new Fiat for her. She gave it to us in 1975 and we called it the "little boot".

She'd tell me of life in Italy before WWll and we'd go through her photo albums of places they'd traveled, and of family and loved ones. There were some of building that had been bombed and piles of rubble in the streets. She said the British had better bombing patterns than the Americans. Her father ran the projector in a theater in the basement of the Catholic Church, and one night a bomb hit the church and killing the Priest and her father said he had brain matter on his shoes. She said she was shamed by a Bishop when she went to the Vatican ( on her honeymoon) because she was wearing sandals and she still held a grudged. Before she could marry she had to have a letter telling of her morals and good reputation. She didn't see her wedding gown until she put it on the morning of her wedding.

Her grandmother had been a maid of Franz Joseph and her father side of the family were the shipbuilder, the Doria's. She loved the internet and that she could see Trieste, and places she'd been. Then there were days that she'd forget many things, names, places and faces. She swear there were wrinkles in her bed and sometimes we'd make the bed three times before she was satisfied. She wanted to try in the clothes in her closet once and kept putting the same thing on as I was hanging something up and I took to throwing it on the other side of the bed so she couldn't see it and want to try it on again.

We made gnocchi and her favorite sauce for the last time in late April and she took to the emergency (hospital bed) bed in her room. She said it was for me and would I ask my husband if I could stay with her some nights. Some days she only spoke Italian. She went into a coma the first of May and died May 19th. She was eighty six years old. I miss her every day.

I heard one Dallas forecast say's will be like it was when the Superbowl was here.

My mother in law who was the latter stages of Alzheimer.

Now that is another story of the mystery's of life and God's incredible presence, and how some things just fall into place so perfectly.

Her name was Adilia, and being with her those months before she died was a privilege I'll never forget. She called me her "companion" as I sat with her. She whispered in my ear one night that she liked being babied. She would forget who I was, and I'd show her my wedding ring and she knew me, but would ask who I was married to. She called her son, (my husband) a very handsome man, and why didn't I flirt with him, he seemed like a nice guy and I'd tell her OK , then give him a kiss and she thought she was a good matchmaker. She also was shocked that she was a mother

She had gotten out of her house late one night and fell and thankfully went to a neighbor, and they called us and I took her to the hospital. She was very determined to go home, and asked me to write down her address so she could call for a cab to take her home. I told her no cab driver is gonna pick up an old woman in a hospital gown dragging an IV along with her. That night she put the tv remote in a sock and whacked a nurse with it, thinking they'd kick her out, so she was medically restrained, and I hated it.

They said she needed to be in a nursing home when she was released, and we went looking and found a very nice one,but it wasn't home. I'd go sit with her and get her ready for bed each night, and she'd shuffle to the door to give me a hug ,the Italian kiss on each cheek , a Buona Notte, and watch me walk to the end of the hall and she'd give me a wave before I turned the corner. They said she's sit in a chair all day waiting for me to come., and it was getting harder each time I left her behind.

She tried to escape several times, and did get out of a locked door, twice, that had an alarm, and would beg me each night to take her home, or if I could find her a room to rent with her own bathroom, and I'd walk out and cry. We'd closed up her house, and my daughter had moved back home a few months before, and we are raising our grandson and have four dogs, and her coming home with me wasn't an option.

So one Friday in September , I kept thinking of one of my sisters, and it wouldn't go away. She'd been laid off from Bank America a few years before and her money was getting low, her hospice patient had died the month before, and she had a two bedroom two bathroom townhouse with (Adilia called it the courtyard) a small side yard , so after asking if He was talking to me, I called my sister and asked if she wanted a roommate. With that one phone call things just took off, and she had a room of her own with her own bathroom and we brought her "home, and did hospice for her. I knew she was scared, but wouldn't show it, and I rode in the backseat with her, and told her everything was OK, she'd have what she asked for.
She walked into the house and we showed her around , then she laid down and went to sleep on the sofa in the living room. She slept late into the afternoon, then had dinner (she wouldn't eat at the nursing home) and we put her to bed, and she slept for thirty three hours straight. We had a baby monitor so we could hear her if she needed us, and we'd check on her and see if she'd wake up, and we'd called her doctor who said it was common for Alzheimer patients to sleep for long periods. She settled into her old routine of sleeping late , then a strong cup of coffee and a donut, and we'd watch her favorite movies. She loved James Bond with Sean Connery, and had a dark side for slasher movies (one of her favorites was Motel Hell with Rory Calhoun), and anything Steven King.

I'd do mani-pedi's and she loved when I painted my nails (I'm not a waitress red) , but hers had to be a light pinkish for older ladies she said. We gave her a pair of flannel sleep pants and she took to them like a duck to water, she thought them to be the greatest thing. She called my sister the loud cook and asked why she (my sister) had the room upstairs while hers was downstairs. My sister has cats, and had a large male orange tabby and he'd lay at her feet on the ottoman (not a footstool) and she loved it....until one evening she reached down to pet him and he scratched her and later she asked me if he was special to anyone, I told her she couldn't get rid of the cat. She'd ask if my sister would come to see her and I'd ask which one and she'd tell me " the nice one".

She told me of her life in Italy and how she came to America in 1952 when my husband was two years old. When the army was leaving Trieste they told her that her son was an American and was coming with them, and she could stay behind or come along. She came to America on an Navy ship, and was dumped more or less in New York with a plane ticket to Dallas and she rented a room with a private bath. She was an only child and her parents followed her to Texas several years later. They brought Cesira's (her mother), 1955 Fiat sedan, her father's 1953 Topolino and a new Fiat for her. She gave it to us in 1975 and we called it the "little boot".

She'd tell me of life in Italy before WWll and we'd go through her photo albums of places they'd traveled, and of family and loved ones. There were some of building that had been bombed and piles of rubble in the streets. She said the British had better bombing patterns than the Americans. Her father ran the projector in a theater in the basement of the Catholic Church, and one night a bomb hit the church and killing the Priest and her father said he had brain matter on his shoes. She said she was shamed by a Bishop when she went to the Vatican ( on her honeymoon) because she was wearing sandals and she still held a grudged. Before she could marry she had to have a letter telling of her morals and good reputation. She didn't see her wedding gown until she put it on the morning of her wedding.

Her grandmother had been a maid of Franz Joseph and her father side of the family were the shipbuilder, the Doria's. She loved the internet and that she could see Trieste, and places she'd been. Then there were days that she'd forget many things, names, places and faces. She swear there were wrinkles in her bed and sometimes we'd make the bed three times before she was satisfied. She wanted to try in the clothes in her closet once and kept putting the same thing on as I was hanging something up and I took to throwing it on the other side of the bed so she couldn't see it and want to try it on again.

We made gnocchi and her favorite sauce for the last time in late April and she took to the emergency (hospital bed) bed in her room. She said it was for me and would I ask my husband if I could stay with her some nights. Some days she only spoke Italian. She went into a coma the first of May and died May 19th. She was eighty six years old. I miss her every day.

I should so be in bed, but my eyes are wide open. So my usual thing to do when I'm having acute insomnia, is read here. Bad thing is I have to get up early in the morning. :facepalm:

Anyway, what a beautiful story, Bendpages, how fortunate to have such a special relationship with your mother in law. It really makes me regret not having a mother in law, as she unfortunately died before I ever met my husband.

Interesting, a couple things you said that stand out to me:

That she liked the movie Motel Hell with Rory Calhoun: My husband and I, this was before we got married, back in 1980 -81, went and watched Motel Hell at an old theater in Dallas. IIRC, it was called the Casa Linda Theatre. We were a little crazy back then and were actually looking for something like that which was part of the reason we went to Dallas, lol :floorlaugh: So that your mother in law liked that movie is pretty wild. Oh, btw, we like all things Stephen King as well, hehehe. Yes, I think I would have liked your mother in law a lot.:giggle:

The other thing, that nail color you mentioned, I'm Not a Waitress red? I know it's just a small coincidence, but that's the color that I used for my pedicure about two months ago. Well, maybe it's just a popular color. Still, I found it interesting.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this part of your life, I can tell it's very dear to your heart.

BTW, maybe if we try, we can find some Christmas Spirit in spite of ourselves.
One thing I'm going to do, is go to the Catholic Mass with my son on Sunday, I've never been in a Catholic church. I was raised in a very strict Protestant household, and have never been happy with it. That, I think, is because it was such a negative and abusive experience throughout my childhood and growing up years. As a result, I've not been in a church over half a dozen times in the last 15 years or more. So I'm really looking forward to this, which I'm hoping will be a completely different type of experience.

Thanks for your post :seeya:

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

[video=youtube;9vST6hVRj2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A[/video]

How about a really fun Christmas song?

Dominick the Christmas Donkey - Lou Monte - YouTube

Or, here's the same song from the Italian perspective, this one is Great :floorlaugh:

"Dominic the Donkey" (the Italian Christmas Donkey) - YouTube

I love it. It made me miss Adila's accent.

I loved the jingle bells. We had a friend named Jingles and her married name was bell, and she'd sing I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle to our kids.

[video=youtube;l_9pVRZ0QKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_9pVRZ0QKw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Adila and I had a disagreement over giving my daughter a drink of beer when she was eight months old and she didn't speak to me for five years, and she lived across the street from us. My husband would take the kids to see her and her mother, and we'd play in the front yard so they could see the kids playing and growing up. When her mother died she forgave me lol.

I was raised southern baptist, and started searching for something more than rules and finally realized I was a christian and did as the Bible said; to be a good Samaritan and follow Jesus, and not the rules and orders from man and mainstream religion, and it's what fulfills me.

Ahh the old Casa Linda, the Inwood, and the Granada where we watched The Exorcist with busloads of Baptist protesting across the street. There was the old Festival on Maple where they had midnight movies on Saturday nights, that was a Hispanic family theater during the day and when they'd leave they'd keep their kids close and away from the hippies. We saw Young Frankenstein in 1974 and Greater Tuna in 1997 downtown at the Majestic. Wow what a blast from the past.

I love it. It made me miss Adila's accent.

I loved the jingle bells. We had a friend named Jingles and her married name was bell, and she'd sing I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle to our kids.

Tex Ritter - Jingle Jangle Jingle - YouTube

Adila and I had a disagreement over giving my daughter a drink of beer when she was eight months old and she didn't speak to me for five years, and she lived across the street from us. My husband would take the kids to see her and her mother, and we'd play in the front yard so they could see the kids playing and growing up. When her mother died she forgave me lol.

I was raised southern baptist, and started searching for something more than rules and finally realized I was a christian and did as the Bible said; to be a good Samaritan and follow Jesus, and not the rules and orders from man and mainstream religion, and it's what fulfills me.

Ahh the old Casa Linda, the Inwood, and the Granada where we watched The Exorcist with busloads of Baptist protesting across the street. There was the old Festival on Maple where they had midnight movies on Saturday nights, that was a Hispanic family theater during the day and when they'd leave they'd keep their kids close and away from the hippies. We saw Young Frankenstein in 1974 and Greater Tuna in 1997 downtown at the Majestic. Wow what a blast from the past.

Jingle Jangle Jingle, I haven't heard that in a while. ;)

Five years, wow, Adila was one tough, but very stubborn cookie, lol.

Seriously, the Baptists actually protested the Exorcist ? Oh brother.... :facepalm:

:loveyou: Dean Martin :loveyou:

[video=youtube;mN7LW0Y00kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7LW0Y00kE[/video]

OMG!! Would love to see him in Vegas but not likely I'll ever get there.

I used to like Barry Manilow and saw him in concert many many moons ago.
He was so rude at the concert and I cannot stand him anymore. Sorry to be such a downer on him. He was also extremely fugly.

He was so rude at the concert and I cannot stand him anymore. Sorry to be such a downer on him. He was also extremely fugly.

I was never a fan.

We used to call him Barry Man-u-blow.

Well, I always loved his music, he's such a gifted musician. But I do have to say how disappointed I am that he now has himself looking like a female Joan Rivers, aka, Rubber Face. I just find it rather troubling and sad what these people do to themselves. They don't look better, or even younger, they just look strange and bizarre. :scared: Which brings to mind JVM, she's on that road too, :( .

Hey! You forgot California!! :angel:

December weather here... quite unusual - we had 29 degrees last night and a high of low 40s thru the weekend! PLUS low snow on Friday!! I know I shouldn't be happy we will have snow, but we rarely get it here, so it's nice to see once in a while! :loveyou:

Okay - what is a wooly worm?? I don't think we have those in California?? :blushing:

Oh - edited to add: I always say "Merry Christmas"!! :)

:wave:

I think they're like Daisey May Moses's weather beetle Cecil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YGQ5cSuWI8A

I put my tree up today for the first time since my sister killed herself in 07' No lights or ornaments yet and looking at it is making me cry but it's too late to phone my friends. I put it up only because my 3 year old grandson has never seen a tree inside a home because his useless mother is too lazy to do it and he is coming to spend the night with me later this week. Oh an it was stored so long a Hugh black spider came out of the box that I had to kill and vacuum up. Maybe tomorrow looking at it won't make me sad, I have to think of my grandsons face and ignore the rest. Thanks for being my virtual friends and listening partners.

Oh hugs. I think you are doing the right thing. It will help you, I know I don't know you and I don't know about your situation, but I believe it will help you. And seeing your grandson's eyes light up and look at it and touch it and his excitement....it will make you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89