Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/wildabouttrial

Jodi Arias fades from view as case veiled in secrecy

PHOENIX — For months, Jodi Arias was a television staple, every minute of her murder trial broadcast live while cable network commentators railed nightly about the case. The now-convicted murderer took to the spotlight in celebrity style and embraced the attention at every turn as she spent weeks on the witness stand and did a series of media interviews.

But Arias has vanished from view since her trial ended in May, and the judge has done a complete about-face. She has shut the media and public out of nearly every hearing in the case and drawn complaints from First Amendment lawyers that she has gone too far.

“The trial court has gone from transparency to blackout and bewilderment,” said attorney David Bodney, who represents several media outlet, including the Arizona Republic, fighting for transparency. “There have been repeated flagrant violations of the public’s constitutional right to attend proceedings.”

full article at link ............ http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ades-from-view-as-case-veiled-in-secrecy.html

https://twitter.com/wildabouttrial

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 33m
We just walked in and were told to leave. Hearing was pushed off until a date in the future. Fml

At the courthouse. Nurmi just arrived and went to the bathroom. Light gray suit.. black tie. He has lost alot of weight. #jodiarias
...until today. HLN running with the inmate's ex-roomie's story. lol

is that in relation to the song The Farmer and the Dell? What is a dell?
So many things I never learned!
Dell = meadow , valley here. It might mean different things in other areas.

Actually I was thinking "hill and dale", dell..
up hill and down dale (literary)
if you travel up hill and down dale, you travel all over an area The man carried his basket of goods up hill and down dale.

And I like the word "hollow" better! Yea, that's where I live in a hollow! :loveyou:

So, is anyone having a hard time getting in the Christmas Spirit? I am trying :) :christmastree: :sleigh: :snowman: :santahat: and to help me out a little, I have the cable channel on Christmas Carols most of the day while I'm working around the house. Yes, that's right
So, the song they just played is from "Sing Along With Mitch", and when I saw that I'm like, OMG, I'd forgotten it, and then I'm thinking, am I the only one that remembers it ?

I. Am. Dated.
Mitch Miller "Must Be Santa" Mitch Miller "Must Be Santa" - YouTube

Then I just had to check for more, and there's this. Good Lord, what year is it? seriously used to watch this on TV with my mother, LOL.
"Five Foot Two"
Sing Along With Mitch (1 of 4) - YouTube

Oh neesaki you are NOT that old - I remember "Sing Along with Mitch!" Thanks for the links!!

Oh, and I have gotten into the Spirit of Christmas too!!
:christmastree: :santahat: :ornament: :Banane49: :snowman: :sleigh:

snipped for space...
I do kind of feel cheated though, I've waited 7 months to see the retrial, and likely will have to rely on tweets and reports. I want to watch it live and see Juan get back to work on her. That is WHEN it finally gets to court

Nymeria, me too! re bold - that would be GREAT if you could post those here, if we don't get to see the actual penalty phase!! :thumb:

Well there goes my spirit! As most of you know, I am looking @ 2 knee replacements. My right knee just gave out, and I took a tumble, landing on it. If I'm off line, please don't worry. I'm in the bed. Need prayers!

Oh No! Tulessa!! :yow: I slipped about a month ago and twisted my knee... OUCH!! I put an ace bandage on it for a few days and hobbled around on one crutch! :floorlaugh:
If you're going to be in bed, you should have your husband set up your computer so you can still visit with us!! :pcguru:

Oh dear. I am so dumb. Lol. I know very little about social media.
Thanks everyone.

Oh me too Curious in Indiana! :scared: I know NOTHING about social media lingo! LOL!

Oh - I bought my Christmas tree today! :christmastree: The Huz is putting up the porch lights as I type! And will get to decorate my tree tonight or tomorrow; probably tomorrow, as the Huz has to bring up the decorations from the garage - WAY too high for me to get!

Hope everyone is okay! Nothing yet from Princess, unfortunately... hoping she is doing okay! :please:

See you all later! :wave:

Oh, have few things to post on "old age"! LOL!

:HHJP:

You're getting old when you don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

Statistics show that at the age of seventy, there are five women to every man. Isn't that an ironic time for a guy to get those odds?

Old age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Old age is when you have stopped growing at both ends, and have begun to grow in the middle.

Old age is having a choice of two temptations and choosing the one that will get you home earlier.

A man has reached old age when he is cautioned to slow down by his Doctor instead of by the police.

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.

You're getting old when "getting lucky" means you find your car in the parking lot.

Here's some good ones!

Attachments

• Prescriptions.jpg
    Prescriptions.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
  • BeautyTreatment.jpg
    BeautyTreatment.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 20
  • CrispyCat.jpg
    CrispyCat.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 20
and a couple more!

Attachments

• HammerHead.jpg
    HammerHead.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ToiletPaper.jpg
    ToiletPaper.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 15
  • BubbleWrap.jpg
    BubbleWrap.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 14
Nope, nope ... a dell does not equal a dale. :floorlaugh: Or does it?

The farmer in the dell
The farmer in the dell
Heigh-ho,[2] the derry-o
The farmer in the dell

The farmer takes a wife (2x)
Heigh-ho, the derry-o . . .

The wife takes the child (2x)

The child takes the nurse (2x)

So what is a dell? AND what is a derry-o?

:giggle:

:lol:

All I know is that a derry-o should not be confused with a derry-r (!) :floorlaugh:

Gcharlie,
I like your post. I don't see CMJA as a defendant of anything any longer. She has been convicted. The only thing left to decide is how long she spends in prison. Under our Constitution, and I believe in it one hundred percent, she shouldn't be able to hold off the penalty phase any longer. I disagree with JSS on so many things. Let's see, she murdered him in 2008, right? So the State of Arizona, or taxpayers, have dealt with this for five years. The judge needs to get on with this. All these hearings with nothing being accomplished is bull.

-----------
Yes Curious she is now a convicted murder, Felon, criminal, and inmate at a jail. She should not be able to hold up this trial. I wish her attorneys could just say enough is enough! By Law the Alexanders have no say in what the penalty should be. This was stated way earlier I believe by one of the attorneys~so why is JA.'s word like that of God? Let her file for appeal she will either way this goes , she wont accept any sentence.She is NOT the head attorney so should not be leading this case, like it or not.
Time to lower the BOOM. If in AZ. I would be complaining to my Senator.:banghead:

:HHJP:

You're getting old when you don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

Statistics show that at the age of seventy, there are five women to every man. Isn't that an ironic time for a guy to get those odds?

Old age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Old age is when you have stopped growing at both ends, and have begun to grow in the middle.

Old age is having a choice of two temptations and choosing the one that will get you home earlier.

A man has reached old age when he is cautioned to slow down by his Doctor instead of by the police.

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.

You're getting old when "getting lucky" means you find your car in the parking lot.
-----------

Ah Ha! I have arrived!! :HHJP::cupcake: ~~~But But they all look like old men!! They drive like old farts! walk like Tim (old man ) Conway!! :floorlaugh:

----------
Did you know
you cannot get cough Medicine on Medicare, pay it all yourself.
BUT: you can get Viagara!! now where does that leave me, I have a cough but my husband is in Heaven.

So, is anyone having a hard time getting in the Christmas Spirit? I am trying :) :christmastree: :sleigh: :snowman: :santahat: and to help me out a little, I have the cable channel on Christmas Carols most of the day while I'm working around the house. Yes, that's right :christmastree: :sleigh: :snowman: :santahat:

So, the song they just played is from "Sing Along With Mitch", and when I saw that I'm like, OMG, I'd forgotten it, and then I'm thinking, am I the only one that remembers it ?

I. Am. Dated. :floorlaugh:

Mitch Miller "Must Be Santa" Mitch Miller "Must Be Santa" - YouTube

Then I just had to check for more, and there's this. Good Lord, what year is it? :floorlaugh: I seriously used to watch this on TV with my mother, LOL. :floorlaugh:
"Five Foot Two"
Sing Along With Mitch (1 of 4) - YouTube

Neesaki, I really not looking forward to Christmas, at least not what it has become. Grown people fighting over things that don't really matter. Total rebellion and greed over things that will never fill the void in their lives. Many times I think America is the harlot, the Mystery Babylon spoken of.

I really needed that. Again life was so different back then.

[video=youtube;UX_gltKb3xI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UX_gltKb3xI[/video]

And this always make me smile.

Young Frankenstein Movie Trailer - YouTube

Troy has a page (can't tell if it's all of it) of the motion to reconsider moving the trial posted on his twitter:

https://twitter.com/troyhaydenfox10

He has another tweet about a story on Arias last night, anyone see that?

I put my tree up today for the first time since my sister killed herself in 07' No lights or ornaments yet and looking at it is making me cry but it's too late to phone my friends. I put it up only because my 3 year old grandson has never seen a tree inside a home because his useless mother is too lazy to do it and he is coming to spend the night with me later this week. Oh an it was stored so long a Hugh black spider came out of the box that I had to kill and vacuum up. Maybe tomorrow looking at it won't make me sad, I have to think of my grandsons face and ignore the rest. Thanks for being my virtual friends and listening partners.

I put my tree up today for the first time since my sister killed herself in 07' No lights or ornaments yet and looking at it is making me cry but it's too late to phone my friends. I put it up only because my 3 year old grandson has never seen a tree inside a home because his useless mother is too lazy to do it and he is coming to spend the night with me later this week. Oh an it was stored so long a Hugh black spider came out of the box that I had to kill and vacuum up. Maybe tomorrow looking at it won't make me sad, I have to think of my grandsons face and ignore the rest. Thanks for being my virtual friends and listening partners.

What a wonderful person you are. Really selfless. That is the part of giving at Christmas that has been almost forgotten. Thank you for sharing.
Put the ornaments on. It will do all of you some good.

They were singing o Holy Night on The Voice tonight. I had to change the channel till it was over. The image of CMJA singing it was all I could hear. Don't want her and Christmas in the same sentence.

I come to the Sidebar to connect with my virtual friends. I don't want to talk about her as she does not deserve one second of one thought. I will keep skimming over her subject posts and hope to read about you all. That I really really enjoy. Xoxo to all of you.

Are any of you having unusual weather for Dec.? It's going to be 76 here tomorrow and 78 Thursday! WOW I don't recall anything like this ever!

I'm in SC. Heat on last week, AC on this week! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89