Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we have a party for Ricki? :party:

I see drinks and cannoli. :applause:

I'm bringing the pizza, some drinks, and music:

picture.php

picture.php

Donna Summer Last Dance - YouTube

( and yes- I'm using all my bandwidth :floorlaugh:)

:fireworks:

Rikki

If you listen hard enough you will hear the Seattle seahawk 12 thman --- they are happy!! They ard saying hay for you--since we arenloud you should hear the12. Its for you

Gosh I miss my little pug. This has really hit me hard

Hey all, just checking in! Been all over the board lately when I've had time, following the Amanda Knox verdict and a few missing persons cases.

Zoey, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. I adore pugs, and I vow to have one someday! I can't imagine losing one of my fur babies. Big hugs to you!

Congratulations on the job, Ricki!!!! I'm SO stinkin happy for you. This has got to be such a relief, and the job sounds really interesting! I can't wait to hear more about it. I'm still job hunting myself.

Niner, so glad all is ok and you're safe. Fire is definitely one of my biggest fears, especially living in an apartment building. I have renters insurance, but I worry about being able to get my cats out, etc. You never know when a neighbor might leave a candle burning or a curling iron plugged in.

We're in for another winter storm overnight tonight. Hopefully Des Moines will only be in the 4-5" range. I'm putting chili in the crockpot and have a bunch of little projects to work out. I won't be going anywhere tomorrow, hibernating for sure!

Also, in response to the oil and propane convo....propane here in the Midwest is at an all-time high, and a shortage is expected very soon. I have electric heat thankfully, but I know people who are very, very worried about this.

Gosh I miss my little pug. This has really hit me hard

I feel you Zoey. I am truly sorrow for your loss. There will come a time when you are able yo open that beautiful heart of yours and share it with another dog that needs you, dreams of you and can't wait to curl at your feet and snuggle. The silence is deafiningn now, but. Trust me. You will know what to do when the time is right.

God Speed. Xo

ok, I have to share this here since only y'all will understand. My son just yelled to me from the shower "hey mom, you know what's the most comfortable thing ever in the shower?" I'm all "no." He says -- "SITTING DOWN, have you ever tried it?" The first thing I thought of was this case. How terrible is that!? lmao

He's right though. I do it. I started it back in high school when I didn't want to wake up. I'd actually do it with the light off. Tell him to try brushing his teeth in there, too.

Agree. However, one (if there was one) sent that fateful afternoon/evening I seriously doubt if she authored it would have included stating she was there in his house, being that she did not want her location revealed. In fact, I do not recall anything being brought up during the trial of Travis getting a text from another female, or replying to one. My belief is this was inserted into the movie to give reason for her jealousy prompting to kill him.

:hills:

Oh, if you're talking about the movie, I completely agree with that. That was a dumb bit of writing to have Jodi text something with her name in it, stating her location.

You're never alone- because you have US. :loveyou:

You're awesome.

No one in my life understands our relationship. But I have been blessed to find a place where people are just as interested in the who, what, where, when, why, of these cases. Watching Amanda Hayes on trial, thanks to Croakerqueen123 on youtube.

I'm glad she posted this new trial because I've been rewatchig Jodi's since December.

Did anyone hear about how badly Atlanta got hit. It was horrible. People were totally stranded. One lady gave birth to a baby while stranded on the interstate. I read all this on Foxnews.

Some of it was people's own stupidness or relying upon other entities to tell you what to do. Our main problem, if you ask me, was that the storm came at 10am. Usually, IIRC, we have gotten our snow storms overnight. So in that case, everyone knows not to go anywhere in the morning, you know?

But it coming at 10am, people just went to work.

Then the schools should have called classes off that day, based upon the weather forecast. They didn't, but when they finally decided to do it, they called the parents, and everyone was on the road at once. People getting kids, people who got released from work finally, etc. The mayor said over a million people would be in ATL on a given day, so all those people tried to get out at once.

Which brings me to the next problem. Because of the mass exodus, the government couldn't treat the roads. People were all over the roads, so how can they salt? Can't.

Some people, like my brother-in-law were trapped in their cars overnight, some were trapped at work overnight, some stayed in Taco bells or other various restaurants. Some, like my brother, had to get a hotel. Some, like one of our CrossFit powder springs members, had to sleep in a hotel lobby. Some, like my mother, stayed with strangers who'd helped them when they had to abandoned their cars (and this made me totally uneasy, btw). Some like my, sister in law, had to walk 5 or more miles home. Some ran out of gas in the gridlock. It took a lot of people an average of 8-12 hours to get home. They started going home at about noon to 3pm that day.

Then there are the children who got stuck at school, stuck on buses, had to spend the night at school or in a fire station. Some of our CrossFit powder springs members are teachers and in school administration, which meant they had to stay with the kids.

It kind of felt like the Titanic, knowing the ice was ahead but doing nothing or not enough. But businesses here need to make independent decisions about closing, not wait for the government or school closings to dictate it. we had one crossfitter say that since the schools didn't close, they went to work.

The good news is that I didn't hear any stories about deaths, frostbite, etc. I think that's the most important thing. People here are angry about the traffic and blaming the government, saying they should have declared a state of emergency before the snow arrived. I believe that would have been ignored by businesses, and it wouldn't have stopped interstate truckers, who swarmed 75, the main north to south vein of the region of our country east of the Mississippi, I think.

As for closing the schools, people complain all the time when the schools around here close over a sneeze from Mother Nature. But it ended already. It wasn't as bad as other storms. It ended in a day. It was just the leftover ice that was the issue.

From ILikeToBendPages
kids today have too much time on their hands, cellphones, laptops and tablets; they need to get more exercise, get out and dance, but then again there are no teen dances at the rec centers anymore.

I totally agree with you. These kid have technology devices in their hands at a very young age, and although they can keep them busy or "Babysit them," as you will, it seems they get so attached, they can't do without, like their Binky when they were baby's.
I remember dances at the rec. They were held every Friday night and in between they would be held at the High School. Always fun and always lots of dancing with friends. Now they have police at the door checking the kids in and out and there is no more rec. Ugh. So, much fun when I was younger.

m1279 said:
Congratulations on the job, Ricki!!!! I'm SO stinkin happy for you. This has got to be such a relief, and the job sounds really interesting! I can't wait to hear more about it. I'm still job hunting myself.

Job will be learning many searches from reference checks, civil, county, state, federal, national, criminal, I forget the rest. It will take time to learn all these checks. The good thing is I can move at my own pace. I have already started on the reference checks for applicants. The bad thing is no benefits at all, so I hoprede I can move into a full time position in time. Sooner than later would be better. It certainly does not appear I will be bored. Yes, interesting work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local