SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder now how long it will be to reschedule. I am thinking sometime in April.
I bet JA is thrilled.

:tantrum::tantrum:
Judge Stephens just postponed Arias trial from March 17th. Martinez has a conflict. Per Michael Kiefer twitter.

:tantrum: Aaaargh!!I'm going to be bald before this starts if I keep pulling it out by the handfuls. So frustrating :scared:

No freaking way....postponed again?????? Argh

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Kensie .... how's the weather there? Looks like we'll have ice and flurries here Wed. Atlanta will have kind of a rough day tomorrow.

Terrible.. Got my car stuck in ice today. I was so scared. More expected tomorrow.

Looks like we are all going to bald and grow older together

I'm guessing here but I believe I remember the judge saying she only had a small window to start the next phase of the trial otherwise it may go into the following year. JM had the Chrisman trial and defense said they also have conflicts so here we are and they were finally able to get everyone's schedule set up with the date. The motions are just defense doing their thing which they are obligated to do. jmo

So the judge upholds the death penalty part and now trial is postponed. I would imagine the family has made arrangements for March 17th, so now, yet again, they re-arrange their lives. CMJA isn't going anywhere anytime soon except into the depths of Hell. I truly wish they would agree to LWOP and then go on with their lives. JMO

I agree Zuri. I really do need think the killer will get the death penalty although she deserves it.

Judge Stephens just postponed Arias trial from March 17th. Martinez has a conflict. Per Michael Kiefer twitter.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :tantrum: :okay:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2h
Judge vacates Jodi Arias' March 17 trial date because of conflict Juan Martinez has with an older case of a man who killed Glendale cop.

How does Mr. Kiefer know? Who told him? Anyone have anymore verifiable info?
Can't find anything on Google yet and nothing on Maricopa Criminal Court case documents for The Killer:jail: since 2/7/14.

Copied from a Juan fan facebook page-

The judge told Mr Martinez at the previous hearing for Bryan Hulsey that the Hulsey case would take presidency over Arias. And I can't say I disagree. That case has been going on since February of 2007

Am I wrong in thinking this was the very next case he was supposed to be on after Arias ended in May? I recall the cops family being interviewed on HLN.

ETA- Actually there is a thread here for this case
AZ: Anthony Holly/The State vs. Bryan Hulsey - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

PS- And yes, Juan was supposed to move right on to that case, I remember the cops Mom being interviewed, and them showing his picture (The pretty blue eyes stood out :().

Wonder now how long it will be to reschedule. I am thinking sometime in April.
I bet JA is thrilled.

:tantrum: Was not happy upon reading this.

But, I guess a cop killer has to be on trial too.

I can't wait much longer. Jodi is getting it easy and she does not deserve cushy Estrella.

The judge told Mr Martinez at the previous hearing for Bryan Hulsey that the Hulsey case would take presidency over Arias. And I can't say I disagree. That case has been going on since February of 2007

Am I wrong in thinking this was the very next case he was supposed to be on after Arias ended in May? I recall the cops family being interviewed on HLN.

AZ: Anthony Holly/The State vs. Bryan Hulsey - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

PS- And yes, Juan was supposed to move right on to that case, I remember the cops Mom being interviewed, and them showing his picture (The pretty blue eyes stood out :().

:seeya: Thanks for the thread link!

AZ: Anthony Holly/The State vs. Bryan Hulsey - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[

I found out that there is a delay on the Hulsey trial- next hearing for his trial is Feb. 21:

"on December 30th, 2013, he suffered a stroke in his cell sending him to the hospital. Hulsey says he is struggling from his stroke..."

http://thetrialdivas.com/2014/01/17/update-on-bryan-wayne-hulsey-trial-will-it-conflict-with-jodi-arias/

And, finally, this:

"On Feb. 19, 2007, Officer Holly, 24, was providing backup for another officer after they made a routine traffic stop of a car in which Hulsey wa a passenger. When Hulsey was ordered out of the car, he pulled a handgun from his waistband and shot Holly to death.

But defense attorney after defense attorney dropped the case, each time pushing the trial further back in time. It is now set for May 12 before Judge Joseph Kreamer.

Tuesday’s hearing was intended to resolve any possible conflict between the two cases. Martinez, who is on medical leave for undisclosed reasons, attended the hearing via telephone.

Martinez mentioned that the Arias trial might further bump back the Hulsey trial unless another prosecutor were appointed to it. One of Martinez’ supervisors, who was present in the courtroom, said that wouldn’t happen.

Welty ruled that Hulsey’s trial would go first because it was the older of the two.

Welty left the rescheduling of the Arias trial to Judge Stephens...."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20140211jodi-arias-trial-date-put-aside-due-conflicting-trial.html

The March trial date set for convicted killer Jodi Arias has been put aside because of a conflict prosecutor Juan Martinez has with another potential death-penalty trial.

Martinez is supposed to begin trial May 12 for Bryan Hulsey, 40, who is charged with the 2007 murder of Glendale Police officer Anthony Holly. The Hulsey trial has been repeatedly postponed.

In a hearing Tuesday at Maricopa County Superior Court, Presiding Criminal Judge Joseph Welty weighed priorities in the two cases.

Arias, 33, was convicted May 8 of murdering her lover, Travis Alexander, in his Mesa home in 2008. But later in May, the jury came to an impasse on whether to sentence her to death or to life in prison for the lurid, highly publicized crime.

After months of hearings, Judge Sherry Stephens set a March 17 date to begin jury selection.

But the Hulsey case is the oldest capital murder case in the county awaiting trial.

On Feb. 19, 2007, Officer Holly, 24, was providing backup for another officer after they made a routine traffic stop of a car in which Hulsey wa a passenger. When Hulsey was ordered out of the car, he pulled a handgun from his waistband and shot Holly to death.

But defense attorney after defense attorney dropped the case, each time pushing the trial further back in time. It is now set for May 12 before Judge Joseph Kreamer.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20140211jodi-arias-trial-date-put-aside-due-conflicting-trial.html

I understand this to mean that the Arias sentencing re-trial will not begin until after the May 12 Hulsey case is concluded.

If so, it will almost certainly not commence before June.

Sorry- I can't seem to get a direct link to those websites.

Wonder why Juan is on "medical leave"? :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member