SIDEBAR #25- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to summer? The high for yesterday was only 68 degrees and we haven't hit that yet today and it is already afternoon!!!

I'm still sleeping with blankets at night and using my winter bathrobe. This is not a typical New England summer.

What happened to summer? The high for yesterday was only 68 degrees and we haven't hit that yet today and it is already afternoon!!!

I'm still sleeping with blankets at night and using my winter bathrobe. This is not a typical New England summer.

A good question. We have not hit over 90 but a few times. Rained almost all of June, July was unusually cool and now school starts this week.

School starts this week? That is awful. Glad I am neither a kid nor a parent there.

We have had virtually no rain this year. All year long. I tried to reseed my lawn this spring. All for naught. And I have a big yard (3/4 acre).

The crabgrass does look lovely. It has such a distinctive shade of green.

School starts this week? That is awful. Glad I am neither a kid nor a parent there.

We have had virtually no rain this year. All year long. I tried to reseed my lawn this spring. All for naught. And I have a big yard (3/4 acre).

The crabgrass does look lovely. It has such a distinctive shade of green.

Yep, on Wednesday but school days are behind me now.

I have been keeping up with news of the trial by reading FB, but honestly, I'd rather discuss it here. Some truly insane web pages and FB pages exist in support of JA--but convicted murderers have always had their obsessed followers. The murderabilia aspect of this trial makes me very angry; the tracings are only selling because they are the work of a convicted murderer. So now she is not only continuing the narcissism of social media, but she is profiting on her real handiwork: her butchery of a young man! :mad:

I sure hope this information will come into the trial. Nurmi will no doubt try to block it, but it needs to be there! What do you all think?

I had been thinking of doing a project before the retrial started: I was going to list all the players, who they were, a VERY brief description of what they testified about or how they fit into the "story" of the murder and maybe some links. Then I found out the trial is (most likely) not going to be televised and it seems rather pointless. Do you guys think there would be any interest at all?
Hi G &A mom, whether it's televised or not, I think it would be great for purposes of our discussions here. Would give us all a refresher. Just don't want to remember all of the killers nonsense while she was on the stand.

I have been keeping up with news of the trial by reading FB, but honestly, I'd rather discuss it here. Some truly insane web pages and FB pages exist in support of JA--but convicted murderers have always had their obsessed followers. The murderabilia aspect of this trial makes me very angry; the tracings are only selling because they are the work of a convicted murderer. So now she is not only continuing the narcissism of social media, but she is profiting on her real handiwork: her butchery of a young man! :mad:

I sure hope this information will come into the trial. Nurmi will no doubt try to block it, but it needs to be there! What do you all think?

I am sure all those crazies will be lined up to marry her while she sits on death row. Crazies are out there everywhere. There is so much that I wish JM could bring into this trial.

GS, school started here in Indiana on Thursday. Wasn't even August yet. I guess school will go year round at some point. I am glad my child rearing days are over. Feel bad for my grandkids.

We have had a blessed summer. Some hot days and then a week of cool days. Never seen anything like it but I love it. I'm not a summer person. Hope winter is mild this year.

What was the decision of the Hulsey jury? I think JM had to retry the penalty phase of that one too. Anyone know? Thanks.

Are we ever going to know what was not allowed into court? This is the first trial I have followed closely.

Just checking in also, to let you guys know, i'll be here. Love you all. :blowkiss:

Hi G &A mom, whether it's televised or not, I think it would be great for purposes of our discussions here. Would give us all a refresher. Just don't want to remember all of the killers nonsense while she was on the stand.

I started thinking of doing something when I saw a mention of "Dr. Geffner" somewhere and was thinking, "who's he?" I remembered his testimony all too well, but had completely forgotten his name. That made me wonder how many others would be in the same boat. I've got 5 weeks so I'll try and come up with something.

The Hulsey trial just finished the aggravation phase and he is eligible for the death penalty. The penalty phase hasn't started yet. I think there is a break in the trial for this week.

I think that Martinez may be able to use Arias' art against her, or some of the claims that she has made, especially with the Houston Chronicle article that just came out this past week. The whole point of the penalty phase is for the defense to try to show she has some qualities or circumstances which would allow the jury to show her mercy. On the flip side, the prosecution wants to show that none of this is true. So if she brings up her art, it is fair game for Martinez.

I believe that he could show how she has sold some of her art which infringed on copyright laws. If she claims she is donating money to charity, he probably could subpoena her commissary account records and have someone testify that they see no donations. If I am correct, it gets down to how far Martinez and Maricopa County want to go with it.

Just don't try to score them like the new Justice4Jodi website has done. LOL

The Hulsey trial just finished the aggravation phase and he is eligible for the death penalty. The penalty phase hasn't started yet. I think there is a break in the trial for this week.

I think that Martinez may be able to use Arias' art against her, or some of the claims that she has made, especially with the Houston Chronicle article that just came out this past week. The whole point of the penalty phase is for the defense to try to show she has some qualities or circumstances which would allow the jury to show her mercy. On the flip side, the prosecution wants to show that none of this is true. So if she brings up her art, it is fair game for Martinez.

I believe that he could show how she has sold some of her art which infringed on copyright laws. If she claims she is donating money to charity, he probably could subpoena her commissary account records and have someone testify that they see no donations. If I am correct, it gets down to how far Martinez and Maricopa County want to go with it.

Actually, gcharlie, I don't think she has infringed on copyright laws, but I don't think it matters. Her selling tracings--the art of a convicted murderer--does matter. She is now profiting monetarily from the murder.

Just don't try to score them like the new Justice4Jodi website has done. LOL

Oh my dear god, you have seen that?! Have you seen, in particular, the part about the death sentence vs. life in prison?!

You see, if JA gets death, she will be by herself most of the time; if given life, she will be cavorting around the prison yard and eating Top Ramen noodle burritos with friends! :skip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20