SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you checked YouTube? I'd be interested to see some of that trial. I didn't realize it was televised.

Yes, as far as I can tell there's very little on YouTube, although at least one video request for footage where a commenter says you can contact the news stations that filmed the trial and pay to lease (and then return) footage.

Once I found somebody selling DVD's of the trial but they were asking something like $2500.00.

I think it was the first trial ever televised. Fortunately my parents weren't paying any attention to how I spent my time.

It was fascinating but I'd love to see it again as a "seasoned" adult.

This woman on JVM called CFja 'Jodi Alexander.' I'm glad Jane corrected her and said,
'Her name is Arias. She might've wanted it to be Alexander, but it wasn't.'

Yes, as far as I can tell there's very little on YouTube, although at least one video request for footage where a commenter says you can contact the news stations that filmed the trial and pay to lease (and then return) footage.

Once I found somebody selling DVD's of the trial but they were asking something like $2500.00.

I think it was the first trial ever televised. Fortunately my parents weren't paying any attention to how I spent my time.

It was fascinating but I'd love to see it again as a "seasoned" adult.

BBM. Exactly. And with what we've learned about serial killers since then.

So Nurmi paid the murderer a visit today. Looks like he didn't bring her a cinnabon. 1 hour with her and I bet he came out thinking "one more week with her and I am done". Done"

He's already done. A defense attorney in a death penalty case who is committed to "represent" the wishes of a client who has stated publicly that she wants death. And now he has to get up and present mitigation factors?

How about the most obvious one? Impaired judgment, which is a symptom of her lifelong Borderline Personality Disorder, which the prosecution has presented.

If I were her attorney, I'd argue that much of her behavior demonstrates this impaired judgment, such as lying when the truth is obvious to everyone and then illustrate this with examples: gas cans, hair color, gun theft, sending of flowers to grandmother.

Her inappropriate behavior such as sleeping on Travis' lap in a public place, accusing the victim of a horrible crime of pedophilia without a shred of evidence, giving a long interview immediately after being convicted (against attorney's advice) and telling people that have the power to kill you that you want to die even when you don't.

My son with schizophrenia has a delusion which he calls IU, which he defines as opposite speech. If you give him a compliment, he glares at you because he knows you mean the opposite. When he says something mean about the food I've prepared, I have to shrug it off because if I ask him, he'll just say, "Oh, that's IU, but you already know that." Why do I know that? Because part of his delusion is that I am the one person in all the world who decides what words mean, like a queen. And when I die, he will take over for me."

Thanks to all the people who have emailed me or posted with words of comfort and appreciation. I don't know what a "friend" request is, <modsnip>.

My understanding CMJA was " observed" when she started packing the car, Yreka police arrested and detained for Az PD, fearing " flight". I am uncertain when the 9 mil and knfe was found in the car she planned to travel in. Anyone?

Wasn't she in another rental car too when that stuff was found?

The moment you suspect it.

Small town. Teachers who are oblivious. New friend of my son. See him on playground after school, crying hysterically. Ask- what's wrong? Answer... I accidentally hurt someone so bad he just got taken away in an ambulance. But, there is no ambulance, which I say to him 3 times, and he replies 3 times, yes there was. Then he says... my mother is going to punish me so bad for this. I say, whatever happened, I'm sure it was an accident and your mom will understand. He says, you don't know my mom (which is true), then says, she is going to beat me so bad. I ask-- you mean spank you, right? And he said, no, she beats me. Then cried more.

He's come over to our house 3 times since, and each time I have seen more and more subtle signs of what I'm pretty sure is emotional abuse. I've never seen bruises or broken anything, but don't think that is necessary before someone needs to worry about this child.

Experience with this, please?

Something I have been meaning to ask about the forum (and since it is rather slow today) how do you track when people quote your post? So you can gop back and see if there are questions or something w/o having to read every single post? Like right now I'm going to watch every page and search for LimoDriver to see if this post gets answered. I know you can set it up in UserCP to get notified with any new post to the thread, but that is just going to blow up my inbox. TIA

Until, or unless, someone posts a better reply here are my thoughts.

That would be a nice feature to have without being notified for every new post. As you said, this tends to "blow up" your Inbox for a busy thread.

Since it does not appear that you can choose to only receive auto-email updates for replies to your posts (only), there is a static (or manual) alternative.

If you go to the Search feature at the top of the page and select Show Posts, you can enter your username and search for only those posts where a reply was made to your comments. (I'm not sure how thorough the search is. But I did see some replies in my search results.)

LOL She tried. I will get thru say the next 2 years right?

Four months are like the terrible twos. In my experience, they last through six months or so. You'll live. LOL :floorlaugh:

Mr. Mertz wasn't in the picture at that time, probably off on some vaudeville tour.

But more importantly, I have some devastating news for you and segue... we just returned from our reconnaissance mission and found out that, much to our mutual dismay, GORDON RAMSAY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!

If I hadn't been yakking so much on here I might have caught him before he left - allegedly today!!!

If it's any consolation to you and/or segue, this guy lives in the neighborhood so if I bump into him at the local market, should I ask him to autograph something for you?

Rob Zombie - Dead City Radio And The New Gods Of Supertown - YouTube

I know, not quite GRrrrrr...

:seeya: Thanks for givin' it the college try, Viv! If you hadn't had to make Fred a sandwich, who knows what might have been....

Well folks hello from Florida! Just got to Orlando came down here for Paul McCartney concert on Sunday!

and I agree, what is trial everyone is talking about and who is Jodi?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Are you SURE you're in Orlando and not PINELLAS COUNTY? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Armani.jpg

This is one of The Puggles. Meet Armani :) I'll be back later and post a pic of his bestest friend, his brother Dawkins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState