Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy ‏@courtchatter 52s53 seconds ago
Ummmmm I don't think I can retweet some of the stuff coming out of the #JodiArias courtroom

I can't copy/paste and am not quick at rewording what I read. I am sorry Bernina had to leave ...... :tantrum:

Thanks for the good work, B.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 5m5 minutes ago
Judge Stephens in court today - media pool photo. #JodiArias

B0fg7K3CQAAV281.png

I can't copy/paste and am not quick at rewording what I read. I am sorry Bernina had to leave ...... :tantrum:

Thanks for the good work, B.

I have to go make dinner- so I'll see everyone later and then go read the Retrial thread. :seeya:

Huff post dot com:

Today 3:00 PM EDT
'Blood Everywhere'

"When you get stabbed it hurts, but you don't die immediately," Martinez said. "During that time Mr. Alexander was conscious...the scene shows there is blood everywhere."

HuffPo

Today 3:09 PM EDT
'I Wasn't Even There'

"I wasn't even there," Martinez said of Arias' initial statement to police.

Today 3:08 PM EDT
'She Pretneded To Be Concerned'

"She pretended to be concerned about Mr. Alexander. She sent him an email [after the killing]," Martinez said.

Today 3:07 PM EDT
Crime Scene

Martinez is describing how Arias attempted to clean up the crime scene and put Alexander's camera in the washing machine.

Judge Stephens looks exactly like she did 18 months ago. Not me, my face has gotten rounder to keep up with my body.

Looks like I see another gray hair on the Killer's head.

Jodi Arias Death Penalty Trial Begins With Shocking Photo

"...Prosecutor Juan Martinez showed a photo of Arias' ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander's throat slit within minutes of starting to make his case, saying. "This is how much she loved him."

Arias' defense attorney Kirk Nurmi argued that she shouldn't be put to death because she has been diagnosed with both post traumatic stress disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder, calling her a "troubled, mentally ill young woman."..."

http://linkis.com/abcn.ws/TyQu4

The time change gets confusing. 1:45 is 3:45 Eastern time, I think. They are still at lunch -- should be back any time now.

---
from Beth's live-blog:

12:28 Recess until 1:45 pm.

12:24 Argument in court — jury is at lunch. There are a number of pending motions in limine that haven’t been ruled on yet. Judge wants to know if any of them will affect this afternoon’s witness. Dr. Horn will testify tomorrow. Judge will grant defense motions re smuggling contraband, change in counsel, and threats against trial participants and lacking remorse. Nurmi is annoyed with the state’s “rebuttal posture” and that Arias is still unaware of some of the state’s evidence.
12:18 Martinez discusses expert Robert Geffner–a domestic violence expert … Nurmi objects, moves for mistrial, sidebar. Lunch recess until 1:45. Jury leaves. Argument on the objection.
12:11 Martinez has the 9 mitigators up on the screen. He’s talking about Arias’s alleged PTSD. It turns out that the basis for Richard Samuels’s diagnosis was a lie Arias told him

I really like the HuffPo website.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 2m2 minutes ago
Judge asking about airing opening statements. Nurmi objected. Judge sustained. No broadcast of opening statements. #JodiArias

:(

Gold Patrol Update: Jodi Arias Openings

Published on Oct 21, 2014
Jeff Gold describes Jodi Arias Openings from the court house in AZ

[video=youtube;OE6DyXlQZh0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DyXlQZh0&list=UUZZzyG2TbFN1gQz4jf78kRg[/video]

From Beth's site:

1:50 The judge is back on the bench. I made a request of the court during the lunch hour for a copy of the preliminary instructions. Denied. Jury is back. Judge instructs the jury that openings are not evidence or argument. Martinez continues with his opening statement. I’m hearing the first witness could be the detective who recovered the deleted photos from the camera. If so, then Martinez may display the sexually graphic photos as well as the accidental photos taken during the murder.

Is Nurmi married? he has a wedding band:

B0f8rnJIYAAGh0c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members