DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some more articles to read:

HLN has a recap of the trial this week (hope they continue to do this):

Producer's notes: Week 1 of Arias sentencing retrial

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/10/24/jodi-arias-recap-death-penalty-retrial-week-1

--------------------------------

Exclusive (HLN video): Juror from Arias' criminal trial talks

"...Tara Kelley has seen those photos before, when she was juror #17 in Arias' criminal trial. Kelley was an alternate juror and did not get the chance to vote on life or death for the convicted murderer."

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/10/...rial-juror-tara-kelley?clusterId=#videoplayer

------------------------------

Up and already walking......

View attachment 62141

I'll give you kids updates tomorrow. Birth took about 2 minutes, walked outside cause ol' Zubaz was making a lot of noise and there was a bit of the sac. Kissy went down, did a few pushes, I carefully pulled one of the legs which wasn't quite out as far as the other as she had a contraction, and there was Zuri, all wet! Got her rubbed down with some towels.

Very cool! Kissy and Zuri are already talking to each other. Zubaz is a proud papa, again, for the 29th time. (Could be 30?)

Note: Mares always pick the spot you least expect them to foal in, not in the barn, always out in the dirt or mud! At least the weather is nice and the mud disappeared about 10 days ago.

Catch you kids tomorrow!:happydance:

Oh Bernina - what a beautiful horsey!! Finally!! Congrats!! :wave: :balloons:

Ahhh. She was born on my birthday, well it was the 24th where I am. lol

Lambchop!! Happy Birthday!! And a BIG :gthanks: for all you do here at WS!

Attachments

• LambchopBirthday.png
    LambchopBirthday.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 156
Nancy Grace can't get a break from awkward news

"...has come up in a second awkward story in one week's time....

The incident involving television personality Nancy Grace follows a nearly week-old satirical piece by the Daily Currant which has gone viral. The satirical article stated that Grace was arrested for murder...."

http://www.examiner.com/article/nancy-grace-can-t-get-a-break-from-awkward-news

This is the satirical article:

Nancy Grace Arrested For Murder
Oct 18, 2013
TV Host Suspected in 1983 Killing of Nursing Student

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/10/18/nancy-grace-arrested-for-murder/

nancy-e1382064852631-257x159.jpg

I guess when you are a celebrity of any sort, you have to endure the ridiculous.

I haven't thought about it like this, so thanks to everyone for your comments. I haven't read or heard any interviews with Chris or Skye. (Just about the emails and they seemed nosey, to me anyway. Travis wasn't a little boy, even though he terribly miscalculated Jodi.) And someone commented that the story of his life needs to be told. I thought that should come from his family. But that's my opinion. I still say this book comes at a bad time. I guess I would like to know how his family feels about it.

ETA: Now if the Hughes come forward and say that every penny of the proceeds will go to the Alexander's to help them fight ANY attempts by Jodi for a new trial, then I would be the first to order the new book. Based upon what KCL has said, they will face the killer many times in the future as she attempts to get a new trial and that will be expensive.

As far as the Hughes portraying the real Travis, we know he was a good and loyal young man who was simply living life. I need no proof of that. And as for the killer, no one but the foreman of the previous jury and maybe DB believes she is anything but a psychopath. JMO and OMO and all that.

If the family wants to write a book then they can and I'd read it. But Travis moved to AZ and didn't see his family as often as he saw the Hughes', who were like family to him. I'd hesitate to say Chris was a father figure to him, but he was definitely a mentor, and, from the outside, I think Travis was appreciative of the relationship since he didn't have his own father around to guide him and lecture him and such.

The family also didn't know Jodi nor much about the relationship between the two of them. The Hughes' did. I have heard interviews with them and there is a lot about the relationship they will be able to shed light on and clear up. It will be incredibly interesting to hear their full side.

For some reason, the Hughes' get a bad rap around here and I don't know why, really. They seem like wonderful people and they loved Travis very much. Far as I can tell, people are mad about the emails they wrote to Travis. Keep in mind, they didn't just write them out of nowhere. Jodi dragged them into it by showing up on their doorstep crying and complaining about all the horrible things Travis was doing. Once they realized they'd been manipulated by her they were quite angry. I'm sure this will all be in the book. Hindsight is wonderful and all. But I'm sure the Hughes' never expected those emails to be read by anyone other than Travis and certainly never used as evidence in his murder trial that he was an abuser. I'll bet that they feel bad enough about that.

It's nice to think that there's no one out there that actually believes Jodi's lies. But that's simply not true. Hop onto FB or twitter and prepare to be inundated with comment after comment about what a terrible, disgusting, "sexually weird" person Travis was. It breaks my heart to read those things about him. Think about how the people who loved him and knew him must feel.

If this was my friend and I knew the full story and had a chance to clear that up, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. If my words to him had been misinterpreted into something else I'd want everyone to know that. And if it was my murdered brother, I'd welcome the book. But that's just me.

That is what has struck me. There are many photos of Chris and Travis together ,and you could tell they had a special relationship.

They had a beautiful relationship. I'd been hoping he'd write a book actually for a while now. I'm so, so glad he did and I look forward to it.

I may change my mind about this once I read the Hughes' book...but from where I sit now I see that nothing but good can come from this book being released. It is obvious to the majority of us that this trial painted a horrid picture of Travis Alexander and I believe that fact has saddened Chris and Sky more than we can probably imagine. They knew Travis was not perfect--no one is perfect--but they also knew that he was not at all like he has been portrayed by too many for too long. I cannot speak for Travis's family, of course, but again I feel safe saying for now that they will see this not as any form of exploitation of their loved one but rather as a way for friends who love and respect him to honor him. I'll change this opinion if the book sucks but I really do not see how it could. I expect it to be the truth--something that for years now has been in extremely short supply.

One does not need to write a book to get their point across - we have the world wide web for that.
Write a blog, start their own website, have a face book, or twitter or what ever else that there is these days.

It's a catch 22 - It's great that they are telling Travis' side from their viewpoint. That's honorable of them.
But......Why charge people to have to read it. If it's really an honor wouldn't it be done - just because.

Maybe as some one posted up thread, if they were donating proceeds, or selling the book just at cost -
they could be looked at for not doing it to make money off the tragedy of Travis.
Their intent is to honor Travis, but they will be making money from his tragedy.

This post was in reference to the book by Chris and Skye Hughes.

My personal take and it may not be in favor but you don't write a book if you are not expecting to sell it. And you usually sell things for money.
Anyone who is writing a book is usually looking to make money - it's the nature of business.

Sorry if I offend, and I hope the book is filled with great things all about Travis.
In the end Travis does deserve a voice.

Faith, Alzheimer's and my husband Glen Campbell

"My husband, Glen Campbell, has stage 6 Alzheimer’s disease. Seven months ago, at the recommendation of his doctors, we placed him in a memory care facility close to our home in Nashville...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/24/faith-alzheimer-and-my-husband-glen-campbell/

----------------------

One of my favorite songs by Mr. Campbell:

[video=youtube;mUg5p3BncuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUg5p3BncuQ[/video]

-----------
And another that I never heard:

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Glen Campbell

("From Glen's "I'll Be Me" documentary dealing with his Alzheimer's disease and related recent documentary.")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

I'm still here, but yet I'm gone
I don't play guitar or sing my songs
They never defined who I am
The man that loves you 'til the end
You're the last person I will love
You're the last face I will recall
And best of all, I'm not gonna miss you.
Not gonna miss you.
I'm never gonna hold you like I did
Or say I love you to the kids
You're never gonna see it in my eyes
It's not gonna hurt me when you cry
I'm never gonna know what you go through
All the things I say or do
All the hurt and all the pain
One thing selfishly remains
I'm not gonna miss you
I'm not gonna miss you

http://www.metrolyrics.com/im-not-gonna-miss-you-lyrics-glen-campbell.html

-------------------------------

He has a nice face (crows feet and all), IMO.

6a00d8341c630a53ef01538f5c91cb970b-640wi

One does not need to write a book to get their point across - we have the world wide web for that.
Write a blog, start their own website, have a face book, or twitter or what ever else that there is these days.

It's a catch 22 - It's great that they are telling Travis' side from their viewpoint. That's honorable of them.
But......Why charge people to have to read it. If it's really an honor wouldn't it be done - just because.

Maybe as some one posted up thread, if they were donating proceeds, or selling the book just at cost -
they could be looked at for not doing it to make money off the tragedy of Travis.
Their intent is to honor Travis, but they will be making money from his tragedy.

My personal take and it may not be in favor but you don't write a book if you are not expecting to sell it. And you usually sell things for money.
Anyone who is writing a book is usually looking to make money - it's the nature of business.

Sorry if I offend, and I hope the book is filled with great things all about Travis.

You're not offending me at all because I feel the same way that you do and that's OK- we all have our own opinions here, whatever they may be about (and there's no right or wrong in this one, IMO).:therethere:

There already was a website started for Travis to talk about him and all that, his friends to post their memories. Nobody listened. They've given numerous interviews for free to tell their side. No one listened.

A book is simply a better way to get your point across. You can market it better and it will reach a wider audience. Much wider. And all the info is all in one place. You just cannot do the same things with a blog that you can a book. And, you never know. They just may donate some of the proceeds in Travis' name. I can see them doing that anyway. But you have to recoup the money spent publishing a book. That's just the nature of the business.

But mostly, I'm kind of sick of seeing the Hughes' so maligned around here. Again, they were good people. They loved Travis and they just want his story told.

There already was a website started for Travis to talk about him and all that, his friends to post their memories. Nobody listened. They've given numerous interviews for free to tell their side. No one listened.

A book is simply a better way to get your point across. You can market it better and it will reach a wider audience. Much wider. And all the info is all in one place. You just cannot do the same things with a blog that you can a book. And, you never know. They just may donate some of the proceeds in Travis' name. I can see them doing that anyway. But you have to recoup the money spent publishing a book. That's just the nature of the business.

But mostly, I'm kind of sick of seeing the Hughes' so maligned around here. Again, they were good people. They loved Travis and they just want his story told.

Hope their book accomplishes what they want. Travis was a nice man and their good friend. Travis' family published his book, but I have not read it. It has 4 1/2 stars on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/RAISING-YOU-S...d=1414190083&sr=1-1&keywords=travis+alexander

51Fkbt0b6bL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Good Day All

I've lurked quite a bit off and on since the verdict, but rarely posted. So nice to see so many back again for the retrial

Congratulations Bernina on your gorgeous addition to the family. Happy Birthday Lamb Chop

I decided to re watch CMJA's testimony this morning from the trial. It is both horrible and fascinating at the same time. When CMJA described confronting the girl that Matt McCarthy was cheating with her face is actually gleeful. I didn't catch that at the time. It is like watching a movie 2 or 3 times and always catching or seeing something you'd missed in the first airing.

It is also baffling watching her go on and on and on, often bordering on off-topic without any objection from Juan or admonition from the judge. Clearly Juan is letting her ramble to trap her further in lies and just waiting to set her up for cross. I am sure that Nurmi and Wilmott were hoping that the jurors would feel eventually like they knew her making it harder to vote for death. I am clueless as to why HHJSS let her go on and on, way beyond a "caution to protect appellate issue". IMO this caused the Alexnder family an additional abundance of pain and expense, to taxpayers as well. I am only on day 4

I should have jotted down a few notes. A few times in an effort to appear as brilliant as she thinks she is used completely wrong and non-existent words that made me LOL. She talks of taking college Real Estate classes and Spanish while living with Darrell but doesn't have a H.S. Diploma, so unless they were non-credit continuing education type classes, another unnecessary lie. I will let you all know if I make it through to the end. Knowing she is now a convicted murderer with premeditation and malice really does take the anxiety down and makes her testimony comical.

KCL - My state has a Victims Rights Bill on the ballot for November that should pass. I'll be thinking of you and your family when I punch or swipe my ballot.

If the family wants to write a book then they can and I'd read it. But Travis moved to AZ and didn't see his family as often as he saw the Hughes', who were like family to him. I'd hesitate to say Chris was a father figure to him, but he was definitely a mentor, and, from the outside, I think Travis was appreciative of the relationship since he didn't have his own father around to guide him and lecture him and such.

The family also didn't know Jodi nor much about the relationship between the two of them. The Hughes' did. I have heard interviews with them and there is a lot about the relationship they will be able to shed light on and clear up. It will be incredibly interesting to hear their full side.

For some reason, the Hughes' get a bad rap around here and I don't know why, really. They seem like wonderful people and they loved Travis very much. Far as I can tell, people are mad about the emails they wrote to Travis. Keep in mind, they didn't just write them out of nowhere. Jodi dragged them into it by showing up on their doorstep crying and complaining about all the horrible things Travis was doing. Once they realized they'd been manipulated by her they were quite angry. I'm sure this will all be in the book. Hindsight is wonderful and all. But I'm sure the Hughes' never expected those emails to be read by anyone other than Travis and certainly never used as evidence in his murder trial that he was an abuser. I'll bet that they feel bad enough about that.

It's nice to think that there's no one out there that actually believes Jodi's lies. But that's simply not true. Hop onto FB or twitter and prepare to be inundated with comment after comment about what a terrible, disgusting, "sexually weird" person Travis was. It breaks my heart to read those things about him. Think about how the people who loved him and knew him must feel.

If this was my friend and I knew the full story and had a chance to clear that up, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. If my words to him had been misinterpreted into something else I'd want everyone to know that. And if it was my murdered brother, I'd welcome the book. But that's just me.

I am quite sorry I gave my opinion. I am not mad at the Hughes. I am more than a little surprised that if they knew so much about the Jodi/Travis relationship and how awful she was then why didn't Juan Martinez use them a lot at the trial? Maybe he just assumed the jury would get it and give her the DP. He didn't count on the foreman I guess. Anyway, people with right minds are not going to think Travis was a bad guy, no matter what the crazies say. I don't do twitter or FB. Anyway MeeBee, I will save my opinions for Jodi. All that matters to me is that she is put away.

I am quite sorry I gave my opinion. I am not mad at the Hughes. I am more than a little surprised that if they knew so much about the Jodi/Travis relationship and how awful she was then why didn't Juan Martinez use them a lot at the trial? Maybe he just assumed the jury would get it and give her the DP. He didn't count on the foreman I guess. Anyway, people with right minds are not going to think Travis was a bad guy, no matter what the crazies say. I don't do twitter or FB. Anyway MeeBee, I will save my opinions for Jodi. All that matters to me is that she is put away.

There's nothing wrong with your opinion and I never meant to imply there was. I'm just giving mine too. If the sidebar is not the right place to have a discussion or a difference of opinion I apologize and I'll take it to the retrial thread.

To answer your question, the only reasons the Hughes' weren't called was because a). the emails would come in and b). Nurmi already had a pre trial confrontation in a hearing with him that would also come in. It just wasn't worth it.

Chris and Skye have done interviews with Trish in TCR and they were very enlightening, in regards to Jodi and Travis. I don't know if you can still listen to them but if you'd like to then you can try and find them.

What cinched it for me that the gunshot had to be last: the bullet casing lying on top of the pool of congealed blood. That couldn't have happened if he'd been shot first. And if he was shot first he wouldn't have made it out of the shower, he'd have been incapacitated. It was a shot to finish him off after torturing him and making sure he knew who his killer was.

I agree on all points.

The neck wound killed him, if the stab to the heart didn't. But I am not sure Jodi knew that. I think there could have been some air escaping as will happen sometimes from wounds, and the sounds may have made her think he could still be alive. Hence the shot.

Or the shot was a final "take that" sort of thing--done out of meanness pure and simple.

But whatever was going on in that evil mind at the time, the gunshot was the final blow. Evidence points to that clearly.

The DT always wanted to infer it was first because that might instill some doubt about Travis's overall level of suffering. They want to make it sound like he died quickly and didn't feel the brunt of the attack. That's the only reason I can think of for so much time and effort being spent by the DT on all their "shot was first" scenarios.

Here's a video from Trial Talk Live (with Jen):

[video=youtube;kh5kJcLP__w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh5kJcLP__w[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members