Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 2h2 hours ago
Fox 10 has learned through 3 independent sources that the "secret" witness in the #JodiArias case is Jodi Arias.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2h2 hours ago
@AlottaSunshine @troyhaydenfox10 She doesn't want the media or public to compare her testimony Im sure

If in fact it is CMJA, who is the adult in this courtroom? Let CMJA throw her temper tantrum and let her sit at the table with the other children. Call the remaining witnesses, if she chooses not to testify so be it!!! She had her chance.

306 days brings us to October 31 a holiday and the next 59 days brings us to another holiday.

1517 - Martin Luther nails 95 theses on Wittenberg church - precipitates the Protestant Reformation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j89_BAh2Q3M&feature=player_detailpage

1846 - The Donner Party was trapped by heavy snowfall in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WVSWamD7bck

1947 - Vaughn Monroe top the chart with I Wish I Didn't Love You So

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=crikuUBqeBU

1955 - Tennessee Ernie Ford loads 16 Tons on his way to the top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jIfu2A0ezq0

1963 - Cher hit the top with Gypsy's Tramps and Theives

[video=youtube;dLTETaWswCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dLTETaWswCY[/video]

1984 - India’s Indira Ghandi was assassinated -- by her security guards, two Sikh men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3jJAd3RL7_s

and on a happier note

Caribbean Queen became a gold record for Billy Ocean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9f16Fw_K45s

2014 - U.S. Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, jailed more than 200 days in Mexico, was freed by a judge Friday.

proxy.jpg

Please allow me to provide subtitles: mitigating witness = worst enemy

I really really wish Chris and Skye Hughes would just go ahead and let their book be released to the public NOW !

GoodMorning7.jpg~c200

Would you like cream and/or sugar with that, Madame?

(sounds like me when I first get up .... :laughing: )

Yes, please- cream and 2 tsp sugar would be nice. :loveyou:

I don't understand what's going on with this trial???:scared:

Why would missy:jail: need to "hide" her testimony at this point in her trial? New story? but JM would /could point out that this would be story #4.

Something smells to high heaven here- I think we may not have the truth here (even tho' missy:jail: did come into the courtroom with a blazer on, so maybe she did
give her testimony on Thursday), but something is screwy- for sure.

Don't know what to say about JA testifying shrouded in secrecy and avoiding the first amendment rights of the public. It is not believable, but if it is true I am more disheartened than ever with the justice system and JSS courtroom.

I really don't think it's Jodi. It makes no sense and the Judge would never close it off for her. I still think it's the out of the country person by skype. I'm okay with being wrong but it just doesn't wash that it's Jodi. She's already been found guilty, there's no reason to give her secrecy.

Don't know what to say about JA testifying shrouded in secrecy and avoiding the first amendment rights of the public. It is not believable, but if it is true I am more disheartened than ever with the justice system and JSS courtroom.

Oh Curious, you and me too. I just can't believe what's become of our justice system. And this judge! You said it perfectly the other day, "what does JA and her defense team on have on this judge" I'm serious, is it so unbelievable that there could be something going on here? Obviously there is, and why would it not include this judge? There have been dishonest judges before.

Oh Curious, you and me too. I just can't believe what's become of our justice system. And this judge! You said it perfectly the other day, "what does JA and her defense team on have on this judge" I'm serious, is it so unbelievable that there could be something going on here? Obviously there is, and why would it not include this judge? There have been dishonest judges before.
Grammie,
you and I wouldn't have these gutteral reactions if everything in court was open and above board. Some legal experts and those smarter than I keep saying JSS is trying to ensure there are no appealable issues. I would much prefer seeing JA appeal to her hearts content than to see any judge bending over backwards at this penalty stage. She has already been found guilty. Whether she goes to death row and rots or goes to Perryville and becomes a rock star, it makes no difference to me. If the actions of this judge and her attorneys get her out someday, she will kill again. Sad. That is the justice system I see here.

Grammie,
you and I wouldn't have these gutteral reactions if everything in court was open and above board. Some legal experts and those smarter than I keep saying JSS is trying to ensure there are no appealable issues. I would much prefer seeing JA appeal to her hearts content than to see any judge bending over backwards at this penalty stage. She has already been found guilty. Whether she goes to death row and rots or goes to Perryville and becomes a rock star, it makes no difference to me. If the actions of this judge and her attorneys get her out someday, she will kill again. Sad. That is the justice system I see here.

I am thinking ahead to the sentencing phase of this trial assuming that the jury does not give Arias the DP. I do think that there is a good chance of Arias receiving 'life' as opposed to LWOP. With time served she could be out well in time to reclaim her 'youth'. What torture for Travis' family to be in the unknown at this time. I hope that the Judge does not let them or Lady Justice down.

Yes, please- cream and 2 tsp sugar would be nice. :loveyou:

I don't understand what's going on with this trial???:scared:

Why would missy:jail: need to "hide" her testimony at this point in her trial? New story? but JM would /could point out that this would be story #4.

Something smells to high heaven here- I think we may not have the truth here (even tho' missy:jail: did come into the courtroom with a blazer on, so maybe she did
give her testimony on Thursday), but something is screwy- for sure.

I agree.. could it be that when this person stumbled into the closed courtroom CMJA was just up there for a brief time for some reason? Grasping here I know...

I am thinking ahead to the sentencing phase of this trial assuming that the jury does not give Arias the DP. I do think that there is a good chance of Arias receiving 'life' as opposed to LWOP. With time served she could be out well in time to reclaim her 'youth'. What torture for Travis' family to be in the unknown at this time. I hope that the Judge does not let them or Lady Justice down.

I hope that ship has not already sailed.

I fully understand the frustration, anger and criticisms of the judge. This latest development has me thinking 'WTF?' too. Yet I have seem nothing to suggest dishonesy from Judge Stephens. A painfully patient dedication to trying a notorious case, politeness, good humour, tenacity - I have seen JSS exhibit all of those qualities - and more. If I am wrong, I'll know soon enough and learn from my error of judgement. What the family think of JSS will be of the utmost importance to me. How she sentences Arias too. Arias will try for future appeals. She would have done so with any judge. I hope Stephen's approach is validated when they are all thrown out.

---------
I have never heard of a judge being so biased toward a convicted killer. How can a convict have the right to be
hidden AFTER conviction? Is the judge so afraid of a mistrial? Az. cannot keep giving them their way. Someone needs to give this judge a huge talking to. Get on with the case. Would the whole ball of wax come under a mistrial or just the penalty phase IF it happened. I'm waiting for reply from higher court.:banghead:

I fully understand the frustration, anger and criticisms of the judge. This latest development has me thinking 'WTF?' too. Yet I have seem nothing to suggest dishonesy from Judge Stephens. A painfully patient dedication to trying a notorious case, politeness, good humour, tenacity - I have seen JSS exhibit all of those qualities - and more. If I am wrong, I'll know soon enough and learn from my error of judgement. What the family think of JSS will be of the utmost importance to me. How she sentences Arias too. Arias will try for future appeals. She would have done so with any judge. I hope Stephen's approach is validated when they are all thrown out.

Judge Stephens's rulings are frustrating at times and this is certainly one of those times. However, you are right in that the dust will have to settle over this storm before we will know whether JSS is extremely competent or extremely the other direction. I do believe JSS will be either a national hero or at best on her way down the hall to preside over traffic court for the remainder of her career. I doubt there will be much middle ground there.

I do hope her intentions are well-founded and that this whole fiasco does not get a redo upon appeal based on something this judge should have taken better care to do differently. The killer is such a dangerous individual it is just plain frightening to consider her ever being free again even for one day.

Well...............
Let the defense have their blackout, one less thing to see used as an appeal.
Does it violate the rights of the public? Damn skippy.
Will the public find out who this "mystery" witness is? Eventually.
Did CMJA get her face back front and center in the media, after HLN and CNN were pulling away in their vans? You betcha.

It's all about "her". :gaah: NOT!

Someone needs to remind her it's all about her life or death for slaughtering Travis Alexander, NOT what kind of smoke and mirrors she and her defense attorneys can pull out of their butts.

Bottom line, she WILL go to prison and DIE in prison. Nothing that's said or done in this phase is going to change that.

There are NO Hail Mary's, no 2nd chances, this is it. Life or Death.

Martinez has it covered. And I think Judge Stephens is doing her best to keep as much as she can away from the Appeals Court.

What really chaps my hide is this stupid defendant may cause a new look by Arizona Judges in sequestering their juries. Can you imagine how much more these proceedings would have cost if both juries were sequestered?

The only thing that this pathetic looser from Yrecka can claim is that the world has seen every disgusting part of her, mentally, physically and emotionally. And we are sickened by "it".

I still can not accept that it is JA on the stand. That makes absolutely no legal sense, though I am far from being a lawyer. She has commanded media attention far too often to be given her way via blackmail. She believes she shines in the Spotlight of taking the stand and battling Juan. Also, if they put "this witness" on hold, there would be no reason JA would not be available at a later date, tho I believe Nurmi told the court this is the only time this person can be here to testify. Everything smells too fishy to me, and for it to be JA just has too many holes. Could the person who believes they saw her in her striped outfit on the stand have been "mistaken" or misunderstood the reason she was sitting there?

As for the judge, I do believe she is bending over backward to give no reason for appeal. I am hopeful this latest ruling of hers really does have substance to back it up. otherwise ..... I will be open-mouthed speechless.

I can see KN yelling mistrial again. I don't know what would happen if this judge granted them a mistrial. If this jury ends up like the first jury then this judge will sentence her. I would not be surprised if she lets her walk free, maybe give her 10 years, knocks off time served, suspends the rest, maybe house arrest. NOTHING would surprise me anymore with this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381