SIDEBAR #33 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brent @ Kleinman Law · @brentjkleinman

#JodiArias 2015 Court Dates
Thanks to @mekimpossible I was connected to what is happening in 2015. It appears a group of Defense attorneys are seeking to have the death penalty removed from their case based on the Notice provide seeking the death penalty in each case. The #joinder is likely to have #JodiArias join the other defendants in this motion. It would have no effect on the trial continuing. Should it be determined that the State erred in providing proper notice seeking the death penalty and JA was already sentenced to the DP then her sentence would change. Looking at most of the cases on the list they are much more recent than JA's case. I have to confirm that no laws regarding Notice changed in the years between JA and the other cases in the motion.

The #jodiarias trial will continue next week so long as Judge Stephens wants it to. We shall see what happens come next Wednesday. And will the "sick" juror return? Have we lost our third juror?

Here is the link to the relevant minute entry:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102014/m6541879.pdf

--------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/brentjkleinman

I had a nightmare...I talked to Jodi Arias in person-- her face looked round and pale. I actually wished her the best of luck (barf) for the 'retrial and for an appropriate verdict' and then we continued chatting for a bit in a most friendly manner. :scared:

Oh dear. :scared:

Oh dear! How scary! Sounds like you handled yourself in the safest way possible in your dream. :) Smile and nod, right? I'm sorry that happened.

To me, one of the most unsettling things about JA is that she IS chatty and friendly in those interviews and even in her testimony much of the time. Like she's sitting across the office lunch room table and you are actually interested in the 'how I met him, strawberry frappucino, I'd beg for death, it takes two hands' details. Really! Creepy!

I must say that any breaks Arias has gotten she has really had to work for, unlike that killer in Florida who got one lucky break after another, including wrongful acquittal, with little to no effort from her--the hardest she has ever had to work at anything was her bankruptcy case. So, in my view these two killers are not exactly cut from the same cloth but do have some basic traits in common--they are both sociopaths, in addition to being lying snakes whose first line of defense centers around blaming someone else for everything.

I had a nightmare...I talked to Jodi Arias in person-- her face looked round and pale. I actually wished her the best of luck (barf) for the 'retrial and for an appropriate verdict' and then we continued chatting for a bit in a most friendly manner. :scared:

Oh dear. :scared:

I had a similar nightmare that starred Misty Croslin way back when...

Oh dear! How scary! Sounds like you handled yourself in the safest way possible in your dream. :) Smile and nod, right? I'm sorry that happened.

To me, one of the most unsettling things about JA is that she IS chatty and friendly in those interviews and even in her testimony much of the time. Like she's sitting across the office lunch room table and you are actually interested in the 'how I met him, strawberry frappucino, I'd beg for death, it takes two hands' details. Really! Creepy!

I had a similar nightmare that starred Misty Croslin way back when...

Thanks! I woke up feeling like I had really talked to her. A gross and perturbing thought. It is frightening how friendly she seemed in those initial interviews. Had she gone with the 'I couldn't handle the jealousy so I just lost control' defense along with the 'meek, quiet, polite' act she might have swayed some jurors. If they had ignored the autopsy photos that is.

Thanks! I woke up feeling like I had really talked to her. A gross and perturbing thought. It is frightening how friendly she seemed in those initial interviews. Had she gone with the 'I couldn't handle the jealousy so I just lost control' defense along with the 'meek, quiet, polite' act she might have swayed some jurors. If they had ignored the autopsy photos that is.

Hope it doesnt become a recurring "nightmare". :)

I know what you mean though. These cases are so amazing that they consume our thoughts to the point where we have dreams about them. Hopefully you can block her out and not have any more dreams about her.

I also agree with you on her defense. I have thought from the very beginning that her approach should have been just like you describe. I really think it would have been her best shot and I have no doubt that at least she could have avoided DP with that approach.

What she is doing now is just making the jurors madder at her. I really feel she may get the DP now. When before I thought there would be no way the jurors could give her DP. She and her defense has gotten everyone in an uproar and now I can see where the jury may just give her the DP afterall.

Her approach is proving she has no remorse whatsoever. The other approach she could have lied and faked remorse. :)

When I was following the JA case/trial more diligently, I recall discussion of the classic film "The Bad Seed" and how Jodi was likely destined to kill at an early age. For anyone who hasn't seen the movie or for those who want to watch it again, "The Bad Seed" airs on TCM this afternoon (Friday) at 5:45 (EST). http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/67988/Bad-Seed-The/

I think we all have to step away from the trial. (lol) I am in luck, I don't dream.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I am doing all the cooking and having at my house as usual.

When I was following the JA case/trial more diligently, I recall discussion of the classic film "The Bad Seed" and how Jodi was likely destined to kill at an early age. For anyone who hasn't seen the movie or for those who want to watch it again, "The Bad Seed" airs on TCM this afternoon (Friday) at 5:45 (EST). http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/67988/Bad-Seed-The/

Thanks for this post. I am going to DVR it. I love TCM and the old classic movies.

They made them so good back then and had real good actors with well thought out plots and scripts.

This one does sound a lot like our killer in this case. The parallels seem uncanny. I think I saw parts of this movie way back when but I dont recall it well enough so I definitely want to watch this again.

Thanks again.

I think we all have to step away from the trial. (lol) I am in luck, I don't dream.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I am doing all the cooking and having at my house as usual.

I agree totally about taking a step away for awhile. I have become too absorbed and caught up with it lately.

For Thanksgiving, I already got our Turkey...LOL I got a 21-pounder from Walmart. Butterball. The old stand bye.

Oh....have to share a turkey cooking horror story in next post. ......

Hope it doesnt become a recurring "nightmare". :)

I know what you mean though. These cases are so amazing that they consume our thoughts to the point where we have dreams about them. Hopefully you can block her out and not have any more dreams about her.

I also agree with you on her defense. I have thought from the very beginning that her approach should have been just like you describe. I really think it would have been her best shot and I have no doubt that at least she could have avoided DP with that approach.

What she is doing now is just making the jurors madder at her. I really feel she may get the DP now. When before I thought there would be no way the jurors could give her DP. She and her defense has gotten everyone in an uproar and now I can see where the jury may just give her the DP afterall.

Her approach is proving she has no remorse whatsoever. The other approach she could have lied and faked remorse. :)

Thanks for this post. I am going to DVR it. I love TCM and the old classic movies.

They made them so good back then and had real good actors with well thought out plots and scripts.

This one does sound a lot like our killer in this case. The parallels seem uncanny. I think I saw parts of this movie way back when but I dont recall it well enough so I definitely want to watch this again.

Thanks again.

Thanks Hatfield. I cannot imagine the kind of nightmare that Travis' loved ones are going through. Listening to Steven talk about being afraid of showers and all that was heart-wrenching. The vibe this woman gives out is one of the darkest and strangest...

Anyway, 'Leave her to heaven' is another fantastic movie (Gene Tierney, 1945). It is about a woman who is a lot like Arias. It's available for free online. I agree that old classic movies are the best. I think that during the last trial, a member here had created a list of relevant movies to watch. Oh, 'Playing Misty for me' is another good one.

Some really fun websites are:
Between Naps on the front porch.net (eye candy for sure)
Tablescape Tuesday and Tablescape Thursday (more eye candy).
I try to use some of their ideas. Of course I could never afford to do the whole thing.

Hatfield, that is a Turkey 21 pounds.

I am afraid Jodi might not have Turkey. I can't remember what S.Joe serves.

So there we were....2 young newlyweds preparing our very first Thanksgiving Dinner together.
A nice quiet intimate affair just by ourselves.

Things were going smoothly, as my wife was preparing all the side dishes like Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy, Sweet Potatoes with Syrup, etc., while my main job was "The Bird".

We had a nice large one that I had pulled out of the freezer 3 days prior and had put in the fridge for 3 days. I had planned well, and knew it needed plenty of time to thaw. I had even torn off the instructions that come with the bird and had already read it over and over. Things were going well.

I washed the bird carefully and even knew enough to search for and find the giblets, goblets, and other strange surprises that were in all the orifices of the bird. Those surprises of course went right in the trash because we had no idea what else to do with them....LOL

Once the bird was thoroughly cleaned, I wiped it down with a nice coating of oil, and put it in a large pan and in the 325 degree oven it went. At the proper elapsed time, out it came.

FINALLY.
Everything is perfect. All the fixens and a hot steaming bird right square in the middle of our nice quaint kitchen table.

Then, as the man of the house (me...LOL), began to make that first perfect slice into the bird,
HORROR sets in!!!
I could not get the knife through??? WTH??? I tried off to the left, and same thing....Bone or something??? WTH???
Then, it hit me.....Could it be??? Yes, you fool.....you cooked the damn thing upside down!!!

Problem immediately solved, and we proceeded to have a great 1st Thanksgiving dinner. The only drawback with the fatal error is the other side was not a nice golden brown, but it tasted great all the same....LOL :)

Checking in. A drizzly day here :rain cloud: . I haven't missed Missy. :jail:

Been following the missing Chelsea Bruck case in our local area. :confused:
------------
Hi, we had rain two days, may have been part of my accident. The Officer marked my ticket roads wet and rainy, it was. I hate winter.

Some really fun websites are:
Between Naps on the front porch.net (eye candy for sure)
Tablescape Tuesday and Tablescape Thursday (more eye candy).
I try to use some of their ideas. Of course I could never afford to do the whole thing.

Hatfield, that is a Turkey 21 pounds.

I am afraid Jodi might not have Turkey. I can't remember what S.Joe serves.
---------
Hopefully the carp from inside the bird. She doesn't even deserve that. I feel sorry for the poor bird~you know going inside that filthy mouth with bloodstained hands.:turkey:

I have heard cooking birds breast side down is good because all the juices run to the breast. You may have invented this method of cooking.
Yes Nore, that Winter is terrible. That is why I moved to the warm and never have been sorry. I can look at the snow on tv or go up north for season changes. I feel for you all that have those horrible winters. We are going to be 85 today and 88 tomorrow.

Jodi will probably have mystery meat again.

I was watching some of the videos that YorN put up regarding 23 hours in isolation, or whatever it is called.
It sure seems to me Jodi isn't getting that or it is not as bad as was shown at other places. I know Perryville will be worse but I don't think she has had it that bad these last 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams