SIDEBAR #35 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a trace sketch of a picture from the trial. Notice the chair she is in. Also Ive seen pictures from this phase that look very close to that so my guess is its another trace/sketch of a picture. Sometime next week I may try to find the picture from the trial photos.

She is a trace artist IMO as most all her drawings are done from other originals or pictures.

I will grant her that she can trace good. But I havent seen any real originals from her and I doubt she can do well at that.
JMO of course.

Actually, I think she did a pretty good job.
It's hard to do a self portrait from a live person - have to keep looking into a mirror :blushing:
Portraits are hard to do, and most portraits are done from photographs.
It's not too often one does a portrait sitting anymore.
Yeah, you can find them on the internet but most portrait artists use pictures.

P.S. please no tomatoes :tomato:
Her artwork seems to be improving (it should, she has enough time on her hands)
Not that I would want to buy it or that erases what she did, just an opinion/observation of mine :moo:

But..............all she did was copy over a photo of herself:

AP_jodi_arias_3_jtm_141021_4x3_992.jpg

So I guess you could say her tracing skills are getting better?

Please say a prayer, light a candle, or send warm wishes to my community. Since Thanksgiving we have had a slew of deaths with our youth. A triple murder-suicide, two auto accidents, an overdose that is beginning to look like a homicide, a 6 year old seizure victim, and this morning another car accident. I know a couple of the families. My nieces are 12 and 18 and knew most of them thru church or school. Sadness is everywhere lately.

May your community find peace within each other to console.
May your nieces find peace to be their comfort.
May all those who've passed recently rest in peace.
Prayers for a sliver of hope and a sparkle of joy this Christmas season.
God Bless and Amen.

:peace: :bee: :grouphug:
Peace be with you all.

Yeah and she doesn't know what the word 'original' means either. :facepalm:

Yes CMJA art customers, this is an "original sketch" of a photo that's already in existence! But it's an original concept and it's sketched out as it's not the finished product.

Once it's done and finished it will look like this! Oh wait, will she file a motion to dismiss her case because she claims the court photographer copied her idea?
View attachment 65409http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/AP_jodi_arias_3_jtm_141021_4x3_992.jpg

Wonder what @TomTingle2 thinks of this.
vy9goXO.png

But..............all she did was copy over a photo of herself:

AP_jodi_arias_3_jtm_141021_4x3_992.jpg

So I guess you could say her tracing skills are getting better?

You found the EXACT picture....how does she get a pic of herself in jail? Does she get the newspaper if it is printed or is someone sneaking pics in for her?

Nurmi's upset about Jodis interviews? I doubt he would admit being upset at Jodi for letting Flores obtain hours of taped interviews without an attorney present. Jodi admitted to having Travis password and also said Travis left his door unlocked. It could be said Jodi set Travis up if there was anything on his computer.

Personally, I do not think she traces - she may use the pictures to draw from, but many artists do that.
Not many artists draw just from their imagination and start with a blank canvas. Most people will look at something to draw - is that copying?
I think the self portrait has too many differences to be traced - and if one thinks it's traced, then she did a pretty good job.
I'm not sure how she would be able to trace seeing she's in jail - tracing paper or overhead projector - I don't know ? What size is her artwork?
I do not like her, but I do think she has some talent - could her pictures hang between Picasso and Monet, ummm :thinking::doh::floorlaugh: NO!

It's just my opinion on her artwork :truce:
I don't think she should be able to make money from it - if she's dong it to pass the time so be it.

Personally, I do not think she traces - she may use the pictures to draw from, but many artists do that.
Not many artists draw just from their imagination and start with a blank canvas. Most people will look at something to draw - is that copying?
I think the self portrait has too many differences to be traced - and if one thinks it's traced, then she did a pretty good job.
I'm not sure how she would be able to trace seeing she's in jail - tracing paper or overhead projector - I don't know ? What size is her artwork?
I do not like her, but I do think she has some talent - could her pictures hang between Picasso and Monet, ummm :thinking::doh::floorlaugh: NO!

It's just my opinion on her artwork :truce:
I don't think she should be able to make money from it - if she's dong it to pass the time so be it.

I think she traces.

YDE7obi.gif

http://i.imgur.com/YDE7obi.gif
(animated .gif may not display properly on Tapatalk)

You found the EXACT picture....how does she get a pic of herself in jail? Does she get the newspaper if it is printed or is someone sneaking pics in for her?

Probably Maria De La Cha Cha, Cougarlouscious, or whatever she's calling herself.

But, who knows, CMJA might not even be doing the drawing. For the life of me, I don't know of any Arizona jail (not prison) that allows colored pencils or paper suitable for doing "art". The amount of photos one can have in their cell is also limited and you definitely can't get the newspaper.

Could she be doing her art work in the court room? Could be. De La Cha Cha could be supplying her with her supplies there, no problem with having a cavity search if CMJA leaves her stuff with the DLCC during breaks and recess, and she doesn't have to find a way to sneak it out of jail.

Sorry about your finger, hope it heals quickly!

To answer your question, the DT ran off into the weeds and JSS followed them and it seems they are all searching for a missing golf ball.

BBM What a clever assessment :)

DaisyD, I HAD to put that on twitter, LMAO!

I think she traces.

YDE7obi.gif

http://i.imgur.com/YDE7obi.gif
(animated .gif may not display properly on Tapatalk)

That's great that you are able to do this - I would not be able to with my computer skills.
But... I still will have questions - what is the size of her drawing compared to the picture she drew/traced from?
Again, how is she tracing? Is she using tracing paper, we know it's not projector or something like that - and in the big picture (lol, no pun intended)
does it matter if she does trace (even though I don't think so) - the shading is well and is still a decent portrait.

I know my opinion is not in the majority - and that's ok :blushing:

Probably Maria De La Cha Cha, Cougarlouscious, or whatever she's calling herself.

But, who knows, CMJA might not even be doing the drawing. For the life of me, I don't know of any Arizona jail (not prison) that allows colored pencils or paper suitable for doing "art". The amount of photos one can have in their cell is also limited and you definitely can't get the newspaper.

Could she be doing her art work in the court room? Could be. De La Cha Cha could be supplying her with her supplies there, no problem with having a cavity search if CMJA leaves her stuff with the DLCC during breaks and recess, and she doesn't have to find a way to sneak it out of jail.

BBM: You could be on to something - I question how she is able to do her artwork, tracing or not she's still completing pictures somehow.

And selling them :gaah:

That's great that you are able to do this - I would not be able to with my computer skills.
But... I still will have questions - what is the size of her drawing compared to the picture she drew/traced from?
Again, how is she tracing? Is she using tracing paper, we know it's not projector or something like that - and in the big picture (lol, no pun intended)
does it matter if she does trace (even though I don't think so) - the shading is well and is still a decent portrait.

Ah heck, Ruby, it's cool! The "amazing" thing is she's asking $500 for that, LOL!

Actually, I think she did a pretty good job.
It's hard to do a self portrait from a live person - have to keep looking into a mirror :blushing:
Portraits are hard to do, and most portraits are done from photographs.
It's not too often one does a portrait sitting anymore.
Yeah, you can find them on the internet but most portrait artists use pictures.

P.S. please no tomatoes :tomato:
Her artwork seems to be improving (it should, she has enough time on her hands)
Not that I would want to buy it or that erases what she did, just an opinion/observation of mine :moo:

BBM Nothing will erase what she did, but I think you are being fair with her (even tho' she doesn't deserve it :().

You are right about portrait artists using photos; most artists use them because it's much easier than someone "sitting", more convenient for all involved, and takes less time.

I attended the High School of Music and Art in NYC for art for a year- before we moved to Upstate NY. I was very interested in drawing/painting portraits and just love people's faces, so I know the process of drawing (I was more interesting in oil painting tho', but I haven't had any schooling in it- I'm better at drawing). I'm not as "good" as missy :jail:, IMO. I was disillusioned with my art because my best friend, who attended the same high school for music, told me I was just a "copier" and not "original" because I could/can only copy the faces/things (I couldn't just pull a face or anything out of my mind- I actually had/have to see it). At that time, I thought I was a failure as an artist (even now, my older son has said that I am only a "copier" :( ), but I have come to realize that realistic portraits are only copies of faces anyway and I did not understand that at the time (although oils are different- there could be more expressive). I don't understand how I let someone undermine me about my art, but I was very young then (I don't let anyone do that now tho'). I know it may seem that I am sympathizing with missy:jail: because of my life experiences, and I guess I am, but I'm only trying to be fair in her case and not look at the terrible thing she did- just looking, commenting on her art skills.

She did a marvelous job this time- her face isn't "flat " looking and oddly shaped like her previous drawings (but that could be just her style or her signiture look) and except for the heavy shading on the cheek area- which isn't necessary and too heavy-handed, IMO, it's realistic.

I wonder if she starts out with a grid or some tracing paper- that helps when drawing portraits- and a kneaded rubber eraser or just her finger for shading / lightening areas? These drawings take many hours of work (and she has lots of those). The hair alone must have taken a lot of her time- it's very realistic and the glasses are very good. And with what she has in pencils, it's really good, IMO (there are different types/grades of pencils that help with drawing and I don't think she has a choice as she only has those little, nubby things-just probably a #2 pencils).

It's really a sin that she didn't take her drawing seriously- she could have made a living with her gift and supported herself with some kind of portrait business- possibly online. It's too late now - unless she is able to continue her drawing in prison, but I don't think she could develop some kind of business and doesn't deserve it anyway, IMO.

hyperrealistic-pencil-portraits-by-diegokoi-art-4.jpg

(portrait by Diego Fazio)

Hyperrealistic Portraits Using Only a Pencil

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/04/hyperrealistic-portraits-using-pencils-diegokoi/ )
--------------------------------

Portrait Tutorial - How to Draw a Face Step by Step

portrait_18.jpg

(portrait by Duey)

http://www.dueysdrawings.com/portrait_tutorial.html

missy:jail: has a long way to go to draw something like this (but she's getting there, IMO) and she doesn't have the option of different photos except from magazines and such, so I give her a little slack there- there's still skills involved in "copying" a photo and her skills are not that bad, IMO. (These are just my thoughts on her art alone and not about what I think about her as a person; I do think she has a gift that she has wasted.)

And BTW- pencils are graphite- just saying.

:tomato::tomato::tomato:

Please say a prayer, light a candle, or send warm wishes to my community. Since Thanksgiving we have had a slew of deaths with our youth. A triple murder-suicide, two auto accidents, an overdose that is beginning to look like a homicide, a 6 year old seizure victim, and this morning another car accident. I know a couple of the families. My nieces are 12 and 18 and knew most of them thru church or school. Sadness is everywhere lately.

So sorry for all this sadness. :(
I'll definitely be praying.

There are lots of ways to enlarge and reduce the size of a photo. Maybe she uses a grid. Who knows, it's possibly not traced or even copied and she might have an excellent eye. But I did not change the angle or anything of the photo, I just changed the scale to show how exactly the drawing matches the original photograph.

I agree, her drawings have a very nice, even texture and she's able to reproduce the shading of the photos she copies very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove