SIDEBAR #36 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Wildblue satellite, which is a subsidiary of Dish (for TV). I don't know if Wildblue is just for Upstate NY for people in the sticks???

I wouldn't change to satellite, IMO, because of how limited I am in bandwidth- drives me nuts :gaah:. I have the middle tier in price range and pay $95+ per month just for the internet and I can't even view any streaming, any YTubes that are over 20 min or so- any downloading affects how I may use the computer as Wildblue will slow my computer to a crawl if I am reaching my limit. (reminds me of Dial-Up was when I first used a computer in Pa.- except slower :( ) I can buy more bandwidth, but damn if I'm going to spend more $.

I do not have the major stations (ABC, CBS, PBS, etc or any local new stations) because of the very tall trees across the road from my house. If it snows too much and the small dish has snow on it, I have no internet and have to go out and brush the snow off the dish. If there is too much "weather", in general. I have no internet. Bah. :(

I would love to have cable again.

Hello fellow satellite user :) I would like to give you a handy tip for wintertime snow + ice.

I have Directv for TV, but luckily I have fiberoptic through my telephone Co for internet.

When it snows or especially ice storms, I lose my TV pictures because of buildup of snow + ice on the satellite dish. Here is what I do. I have an industrial grade pump sprayer bottle that I bought at Lowes. It has a handle and large plastic water bottle that holds over a gallon of water. What I do is fill it up with extermely hot water and then I pump up the bottle with air pressure because it has that feature. Then I set the setting of the nozzle to FINE and shoot the hot water at the dish to remove all the ice + snow. It works wonders.

When its really cold outside it is best to get as close as possible to the dish because the outside temp will cool the water spray before it reaches the dish when you are too far away. So I like to get my step ladder and shoot at it as close as possible. But you can do it from the ground if you want. It may take longer that way though to clear the ice snow.

If you use really hot water, it melts it really fast.

Warning though. If there is large sheet of ice on it, dont stand directly under it when the ice breaks free and crashes to the ground. (spoken from experience....LOL)

I've also been known to throw buckets of hot water at the dish in a fit of rage....LOL

Regarding JA as an 'artist'... well, I don't think her drawings are very good. I can say that since she does like to draw, paint and take photographs that she should have focused on using her ' artistic passion' for good rather than evil. See what she did with her love of the camera? She used it so cruelly, so barbarically to capture the look of terror on Travis' face just before she began her attack. This hauntingly cruel act came back to sting her as evidence of premeditated murder.

She won't quit or learn her lesson though. Now she uses her supposed love for art as a mitigating factor. What a joke. She should be allowed to live because she can trace? Hitler was a great artist... I doubt she could follow my argument to its logical conclusion. It's a disgrace and an insult to common sense that she present such pathetic mitigating factors. She should be on knees begging for forgiveness for murdering Travis in cold-blood and then she should ask for help. Help for having a personality disorder, for having no heart, no conscience. Perhaps someone ought to let Arias know that we, in the civilized and sane world do not allow lunatics to run the asylum.
---------
I wish someone with the ability to draw could do drawings of Travis , put them up and sell them as a tribute to Travis. The money could be given as a gift to the Alexander family .:blowkiss: I realize this no doubt would be against rules , legal mumbo jumbo and all . Let JA. see all and no doubt just about chit herself.:gaah: . Me? I cant even draw flies..:seeya:

Hello fellow satellite user :) I would like to give you a handy tip for wintertime snow + ice.

I have Directv for TV, but luckily I have fiberoptic through my telephone Co for internet.

When it snows or especially ice storms, I lose my TV pictures because of buildup of snow + ice on the satellite dish. Here is what I do. I have an industrial grade pump sprayer bottle that I bought at Lowes. It has a handle and large plastic water bottle that holds over a gallon of water. What I do is fill it up with extermely hot water and then I pump up the bottle with air pressure because it has that feature. Then I set the setting of the nozzle to FINE and shoot the hot water at the dish to remove all the ice + snow. It works wonders.

When its really cold outside it is best to get as close as possible to the dish because the outside temp will cool the water spray before it reaches the dish when you are too far away. So I like to get my step ladder and shoot at it as close as possible. But you can do it from the ground if you want. It may take longer that way though to clear the ice snow.

If you use really hot water, it melts it really fast.

Warning though. If there is large sheet of ice on it, dont stand directly under it when the ice breaks free and crashes to the ground. (spoken from experience....LOL)

I've also been known to throw buckets of hot water at the dish in a fit of rage....LOL

BBM I don't know why this made me burst out laughing :silly: when I read it- maybe I could just see you in a "fit of rage" because I'm always in a rage about my internet provider. :boohoo:
The snow on the dish is not really a problem because the TV satellite is attached to the electrical pole and it's not so high up that you can use a broom to brush the snow off- it's just tramping around in the deep snow at the back of the house where the dish for the internet is on a separate metal pole- in the dark sometimes -to brush off the snow that's annoying. :( But I thank you for the info and the laugh. :)

My phone co, Verizon, offers DSL, but we don't have the lines here for that in the boondocks (or so my son tells me) and would only be able to get dial-up. Bah. :(

B4wl0aiCQAAXJs-.jpg
link

---------
I wish someone with the ability to draw could do drawings of Travis , put them up and sell them as a tribute to Travis. The money could be given as a gift to the Alexander family .:blowkiss: I realize this no doubt would be against rules , legal mumbo jumbo and all . Let JA. see all and no doubt just about chit herself.:gaah: . Me? I cant even draw flies..:seeya:

How are your hands now, gramma? Better I guess since you are back posting?
Glad to see you back. :loveyou:

Jodi Arias Once Again Stares Death In The Face

"...If Arias does receive the death penalty, she will likely spend the next 12 to 15 years on death row as her appeals work their way through the courts.

The other two options are life in prison without the possibility of release and life in prison with release eligibility after 25 years. The latter, all three experts agree, is unlikely.

"No one should feel cheated if Jodi Arias does not get the death penalty," Hamm said. "I don't think she has a hair's breadth of a chance of getting the 25-year sentence, and there is no doubting that a life sentence is a severe penalty."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/20/jodi-arias-sentence_n_5998622.html

What a strange society we live in? People actually flock to murderers. No wonder the darn aliens don't visit anymore :( I miss them #JodiArias :cuckoo:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Niner thank you for your kind thoughts. I am a bit better but my "paw" is taking a long time to heal. Managed to wrap most of my gifts and I'm thankful! Take care , Merry Christmas.:christmastree:

The Christmas Can-Can :christmastree:

[video=youtube;1ZveAyEMWJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZveAyEMWJ0[/video]

Thanks - I'll stick with cable $65 per month - really no problems to complain about.
Except.....(lol) the price, for "new" customers it can be $35 per month, why not for existing customers.
That's my beef with cable company.

Could switch to ATT but it would be at a slower speed. Would need to return equipment, and then pay
for the installation of ATT - eh, why bother.

For the difficulties you have with electronic equipment the nature and landscape probably makes up for it,
and that, to me, makes it all worth while.

Call and complain about the discrepancy in price. Threaten to change providers, may not work, but IF you don't ask....you don't get.

I kept my maiden name so we have switched back and forth from time to time, just to keep them honest. Even had it in my parents name for a while. ;D

Penny saved is one red cent I still have.

MDLR

Just practicing so I don't forget how to do this.

I hope someone can help me. Amys friend has a grampa missing!! Amy read an article which said he is listed on WS.. His last name is Gibbs lives in Arkansas , might be Ft. Smith. I cant find it but you all know I am one brick short of a load ~ in a good way.:lol:

I hope someone can help me. Amys friend has a grampa missing!! Amy read an article which said he is listed on WS.. His last name is Gibbs lives in Arkansas , might be Ft. Smith. I cant find it but you all know I am one brick short of a load ~ in a good way.:lol:

AR - William "Bill" Gibbs, 62, Stuttgart, 27 November 2014

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Bill-quot-Gibbs-62-Stuttgart-27-November-2014

AR-141139995.jpg&MaxW=315&MaxH=315

Link: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com...39995/AR/0/AR-141139995.jpg&MaxW=315&MaxH=315

Stuttgart searching for missing teen, adult man

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141207/NEWS/141209736
-----------------------
Family Searching For Missing Stuttgart Man

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...ng-stuttgart-man/34441/RX12qj8c20uisHvKQ20ljQ

Call and complain about the discrepancy in price. Threaten to change providers, may not work, but IF you don't ask....you don't get.

I kept my maiden name so we have switched back and forth from time to time, just to keep them honest. Even had it in my parents name for a while. ;D

Penny saved is one red cent I still have.

Thanks, been there, done that.
The last time I complained, the cust.serv.rep. told me they will deny me (because of address) the new customer rate.
Reason being a fraudulent (some type) of hopper or jumper. Can't remember the name he called it. I told them they
are criminal with their prices. They got you by your lemons and they don't mind squeezing to make lemonade.
Anyway the quality of product is good, can't complain. Customer service is low and cost is high that's my complaint.

If I wasn't addicted to WS I could probably live without internet. In the past I would go to the local library and use their internet.
I do need the internet connection for my phone (magic jack) and you can't beat the price for that.

This is a bit strange to bring up, but I talked to a defense attorney acquaintance of mine a few months ago about this case, and he wanted me to agree that Nurmi/Willmott were doing a great job. This guy was tangentially involved in the Jonbenet Ramsey case years back. His name is mentioned in at least a couple of threads here on WS, and I think his wife (another acquaintance of mine at the time) has posted here. Why would he say that the defense was doing a good job? They have zilch. The evidence against this now convicted murderer is overwhelming. I tried to exit the subject, since it had nothing to do with why I contacted him in the first place after a good number of years.

This is a bit strange to bring up, but I talked to a defense attorney acquaintance of mine a few months ago about this case, and he wanted me to agree that Nurmi/Willmott were doing a great job. This guy was tangentially involved in the Jonbenet Ramsey case years back. His name is mentioned in at least a couple of threads here on WS, and I think his wife (another acquaintance of mine at the time) has posted here. Why would he say that the defense was doing a good job? They have zilch. The evidence against this now convicted murderer is overwhelming. I tried to exit the subject, since it had nothing to do with why I contacted him in the first place after a good number of years.

I am not a fan of the defense but I think nurmi is doing a good job, please don't kick me. He has nothing to work with, the first trial lasted 5 months and we are at 2 months for the retrial. All of this time is based on nothing.

I am not a fan of the defense but I think nurmi is doing a good job, please don't kick me. He has nothing to work with, the first trial lasted 5 months and we are at 2 months for the retrial. All of this time is based on nothing.

Yet is it a good thing to drag it out? Is that what criminal defense attorneys are supposed to do? I'm ignorant about all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX