SIDEBAR #38 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How interesting, I'm going to try that this weekend. Thanks NoseyP. :)
Eta: Do you squeeze out some of the liquid from the sock or do you leave it dripping wet? TIA

Oh, should have mentioned that. Squeeze it out - the smell is so pungent, it only takes a little.

Good morning everyone. I've lost track, IIRC there's no court today is there ? Can you believe the sideshow this DT has made of the courtroom ? And this judge allows it :gaah:. Well, at least she FINALLY denied their mistrial motions. About time wasn't it ? I was watching some clips of the first trial, (yes, I'm a martyr for punishment ) and every time JW objected and it was overruled, JW asked for a sidebar. Every. Time. And every time JSS allowed it. I'll never understand why she indulges the bratty DT so. Appeal issues they say.... bologney, I think this judge just has problems saying "no". I can't even begin to imagine how Travis' poor family feels enduring this day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. I guess it's not enough that they lost their brother, and know the pain, the suffering, the absolute horror he was put through before he took his last breath. :cry:

OT, we have some kind of varmint / varmints in our attic . My DH said it's a mouse, but I could hear it this morning and unfortunately it sounds slightly larger than an itty bitty mouse. I'm still trying to figure out what it was doing, when I woke up and heard the sound my first confused thought was " is that hail I hear ? ". Those glue traps he set out the other day obviously haven't worked. I asked him to set out live traps that are like a cage, but he didn't seem interested :rolleyes: So if anyone has any suggestions on catching these things I'm all ears. I prefer to do it compassionately but the bottom line is I don't want the things living in my house making mincemeat of our electrical wires and such. :notgood: I keep thinking there's got to be some way to just scare it off. :thinking:

ETA: Just saw your post that there's no court until the 20th. Thanks YorN :seeya:

Oh Needsaki....my husband said the same thing to me. We lived in a 100 year old salt box house for 4 years. Well, this house had almost 100 hornets nests in the attic...it could have been a third floor. We got rid of them, it was also infested with fleas that were in the linings of the drapes! Needless to say all that was taken care of before we moved in...a small town with little housing inventory and he was assigned to a business there for 4 years. This was the best house?!
Well one day I heard noises in the attic. Of course I am hearing things, except, the cat would sit at the attic door meowing, the dog would bark at the door and the boys heard it too.
One morning my hubby come in to say he is leaving for work and kiss me...I scream and throw the covers over my head. The boys scream. Yea hubby, all in my head. He goes to leave laughing at me until he walks down stairs and a B52 bomber hits his head. At first he did not know what it was...a few minutes later he is buzzed again. He gets down stairs and see blood all over the walls and drapes....BATS!
They would crawl up the house siding and get into the attic and somehow made their way into the furnace and come out the antique grating on the walls.

Then we find out the neighbor has bat houses in her attic and it is piled with bat poop! I freak out...bats stay outside not in...I am a camper but bats are not in my house!

So we got help and had the chimney covered with screens, the siding closed up where openings were unseen but there, and I put netting on all the heating grates.

Only then I learnd a few weeks later, a friend died from breathing in bat poop. He liked to go caving and from breathing in the bat poop, caught a disease and died.

So please put a mask on and gloves if you go searching for the critter yourself. I sure hope it is not bats!

Oh our current bug guy, bless him he does not laugh at me, said a mouse sounds like a squirrel, a squirrel sound like a cat....they always sound louder their actually size.

Good luck!

:scared:

I just read about it, how terrible. She had a concealed weapons permit, I just wonder why she didn't have the safety on and have the gun in a place where the child couldn't get to it. :(

Young children and un-secured weapons are a recipe for disaster. It makes you wonder how much of that CCW class the mom was paying attention to?

I can only think it was a hair trigger. Literally can't see how it could have happened, 2 year olds have such small hands, how could the child grip the weapon in any way to pull the trigger? Will have to go check out the thread........

Skunks in your walls ? :eek: Heaven forbid, I think I'd just :hills:

My husband caught a glimpse but claims he couldn't tell if it was a "mouse" (sounds bigger) or a "baby squirrel". Yeah, right, :rolleyes: like where there's a baby there's not gonna be a mama too, and probably more. We live in a housing community but there is an abundance of trees with lots of surrounding woods and there are squirrels everywhere. My dog will sit and look out the window waiting for them to come down into the yard so he can chase and "tree" them :wink: . I'm just so thankful he's never actually caught one. I like squirrels in spite of the fact that as you say they are messy, we have little holes all over where they hide their acorns, we have baby oak trees come up in our flower beds, and they get in my pot plants and dig the soil out of them so they can plant their nuts. Good thing I love nature, just not in my attic, lol. Now I'm trying to remember how we got rid of the squirrel that was in our attic a few years ago. :thinking:

Squirrels are not only messy but if they are in an attic they can be dangerous and destructive as well. They will chew into the homes electrical lines in the attic and it can start a fire or short out the power source. While squirrels are quite cute they really can be a pest. They make a mess of pinecones and drop a lot of the shavings in the yard.

The best way to keep them out of the attic from what I have heard is to have no trees close to the roof line or any limbs that may hangover giving them access to get into the attic. Plus make sure if there are places in the attic that has openings where they can come in to seal those off. They can chew holes in wood and so can rats.

Our home is surrounded by many tall trees since we live in a rural area but none of the limbs are close to our home. We see a lot of squirrels outside..especially in the pine trees and the Bradfords. We are surrounded by woods but the only rats we have ever seen are ones our outside cats brought up dead for us to see they had killed them. They have also killed squirrels occasionally as well.

We have had outside cats for about 10 years now and we use to see a snake every now and then but now we haven't even seen those either since the cats have been here except one time they killed one years ago and we caught them playing with the dead snake.

Hi everyone! :wave:

Just passing through to "see" what's up!

neesaki = I hope you get rid of whatever is up there!! Good Luck! :)

Okay - off to read other threads!

:seeya:

Oh - forgot - wanted to share with you all what I read in my Reader's Digest.

Remarkable Timing

*Mark Twain was born during an appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835 and died on the day of its next appearance in 1910.

*Abraham Lincoln created the Secret Service on April 14, 1865-the very same day he was shot at Ford's Theatre.

*John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on July 4, 1826 - exactly 50 years after signing the Declaration of Independence.

okay - now I'm off...

I just read about it, how terrible. She had a concealed weapons permit, I just wonder why she didn't have the safety on and have the gun in a place where the child couldn't get to it. :(

I swung by to check out the thread on this tragic accident for just a few minutes then decided it would be in my best interest to :escape: . I've learned that there are times that I just need to :ziplip: lest I get myself in big trouble. :facepalm:

I swung by to check out the thread on this tragic accident for just a few minutes then decided it would be in my best interest to :escape: . I've learned that there are times that I just need to :ziplip: lest I get myself in big trouble. :facepalm:

I'm still reading it, got side track for about an hour and got back into it.

>I'm not the kind of person that does anything productive in those types of situation, Arizona, previous CCW card holder, have a firearm w/me every time I leave the property, and Arizonan's are just a bunch of gun toting lunatics since it's no longer required to have a CCW to carry/conceal. It's a "cultural thing".<

The biggest problem with "Gun Deaths" is every statistic out there in includes one or more of the following: Officer involved shootings, criminal on criminal deaths, suicides, and Mass shootings. How do you find statistics on "unintended victims vs intended victims"? Is suicide classified as murder, accident, or ? Group the criminal shootings in one "pie chart" and law abiding gun owners in another (-Law Enforcement)

It's just going to go around and round in circles because no one, in any agency or association really defines what parameters they are including. And I don't know just how much I want to go out on a limb for the NRA. They have their agenda, just as the Brady people do.

Back to reading.............

This Sidebar with all you guys is my safe place, kind of like home. Now I'm worried about what I'll do after CMJA is finally sentenced and there is no more trials, no more Sidebar. Maybe something like a CMJA Trial Alumni thread? Or the Travis Alexander Justice thread ? Another thought, The Juan Martinez Fan Club thread :giggle:

ETA: Since Travis' life was taken, and justice for him is the real reason we're all here, that original second idea I had was a bad one. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. :(

ETA: Just one more idea :rolleyes: : We can just leave it the never ending Sidebar thread since I'm sure the self-entitled, cruel killer will be continually appealing and pulling who knows what annoying stunt to try to get attention. :tsktsk:

This Sidebar with all you guys is my safe place, kind of like home. Now I'm worried about what I'll do after CMJA is finally sentenced and there is no more trials, no more Sidebar. Maybe something like a CMJA Trial Alumni thread? Or the Travis Alexander Justice thread ? Another thought, The Juan Martinez Fan Club thread :giggle:

ETA: Since Travis' life was taken, and justice for him is the real reason we're all here, that original second idea I had was a bad one. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. :(

ETA: Just one more idea :rolleyes: : We can just leave it the never ending Sidebar thread since I'm sure the self-entitled, cruel killer will be continually appealing and pulling who knows what annoying stunt to try to get attention. :tsktsk:

Neesaki, last night I was thinking the SAME thing! What happens when this trial is over?!?!?!?! We have to have a "Sidebar"!!!! Kinda freaked me out!

Had a few thoughts for a name but they were kinda distasteful, been watching the twitter feed FAR too much the last few months! Maybe something like "Travis Alexander Appellate Watch"? Don't want to put CMJA in the title.........:gaah:

Still reading the Walmart tragedy thread. Sad, sad, sad.:tears:

BBM

I nearly made my tongue bleed at another thread. :banghead: For the first time ever I have put someone on ignore --- TMI :doh:

I totally agree, we need a place to hangout. I like "The Never-Ending Sidebar" :crush:

Jodi Arias Review

"Apparently the State of Arizona is still debating what to do about executing her. For what it’s worth I do agree about one thing with Kirk Nurmi, Jodi Arias’ lawyer: it’s never going to happen.

But first, a cautionary tale...."

https://strikelawyer.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/jodi-arias-review/

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...YNtExG0WUzYu3UJVcqmPT72qGXYe7ZNrRRHaq5DRFqLnQ

Neesaki, last night I was thinking the SAME thing! What happens when this trial is over?!?!?!?! We have to have a "Sidebar"!!!! Kinda freaked me out!

Had a few thoughts for a name but they were kinda distasteful, been watching the twitter feed FAR too much the last few months! Maybe something like "Travis Alexander Appellate Watch"? Don't want to put CMJA in the title.........:gaah:

Still reading the Walmart tragedy thread. Sad, sad, sad.:tears:

BBM I stopped by to read that thread too, but too controversial for me. :bigfight:

How about just The Sidebar- since this is a crime website and the resulting trials always have sidebars. :thinking:

Bernina, that video was great! I love it, "she even lies about the lies" too funny!!!!

I thought it was funny that WaT was mentioned at the end, Lol!:happydance:

"Trolls!!!!" ZOMG, I laughed so hard. Definitely one of the best spoof videos ever. Thanks, Bernina!

P.S. I didn't find the vid offensive; this trial is offensive; Jodi Arias is offensive, her defense team is way beyond offensive.

"The Sidebar"...............sounds like a plan!

Welp, got to page 17 on the other thread. Just have to say, I'm glad we all have specific freedoms according to US Constitution, State and local laws. I'm glad I live in Arizona. I'm incredibly thankful that my State laws allow me a bit more choices than other States.
And I'm terribly heartbroken that a women lost her life in a momentary lapse of judgement. But, I don't believe "human error" is a justifiable reason to make more laws. Unfortunately, this woman made quite a few "human errors" and paid the ultimate price. She was trained, "legal", experienced, and in just a few seconds the culmination of these errors brought about a tragedy.

I hope that members with firearms and those seeking to own firearms take this as a "learning lesson", a cautionary albeit tragic tale. "Could of, should of, would of" doesn't matter, no one else was harmed in Walmart, what's done is done. There are plenty of safety measures and laws out there. The family has many years of healing to go through.

It would be great if for just once, gun owners and non-gun owners could come together and have a meaningful dialogue.

Just my humble opinion.........

I was doing a search and ended up at a site call inmate aid. I entered stabby&#8217;s name and it listed her at the Arizona State Prison Complex - ASPC Douglas, Cochise County with her Estrella Inmate number. I cliched on her name, thinking her mug shot would come up but instead 5 pics came up, two of them with Travis. I read that Estrella allows inmates to have 5 pics and I bet these are the 5 pics she has in her cell. First she tortures him, slaughters and butchers him and then keeps pics of him in her cell. She just can&#8217;t let him RIP ... this is sick.

https://www.inmateaid.com/inmate-profiles/jodi-arias-19319

Good morning everyone. I've lost track, IIRC there's no court today is there ? Can you believe the sideshow this DT has made of the courtroom ? And this judge allows it :gaah:. Well, at least she FINALLY denied their mistrial motions. About time wasn't it ? I was watching some clips of the first trial, (yes, I'm a martyr for punishment ) and every time JW objected and it was overruled, JW asked for a sidebar. Every. Time. And every time JSS allowed it. I'll never understand why she indulges the bratty DT so. Appeal issues they say.... bologney, I think this judge just has problems saying "no". I can't even begin to imagine how Travis' poor family feels enduring this day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. I guess it's not enough that they lost their brother, and know the pain, the suffering, the absolute horror he was put through before he took his last breath. :cry:

OT, we have some kind of varmint / varmints in our attic . My DH said it's a mouse, but I could hear it this morning and unfortunately it sounds slightly larger than an itty bitty mouse. I'm still trying to figure out what it was doing, when I woke up and heard the sound my first confused thought was " is that hail I hear ? ". Those glue traps he set out the other day obviously haven't worked. I asked him to set out live traps that are like a cage, but he didn't seem interested :rolleyes: So if anyone has any suggestions on catching these things I'm all ears. I prefer to do it compassionately but the bottom line is I don't want the things living in my house making mincemeat of our electrical wires and such. :notgood: I keep thinking there's got to be some way to just scare it off. :thinking:

ETA: Just saw your post that there's no court until the 20th. Thanks YorN :seeya:

If you will try some peppermint oil on cotton balls up in the areas you hear them, they will vamoose! Rodents detest the smell of peppermint and will avoid it like the plague.. http://how-to-get-rid-of-mice.com/peppermint-oil/ Much better than killing them.

If you will try some peppermint oil on cotton balls up in the areas you hear them, they will vamoose! Rodents detest the smell of peppermint and will avoid it like the plague.. http://how-to-get-rid-of-mice.com/peppermint-oil/ Much better than killing them.

Peppermint oil works well - but if you have pets, don't put it anywhere they can get to it. Peppermint oil will chase them but I'm not sure it permanently gets rid of them. I use have a heart trap baited with chocolate. Mice LOVE chocolate.

Oh, should have mentioned that. Squeeze it out - the smell is so pungent, it only takes a little.

Ok, my DH did this earlier this evening, the only thing / possible problem, it was dark and we couldn't actually watch to see if they came out. :sheesh: Should we have done it during the day ? IDK, doesn't matter anyway, as that's how my DH is, he won't wait, LOL. Well, hopefully it works, if not, we'll do it again at a different time. Will let you know how it turns out. :)

So thank you NoseyP, and also Spellbound, MsJosie, Bernina, and OceanBlueEyes for your input and suggestions on our varmint problem. I can use all the help you have to give, and will put it to good use.

ETA: Just saw your posts, thank you too Zza Zza and Sweet Fox.
Love to all. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member