SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone probably posted this earlier but the FB site State vs Jodi Arias plans to post the sealed court docs once verdict is handed down and they can access/load.

:drumroll::drumroll::drumroll: . . . I can't wait to see these !

:seeya: And thanks for this update ... I read there all the time !

:seeya: The same thing has been happening to me -- for a while now -- not sure why that happens ... I hit re-fresh but it doesn't work all the time ...

So consider yourselves :tyou:

Me too. The Thanks will work but then when I refresh, it's gone. :(

Looking at the list, I see coaxial cable as an option ... please don't tell me these maximum security inmates have cable TV ? Can't they just give them an old rabbit ears antenna ?

I also noted that they get a pretty good price for New Balance shoes! A bit of trivia: New Balance is one of the companies that donated $1million to the fund for those injured/killed in the Boston Bombing!

:seeya: The same thing has been happening to me -- for a while now -- not sure why that happens ... I hit re-fresh but it doesn't work all the time ...

So consider yourselves :tyou:

Thanks, I don't ignor people who answer me............my button just doesn't work
:banghead:

kpm - I'm from Michigan, also. By chance is your first name Kathy & your last name VERY Italian?

Ha ha ha....not a Kathy but I am Italian but my last name would never indicate that!

Would it be backed out or maybe it's that they are scared of Juan's cross...I read somewhere that Patti has a little, umm, history with the law. NOt sure though so don't take my word. But I'm thinking this is why the defense has changed their mind...I don't think it's necessarily that she backed out....

I believe a few days in one of our threads, PW arrest history was posted. Sorry, but I can not remember which thread. It may be one that has already been closed. Rumors were flying she dressed inappropriately last Thursday at court. Cut off shorts and a skimpy top. Rumor was also she flipped Juan the bird. Rumors were she was intoxicated or under the influence. Who knows.
I wouldn't testify either if I was her. Juan would rip her a new one.

when JVM was in that death row cell, I had a moment of extreme anxiety, after all the books I've read...after Scott Peterson...after all the shows...

I suddenly felt compassion for jodi...

I would kill myself if I had to sit in a room like that with no outside contact for 23 hours a day, I guess she would have a tv?

I feel like she is so mentally ill...not crazy, but sick...

it's for the people of AZ to decide....I wish there was like something in between life in prison and death row...

death row lite? idunno she totally deserves the DP...but she is sort of not in reality....

yes, I guess if I had to choose....:fence:

I can't bring myself to have any compassion for JA at all. The autopsy/crime scene photos are burned into my mind and I will never get past that, no matter what she says. The VIS highlighted what damage she has done to this family. They will live in their own private hell, to some extent, for the rest of their lives over Travis' death. Their family has a permanent hole now that can never be filled so let her rot in her own private hell and if that happens to be death row, so be it.

CMJA, with female police officer, light bulb moment about using the media

JA: You know of course I don’t want to be portrayed as a cold blooded murderer.

FO This is kind of a pause, you know before things start getting heavy. This is an opportunity to help yourself out. When the jury looks at it, those are the things they are going to be mulling around in their mind when they decide what type of sentence to hand out or when they make a recommendation to the judge. Those are the sorts of the things that turn a jury and the jury’s sometimes can be fickle, but I’ve never seen a case with so much concrete hard evidence. We don’t need you to tell us anything. I’m doing this for you. Arizona’s case goes no matter what. They got a rock solid case. So what you say is basically irrelevant to their case, not irrelevant, but umm…it’s not going to make it any better for them. But it can certainly help you out.

JA: How can it help me? I mean how can what I tell you today affect the media?

FO: Umm…you take control of this situation as much as you can and paint whatever kind of picture you want to paint of yourself. Nobody is going to believe that you didn’t do it after they see the evidence. It’s just it is what it is, but it’s a matter of do you want to take control of your situation and paint the picture of who you are, ‘cause you’re the only one that knows that, or do you want the media to…to take the evidence, all of the facts and the information and paint their own picture of you, and as smart as you are, you know as well as I do that the media doesn’t like to paint warm and fuzzy pictures. They would much rather paint the vicious cold blooded killer because that sells. Am I right?

JA: Mmm hmm.

Howdy...is it still 10:30a Phoenix start time? I know it's on here somewhere but just need a quick answer. Thanks!

I thought the 2 were borrowed from DB. Maybe he told it when police questioned him.

that's what i think. he told them she came by to get gas cans, not realizing how key that info would be to premeditation.

I read a post a few days before (sorry I can't remember the poster!) with the idea that the Alexander family should conveniently not show up to hear Jodi and DB's petty statements. The lack of their attention would certainly burn Jodi to the core. What do you guys think? Would it be better for the Alexanders to stay out of the courtroom for today?

I hope they don't give her the satisfaction.

This is awesome. You know, isn't there a lot of tax and legal stuff you have to do if you plan on selling things for charity in the manner Jodi is? I could be wrong about that but either way isn't it a huge no-no to say you're donating proceeds to charity and then doing something else with it?

You are correct. Years ago I did some pro bono work for a dog rescue group and there are regulations about how you can solicit donations. The laws vary by state. I'm not sure if/when/to what extent those laws are enforced, though.

I hate to say this, but if one of my old friends murdered someone in this manner, I would not speak on their behalf in Court. I just wouldn't want my name associated in anyway. Much less, if we haven't talked in years, I probably know nothing of them currently, so what difference would it make? I tend to forget people that are gone from my life for years, call me shallow, but my mind just forgets. Of course, I would not be doing t.v. interviews either.

As far as it being legal or not to say you are donating funds to a charity, I'm not sure, but would say it is not. However, JA is not responsible for that website, what it says, what it does. That is her *friend* doing that. Even if JA tells the adult friend to do it, any repercussions fall on the person doing it, not the person that is in 23 hour lockdown with no access to a computer. The adult friend can simply choose not to do it and put herself in danger of breaking any laws "on behalf of anyone." That doesn't hold up in Court, so don't do it.

are they allowed to smoke in their cells, like chain smoke if they want? the air must be blue with smoke.

Smoking is not allowed indoors in the jails and prisons.

100% Smokefree and Tobacco- Free Correctional Facilities
April 5, 2013

Federal

In July 2004, the Federal Bureau of Prisons made all facilities under its control 100% smokefree.
Correctional facility inmates, employees, and visitors must observe the policy.

The American Jail Association, the American Correctional Association, and the National Commission on Correctional Health (NCCHC) have adopted smokefree resolutions that promote smokefree policies in jails and prisons – these are recommendations not mandates.

States and Commonwealths

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree and tobacco-free indoors and outdoors on all grounds:
(see link below for states included)

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree indoors and outdoors on all grounds:

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree and tobacco-free indoors:

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree indoors:
Arizona

Link for information on each state listed under each section:
http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/100smokefreeprisons.pdf

Wow that's a really good question.

Probably deposing Darryl, don't know how they would know about him having any contact with JA during this time unless it was through her cell records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth