SIDEBAR #41 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That letter was just a "fill in the blank" in my opinion. Nothing about it appeared professionally done. You did see my earlier post with the example that could be used, yes?

I don't like any of those questions, I am afraid we have a very anti DP jury. This is sicking, I am not watching this trial anymore. This DT just gets away with everything. After that horrid performance by the screaming Nurmi, they come up with questions like that? I am afraid she will get LWP if Judge Stephens has her way and in fourteen years she will be out on the street to kill again. Such a tradgy.

Ok...........Arizona does NOT have a parole system in place for Life with Parole, it does NOT happen. CMJA will NOT get out anytime.

Judge Stephens can only give LWP or LWOP if there is a hung jury.

It has been assumed (possibly verified?) that there are 2 psychologists on the jury. Some of the jury questions seem to reflect that.

The DT isn't really getting away with anything. They are just using up "case law" for motions and delays which in the end will limit the amount of appeals they can pursue.

OMG- those questions were horrible- someone (or more) thinks she is mentally ill, IMO.
I don't like this answer at all:

"Do you consider BPD a mental illness or psychological disorder and why? It's a psychological disorder (same as metal illness)"

Why didn't Dr. Demarte explain the difference between a mental illness and a personality disorder in her answer? - that's so important. BDP is not a "mental illness" .
Oh crap. :( Another hung jury in the making.
I hope JM explains it to them again.

Ok...........Arizona does NOT have a parole system in place for Life with Parole, it does NOT happen. CMJA will NOT get out anytime.

Judge Stephens can only give LWP or LWOP if there is a hung jury.

It has been assumed (possibly verified?) that there are 2 psychologists on the jury. Some of the jury questions seem to reflect that.

The DT isn't really getting away with anything. They are just using up "case law" for motions and delays which in the end will limit the amount of appeals they can pursue.

BBM One has a BS in psychology, according to Monica Lindstrom:

"... One female, who appears to be in her 30s, has a B.S. in psychology and favors the death penalty but not in all circumstances. She leans more towards being neutral and would need to take it on a case-by-case basis. She believes the death penalty exists for a reason and that she could be fair..."

So- not a psychologist at all- not enough schooling.

http://ktar.com/305/1776840/Legally-Speaking-Who-are-the-jurors-deciding-the-fate-of-Jodi-Arias

I am really shocked that so many poster here are trashing Paul.:thinking: I think it's mean spirited and it makes me sad

A difference of opinion isn't trashing to me.

The jury he was on voted for life so I don't know how he 'knows' this jury is thinking DP. *shrug*

Anyway, off to catch up on today's malarkey. :)

Where's Bernina?

pics from today:

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 33m33 minutes ago
#JodiArias looks at jury Mon in her sentencing phase retrial. Dr. Janeen DeMarte on stand talking about psych tests

B9bycdsIYAAzXmw.jpg

--------------

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 31m31 minutes ago
Dr. Janeen DeMarte answers questions submitted by the jury in #JodiArias sentencing retrial in Phoenix Mon.

B9by3q1CAAIB6jm.jpg

----------------

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 29m29 minutes ago
Judge Sherry Stephens asks questions submitted by jury for Dr. Janeen DeMarte about psych tests done on #JodiArias

B9bzXnWCIAAyKQn.jpg

---------------

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 28m28 minutes ago
#JodiArias attorney #KirkNurmi asks Dr. Janeen DeMarte questions about personality disorder and mental state in Arias

B9b0FruCEAARBDx.jpg

---------------

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 27m27 minutes ago
#JuanMartinez questions Dr. Janeen DeMarte about #JodiArias and her mental state. Continuing sentencing retrial Mon.

B9b0lFlCEAEDvCb.jpg

Some late tweets:

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 45m45 minutes ago
@TrialDiariesJ not too jazzed about the juror q's. It could just be one juror tho the note taker in the 1st row is my guess #JodiArias

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 45m45 minutes ago
@TrialDiariesJ wonder what is going on with the jury? Hopefully the person with all the q's unrelated to mitigation gets the boot #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 33m33 minutes ago
Flores, Martinez and the Alexander sisters came out of chambers first. Then Nurmi, Willmott and Maria De la Rosa. No Judge, no Jodi.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 32m32 minutes ago
Stephens takes the bench. Nurmi gives her a case law cite.

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 13m13 minutes ago
#JodiArias sentencing retrial wraps up for the day Mon in Phoenix. Arias convicted of murder of #TravisAlexander

B9b4iQrIcAAmbmA.jpg

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 6m6 minutes ago
I left...#jodiarias

So- what does everyone think of the jurors' questions?

OT: This is where I come to share so bear with me.

My Hanoverian broodmare, who was in foal to the Hanoverian stallion, Bliss, went into premature labor. She was due March 23rd. The foal was born dead. She was a filly I had planned on naming Bernina, after our own Bernina here. She was dark bay with 3 white socks and a blaze.

I am just so sad. I had researched bloodlines and stallions forever, before choosing the fabulous Bliss. This foal was bred to jump and for athleticism. I am so blessed to have the best vet and trainer, who is also an equine nurse, to care for my mares as I am unable to. The stallion owner is devastated too, as she is really invested in her clients that choose her stallion for their mares and is just the nicest person.

This brings to the forefront, yet again, how precious life is on all levels: Human and animal. You can do everything right and sometimes, God has other plans.

My other broodmare, Amelia (Ceylon Star) is due to foal in late April/early May. I know she is having a colt, so hopefully she will have a healthy foal. I rescued her from the track as she developed a bone chip in her knee as a 2 yo, and could no longer race. In December, she colicked requiring 6K worth of surgery, while pregnant. I could have put her down, but took the chance on her. I just couldn't not have them try to save her, despite the fact I did not have 6K, especially before Christmas.

I am sure there is a lesson in all of this. Thank you for letting me share. I am just so deeply saddened. Xo

So sorry to hear of your loss. Life is precious, indeed. Sending good thoughts to your other mare for a healthy foal.

Look at this tweet:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 48m48 minutes ago
Juan, Flores, & Alexander sisters return from chambers. Sisters look somber. #jodiarias

I feel sick. Someone give me some hope please.

Look at this tweet:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 48m48 minutes ago
Juan, Flores, & Alexander sisters return from chambers. Sisters look somber. #jodiarias

I feel sick. Someone give me some hope please.

I'm feeling your sickness with you and I'm very worried about everything that happened today!

Where's Bernina?

*Respectfully snipped*

Out playing with da horsies!!!!!

Have you noticed, that no matter what Nurmi's physical state is in, thinner, a tad over weight, totally shaved head, with hair, facial hair, etc, etc.......... the man just can't pull off wearing a suit? He looks like he's always slept in it the night before

This..........

B9b0FruCEAARBDx.jpg

vs this:

B9b0lFlCEAEDvCb.jpg

Get what I mean?

I wonder if he buys them just "off the rack", no tailoring, whatever. And double buttons on your cuffs, is he wearing an Oxford shirt?

Nurmi, GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!! You're supposed to be a professional! Go to the Biltmore Fashion Park, or Scottsdale Fashion Square, Phoenix isn't a wasteland of nothing but Kmart's and Wally Worlds!:facepalm:

So- what does everyone think of the jurors' questions?

Not feeling very good about them. Seems like they were leaning in the direction of the DT. Sounded like they were believing in some of what KN was spewing!

I need massive amounts of chocolate right now :sigh:

Bernina

What does BK say about the questions?

Bernina

What does BK say about the questions?

Her video blog isn't up, and she didn't state any type of opinion on the questions.............although, when everyone left chambers (again, no mention of what TA's family or anyone else "looked" like) Nurmi was up talking to the Judge and cited a case: "Seacrest".

Goggle time!

The call/ text JW got must not have been good news, that may be why there is no trial tomorrow.

The jury being called in to see the judge, may be to see if there is any problem with them continuing into March. IMO the defense is trying to drag this on to have jurors drop out for a mistrial.

Then with the Alexander Family, JM and the defense all in chambers could be the judge letting them know about JW 'bad news' and why no trial tomorrow. Any delay is hard on The Alexander Family and if JW had a death that news....any death, is hard on them too.

Also, with an ill juror, a day off would be nice for them to get well. It could be a combinations of things.

I don't think it is anything more then that but we will have to wait for a leak to come out in the next 36 plus hours from the other side.

This question is horrible, too, IMO:

" How does dissociation play into Borderline Personality Disorder?
DeMarte: It's a technique to distance oneself from an environment that is anxiety provoking. One of the symptoms of BPD is dissociation and paranoia."

Dissociation? explains why she has her fog?

"...Other dissociative disorders include “psychogenic amnesia” (the inability to recall personally significant memories).."

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/dissociation-and-dissociative-disorders

"... many people who have experienced a traumatic event, such as physical or sexual abuse, may have some aspect of dissociation during the event itself and will be unable to recall details regarding their victimization..."

http://www2.nami.org/Content/Naviga...Illness/By_Illness/Dissociative_Disorders.htm

"...Dissociation flies in the face of pure logic and can appear irrational, illogical and counter-intuitive. Dissociation may mean believing or imagining that something very real does not exist or it can mean believing that something very false does. Whole blocks of memories can be ignored, rearranged or reinvented at a time...

People who dissociate may appear to behave like pathological liars. However, the difference is people who dissociate to a certain degree believe the lies they tell. Because for them, the lies are emotionally accurate, and are a true rendering of how they feel, rather than factually accurate..."

http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/Dissociation.html

Oh God- I'm sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members