SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having trouble with WS tonight? Every time I click on a new page, it kicks me off and I have to go through the whole 'getting on' process again? :banghead:

I've asked but with no response if the mods could give us a ON TOPIC thread because I think that is why so many court convos happen on the court observation thread.....cuz all the other threads have too many posts that aren't on topic...I realize these posts are allowed but for some people there are just too many posts to keep up with. JMHO
It wouldn't
matter...posters post off topic lots of times when they want to and complainers get ridiculed...I remember it specifically happening on the observers thread.

WagaraTapaTalk

:gasp:

You FAILED to report as ordered??!!!??!!!:scared:

Kidding. I didn't watch, either. And apparently Katie Wick said nothing too exciting anyway, so dinna fash yerself, lassie.

Hi Frayed :seeya:
Dinna fash yourself. I love that.
You wouldn't happen to be a fan of the Outlander Books series, would you?
A Scottish Historical, time-travel, love story of epic proportions, set in the late 1700's.
Diana Gabaldon is the Author.
Her beautiful, descriptive writing style is heads and shoulders above anything I've read.
Waiting for book 8, due next spring.
Each book is about 1000 pages of non-stop pleasure.
If anyone needs summer reading. This will be your new obsession.

I apologize for going off topic, thought sidebar allowed that.

The first rule about sidebar is never talk about sidebar

Talk about anything here...have a snack, a drink, put a quarter in the jukebox

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzqSYQ9X9U"]The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Hampton Live 1981 OFFICIAL - YouTube[/ame]

:goodpost: Thank you. It's tough to believe that both sides and the judge would make that kind of mistake. JSS's response was that of affirming a deadlock.

What doesn't make sense though is that if they were hopelessly deadlocked, why deliberate the rest of the day?

Well, if they were in fact deadlocked then it does make sense that they'd honor JSS's Allen instructions and continue the deliberation in the way she told them to. But what doesn't make sense is that a jury that's been so cohesive and patient would declare itself deadlocked after less than 2 hours?

Also, there were no more questions from the jury for rest of day.

I don't know but it seems like the rules provide for no discretion if the mitigating factors are ruled out and I cannot even imagine which of the 8 mitigators the jury could think outweighs the cruelty?

Ok I heard the judge .... But how would someone have access to the actual note
I'm confused.

My guess is someone is

things out and an investigation should be done.

I am really concerned that the reporter printed what juror submitted the question. By doing so, if anti-death penalty zealots or others willing to tamper with this jury were so inclined, he just made it easier who to target and that juror has no clue to be extra careful tonight. IRRESPONSIBLE journalism, IMHO. (sorry, but after KC case and my ever lingering doubt that something or someone didn't get to that jury, this is just how my mind works!) ALL IMHO.

Re: the jury question today. Did the judge answer their question? If so, what was the answer?

My DH says Jodi is completely transparent to him. He would give her the death penalty.
However, he thinks the real holdup with the jury not being unanimous yet is the issue of giving a young pretty woman the death penalty.

OMG, love me some Eric Church and Kenny!!! My kids so much wanted to get me tickets for Mom's day but I told them to save their money....Oh, I may have to order tickets....

My son found Eric Church on YouTube singing in the back of his pickup and we have followed him ever since.....I love it when he sings Springsteen (I mean was he even born yet....LOL)

Kenny....oh, yeah, his tractor is sexy! My #1 song to play when I'm drunk...and yes, I have to dance....LOL :rockon::rockon:

Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - YouTube

My son did the same. Loved him before anyone ever heard of him. And he is a cutie. And my cousin has been Kenny's chief pilot for 12 years. Their whole family knows him and says he is a hoot. Very very nice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q"]Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheel - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fWN6VvgKQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fWN6VvgKQ[/ame]

PEACE !!!

Similar, but not the same.

I vote for roundabouts over rotaries.

Roundabouts are less like intersections than rotaries due to the right-of-way maintained by the circulating vehicles.

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/words-language/difference-between-rotary-and-roundabout/

The scenario is different in roundabouts in the sense that the entering traffic will yield to the overall circulating traffic. This is one of the reasons why roundabouts are more efficient than rotaries during times of heavy traffic.

Unless I misunderstood what is quoted from the site, the DMV's Rules of the Road for rotaries here is the traffic inside the rotary always has the right of way and the traffic entering must always yield.

That isn't the way most people here treat the rotaries. It's more like, "OMGLETMEGONOWINCASEINEVERGETANOTHERCHANCE!!!"

I have sat back and observed for awhile; jumping in only when I felt I needed to share something. I have a couple of questions but didn't know where the appropriate place was do ask...

1) What is "downstairs" or chat in the private areas? It sounds all secret squirrel...Do I need a decoder ring?

2) Other than this area/thread we're in now, where else can one talk about just "stuff" case related and otherwise?

Lastly I wondered if any of you ever TRULY aimed for the circles with the lawn darts? I got bored of that quickly and moved on to neighbor kids and siblings. Oh and what about croquet mallets/balls? Did any of you ever swing 'em like they were golf club? Also actual horse shoes with a bunch of beer drinkin' adults were always fun. Ahhh childhood.:seeya::cool:

Ohh, croquet. I remember many childhood summers of playing it. I also remember my older brother braining me one day vvith a croquet mallet. He knocked me out, but I also remember coming to and his terrified face right above me. That vvas the first thing I savv, but I immediately knevv I vvas safe.

Ok I heard the judge .... But how would someone have access to the actual note
I'm confused.

Who knows, it would appear that all of a sudden Kiefer is now a reliable source.
Even though I could have sworn I read people stating as recent as last night/this morning how nothing he says can be trusted because he is such a liar.

:scared: :lol: :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member