SIDEBAR #50 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah crap we've got chiggers. Dh was walking the backyard and orchard checking if we still have standing water, just came in itching and I told him to get in the shower before they get to his panty lines, or worse your armpits.

Nasty little suckers. We always used nail polish to cover the bites if we were out of Chiggerex or Chigarid.

[video=youtube;4zP5QALfV7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4zP5QALfV7w[/video]

Had a friend call and asked what to use and after being told nail polish, he covered almost his whole body in it. He had to go to the ER.

Niner, those are wonderful pictures to share. your bro is very handsome.

I saved this from the time Tricia told us to contact her with problems or questions:
Send feedback/comments/suggestions to Tricia at
websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Thanks Spellbound. I just sent her an email. It was fun posting here and keeping up with Arias trial with all of you. God bless you all.

Just dropping in to say Hi.

Lately Ive been bouncing around to other trial and missing person threads and I keep forgetting to drop in to say Hello.

Thoughts and Prayers for all experiencing loss or pain of any sort.

I don't think the Mods will mind - I hope.

Here's a picture of me and my little brother on a train in Latvia going somewhere!! I "think" this is about 2007.

You look exactly how I pictured you (only, I thought you had short hair, no glasses :floorlaugh: ). Crazy how I picture people on WS (but I was correct about you). :lol:
Handsome pair, IMO. :)

Ah crap we've got chiggers. Dh was walking the backyard and orchard checking if we still have standing water, just came in itching and I told him to get in the shower before they get to his panty lines, or worse your armpits.

Nasty little suckers. We always used nail polish to cover the bites if we were out of Chiggerex or Chigarid.

[video=youtube;4zP5QALfV7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4zP5QALfV7w[/video]

Had a friend call and asked what to use and after being told nail polish, he covered almost his whole body in it. He had to go to the ER.

Our neighbor named her pug "chiggers" -- she had to explain that name. Never heard of them before. Her husband freaked out over craziness flies

Had to look up Chiggers and found this info- just FYI:

"Many home remedies for chigger bites are based upon the incorrect belief that chiggers burrow into and remain in the skin. Nail polish, alcohol, and bleach have been applied to the bites to attempt to "suffocate" or kill the chiggers. But because the chiggers are not present in the skin, these methods are not effective.

Treatment for chigger bites is directed toward relieving the itching and inflammation. Calamine lotion and corticosteroid creams may be used to control itching. Oral antihistamines, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl), may also be used for symptom relief...."

http://www.medicinenet.com/chiggers_bites/page5.htm

Hello Sidebar Friends!
:loveyou:

I have a question and I know many of you are tech savvy:

I have a new Smart TV with HDMI. My computer is a year old MacBook Air. If I purchase an Apple TV unit, can I
live stream trials via my MacBook onto my TV?

So long as your Macbook has a way to get an HDMI cable from your Macbook over to the TV, it will work.

My Laptop has an HDMI port itself and my TV has an HDMI port and so all I do is plug an HDMI cable direct from my laptop to my TV. Then after doing that, you have to take your TV remote (not the cable or satellite remote) and change the SOURCE setting (using menu options) to change the SOURCE to the "PC" or "Computer" source instead of the cable or satellite or antennea source.

Then it comes in automatically.

If your Macbook does not have an HDMI port, a good knowledgeable electronics store may be able to sell you some sort of USB port converter that can get the computer signal from a USB signal over to an HDMI cable or something like that.

You have got to find a way to get your Macbook to hook to an HDMI cable and other end goes to TV.

ANOTHER OPTION.
If you have a wireless router, and if your TV is internet ready and a true smart TV that receives a wireless signal OR has an Ethernet cable connection, then you can hook your TV up direct to your router by either wireless connection OR Ethernet cable connection. And just use the TV options.

But I have never tried any of that and I have good luck getting my computer to go direct to my TV by HDMI cable. That way, whatever I bring up on my computer screen is shown on my TV. I use the computer to navigate to whatever I want.

If using just the TV + router, the problem is you are limited on whatever the TV can do as far as getting to internet sites.

HOPE THIS HELPS

The Straggly Cat

One December day we found an old straggly cat at our door.

She was a sorry sight.

Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny, and hair all matted down..

We felt sorry for her so we put her in a carrier and took her to the vet.

We didn't know what to call her so we named her 'Pussycat.'

The vet decided to keep her for a day or so.

He said he would let us know when we could come and get her.

My husband (the complainer) said, 'OK, but don't forget to wash her, she stinks.'

He reminded the vet that it was his WIFE (me) that wanted the dirty cat, not him.

My husband and my Vet don't see eye to eye.

The vet calls my husband 'El-Cheap-O', and my husband calls the vet 'El-Charge-O'.

They love to hate each other and constantly 'snipe' at one another,
With my husband getting in the last word on this particular occasion..

The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor,
Who is located in the same building, next door to the vet.

The GP's waiting room and office was full of people waiting to see the doctor.

A side door opened and the vet leaned in - he had obviously seen my husband arrive.

He looked straight at my husband and in a loud voice said, 'Your wife's pussy doesn't stink any
more.

We washed and shaved it, and now she smells like a rose!

Oh, and, by the way, she's pregnant!

God only knows who the father is!'

Then he closed the door.

The silence was deafening.

Now THAT, my friends, is getting even!
-------------------------------------------------------

Recent study

I haven't verified this on Snopes, but it sounds legit… A recent study found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.
---------------------------------------------------

Curing a Cough

The owner of a drugstore arrives at work to find a man leaning heavily against a wall.

The owner goes inside and asks his clerk what’s up.

"He wanted something for his cough, but I couldn’t find the cough syrup," the clerk explains. "So I gave him a laxative and told him to take it all at once."

"Laxatives won’t cure a cough, you idiot," the owner shouts angrily.

"Sure it will," the clerk says, pointing at the man leaning on the wall. "Look at him. He’s afraid to cough."
-------------------

Save the secret formula

One dark night outside a small town, a fire started inside the local chemical plant and before you could snap your fingers it exploded into flames and the alarm went out to the volunteer fire departments from miles around.

When the volunteer firefighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company president rushed to the fire chief and said, "All of our secret formulas are in the vault in the center of the plant. They must be saved. I will give $50,000 to the engine company that brings them out intact."

The fire chief ordered his men to strengthen their attack on the blaze. After two hours of fighting the fire another fire department was called in and the president of the chemical company offered $100,000 to the firefighters who could bring out the company's secret files.

From the distance, a long siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the local volunteer fire company composed entirely of men over the age of 65. To everyone's amazement, the little fire engine raced passed everyone and drove straight into the middle of the inferno. Outside the other firemen watched as the old timers jumped off their rig and began to fight the fire with a performance and effort never seen before. Within a short time, the old timers had extinguished the fire and saved the secret formulas.

The grateful chemical company president joyfully announced that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave, though elderly, fire fighters.

The local TV news reporters rushed in after capturing the event on film asking, "What are you going to do with all that money?"

"Well," said the 70-year-old fire chief, "the first thing we are going to do is fix the brakes on the truck."
--------------------------------------------------

Texting

Wife texts husband on a cold winter's morning:
"Windows frozen, won't open."

Husband texts back:
"Gently pour some lukewarm water over it."

Wife texts back 5 minutes later
"Computer really screwed-up now."
-----------------------------------------------

Ticket for Norwald

Man to Ticket Agent: “I want to buy a plane ticket for Norwald... for a vacation, you know...!”

Ticket Agent, searching book: "Norwald? Let me find that. Hmm... never heard of it. Let me see... Norwald. I don't see Norwald listed, and I can't find it on the map. Just where is Norwald anyway?"

Man: “Over there. He's my brother!”
------------------

You idiot!
Two guys were on lake fishing, using worms. One of the guys gets a nibble and reels in his line.

He caught a bottle. He uncorks the bottle and out come a genie.

He grants him one wish, so the guy thinks and thinks.

Finally he said: "I wish this whole lake were beer!" Poof!!! The lake turns to beer.

The other guy looks at him and said: "You idiot, now we have to pee in the boat!"
------------------------

Fishing trip

A woman is in bed with her lover who also happens to be her husband's best friend and the phone rings. She picks up the receiver, and her lover looks over at her and listens, only hearing her side of the conversation...

"Hello? Oh, hi. I'm so glad that you called." she says speaking in a cheery voice. "Really? That's wonderful... I am so happy for you... that sounds terrific... Great!... Thanks... Okay... Bye..."

She hangs up the telephone and her lover asks: "Who was that?"

"Oh" she replies, "that was my husband telling me all about the wonderful time he's having on his fishing trip with you."
---------------------

New Position?

Husband: Shall we try a new positon tonight?

Wife: Sure... You stand by the ironing board and I'll sit on the couch and drink beer and fart!
-----------------------------------

012_c.jpg

Link: http://www.lukaroski.com/cartoons/012_c.jpg
---------------------------------------

Time for a commercial (we have to pay the bills you know :facepalm: )

[video=youtube;v9YiTIYO-2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9YiTIYO-2A[/video]
-----------------------------------------

One last thing: (the children are asleep now- yes? )

unnamed-1.gif

Link: https://aqu52.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/unnamed-1.gif?w=466&h=229

:floorlaugh:

And some good music:

[video=youtube;Iqs3w1Q5sto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqs3w1Q5sto[/video]

One more:

[video=youtube;PQGgFCCPOrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQGgFCCPOrY[/video]

Just dropping in to say Hi.

Lately Ive been bouncing around to other trial and missing person threads and I keep forgetting to drop in to say Hello.

Thoughts and Prayers for all experiencing loss or pain of any sort.

BBM :anguish:

Hope you all have a great day. I am hearing myself up to go to Beau Biden's viewing and pay my respects. I hope I can hold it together. Better living through Xanax I guess.

Was that today?

Morning all! :wave:

So many comments to make - I'm breaking them up in a couple of posts! :skip:

Thank you for the recommendation of this book! I'll see if my library has it! I've posted this site before, and if anyone is interested in reading some of Near-Death experiences. These are exceptional ones:

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/Exceptional Accounts.htm

Actually, I don't believe its "Christian" stuff, more spiritual... :loveyou: And yes, most all do not want to come back here... just pure love! :luv: I don't fear death...

So sorry for your grief, Zuri :hug:
Someone posted this on Facebook - and of course I thought of you!

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20928293,00.html?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

more to come... :pcguru:

Thanks for the link to

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/Exceptional Accounts.htm

Fascinating stuff!

I have no clue. Today I'm being forced to upgrade my cellphone. I've a had a cheap ZTE for twenty five bucks a month that I can call and text from, (which I don't really use but maybe five times a month) and as of today I am being forced to upgrade to a newer one with more fancy crap that I don't need and won't use. We'll lose our family plan (four phones unlimited talk and text) of one twenty a month if I don't.

I hate change. So far this year I've had to learn how a tablet when one of my nephews gave my sister and I one for Christmas. She gave hers to our niece, and told her not to tell her brother LOL. I bought a keyboard for mine (Galaxy Tab 4), but it hasn't really worked, so I'm using the pointy thing. It it much easier to take it then my laptop back and forth to my sisters each day. And then in July Windows 10 comes out.

My cell phone company has tried to play the game to get me to convert. I have stood my ground and am refusing to change to a "better" phone because I am on a really cheap fixed rate plan and I know that if I change I will lose the rate plan I am on.

I dont have a smart phone and I use the old LG flip phone because all i need is a cell phone. It does text messages too if I want. But since I dont need internet for my phone, I definitely dont want to get a smart phone and have to pay more per month.

Right now, I have fixed unlimited calls anywhere for 35 / month. I am sure if i let them change me my cost would go up. They have been trying to get me to change phones for years. LOL

Had to look up Chiggers and found this info- just FYI:

"Many home remedies for chigger bites are based upon the incorrect belief that chiggers burrow into and remain in the skin. Nail polish, alcohol, and bleach have been applied to the bites to attempt to "suffocate" or kill the chiggers. But because the chiggers are not present in the skin, these methods are not effective.

Treatment for chigger bites is directed toward relieving the itching and inflammation. Calamine lotion and corticosteroid creams may be used to control itching. Oral antihistamines, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl), may also be used for symptom relief...."

http://www.medicinenet.com/chiggers_bites/page5.htm

That's all fine and good, but in the south the nail polish does work. It doesn't itch anymore after you put it on.

That's all fine and good, but in the south the nail polish does work. It doesn't itch anymore after you put it on.

Ill have to keep that in mind.

The best thing I have found to relive itching for mosquito bites and poison ivy is
CALADRYL lotion (not Calamine). I love Caladryl so much better and always have it handy in summer.

It works wonders for me. It takes about 5 minutes to take good effect of getting rid of itch.

Here is an article that confirms what I have found about it being better than the other.

"The noticeable attribute of each of these is that technically Caladryl is a type of calamine lotion since it contains the same basic ingredients. The different ingredient in Caladryl is basically provided for its numbing properties when placed on the skin, and this is another reason why many people choose Caladryl."

http://recomparison.com/comparisons/101582/calamine-lotion-vs-caladryl/

ETA:
Oh, and for whatever reason, I seem to get better relief from the pink colored Caladryl rather than a Clear version they make. That may be more physchological but it sure seems to work better when I get the pink colored Caladryl. LOL

Your smart TV should have Wi-Fi to pick up the live streaming from the internet via MacBook......doesn't it?

Yes, it is WiFi enabled.
I am already watching Netflix on the TV as well as YouTube, but what I want is to view trials being live-streamed on the 50 inch screen instead of on computer

Ill have to keep that in mind.

The best thing I have found to relive itching for mosquito bites and poison ivy is
CALADRYL lotion (not Calamine). I love Caladryl so much better and always have it handy in summer.

It works wonders for me. It takes about 5 minutes to take good effect of getting rid of itch.

Here is an article that confirms what I have found about it being better than the other.

"The noticeable attribute of each of these is that technically Caladryl is a type of calamine lotion since it contains the same basic ingredients. The different ingredient in Caladryl is basically provided for its numbing properties when placed on the skin, and this is another reason why many people choose Caladryl."

ETA:
Oh, and for whatever reason, I seem to get better relief from the pink colored Caladryl rather than a Clear version they make. That may be more physchological but it sure seems to work better when I get the pink colored Caladryl. LOL

The first time I used Caladryl was in 1970 when I skipped work and went to Galveston, and got stung by a large jelly fish. I was out in water above my waist and felt this tremendous burning on my right ankle and foot and I reached down and grabbed something and when I brought it up out of the water I dropped it on my chest.

I was in horrible pain and had to walk back to our hotel room, and later a dinner at Gaido's where a busboy ran over my foot with a desert cart. By then my foot and ankle were quite swollen, and aspirin wasn't really helping. The next morning my friend went to a pharmacy and that is what they told him to use. It did help, some,and it was a long trip back to Dallas. I have a scar that is like a indentation and little tentacles marks across my foot. It took about a month to heal. Can you imagine the shame I felt on Monday morning after telling my boss I was going to see my grandmother, and come back to work with crutches and it wasn't a broken or sprained foot.

[video=youtube;KnPL5OXSBNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KnPL5OXSBNE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member