Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of you with sadness this afternoon sweet Niner. :frown:
Sending hugs and prayers to you from Kentucky, and to everyone that knew and loved your little brother :hug:

Niner, I am so very sorry about your brother. We are all with you in sending our comfort. :grouphug:

Birthday greetings. to Neesaki! Hope you have a very special day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 87
Niner, I have been thinking about you all day. I just wanted to add to my condolences that as difficult as it must be right now, in a way, I'm glad your brother didn't have to suffer a long, drawn-out ordeal. Likewise, for you and your siblings.

Sending you my deepest condolences Niner.

Aw Niner I am so sorry! Brothers are so special. I pray you have someone to hold your hand as you go through this journey; it will be a tough one. I hope you have wonderful happy memories, maybe in time you could share with us. Keep the Faith.

Niner, my dear Sidebar Friend.
My heart aches for you on the loss of your brother.
You are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself during this difficult time.
HUGS!
Chel

1970 - "In The Summertime" by Mungo Jerry hit #1 in UK

[video=youtube;wvUQcnfwUUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wvUQcnfwUUM[/video]

1981 - A 17-year-old shoots blanks at Queen Elizabeth II as she was horseback riding in London.

[video=youtube;i5FD3-CsMbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i5FD3-CsMbc[/video]

(I wish I could find a YouTube for this one - 1920 - The U.S. Post Office Department ruled that children may not be sent by parcel post.)

2008 - Tim Russert, of Meet the Press fame, died suddenly of a heart attack. The popular US journalist had become famous for conducting probing interviews with presidents and those aspiring to be president, as well as addressing political news on a weekly basis with Meet the Press.

[video=youtube;wBddo1RGiJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wBddo1RGiJU[/video]

I cried all week when he died.

Another zipline death... made me come back here as a place that would understand why it so affected me.... and .. so sad..

http://abc7.com/news/12-year-old-north-carolina-girl-killed-in-zip-line-accident/782038/

Saturday, June 13, 2015 07:22AM
ALLEGHANY COUNTY, N.C. --
A Wilmington girl died Thursday in an accident at a YMCA summer camp in the North Carolina mountains.

It happened at Camp Cheerio in Glade Valley in Alleghany County, which is part of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Officials said the young girl fell while zip-lining when the tether that connected the harness around her waist to the pulley above broke.

FLAG DAY

Link: Pic

10 Facts About Flag Day

Want to learn more about the history of Flag Day? Here are 10 facts about the flag and its birthday to share with you.

1. Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the American flag by resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777.

2. The American flag, as we know it today, consists of 13 horizontal red and white stripes, each representing the 13 original colonies of the United States, and a blue rectangle in the canton with 50 white, five-pointed stars representing the 50 states of the Union.

3. The 1777 resolution did not set the size or proportions of the flag, or even what shape the constellation of stars should be.As a result, flags of the era showed the constellation of stars in different arrangements, and flags were made with differing proportions. It was not until 1912 that the flag’s design was standardized.

4. A new star is added with the inclusion of every new state to the Union. The number of stars increased to 15 in 1795, 20 by 1818, and the trend continued. The 50th star was added with the inclusion of the state of Hawaii to the Union in 1959.

5. Until 1818, a new stripe was also added for each new state. The famous Star-Spangled Banner that inspired our national anthem had 15 stars and 15 stripes.

6. The first flag was not made by Betsy Ross. We do know that Ross was a seamstress and that she probably did sew American flags; she just didn’t create the first one.

7. The flag got its nickname, “Old Glory,” from William Driver, a Massachusetts-born resident of Nashville, Tennessee who hid his homemade flag from Confederate troops, unfurling it again when the city came under the control of federal troops.

8. The Pledge of Allegiance was written not for Flag Day, but for Columbus Day.

9. Flag Day was founded by a school teacher named Bernard J. Cigrand, who began observing the day with his class at Stony Hill School in Waubeka, Wisconsin.

10. President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation establishing June 14th as Flag Day on May 30, 1916.

Interesting Fun Trivia Facts

The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven!

The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'!

The original title of Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice was First Impression!

The petals of the world's largest flower are 1.5 feet long.

The song 'Strawberry Fields Forever', sung by the Beatles, refers to an orphanage located in Liverpool.

The word Tips is actually an acronym standing for 'To Insure Prompt Service'.

There was no punctuation until the 15th century.

Wyoming was the first state to allow women to vote.

Your home is ten times more likely to have a fire than be burglarized!

Fun Chocolate Facts

A one ounce milk chocolate bar has 6 mg of caffeine.

A recent study at Harvard has shown that eating chocolate can actually help you live longer!

Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate every second.

For people that are lactose intolerant, chocolate aids in helping milk digest easier.

Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.

The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

The Snickers bar was named after a horse the Mars family owned.

The universally popular Hershey bar was used overseas during World War II as currency.

To burn off one plain M&M candy, you need to walk the full length of a football field.

1970 - "In The Summertime" by Mungo Jerry hit #1 in UK

[video=youtube;wvUQcnfwUUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wvUQcnfwUUM[/video]

I always liked this song years ago, but Mongo Jerry had sideburns for days!!!

cj ~ I am not at all fond of this fact > The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it
I hope I don't remember that every time I eat a candy bar! It would be great for people on diets though :smile:

Geez back in my 20's I would eat the whole 1 lb. bag by myself! > To burn off one plain M&M candy, you need to walk the full length of a football field

My dog did not like wee-wee pads. I used newspaper instead. Over time I put the pads on top of the newspaper. That seemed to work. You have to trick them. Give it a try. It might work.

cj ~ I am not at all fond of this fact > The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it
I hope I don't remember that every time I eat a candy bar! It would be great for people on diets though :smile:

Geez back in my 20's I would eat the whole 1 lb. bag by myself! > To burn off one plain M&M candy, you need to walk the full length of a football field

I'm sorry!! But, they are chocolate covered legs :) LOL at you eating the whole lb. bag. I know, I kinda went; "huh"? "No way"! heehee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89