Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever feel like an old hippie?

[video=youtu;aQd65utTnAQ]http://youtu.be/aQd65utTnAQ[/video]

Some Holiday music

[video=youtu;y9Xmp2C6sW0]http://youtu.be/y9Xmp2C6sW0[/video]

More Jingle Bells

[video=youtu;HVfP9MDZExk]http://youtu.be/HVfP9MDZExk[/video]

Niner ... I'm not touching the excess EBT as it is not mine and they'll figure it out eventually.

Nore ... I'm so sorry to hear about Molly and am sure she'll end up in a very loving home.

OK I'm all set now with Medicare for next month and will be able to have the arm checked out plus other stuff. A mamo is on the list, too.

Last week I went to the clinic because my feet hurt terribly and I have red streaks up and down both sides of both feet. I stopped taking insulin about a year ago due to the expense and will get started again with that, too, Meanwhile the steroid ointment they put me on has cleared up all the nasty junk but the red streaks haven't improved taking amoxicillin so my guess is they'll give me something stronger. That ointment is expensive! And, no, I won't lose my feet.

Daisymae, I am so glad you are getting some relief with your feet. Hope those red lines clear up soon. though.

:hilarious: Ernesto the Fat Cat looks exactly like my old girls' addiction to cat nip!

NORE.... I am devastated for you to have to give Molly away. I looked for her pic, but only found the post where you said you posted a picture of her. Maybe the photo got removed. Can you re-post her picture? If I didn't already have two cats and two dogs, I would be willing to take her, but hubby would say "no more critters!" I am afraid. Such a sweetie will find a loving home, even if not completely housebroken. You could try asking your vet if they can post a picture for you, explainining how you have developed an allergy the doctor believes is from the dog and you have to find her a GOOD home. Many of our local vets are very willing to do that for us here. I wish you good luck finding her a permanent new home, dear one. This is so hard on you, I am sure.

Coffee ....Great Disney theme ornaments. They came out great and glad your relative is enjoyeing them.

The tree pics were really nice too and I like slender trees to save space too.

If anyone ever cuts their own you can trim them to become thinner to help your space. You just have to trim slowly and keep checking it as you go but don't be afraid to hack off some of the outer branches to help it fit nicer and give you more room to get around the tree. :)

This is my favorite time of year. It took me awhile to get in the mood this year but I am full swing now and spending too much like usual. LOL

I typically don't shop too much during the year so when Christmas roles around I get carried away. 1 present for you. 2 for me. LOL

Hi Everyone, just peeking to say hi! Thanks for all the well wishes..I feel a bit better today. This is what my Doctor said, bronchial asthma.
Its been hard breathing.My oxygen level 93, took blood , gave allergy shot. I have now, prednisone , Cipro , Cough med. so strong only take it at night..along with7 everyday meds. and 3 non scripts....who needs food.
now the bad news. My arm is torn up where Molly has scratched me. it is bad ni spots Plus he is sure I am allergic as this has
gone on long time. His wife, God hold HER in HEAVEN was also very allergic to some dogs. I must find a home for her , Amy said near impossible as she is not completely housebroken. Shelters only take strays from Dog warden. She is a gooddog not

mean bone in her body I cry, see I love her and fear a bad home...Between dog and health issues I'm ready for a breakdown..shopping ------done on web. hope to see you tomorrow. I dont want a penny
for My Molly ,, just a loving home. Please say a prayer..xox.:seeya:

So sad to hear about having trouble with Molly. Wish their was an alternative. You probably checked on this already but please be sure to trim the nails as certain types of dogs grow nails quickly and they get sharp fast. When nails trimmed good they wont scratch arms nearly as bad when they jump up for love. I have to take mine to a vet to get the nails trimmed often and trimmed down good because its hard for me to trim them.

Good Luck and hope things work out for you.

CJ, you have beautiful old woodwork, just like mine. How old is your house? And what material is your fireplace surround? Is it stone? I also love the hanging ornaments...

Thank you. The house was built in the late 1880's and it in marble imported from Italy. The wood is Tiger Oak and that was brought over from Germany. The entire house has the tiger oak wood work.

Coffee ....Great Disney theme ornaments. They came out great and glad your relative is enjoyeing them.

The tree pics were really nice too and I like slender trees to save space too.

If anyone ever cuts their own you can trim them to become thinner to help your space. You just have to trim slowly and keep checking it as you go but don't be afraid to hack off some of the outer branches to help it fit nicer and give you more room to get around the tree. :)

This is my favorite time of year. It took me awhile to get in the mood this year but I am full swing now and spending too much like usual. LOL

I typically don't shop too much during the year so when Christmas roles around I get carried away. 1 present for you. 2 for me. LOL

Thanks :) It is also my favorite time of the year :christmastree: that is an artificial tree I had for years (when the skinny trees were in style) I still love that tree and I like that it takes no time put up and it doesn't take much room :)

Coffee

Your tree :christmastree: is lovely and I like the way you put those Christmas balls that are hanging from the windows.
I especially like the fireplace- so beautiful. What kind of stones? surround the opening?

You are so creative. Did you use some sort of pattern to cut the Disney figures from? What kind of paint did you use (since they would be out in the weather)?

You do lovely work, IMO. :santahat:

Thanks! No, no pattern. I use 3/4" plywood drew the outline of each character, cut it out with a jigsaw. Use outdoor house paint for the base coat. Then used acrylic paints for all the colors. I put three top coats of weather proof clear acrylic. All I do now is touch ups when needed.

Stones are marble imported from Italy.

Hi Everyone, just peeking to say hi! Thanks for all the well wishes..I feel a bit better today. This is what my Doctor said, bronchial asthma.
Its been hard breathing.My oxygen level 93, took blood , gave allergy shot. I have now, prednisone , Cipro , Cough med. so strong only take it at night..along with7 everyday meds. and 3 non scripts....who needs food.
now the bad news. My arm is torn up where Molly has scratched me. it is bad ni spots Plus he is sure I am allergic as this has
gone on long time. His wife, God hold HER in HEAVEN was also very allergic to some dogs. I must find a home for her , Amy said near impossible as she is not completely housebroken. Shelters only take strays from Dog warden. She is a gooddog not

mean bone in her body I cry, see I love her and fear a bad home...Between dog and health issues I'm ready for a breakdown..shopping ------done on web. hope to see you tomorrow. I dont want a penny
for My Molly ,, just a loving home. Please say a prayer..xox.:seeya:

:hug: You know I will say a prayer and I know this is really upsetting for you :( :loveyou:

Yes/No .... I really like the way you are sharing Nurmi's book with us. A very impartial summary, that lets me make up my own mind for the most part. (I still did not like him much as a lawyer, but I do feel for him having had the worst client )
BBM:
That is sure a nice display, coffeej. It made me recall a life-sized nativity my mother made the same way .... she cut them out and painted each figure, including the three Wise Men and some animals. They were also lit up with spotlights. It was beautiful. Unfortunately, it was given away several years ago and I don't know where it may be now.

And coffeeJ, I meant to tell you thanks for that chocolate nut cluster recipe. It sounds delicious and will get made when I am able to eat nuts again! I miss my nutty goodies!

Thank you :) That is sad about losing your Mother's Naivety set. Do you have any pics you can post of them? Would love seeing them.

Sorry about all the different post, I do not know how post everyone's quotes in one post :( Oh well, would mess it up anyway lol :) If I forgot anyone THANKS!

Remember to always SMILE!

Attachments

• th1088AKEI.jpg
    th1088AKEI.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 49
Thank you :) That is sad about losing your Mother's Naivety set. Do you have any pics you can post of them? Would love seeing them.

Unfirtunately, any pics have been long gone .... packed away, lost? I honestly don't know where they went. The nativity was beautiful.

Phoenix true-crime author Shanna Hogan keeps her cases local

"...Her first book, "Dancing with Death," was published in 2011 and documented the 2004 murder of a Phoenix man by his former showgirl wife.

But it was her second book, "Picture Perfect: The Jodi Arias Story," that really launched her career. The tale of the notorious murder of a Mesa man was a New York Times best seller in 2013..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news.../76575630/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shocking murders in metro Phoenix history

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news.../phoenix-notorious-historic-murders/16921161/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Son of missing UK Lord Lucan asks for death certificate

"LONDON (AP) — The son of English aristocrat Lord Lucan — who disappeared after his children's nanny was bludgeoned to death four decades ago — has asked Britain's High Court to issue a death certificate so he can inherit his father's title.

The son, George Bingham, wants to become the Eighth Earl of Lucan.

His father, Richard John Bingham, the Seventh Earl, vanished after nanny Sandra Rivett was found dead at the family's London home on Nov. 7, 1974. Lucan's wife, Veronica, was hit in the head repeatedly when she ran downstairs to investigate.

Lord Lucan's bloodstained car was later found abandoned near England's south coast.

In 1975, an inquest jury declared him Rivett's killer. Detectives believe the aristocrat — a heavy gambler nicknamed "Lucky Lucan" — intended to murder his wife and killed the nanny by mistake..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-...missing-aristocrat/?utm_hp_ref=world&ir=world
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness, that Robert William Fisher who murdered his whole family is still wanted and they think may be living off the land. Could he be one of those "wild men" that may be responsible for some of the missing persons in the national forests? :scared:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/on-the-run-fbi-says-top-ten-fugitive-killed-wife-kids/

No, I did not hide that update. What I did was uninstall it and change my settings so that nothing can be installed automatically. I then rebooted (necessary for the changes to take effect) and checked the control panel to see if KB3035583 was indeed uninstalled and it was. It did, however, appear in the list of downloaded updates after the reboot even though it was not showing in the list of installed updates. I noticed when the computer was shutting down to reboot it was checking for updates so I assume that KB monster is designed to keep downloading whenever Windows Update notices it is not in the list. Anyway, it did not reinstall it this time with the reboot so I figured I was safe. I shut down for the evening and didn't turn the machine back on til the morning when I wanted to check email before leaving the house.

With that, I got a message saying Windows 10 Upgrade would begin in 59:46 and it was ticking down a second at a time. It gave the option of bypassing that clock and installing the upgrade immediately as well as the option to stop the clock and upgrade another time. I chose the latter and have not seen any attempts to upgrade since. Also, when I shut down now there is no notification of any updating going on.

What I am hiding is that little Get Windows icon (the white Windows flag in the lower right task bar). That is now off the task bar but shows if I click on the up arrow for hidden icons.

I am not sure what will happen next but I check frequently to make sure my settings have not been somehow changed back to allow automatic installs. I don't trust *them* to not somehow be able to change my settings like that. They were for a while trying to force Bing on me--I never used it or clicked on it or anything of that nature but one day I booted up and there was Bing in place of Google. And it could not be changed back to Google in the normal way. I had to jump through some hoops to get it to change back and not have Bing pop up at every turn. That all came about from automatic updating so it seems Microsoft is really upping the ante in their efforts to get people to do things Microsoft's way. They never used to be this insistent. What's weird is I will probably replace my computer in the next few months and most likely any PC I can afford is going to have Windows on it....and it will probably be Windows 10. I am not against change; I just don't like it forced on me.

Peon v. Mighty MicroSoft. And this round goes to ....YOU! Yay! Glad you're still win10-less.

:rollercoaster::jumping::toast:

Good-Afternoon-With-Cats.jpg

Link: http://www.commentsdb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Good-Afternoon-With-Cats.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOMAN CHARGED WITH TORTURE, MURDER OF DAUGHTER AND ABUSE OF 4 OTHER CHILDREN

"MADERA, Calif. (WPVI) -- There are disturbing new details about the Madera County, California, woman charged with torturing and murdering her young daughter.

Court documents reveal 42-year-old Amy Chavoya is also accused of abusing four other children.

Sheriff's deputies arrested her last month after a yearlong investigation. The documents describe horrific acts against the little girl who died and other children who were in the suspect's care. Prosecutors claim that abuse went on for several years.

The allegations in the complaint against Chavoya are chilling. Prosecutors say she began abusing Mariah Flores back in 2011 by beating the little girl, depriving her of food, forcing her to take scalding hot showers and using a stun gun. Then on Oct. 10, 2014, Chavoya is accused of murdering her daughter in a way that involved torture..."

http://6abc.com/news/woman-charged-...f-daughter-abuse-of-4-other-children/1116117/

-----------------------------------------------------------

Teen rips wife-killer dad at his sentencing

"A traumatized Brooklyn teen ripped her father as a “cruel monster” for fatally butchering her mother during a fight over infidelity at his sentencing Wednesday in Brooklyn court.

“This event was the most horrific thing that happened to me in my lifetime – and it was caused by my father,” Miranda Rugova wrote in a statement read by a prosecutor before Hasan Rugova was hit with 18 years in prison. “You have made it clear that you are a monster.”

The building super maniacally slashed Gyltene Rugova to death in May 2014 at their Bay Ridge apartment before he tried to kill himself with self-inflicted stab wounds..."

http://nypost.com/2015/12/09/teen-rips-wife-killer-dad-at-his-sentencing/
------------------------------------------------------------------

15-year-old arrested in 2014 murder of Brooklyn Rabbi Joseph Raksin

"MIAMI — Police say a teenager has been arrested in Miami in connection with the slaying of a Brooklyn rabbi last year.

Miami-Dade Police spokeswoman Jennifer Capote said Wednesday that homicide detectives had arrested Deandre Charles, 15, after a 16-month investigation of the death of Rabbi Yosef Raksin..."

http://pix11.com/2015/12/09/15-year-old-arrested-in-2014-murder-of-brooklyn-rabbi-joseph-raksin/

Background:

‘It was a hate crime because he was a Jew’: Daughter of New York rabbi shot dead on way to Miami temple refuses to believe it was a ‘botched robbery’

"Joseph Raksin, 60, shot dead in Miami, Florida on Saturday

The father-of-six was on his way to pray, as it was the Sabbath

Police believe the incident was a robbery gone wrong

But others argue Mr Raksin is the victim of hate crime

Miami synagogue sprayed with swastikas just weeks earlier ..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-calls-hate-crime-not-botched-robbery.html
---------------------------------------------------------------

One woman dead; one missing; few answers in Va. county

"The recent fatal shooting of one young woman and disappearance of another have authorities in a rural but fast-growing Virginia county confronting tragedy and scrambling for answers.

Officials in Spotsylvania County, about 60 miles outside Washington, D.C., have neither linked nor solved the cases of Heather Ciccone, 21, and Katelin Michelle Akens, 19...."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...d-one-missing-few-answers-va-county/76977200/

635851725993000475-missing-teen.jpg

WS thread: Katelin Akens: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Akens-19-Springfield-5-December-2015/page10

WS thread: Heather Ciccone: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-dead-in-car-outside-stranger%92s-home/page3
------------------------------------------------------------------

South Carolina dad killed 5 kids 'by violent means,' police claim; Lawyer says he had mental issues

"Police say the South Carolina dad who killed his five young children did so "by violent means."

Timothy Ray Jones Jr. — accused of murdering his five children, ages 1 to 8 — waived his first court appearance Friday because he is being "portrayed as a monster," his attorney said.

His legal team said the 32-year-old suffered from mental health problems in the past and requested Jones undergo a mental evaluation.

Police have not released the children's causes of death but said all five died "by violent means" about a week before their mother reported them missing on Sept. 3. Official causes of death will be released after their autopsies are complete..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/s-dad-killed-5-kids-violent-means-police-article-1.1937575

Father, 33, 'strangled four of his children then beat one to death before driving their bodies around for nine days and dumping them in a field'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...father-strangled-4-children-beat-1-death.html

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...es-1-8-Lexington-County-28-August-2014/page21

4770613_G.jpg

Link: http://wrcb.images.worldnow.com/images/4770613_G.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar Cases with Dissimilar Punishments: Differences Between the Slenderman and Laughing Jack Cases

"A 12-year-old girl in Indiana allegedly stabbed and killed her stepmother to please Laughing Jack, a fictional character depicted on the CreepyPasta website. This case is eerily similar to the Slenderman case that occurred in Waukesha, WI, during the summer of 2014. In the Slenderman case, two 12-year-old girls allegedly stabbed their friend repeatedly in an attempt to murder her. According to police reports, the girls were trying to please the fictional character Slenderman, also depicted on the CreepyPasta website. But the resemblance between these two cases ends there. Since the girls in both cases entered the system, stark and important differences have emerged..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tina-...ssim_b_8700112.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&ir=Crime
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China: When An Only Child Dies :(

"Zheng Qing was devastated when she heard the news last month that China will scrap the one-child policy. It was too late to have a second child. She thought it was a great honour to follow the one child policy at that time but now feels the rule has let her down badly.

She and her husband are among more than a million grieving Chinese parents who have lost the only child that the government allowed them to have..."

http://widerimage.reuters.com/story...utm_source=Facebook&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberia monitors over 150 Ebola contacts as virus re-emerges :scared:

"..."We have three confirmed cases and have listed 153 contacts, and we have labeled them as high, medium and low in terms of the risk," Liberia's Chief Medical Officer Dr. Francis Kateh told Reuters late on Saturday.

The West African country has suffered the highest death toll in the worst known Ebola outbreak in history, losing more than 4,800 people. It has twice been declared Ebola-free by the World Health Organization, once in May and again on Sept. 3, only for new cases to emerge..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...ria-idUSKBN0TB0GV20151122#r2TBGmqGjMXIx0dr.97
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Open Letter to Families Where Addiction Is Present

"...I am the non-addict who knows all too well what it's like to love a person who suffers from addiction...

Today I am writing on addiction to let loved ones know you are allowed to feel angry without feeling guilty. You are allowed to feel sad, mad, or frustrated without feeling guilty. You are allowed to take a step back if you need a breather without feeling guilty.

With so many variables being out of your power, the one thing you are in control of is your well-being. Feeling any of this at any point does not mean you are suddenly a judgmental person who does not understand addiction. All of this does not mean you do not love this person unconditionally."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Alici...ir=Healthy Living?ncid=ne wsltushpmg00000003

Insights on the Insanity of Addiction

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/add...DB-A524-3BABF3528BD0&rememberme=1&ts=04062015

Life Lessons Learned From Addictions

"...The 2-part secret to life

My patients who have experienced the benefits of recovery have taught me the 2 most important ingredients for their success: show up and hang in there..."

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/addiction/life-lessons-learned-addictions?cid=related_teaser

Johann Hari: Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong

"What really causes addiction — to everything from cocaine to smart-phones? And how can we overcome it? Johann Hari has seen our current methods fail firsthand, as he has watched loved ones struggle to manage their addictions. He started to wonder why we treat addicts the way we do — and if there might be a better way. As he shares in this deeply personal talk, his questions took him around the world, and unearthed some surprising and hopeful ways of thinking about an age-old problem...."

[video=youtube;PY9DcIMGxMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9DcIMGxMs[/video]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03