SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, Dmacky. No doubt my parents will go to sleep relatively early, so I'll probably join you. No need to keep any food for me. We'll have raclette here and a dessert with cherries and tonka-flavoured cream. That'll be more than enough for me.
I'll bring a bottle of italian red wine, a Primitivo or a spanish Rioja.
We could make a big camp fire, what do you think??

Would absolutely love to partake in raclette. Yum! Sadly, tonka beans are prohibited from being sold in the US, but they sound amazing. (Guess we'll need to get them through the underground.) ;)

And Dmacky, sorry if your invitation got "lost in the mail." But to be honest, my energy is waning so much that I doubt I will be a very good hostess. Maybe next year when my daughter takes over? We can sit around drinking wine and eating cheese and crackers while she does the work. (Actually, wine + cheese and crackers is pretty much my all-time favorite meal.) :)

Would absolutely love to partake in raclette. Yum! Sadly, tonka beans are prohibited from being sold in the US, but they sound amazing. (Guess we'll need to get them through the underground.) ;)

And Dmacky, sorry if your invitation got "lost in the mail." But to be honest, my energy is waning so much that I doubt I will be a very good hostess. Maybe next year when my daughter takes over? We can sit around drinking wine and eating cheese and crackers while she does the work. (Actually, wine + cheese and crackers is pretty much my all-time favorite meal.) :)

Wow, interesting. Why are they prohibited from being sold?
Their perfume is just magic!
Sure, let's go underground.

It's so hot I'm melting! The humidity is horrible here. I'm afraid my goodies are gonna melt!

I have finished crocheting finally and Mandy and I are completing our goodie making marathon.

For my sidebar friends...May the sick feel better, the alone not be lonely, the cooks not over do it, the busy rest, and the content soak up the season.

We will be opening gifts at 9am tomorrow along with Raydens first real Santa visit. Simple breakfast of sausage balls and pigs in the blanket. Simple food and a wide-eyed blue-eyed baby boy. My cup runner over.

Merry Christmas and all that stuff!

It's so hot I'm melting! The humidity is horrible here. I'm afraid my goodies are gonna melt!

I have finished crocheting finally and Mandy and I are completing our goodie making marathon.

For my sidebar friends...May the sick feel better, the alone not be lonely, the cooks not over do it, the busy rest, and the content soak up the season.

We will be opening gifts at 9am tomorrow along with Raydens first real Santa visit. Simple breakfast of sausage balls and pigs in the blanket. Simple food and a wide-eyed blue-eyed baby boy. My cup runner over.

Merry Christmas and all that stuff!

It's been warm here too, but nice and sunny. Just like spring :) I was planning to make more goodies but instead came down with a bad cold so I feel terrible. I did make a pumpkin pie at least. Oh, and a cheese ball. My son's fiance brought everything out for tonight, it's an appetizer buffet. Haven't started yet but it looks really good. Tomorrow I'm making, or at least attempting to make, a beef tenderloin roast encrusted with an herb and horseradish mixture, served with a port wine reduction sauce. I have NO idea how this is going to turn out, LOL.

[video=youtube;nH9RyySpkU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH9RyySpkU8[/video]

I have been so mixed up today (more so than normal) but I thought you lived in Delaware Zuri? Or do you live in Pennsylvania?

I went to High School in Geneva, Switzerland which is what I was remembering in my post! I long for the Jura and Alps one more time, let alone the delicious cheeses!

Merry Christmas to all of my imaginary friends, I do think you all are some of the best friends I've ever had. I can unload stress anger,and bitterness,. I can always depend on each and everyone to have good thoughts and prayers when we're here just reading and lurking or posting.

Spell, has was the visit to see your grandchildren? I'm sure it was wonderful to see how they've much they have grown.

coffee, we had a really bad Christmas in 2012. My nephew had open surgery, then the day after he had a stroke, then another surgery to remove a portion of his skull so his brain could have room to swell. Then the staples holding his chest somehow ripped open ( the dr. didn't know what happened or why. They could only guess that he might of been dropped. when they were moving from the bed to go have more brain scans done ),and he another surgery to redo that on Christmas Eve. He was in the hospital for four months. My dh had a wreck. It was a grey freezing rain quite day.

Zuri taking us to Geneva !! You knew you wouldn't be alone on this trip. So much to see and do, and maybe have a chance to met Susza.

YesorNo , will the new provider give you more bandwidth? Are you out in the country and have to use dish or another satellite provider? We miss you when you not popping in.

GigiG, I'm lucky because we all like to cook, and tomorrow we know that there will be forty of use at the table. We're not ready to pass the torch yet.

Zoe, we're getting your rain and cold on Saturday. Might have a few snow flurries, and two inches of rain and flooding. We've had Texas weather this week. In the seventy and shorts all week. They say if you don't like the weather in Texas just wait it will change.

I guess Hatfield is busy tonight showing off his new lights. I bet they look beautiful. Maybe he'll surprise us and do a New Year poem.

Neesaki, are you ready for the big change from seventies to the forties? I hope you're doing better, SAD is not nice, but by January we will of gained ten more minutes of daylight. The moon is beautiful tonight. Isn't it wonderful that we see the moon at the same time?

Dmacky , my Kentucky friend, have a merry Christmas and a new better year.

Niner, many prayers to you and Hez. And for sharing you mothers story. It kinda started our trip to see the world. Just when are you going back home? No worries, we'll come pick you up along with Susza.

Caylee Av, thanks for joining the ups and downs and opinions we have here and sharing yours with us.

atthelake, and many more, I on;y want the best for you and your loved ones this Holiday.

I still don't have the Christmas too much excess and greed, many not really acknowledging that the king of the the world has been.

[video=youtu;I1VkMBi9vvw]http://youtu.be/I1VkMBi9vvw[/video]

What Christmas is really about. Christmas Blessings and love to all of my dear friends.

[video=youtube;3vjTcjXUy9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vjTcjXUy9M[/video]

Zuri, where is the thread you started about scams and rip off. I got a text this evening that said I needed to pay my insurance, and had tx and numbers like it was my account, then it said to send payment and given a phone number to call. It wasn't our insurance company and I had paid our bi yearly premiums. It made me think of your mother, and how many would call that number and give them your bank account number. They'd clean it out immediately before you thought about it and call your bank.

We also got slammed by Verizon one year. They were going door to door asking people to chance to them. Well, one day we have no landline, television or internet. I think the people get a commission, and puts down as switching to them. Verizon said sorry, but you changed from Time Warner cable to us. DH told them no one had authorized the change, and after auguring with them for thirty minutes he said show me where I signed to switch. It was well uh maybe there was a mistake. We call BS. So DH asked them how long it would take them to go back to Time Warner and they said two weeks. So be careful about being slammed.

Also we've had txu energy, and Anna answered the door and there was a person going door to door wanting people to switch to oncor energy, and asked for a social security number and our bill. I told Anna that they'd slam us, and she said it was odd that underneath the oncor on his badge, that there was a different energy company.

[video=youtube;v9SZKjOJrgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9SZKjOJrgg[/video]

:santahat:
Sending heartfelt LOVE on Christmas Day to my SB friends!
Don't forget to watch or record the movie "Coat of many colors" tonight at 9pm on NBC! I have heard it is very heartwarming, sad and funny from everyone that saw it when it first aired on Monday Dec. 10th.
The ratings were so high that NBC has decided to re-air tonight.

"Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors" is based on the inspiring true story of living legend Dolly Parton's remarkable upbringing. This once-in-a-lifetime movie special takes place inside the tight-knit Parton family as they struggle to overcome devastating tragedy and discover the healing power of love, faith and a raggedy patchwork coat that helped make Parton who she is today.

The film is set in the Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains in 1955. It is neither a biopic nor a musical about Dolly's whole life and performing career, but rather a family-oriented faith-based story about the incidents in her and her family's life around the time she was nine years old.

http://www.nbc.com/coat-of-many-colors

Also Christmas Full Moon tonight... First one in 38 years!

Merry Christmas Morning!! . . :santahat:

ILikeToBendPages said:
Merry Christmas to all of my imaginary friends, I do think you all are some of the best friends I've ever had. I can unload stress anger,and bitterness,. I can always depend on each and everyone to have good thoughts and prayers when we're here just reading and lurking or posting.

Beautifully said!! I feel the same... :christmastree:

ILikeToBendPages said:
Niner, many prayers to you and Hez. And for sharing you mothers story. It kinda started our trip to see the world. Just when are you going back home? No worries, we'll come pick you up along with Susza.

Thank you! I love sharing my Mamma and Tete's story! What a life they had!! I'm going back home in September. We will be burying my Mamma next to my Tete (Father) in Valmeira, where he grew up.

Dmacky - thank you for the reminder of Dolly Parton's movie tonight! I missed it the first time!!

Okay - off to make breakfast :laughing: and open presents!!! Oh, no snow, but we did get hail - which made the ground all white!! :happydance: I took pictures, but will have to wait for the Huz to download and send them to me!

:seeya:

Well friends -- I made it -- got through another Christmas dinner! Aside from the physical issues of buying and preparing so much food, I always forget how stressful it is to get all the food done at the same time, and on the table while it's still hot. Logistics. Whew!

It was good, and everyone seemed to enjoy it and appreciate my efforts. I announced at the table that I wouldn't be doing this anymore, and my son (God bless him), said he would do anything if I would continue to cook Christmas dinner. He volunteered to pay for it, do the shopping, bring the stuff into the house, etc.

The reality is that a year from now, I will have forgotten much about how hard it is. (Kind of like if women would remember how painful childbirth is, they'd never have more than one child.) But I MIGHT take him up on at least part of his offer (i.e., doing the shopping!). lol

Hope a merry Christmas has been had by all. Wishing everyone happy holidays!!!

Well friends -- I made it -- got through another Christmas dinner! Aside from the physical issues of buying and preparing so much food, I always forget how stressful it is to get all the food done at the same time, and on the table while it's still hot. Logistics. Whew!

It was good, and everyone seemed to enjoy it and appreciate my efforts. I announced at the table that I wouldn't be doing this anymore, and my son (God bless him), said he would do anything if I would continue to cook Christmas dinner. He volunteered to pay for it, do the shopping, bring the stuff into the house, etc.

The reality is that a year from now, I will have forgotten much about how hard it is. (Kind of like if women would remember how painful childbirth is, they'd never have more than one child.) But I MIGHT take him up on at least part of his offer (i.e., doing the shopping!). lol

Hope a merry Christmas has been had by all. Wishing everyone happy holidays!!!

I'm in the same boat, Gigi. In spite of cooking something a little different this year, it turned out perfectly, a very pleasant surprise... you know how it is, you never really know how something's going to turn out if you haven't done it before. And you're so right, there's so much planning and preparation, and it is totally exhausting. Of course being sick right now didn't help at all, but on the other hand, I guess I'm just getting old, LOL. I feel burned out? So I told my DH how tired I was of it and, next year let's just go to a resort where they do everything for you, LOL, but at this point I feel I'm rather serious. :rolleyes:

A Blessed and Very Merry Christmas to you too, and everyone!!! Love and Best Wishes to all :grouphug:

I'm in the same boat, Gigi. In spite of cooking something a little different this year, it turned out perfectly, a very pleasant surprise... you know how it is, you never really know how something's going to turn out if you haven't done it before. And you're so right, there's so much planning and preparation, and it is totally exhausting. Of course being sick right now didn't help at all, but on the other hand, I guess I'm just getting old, LOL. I feel burned out? So I told my DH how tired I was of it and, next year let's just go to a resort where they do everything for you, LOL, but at this point I feel I'm rather serious. :rolleyes:

A Blessed and Very Merry Christmas to you too, and everyone!!! Love and Best Wishes to all :grouphug:

I feel for you! Hoping you'll be better soon!

My family and I love Christmas and the thing we enjoy most is helping to prepare and serve the homeless and needy their Christmas meal.. there are some who are just lonely with no where to go. We have done this for a few years now and it is my favorite gift of all. When I see the smiles and tears I get all emotional and thank God and realize I am truly blessed. Here is hoping that anyone reading this had a wonderful day and got their belly full. Much love to all of you. :loveyou:

Oh, our family dinner will be tomorrow, so I am not out of the prepping just yet, LOL.

Really great Christmas present (which also shows how well my kids know me):

"Making a Murderer" on Netflicks, (filmed over 10 years). Steven Avery was charged and convicted of sexual assault, and subsequently sentenced to a lengthy prison term. He was eventually exonerated (by DNA, via the Innocence Project). Then, after getting out, he was charged, convicted and sentenced to life for murder.

Even though he was ultimately proven not guilty of the first crime, was he guilty of the second one?

Very interesting case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member