DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today on the calendar we have

February:
7 Wave All your Fingers at Your Neighbor Day

Wave.png

7 Send a Card to a Friend Day - obviously created by a card company (to you all!)

friends.jpg

Maurice White, Earth, Wind & Fire Singer and Co-Founder, Dead at 74

"Earth, Wind and Fire vocalist and co-founder Maurice White died in his sleep in Los Angeles on Wednesday evening. A rep for the band confirmed his passing to Rolling Stone.

He was 74.

The singer had been battling Parkinson's disease since 1992, according to TMZ. His health had reportedly deteriorated in recent months. Because of the disease, he had not toured with the pioneering soul and R&B group since 1994. He nevertheless remained active on the business side of the group..."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ire-singer-and-co-founder-dead-at-74-20160204

white5n-2-web.jpg

Link: http://assets.nydailynews.com/polop...gen/derivatives/article_307/white5n-2-web.jpg

[video=youtube;yw-em78BCRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw-em78BCRw[/video]

RIP :candle:

Maurice looks so youthful and vital in that photo, which is a sad counterpoint to the news of his death.

Paradoxically, youth feels like it will last forever, but almost all of us think being old only applies to other (older) people.

Some of us age more gracefully than others, but we're all aging nonetheless. And since death is the only alternative, we should be increasingly more glad with each passing day. Yet, it's kind of depressing...

I wonder: Do we cling to life more fiercely the closer we come to its end (even if it's slow and gradual)? Perhaps the longer we live the more we become convinced of our personal relevance in the world? How embarrassing would it be to live to a ripe old age but not have contributed something meaningful.

And what do animals (both wild and domesticated) think about the end of their days? Do they have some preconception of the crossover?

Just some random thoughts on this Sunday evening...

ETA

Obviously NOT watching the Super Bowl

This is a shout out to anyone from the Greenville area: Is there any info yet on whether Autumn's new baby is a boy or a girl?

Cute as can be, either way!!! and happy to see that that this time there were no problems.

I don't have this syndrome- it sounds terrible! :scared:

Millions Suffer From 'Exploding Head Syndrome'

[video=youtube;5cL5hArEWis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cL5hArEWis[/video]

But I occasionally have this: :sheesh:

Why You Sometimes Feel Like You're Falling And Jerk Awake When Trying To Fall Asleep

"You're drifting off to sleep, inching ever closer toward dreamland, when all of a sudden you sense danger. You feel yourself falling, try to catch yourself, and jerk abruptly awake.

What's going on? You've experienced a common sleep disturbance known as a hypnic jerk. (The same thing is sometimes called a hypnagogic jerk or a sleep start, and they don't always wake people up.)

"Nobody knows for sure what causes them," explains psychologist Tom Stafford at BBC Future, "but to me they represent the side effects of a hidden battle for control in the brain that happens each night on the cusp between wakefulness and dreams."

In other words, when the effects of sleep are just beginning to take over your body and brain, your waking self seems to creep back in unexpectedly sometimes, startling you awake. Boo...

What We Know About Hypnic Jerks...

If a patient is worried about their hypnic jerks, one review in the journal Chest notes, "reassurance that this is a normal phenomenon is all that is needed.".."

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-a-hypnic-jerk-2014-5

I have it; it really isn't too scary once you know it's normal phenomena.

I also have frequent episodes of sleep paralysis. Now that one scared the carp out of me the first time I experienced it because you are for all intents and purposes, paralyzed. I could move my eyes and see familiar things in the room but I also saw some things that, once fully awake found they were hallucinations. But again, once it was explained to me what it was and how to manipulate myself out of it, not so scary.

Autumn had a baby? I'm so happy to hear this as the last one kind of hit me hard. I was in love with Autumn, her husband and Daisy the boy.

Do you have a link?

Autumn had a baby? I'm so happy to hear this as the last one kind of hit me hard. I was in love with Autumn, her husband and Daisy the boy.

It was born last Tuesday so they could know boy or girl by now but I have not seen it mentioned. I have been watching it on the live cam. I think baby is asleep now, not moving much last few minutes.

ETA: Oops, I stand corrected. Now moving his/her head, still lying down though.

Every now and then I get a glimpse of Mom's face peeking over from the next stall.

Daisymae...Google giraffe cam. You will see listing for the live cam.

Autumn and baby are together right now. What a good mom she is!! Baby follows her around.

BBM Thank you. I had a good day with my son yesterday. I especially liked lunch because it gave us the opportunity to talk while we ate our lunch. :)

Here is another inblot (but Dr. Sigmund Y/N Freud will not analyze everyone's interpretations as she has retired to Italy. :facepalm: )

367ac920-fc1d-0132-f418-0e18518aac2f.jpg

Link: http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/upl...18518aac2f.jpg?w=670&fit=max&auto=format&q=70

I see: 2 pigs swinging on a gate

This is a good one.

An angel conducting a symphony with an angel on either side.

The baby was trying to nurse but Autumn keeps moving away.

I don't know how often they nurse at this age, less than a week! Maybe she isn't ready yet. Keep watching, it'll happen.

The baby was trying to nurse but Autumn keeps moving away.

I wonder if Autumn has mastitis? I was scairt there for a minute as it looked as though Autumn was going to cow kick the baby.

I wonder if Autumn has mastitis? I was scairt there for a minute as it looked as though Autumn was going to cow kick the baby.

Wouldn't they be monitored by staff since baby is less than a week old? The door was just opened for them to be together; prior, baby was alone for several hours. Maybe Mom was outdoors.

She was nuzzling baby's head a little bit ago. So certainly she recognized this as her babe.

I have also been watching the Greenville giraffe cam a lot .... The bavy was born mi Utes after I stopped watching that morning. drats! But it sure is a happy time to see this new baby.

I was really afraid to watch this time. It was sooooo sad last time.

I hope Mom is OK and accepting Baby as she should. You could tell last time that she was aware something was wrong. So, it seems she knows what's going on, good or not so good.

This baby is adorable! Interesting markings on its head and face.

This is a shout out to anyone from the Greenville area: Is there any info yet on whether Autumn's new baby is a boy or a girl?

Cute as can be, either way!!! and happy to see that that this time there were no problems.

Sounds like we won't know until Feb. 12 at a media event, according to their Facebook page.

Sending a hello to our CoffeeJunkie. I have been thinking of you and your son all weekend. I do hope there is still some improvement on his condition. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass