SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to "clean" up the downstairs so the backsplash can be installed tomorrow. I have all these Tupperware lids and no containers and vice versa. I am ready to just throw them all out and start over.

My DH installed new cabinets in the laundry room so "I" can keep it all organized. He informed me that I had 9 cans of partially used Pledge. No surprise there, only that now I have to use them up. Which means I have to dust. Which means cleaning.

I swear my dogs shed non stop just to aggravate me. The tumbleweeds of dog hair in every room are mind boggling. Why can't they just go outside and shed?

Zuri has some hot spots and is itching/gnawing like crazy. Do you all know of anything that helps? She gets them when she goes out in the snow and comes back in somewhat wet. I dry her off, but they still develop. Chayton has no skin issues like she does. I just feel badly for her. TIA.

RBBM:

My vet gave me (well charged, as they seldom give) a spray to use on my Rottweiler when he gets a hotspot. He also prescribed this very bitter spray to use when I see my dog biting a hot spot. It helped a lot. Sorry I can't recall the names of either. Hope your doggie improves as I so dislike any pet going through tough times.

I had added if they had the statement of smacking gum, I would have checked it. It was not on there. Also, if they had the following statements to check, I would have checked them too.
Slow drivers in the left lane.
People who stop suddenly in the middle of an aisle so you have to go around them.
People who walk up stairs on the left side instead of the right side. Didn't they learn that in elementary school?
Drivers that don't use a turn signal.
Shoppers that aren't aware that you are in the same aisle looking and hog the entire space.
Shoppers that don't have their credit card or money ready at checkout.
Customers at Dunkin Donuts that have not persued the available donuts and take forever to make up their minds which ones they want.
People who don't push their chairs in after they leave a table.
Ladies who don't clean up after themselves in the ladies room.

If they had all those statements, I think I would be in a whole new bwitchy category!

BBM

That gets me, too. But on several occasions lately I've noticed an odd phenomenon: At intersections where there is a left-turn lane, drivers don't use it, but instead sit in the main traffic lanes with their left turn signal on. I wonder what they think that lane is there for?

I have to "clean" up the downstairs so the backsplash can be installed tomorrow. I have all these Tupperware lids and no containers and vice versa. I am ready to just throw them all out and start over.

My DH installed new cabinets in the laundry room so "I" can keep it all organized. He informed me that I had 9 cans of partially used Pledge. No surprise there, only that now I have to use them up. Which means I have to dust. Which means cleaning.

I swear my dogs shed non stop just to aggravate me. The tumbleweeds of dog hair in every room are mind boggling. Why can't they just go outside and shed?

Zuri has some hot spots and is itching/gnawing like crazy. Do you all know of anything that helps? She gets them when she goes out in the snow and comes back in somewhat wet. I dry her off, but they still develop. Chayton has no skin issues like she does. I just feel badly for her. TIA.

Maybe between us we can make a complete bowl and lid set? Actually, I recently started cleaning out my over-abundance of containers and discarded any that did not have mates. Most likely I am now going to find the missing mate and wish I hadn't done that . Oh well. I don't need that many any more, so I guess it was worth losing the extra clutter and gaining a little space ..... for awhile. I seem to be filling it back up somehow, anyway. drats

Oh Zuri, you have been so helpful to us with our pet health issues, I wish I could help you. My son's dog has the worst skin problems I can imagine, even the MTD did not help. His only recourse seems to be to keep him on steroids :-( He gets fat, but at least he is happy. Whatever "our" dog is allergic to, is a nightmare.

Zuri ~ I use coconut oil for my pets and it sure helps! Just rub a bit on your hands and rub through into their hair.

Spell ~ Squeaks is called a blue coat Yorkie. It's not the lighting or your mind playing tricks :giggle:

You may have seen Yorkies in a variety of colorings. The American Kennel Club only recognizes four standard colorings -- black and tan, black and gold, blue and tan, and blue and gold. Parti-color is the one AKC accepted alternative coloring.

Blue Coloring
The dominant color combination for a Yorkshire terrier is blue and tan or blue and gold. Black is a recessive color in Yorkshires. Puppies born black and tan or black and gold will change to blue and tan or blue and gold unless their parents had the recessive black gene. The black coat can begin to change or break blue as early as 8 weeks. The result is a dark steel blue. The tan or gold markings deepen with age.
http://pets.thenest.com/colors-yorkie-terriers-coats-5711.html

Thank!!! That was all new to me, and I had to go look up more on it. I have only seen black-and-tan or black-and-gold yorkies. I would love to actually see Squeaks in-person, since this fascinated me. I love unique things, and for me Squeaks is unique! Beautiful.

BBM

I know, right? Where did their counterparts go? It's not like you typically use one without the other. Kinda like socks losing their mates in the laundry. Never been able to figure that out.

Around here, you can put tupperware in the recycling bin. Hopefully, you can where you are, too. Less guilty feelings that way.

Hey all!

guess what??!!! :happydance: :skip:

I got Juan's book today!! :juanettes: On a Sunday!!! :cheer:

After posting this - I'm going to start reading! :book: :juanettes:

My answers in red
Zuri said:
I had added if they had the statement of smacking gum, I would have checked it. It was not on there. Also, if they had the following statements to check, I would have checked them too.
Slow drivers in the left lane. - I HATE that!! If they don't go over after I've flashed my lights - I'll just zoom past them :lol:
People who stop suddenly in the middle of an aisle so you have to go around them. and since I use the electric carts they have (just can't walk thru the whole grocery store, as my left hip starts to hurt) - people leave their carts right in the MIDDLE of the aisle! :gaah: I say "Excuse me", but they are NOT listening - too focused on what they want to buy on the shelf!
People who walk up stairs on the left side instead of the right side. Didn't they learn that in elementary school? YEAH!!
Drivers that don't use a turn signal. if their windows are open - I yell - "Nice signal, *advertiser censored****!! :laughing:
Shoppers that aren't aware that you are in the same aisle looking and hog the entire space. see above ^^ with my electric cart!
Shoppers that don't have their credit card or money ready at checkout. I'm ALWAYS ready! :D
Customers at Dunkin Donuts that have not persued the available donuts and take forever to make up their minds which ones they want. don't have a Dunkin Donuts here... :(
People who don't push their chairs in after they leave a table. :gaah:
Ladies who don't clean up after themselves in the ladies room. unbelievable...

If they had all those statements, I think I would be in a whole new bwitchy category!

:laughcry:

So funny, I was just looking for some of our Tupperware bowls with a lid... frustrating...

Okay - off to read :book: my book!!!

:seeya:

I use/used Triamcinolone sometimes on my dogs (past and present) and it has helped many times. I once had a poodle that appeared to be allergic to grass or something in the grass and I put globs of it between his toes. It always cleared up his irritations. This is a cream I always have handy for me and my present boy.

Slow drivers in the left lane.
People who stop suddenly in the middle of an aisle so you have to go around them.
People who walk up stairs on the left side instead of the right side. Didn't they learn that in elementary school?
Drivers that don't use a turn signal.
Shoppers that aren't aware that you are in the same aisle looking and hog the entire space.
Shoppers that don't have their credit card or money ready at checkout.
Customers at Dunkin Donuts that have not persued the available donuts and take forever to make up their minds which ones they want.
People who don't push their chairs in after they leave a table.
Ladies who don't clean up after themselves in the ladies room.

People that let their small toddlers/children roam the restaurant that come and stand at your table, or stand up in a booth overlooking you as you eat, as they eat their dinner in peace. Also rocking back and forth hard against the back of the booth. If I wanted the aggravation I could stay home and fight with my own family, and get better results.

Shoppers that reach over in front of you and take the meat your looking at ( I feel like growling and snapping at them)

Screaming crying fit throwing kids should be taken out of the store immediately (same for movie theaters and restaurants) - if your kids can't behave leave them at home - the store is also not a place for a reunion.

Spitting anything on a sidewalk, or throwing toothpicks down.

Throwing dirty dirty diapers on the ground in parking lots after you change it

Yep Zuri, I'm with you and the ladies. We made "little packages" (the monthly visit from your friend) rolled in toilet paper before it went in the trash.

I'm sure there are many more. Men driving and picking their noses - you'd think they were digging for gold - men (you'd think down here it wouldn't be so gross) that dip and spit in an empty bottle or cup and you can see it.

[video=youtu;gbbIDOtriAA]http://youtu.be/gbbIDOtriAA[/video]

Hey all!

guess what??!!! :happydance: :skip:

I got Juan's book today!! :juanettes: On a Sunday!!! :cheer:

After posting this - I'm going to start reading! :book: :juanettes:

My answers in red

:laughcry:

So funny, I was just looking for some of our Tupperware bowls with a lid... frustrating...

Okay - off to read :book: my book!!!

:seeya:

I still have Tupperware going back to 1974 and some are missing lids,but then my dh compulsive as he is has bought me the large yellow salad bowl twice even after telling him I have one already ,OK so now I have three, and five lids.

I did my kitchen in the 70's avocado green appliances, yellow painted cabinets and walls and the linoleum was cream with yellow and orange flowers and green leaves. I had the orange canister set. I woke up one morning to Anna standing on a chair , sugar canister open ,and shoveling out sugar with a spoon over her shoulder.

You know I really should be reading.

1977 : Neil Diamond plays a televised concert at the Greek theater in Los Angeles. The show was released as the live album Love At The Greek.

[video=youtu;Ti2lJ8V0aX0]http://youtu.be/Ti2lJ8V0aX0[/video]

1950 - The first International Pancake Race was held in Liberal, Kansas. The annual event, scheduled each year on Shrove Tuesday, pits the women of Liberal against the women of Olney, Bucks, England. Wearing dresses and aprons, their heads covered in scarves, the women run a 415-yard, ‘S’ shaped course. Each woman also carries a pancake in a skillet and must toss the pancake three times. The fastest pancake carrier ran the race in 58.5 seconds in 1975. This record was set by Liberal’s Sheila Turner. This just seems so unnatural. No complete pancake mix, no real butter and Mrs. Butterworths. no bacon because bacon goes with everything. Oh good it's starting to thunder and lightening

[video=youtu;OzmqUM8ijnM]http://youtu.be/OzmqUM8ijnM[/video]

Zuri ~ I use coconut oil for my pets and it sure helps! Just rub a bit on your hands and rub through into their hair.

Spell ~ Squeaks is called a blue coat Yorkie. It's not the lighting or your mind playing tricks :giggle:

You may have seen Yorkies in a variety of colorings. The American Kennel Club only recognizes four standard colorings -- black and tan, black and gold, blue and tan, and blue and gold. Parti-color is the one AKC accepted alternative coloring.

Blue Coloring
The dominant color combination for a Yorkshire terrier is blue and tan or blue and gold. Black is a recessive color in Yorkshires. Puppies born black and tan or black and gold will change to blue and tan or blue and gold unless their parents had the recessive black gene. The black coat can begin to change or break blue as early as 8 weeks. The result is a dark steel blue. The tan or gold markings deepen with age.
http://pets.thenest.com/colors-yorkie-terriers-coats-5711.html

Ohhhhh! I thought it was the flash on your camera that made him blue! Thank you for explaining the different colors. I have never seen a blue Yorkie before. How rare are they? Wait.. My neighbor had a Yorkie and i thought it was Black and Tan. No? It was actually blue?

I will try and explain the coloring of Yorkies...they are a lot of yorkies around and some are black and other colors. When we decided in getting a Yorkie, I read many articles on the breed and learned that many breeders wanna make a fast buck and they sell yorkies that are not full blooded and you can buy for $300-$500. These dogs are bred in puppy mills and they are adorable, BUT! we didn't want give our money to these type breeders. We wanted a pure bred yorkie and looked for a breeder that was registered with AKA Yorkie Breeders. The full blooded yorkies are the blue coats. The breeder keeps the puppies in her her home, inside and she only bred 2 female twice a year. Her home was clean and the pups were well cared for. We filled out adoption papers, background was checked, vet called, groomer called and all the other 5 references; plus we signed a contract with the breeder that we would not breed Squeaks and have him neutered by 1 yr old. We met the breeder and spent the day with her and her family and Squeaks. She is checked out by the AKA each year making sure breeder is following the AKA Yorkie rules. That way his blood line stays pure as we did not buy him for breeding or show and that was cheaper. It is a AKA Yorkie guideline that Yorkie pups stay with the Momma till the are 12 - 14 weeks old, as they are so small when born. Just weighing ounces when born.

You can register any dog with the ACA (American Canine Association) but getting registered with AKA breeder must prove they are pure bred. Squeaks in registered with AKA.

Here is a pic of Squeaks Daddy & Momma the breeder. At Louisville KY for a dog show 2 years ago and Squeaks Daddy won :)
11040161_10203977692818992_292686792_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1934019_1077773547593_3407188_n.jpg
    1934019_1077773547593_3407188_n.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
CJ, I had to google Yorkshire Terriers last night as I am fascinated by the coat colors. I had no idea the black was also blue. Your dog is really special and what a lovely sire he has. I have found that doing due diligence on most everything is helpful, especially when buying a dog.

We had never owned GSDs before 2010. I had Maddy, a black Standard poodle and then Derby, a recessive (fluffy) Welsh corgi for years. Maddy died at 15 in 2/2010 and I was sick, missing the sound of her moving around at night. My bucket list began 11/09 after getting out of the hospital and a GSD had been on my wish list for years.

I started reading and researching and found a breeder fairly close to me whose dogs were known for their excellent temperament. I didn't need a show dog nor was I planning to do bite work. DD#1 and I went out to the breeder's home and looked at 2 litters of puppies. This one puppy gravitated to DD and she said she wanted her, so the breeder placed a purple collar on her. DH, DD#2 and I went on the weekend, after I had my husband's nurse tell him that we were getting a GSD as he would probably say no. The clincher was the "GSD was cheaper than a Dutch Warmbloods horse" which is what I told her to say. He just put his head down on the desk, shaking his head.

When the 3 of us were there, the same purple collar puppy gravitated to both DD2 and DH. I had not said a word about which puppy DD1 had chosen. The same puppy chose all of us. Voila! Zuri! She has been a blessing in our lives and she is deeply loved.

Fascinating, coffeej. Those are some gorgeous parents your Squeakers has. One more question ...... do all Yorkies have that long silky hair, or is the shorter curly hair just from a haircut?

Now I want our dog show to come back so I can search out blue Yorkies. Wish I had known this color fact a few weeks ago when they were here. Always a day late and a dollar short, I am.

Derby was getting older and was arthritic by 2012 and DD#1 thought that Zuri needed a puppy lol. So we went back to the same breeder and spoke at length with her about Zuri's personality and traits to find a puppy that would be a perfect addition. The breeder suggested Chayton for us as he is very easy going.

He is much easier to handle than Zuri, very mellow and passive. Zuri is high drive, very alpha and Chayton is the opposite lol. He herds her all the time and they play tag out back and just get along like two peas in a pod. Chayton is huge and imposing looking, not exactly to breed standard lol.

I describe him as the decoy as Zuri will be the one to rip someone's head off if they threaten any one of us. I like having that sense of security of two big dogs that are perceived as threats in a way. Love, love, love my GSDs!

I would love to learn more about y'alls dogs so please share!

Fascinating, coffeej. Those are some gorgeous parents your Squeakers has. One more question ...... do all Yorkies have that long silky hair, or is the shorter curly hair just from a haircut?

Now I want our dog show to come back so I can search out blue Yorkies. Wish I had known this color fact a few weeks ago when they were here. Always a day late and a dollar short, I am.

Me too Spellbound! Now, when I see a Yorkie, I am going to pay closer attention. Squeakers is adorable and I love that we can see the blue. I am always amazed at what I learn here lol.

The tile guy is coming at 11am EST and I am so looking forward to getting the kitchen finished. I need to edit the artwork in it and fine tune some things. What I thought would work initially is not working so well so I need to change a few things around.

I bought a kitchen table that can be regular height as well as counter height so I could use these beautiful chairs I found. Now I have changed my mind yet again and I am not so sure I like the look once all the clutter has been removed. I will post pics once the backsplash is in and will ask for feedback. I am so tired of making mistakes!

Yes, full blooded yorkies' hair is like human's hair and grows at a fast rate. Squeaks hair has grown 4 inches in 4 months! If the dog has curly hair they are not full blooded. Most owners prefer keeping the hair cut short as it is easier and after a show dog is retired, they breed them and keep the hair short. I like the long silky look and letting Squeaks hair grown long. Just don't know how long I will let it get. I groom him everyday, keeping the tangle out and his hair does feel like silk!

CJ, I had to google Yorkshire Terriers last night as I am fascinated by the coat colors. I had no idea the black was also blue. Your dog is really special and what a lovely sire he has. I have found that doing due diligence on most everything is helpful, especially when buying a dog.

We had never owned GSDs before 2010. I had Maddy, a black Standard poodle and then Derby, a recessive (fluffy) Welsh corgi for years. Maddy died at 15 in 2/2010 and I was sick, missing the sound of her moving around at night. My bucket list began 11/09 after getting out of the hospital and a GSD had been on my wish list for years.

I started reading and researching and found a breeder fairly close to me whose dogs were known for their excellent temperament. I didn't need a show dog nor was I planning to do bite work. DD#1 and I went out to the breeder's home and looked at 2 litters of puppies. This one puppy gravitated to DD and she said she wanted her, so the breeder placed a purple collar on her. DH, DD#2 and I went on the weekend, after I had my husband's nurse tell him that we were getting a GSD as he would probably say no. The clincher was the "GSD was cheaper than a Dutch Warmbloods horse" which is what I told her to say. He just put his head down on the desk, shaking his head.

When the 3 of us were there, the same purple collar puppy gravitated to both DD2 and DH. I had not said a word about which puppy DD1 had chosen. The same puppy chose all of us. Voila! Zuri! She has been a blessing in our lives and she is deeply loved.

:) I don't care about a show dog either or papers. But, I we were not buying a knock off of a puppy mill Yorkie! I'm so pleased with Squeaks and how his coat is turning out. He is SPECIAL and he's spoiled rotten!!! No regrets spending the $$ for him...

OK people...time I got off here and get ready...going sit with Ryan today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upstairsmeow