SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ, I saw an episode of "The Dog Whisperer" once where the Yorkie was dominate over GSDs in this person's home. Size doesn't matter does it lol. There was also an episode where the Cockatiel was dominate over the dogs! So size really doesn't matter!

The nice thing about small dogs is that they are portable and most hotels accept them without a question. I love that you can put them in a carrier and put them under the seat on an airplane too. Mine are 94 and 108 pounds respectively and apparently are not welcome at most hotels that have a weight limit. I never understood that either,

Bella, the Manchester Terrier rescue, is "unstable" in dog terms and weighs 38 lbs. my GSDs are very wary of her as she can turn in an instant. She gets along well with Chayton, but Zuri not so much. One day I was taking them in the car with me and Zuri went up front in the passenger seat (normally Bella does) and Chayton and Bella were in the back.

As I am driving Chayton climbs into the front passenger seat with Zuri as he didn't want to be in the back seat with Bella. I couldn't see anything with 2 huge dogs in one seat and the seatbelt alarm kept going off. I reseated them once I stopped, but what a sight! All because of a 38 lb. dog lol.

BBM

We used to have the most adorable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (she passed on about 6 months ago). A wonderful lap dog with a beautiful silky coat!

I will never forget taking her to PetSmart to be groomed and seeing her totally--and fearlessly--confronting a Rottweiler. I think the Rottweiler's owner was a surprised as I was!

For Skin Tags, I found the below link and the dental floss string method sounds very similar to this actual product described in #3 (TagBand Skin Tag Removal Device). I think that product can probably be bought in a pharmacy store for not too much. #3 sounds kind of like the dental floss method because from the sound of it I think it slides some kind of band around it and chokes it off.

I suppose the main thing before trying to remove one is to be sure the skin tag is just a normal skin tag and not something more serious. Some tags are pretty obvious they are just normal tags.

http://www.skintagsgone.com/

I found this somewhere - couldn't stop laughing! :laughcry:

hoping this is NOT Hope4More's DH candidate...

Attachments

• TedCruz.jpg
    TedCruz.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 17
Okay - about to sign off and read Juan's book... :eek:nline:

another funny...Music.jpg

Later! :seeya:

BBM

We used to have the most adorable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (she passed on about 6 months ago). A wonderful lap dog with a beautiful silky coat!

I will never forget taking her to PetSmart to be groomed and seeing her totally--and fearlessly--confronting a Rottweiler. I think the Rottweiler's owner was a surprised as I was!

I had not heard of that breed before but I sure recognize the picture of what they look like so I must have seen them before in a dog show or on a TV commercial. They are adorable looking and have some great traits.

I am sorry to hear of her recent passing as I am sure she is greatly missed.

http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/cavalier-king-charles-spaniel

I had not heard of that breed before but I sure recognize the picture of what they look like so I must have seen them before in a dog show or on a TV commercial. They are adorable looking and have some great traits.

I am sorry to hear of her recent passing as I am sure she is greatly missed.

http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/cavalier-king-charles-spaniel

Yes, they're often confused with King Charles Cavaliers, but it's a different breed. And while she was sweet as can be, she had that small dog thing of peeing when she got excited or scared; or when she felt ignored. Not a fan of that. :(

Our Border Collie is a great dog; so smart, loyal, protective and alert. But he sheds more than any dog I have ever had.

Eh, I guess they all have their pluses and minuses, but when they're ours, we love them anyway...

Yes, they're often confused with King Charles Cavaliers, but it's a different breed. And while she was sweet as can be, she had that small dog thing of peeing when she got excited or scared; or when she felt ignored. Not a fan of that. :(

Our Border Collie is a great dog; so smart, loyal, protective and alert. But he sheds more than any dog I have ever had.

Eh, I guess they all have their pluses and minuses, but when they're ours, we love them anyway...

Re BBM
Yes, you said it all right there.

I have always loved border collies too and always wanted one but I don't think I could ever give one the energy it needs. LOL

You have a real cutie there, Hatfield!

Nore, I think we will miss the worst of the storm. Starting out with rain Wednesday, turning to a mix and then mayb some snow. Hopefully no more than four or five inches. I do hope it keeps moving away and we get lucky once more. I am in no mood, nor shape, to be shoveling!

It started here last night, and by morning it was moving over us and heading east in Neesaki direction. Ice cold rain all this morning; it stopped for awhile and is now back to raining and the winds are gusting up to forty degrees, and my wind chimes are making a lot of sounds. I was reading the old thread and came across a post I did on December 26th about how high the winds were from the south. They were very hard to walk into, and about an hour later is when the tornado hit Garland and Rowlett.

They say it's because of el nino, I think it's God judgement on this nation, telling us to turn back before it's too late.

Chronicles 7:14 - if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

I have fifty pages to go, and it will be in the mail to my imaginary friend tomorrow, posthaste.

I'm now going to go back and watch the first trial again. I love reading Juan thoughts, and strategy. I wonder how nurm is going to make now that Juan's book it out.

February 23, 1945 and four days of bitter battle had taken its toll on the 28th Regiment of the Fifth Marine Division of the U.S. Marines. Their task had been to neutralize the defenses and scale the heavily fortified Mount Surabachi. The volcanic peak, at the southern tip of the Japanese island of Iwo Jima, was one of the first objectives of the Marines’ invasion of this small, strategic island, 750 miles south of Tokyo.
Although losses were heavy, the Marine platoon succeeded in its mission and reached the top of Mount Surabachi on this day. Victory was triumphant -- as the famous photograph (by Joe Rosenthal) of these Marines raising the American flag portrayed.

The photograph inspired the Marine Corps Memorial, Iwo Jima Statue which now stands near Arlington National Cemetery, the largest cast bronze statue in the world. This monument is dedicated to all U.S. Marines (since 1775) who have given their lives for their country.

As the flag was being raised, Navy Secretary James Forrestal was standing on the beachhead below. When he saw Old Glory waving in the breeze, he told Lt. General Holland M. Smith, “The raising of that flag on Surabachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years.”

[video=youtu;ApVAqfKCUsI]http://youtu.be/ApVAqfKCUsI[/video]

I found this somewhere - couldn't stop laughing! :laughcry:

hoping this is NOT Hope4More's DH candidate...

OMG!! :hilarious: I nearly woke my hubby up laughing!

Re BBM
Yes, you said it all right there.

I have always loved border collies too and always wanted one but I don't think I could ever give one the energy it needs. LOL

For sure, as urban-dwellers, we're not the perfect family for him. But when it came down to saving his life, I paid the big $$$ to make sure that happened.

We are not his perfect family, but we are the family who saved his life. Literally. So there's that.

He's not living in Border Collie heaven -- I'm sure he'd prefer big open spaces to run in --- but he's well taken care of. And, he knows that he's loved.

1966 - Lightnin’ Strikes makes Lou Christie a chart topper

[video=youtu;6RFBS8iU39Q]http://youtu.be/6RFBS8iU39Q[/video]

Does anyone watch "House of Cards" on Netflix?

Season 4 is getting ready to debut March 4th. I must admit I did binge watch the first and second seasons over several days after KCL said I should watch it. I couldn't stop!

Sorry Zuri, I really watch very little television. I have no idea what that show is even about.

Pages, you're playing my kind of music tonight!

Does anyone watch "House of Cards" on Netflix?

Season 4 is getting ready to debut March 4th. I must admit I did binge watch the first and second seasons over several days after KCL said I should watch it. I couldn't stop!

I do watch quite a few different shows but that is not one I know anything about. I may have to try to watch a few shows of it.

Thinking of Nore this morning. I hope she is able to get to the cemetey. :hug:

we had early rain, changed over to rain and snow, then a mix, and now is just drizzly. There must be about two inches of heavy slushy snow. Should warm up by the weekend, though. We are lucky --- there has been tornadoes south and east of us, and heavier snow just a few miles north.

You all be cafeful.

Good-morning-beautiful-people.png

Link: http://www.imgion.com/images/02/Good-morning-beautiful-people.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14h14 hours ago
Live Interview with #JuanMartinez Feb. 24, 2016!! http://thetrialdiaries.com/live-interview-with-juan-martinez-feb-24-2016/Juan … Martinez sits down with The Trial Diaries Jen Wood! #jodiarias

Live Interview with Juan Martinez Feb. 24, 2016!!

"Trial Diary Jen sits down with Top Prosecutor Juan Martinez on Wednesday 2/24/16 at 8pm EST to answer your questions! Juan Martinez will be live for one hour on Spreecast answering the questions you want to know. Please submit your question to thetrialdiaries@gmail.com and if read on the air you will be entered to win a signed copy of Conviction, The Untold Story Of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars!! Please be sure to add your name to question as it will be announced live on air. You don’t want to miss this!"

http://thetrialdiaries.com/live-interview-with-juan-martinez-feb-24-2016/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prison Crackdown! Jodi Arias Cell ‘Tossed’ By Guards With Dogs
The convicted killer is under intense scrutiny after X-rated rant.

"...The Public Information Officer at the Arizona Department of Corrections confirmed to Radar that Arias’ cell is indeed searched by guards with dogs trained to aid in the search.

“Cell searches are common practice for any inmate in any prison,” the rep said..."

http://radaronline.com/videos/jodi-...-after-violation-inmate-shawna-forde-reveals/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dalia Dippolito says 2009 murder plot part of acting script :silly:

February 23, 2016 | Filed in: 15th Circuit, 4th District Court of Appeal, Judge Glenn Kelley, murder, Uncategorized.

"UPDATE 3:25 p.m.: It was all part of an acting project, a planned actor’s showcase to be featured on YouTube in order to make Mohamed Shihadeh, Dalia Dippolito and her husband Michael into big stars.

That was how Dalia Dippolito described how she came to be caught on video trying to arrange her husband’s murder through an undercover detective posing as a hitman.
On the witness stand for the first time since her 2009 arrest, Dippolito – dressed in a camisole under a flowing pink sweater and dark pants – said things went wrong when she told Shihadeh during a meeting at a Chili’s restaurant that she didn’t want law enforcement involved in their ruse..."

http://postoncourts.blog.palmbeachp...-to-testify-for-first-time-since-2009-arrest/
--

Dalia Dippolito case update

[video=youtube;UEu0Xh6t2L4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEu0Xh6t2L4[/video]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MI Supreme Court ‏@MISupremeCourt Feb 20
Recently Adopted Criminal Jury Instructions: Discharge of a Firearm (effective 3/1/16) - http://buff.ly/1PXUxBe

"..."M Crim JI 11.37 Discharge of a Firearm from Motor Vehicle

(1) The defendant is charged with intentionally discharging a firearm from a motor
vehicle. To prove this charge, the prosecutor must prove each of the following elements
beyond a reasonable doubt:
(2) First, that the defendant discharged a firearm. 1
(3) Second, that [he / she] did so intentionally, that is, on purpose.
(4) Third, that [he / she] did so from a [motor vehicle / snowmobile / off-road
vehicle].2
(5) Fourth, that [he / she] discharged the firearm in a way that [endangered someone
else / caused physical injury to (name complainant) / caused serious impairment of a body
function to (name complainant) / caused the death of (name complainant)].
[Use (6) where it is alleged that the complainant suffered serious impairment of a body
function:]
(6) Serious impairment of a body function includes, but is not limited to, one or
more of the following: ..."

http://courts.mi.gov/Courts/Michiga...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michigan police say 6 dead in random shooting spree, suspect arrested

"The accused gunman who police say killed six people and wounded two others during a rampage in Michigan on Saturday night is a married father of two who was working as an Uber driver, USA Today reported.

Jason Dalton, 45, passed a background check when he was hired by Uber, the company told the paper. Dalton had no criminal record and only five traffic violations, police said..."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/2...ly-shooting-people-in-kalamazoo-michigan.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Execution date set, but Ohio has no lethal drugs

"The Ohio Supreme Court on Friday set an execution date for a condemned killer over the objection of two justices who question establishing dates when the state doesn't have any lethal drugs.

The court ruled 5-2 to schedule James Frazier's execution for Oct. 17, 2019. He was sentenced to death for the 2004 slaying of a woman in a Toledo apartment building where both lived.

The decision means Ohio now has 25 death row inmates with firm execution dates beginning early next year at a time when the Department of Rehabilitation and Correction still can't find drugs to put them to death with. It would have been 26, but one inmate recently had his execution delayed..."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...set-despite-Ohio-not-having-lethal-drugs.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida House Approves Ten-Juror Death Penalty

"he Florida House is moving forward with a new capital sentencing scheme after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the existing system just over a month ago. But even with last minute changes, lawmakers are hesitant to completely embrace unanimity.

Under current Florida law, juries in capital cases are supposed to issue an advisory sentence. Rep. Ross Spano (R-Dover) explains it's the next step the Supreme Court took issue with in Hurst v. Florida.

"If the judge sentences the defendant to death the judge must make written findings as to which aggravating circumstances he or she finds that enhance the penalty," Spano says. "It is this issue allowing the judge to find the elements of a crime that enhance the penalty to capital punishment that the court found unconstitutional in Hurst."

Shortly after that ruling, the gears of state began turning in Florida's capital. The state Supreme Court is weighing what the case means for existing death row inmates, and the Legislature is developing a new sentencing system for capital cases. The key sticking point between the chambers is unanimity.

Both agree on unanimity in assigning guilt.

Both agree on unanimity in finding aggravating factors in the penalty phase.

But where they disagree is the final step - recommendation of the death penalty. The House doesn't believe unanimity should be necessary..."

http://deathpenaltynews.blogspot.co...n=Feed:+DeathPenaltyNews+(Death+Penalty+News)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf