SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! That's one reason I'm glad I didn't have to send my book to her... :laughing:

Okay - girlfriend of little brother called yesterday, but I did NOT answer when I "saw" it was her and let it go to voice mail! :) So, she gave me the mortuary where little bro's ashes are, and said she will be homeless soon... So I am guessing she is leaving his ashes at the mortuary for us... After ALL this time and while all of us were down near L.A., she couldn't have told us than!!???!!! :gaah: Just today I sent my check and notarized papers to get his death cert. Also I emailed a mutual friend of GF & me (that would be little bro ex-GF) and asked if this GF can bring over some stuff that we would like back... like my Father's Fraternity Sword (it's a Latvian thing :D ) and hoping she found the pictures my little bro borrowed from our grandmother's photo album!! We want those! Waiting for my bro and sister to let me know if there is anything else they might want... and than will call her tomorrow, maybe, and ask her to drop all this stuff off at ex-GF's house. They are friends, by the way! So that's where we are now! At least she didn't ask for more money. I've sent an email to the mortuary asking how much is left to pay to get my little bro's ashes, but no reply yet; I have tried calling, but no one answers... what kind of mortuary is that? Don't answer their phones? Don't want business? :thinking: :lol:

Okay - see you all tomorrow!

:seeya:

edited to add: adding a picture of my Father with the sword (in his right hand) - the green, white and red are their "colors" for the fraternity "Selonija"; I below to a Latvian sorority called "Imeria" and our "colors" are brown, blue and gold! My Father was President at one time, and I believe this is his election night. :)

BBM

Niner, to put it bluntly this woman is a user and a loser. I would use whatever tactics available to retrieve your brother's remains and whatever family memorabilia she has in her possession.

My advice would be to string her along -- with false promises, if necessary -- long enough to get what you want. Then, good riddance to bad rubbish.

JMO

I'm with GigiG on this, Nore! Don't make waves ..... yet. Tread carefully, get what you want, and then --- good riddance. I do hope you get your brother's ashes soon.

Coffej, I am sorry about your shower work not getting done today. Bummer. Crossing my fingers that the weather cooperates tomorrow for you.

Darned allergies. I sure am sniffly tonight. It has been rainy, sleet and snow, and icy snow since late afternoon. I'm taking my blankie and going to bed. See y'all tomorrow.

:shame: Oh my ..... maybe you should fix her book by bending at least one page before sending it back, GigiG.

I can't bend a page in a hardback book. And never in my Bible. Too disrespectful. But a paperback kinda calls for a few bent pages.

GigiG is passing the book on never to return to me. It's to each that receives it to do as they wish.

and GigiG, the package was wrapped by dh that works for usps, and see what the machines do to mail and books, so he's a good wrapper. But then you almost hate to open any presents from him they are wrapped so well. Also to never mail anything with a peppermint in it. A company did that at Christmas one year in their greeting cards, and it took machines down and they had to be cleared before any more mail could go through.

Is it just a Southern thing that when you hear the God's name used in vain that you ask Him to forgive them?

[video=youtu;s3nhDityRew]http://youtu.be/s3nhDityRew[/video]

I'm with GigiG on this, Nore! Don't make waves ..... yet. Tread carefully, get what you want, and then --- good riddance. I do hope you get your brother's ashes soon.

Coffej, I am sorry about your shower work not getting done today. Bummer. Crossing my fingers that the weather cooperates tomorrow for you.

Darned allergies. I sure am sniffly tonight. It has been rainy, sleet and snow, and icy snow since late afternoon. I'm taking my blankie and going to bed. See y'all tomorrow.

Feel better soon, Spellie!

It's warm down here with some windows open .... but I'll be griping in a few months how I can't be outside due to intense humidity.

Hey all! :wave:

from my AARP magazine:

Rest Easy
March 13 - To adjust to the loss of an hour for daylight saving time, go to bed 15 minutes earlier each night for four nights.

California is thinking of getting rid of Daylight Saving Time - I sure hope so! :happydance:

:goodpost: ILikeToBendPages!!

regarding cleaning up trash - in Latvia, everyone is responsible for their portion of the street, gutter, in front of their house! So it better be clean, or you will get fined!!

Off to read :eek:nline: DeOrr's thread - looks like things are FINALLY coming together! Hope they find that little boy...

We have that here too Niner, but it's the people that litter that's on my list. My car is full of trash, because I'd never throw anything out the windows. When I get tired of it, I cram everything in a Walmart sack that float around my car, and put it in the trash.

My this was a busy day for March first wasn't it. It's official there are twenty days until spring!

1872 - Yellowstone National Park was appointed the United States' first national park on March 1st, 1872. It covers more than three and a half thousand square miles of plateaus, mountains and valleys Partly in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.

1932 - The Lindbergh baby is kidnapped when stolen from his crib at the family estate in Hopewell, New Jersey.

1934 - The Hoover Dam ( Boulder Dam ) is completed and turned over to the U.S. government. I always think of Travis and how she left him just a few hours later when she crossed over the dam the first time. Maybe one day they're be happier thoughts.

1954 : US tests hydrogen bomb in the Pacific archipelago of Bikini, part of the Marshall Islands.

1964 : The Beatles: I'm Happy Just to Dance With You, Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name

[video=youtu;7Z_3fdBfD74]http://youtu.be/7Z_3fdBfD74[/video]

and in

1967 - The Beatles: A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

1971 - The U.S. Capitol is by the radical left organization Weather Underground / Weatherman bomb the United States Capitol. A bomb was placed in the senate wing causing $300,000 damage and no injuries. Some good friends of our current president.

1978 - The coffin of Charlie Chaplin was stolen from a small, unguarded village cemetery in Switzerland. Now this you just ask yourself why.

2005 - Dennis Rader, accused of leading a double life as the BTK ( Bind, Torture and Kill, ) serial killer, was charged in Wichita, Kan., with 10 counts of first-degree murder between 1974 and 1991.. (Rader later pleaded guilty and received multiple life sentences. Some people just need killing.

1961 - The Everly Brothers had their third UK No.1 single with 'Walk Right Back' a song written by Sonny Curtis of The Crickets. I would turn ten that year.

http//youtu.be/c048o_KvWsA

Good Morning! ~ Remember SMILE! Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. —George Eliot

It's a cold morning and calling for more rain tomorrow. Question of the week is....will my shower be finished by Saturday?!

DH taught Squeaks a fancy trick last night, Squeaks loves, I mean LOVES raw carrots sliced thin and he has always stood up on his hind legs taking his carrot from our hand. Last night, DH was talking with DD and was getting Squeaks his carrot and was moving as he talked, Squeaks walked/hopped on his hind legs following that carrot! I was on the phone talking and Dh was so excited that Squeaks did this, yelled at me come and watch. It was cute ;)

It’s Not A Soup And It’s Not A Casserole…This Biscuit-Topped Stew Is The Best!!
http://12tomatoes.com/chicken-biscu...t_social_fb_photo_chicken-biscuit-stew_021216

Homemade Chocolate Candy’s Never Been This Easy!
http://12tomatoes.com/slow-cooker-n...cial_fb_video_slow-cooker-nut-clusters_020516

Unbelievable Slow Cooker Recipe: Beer-Infused Slow-Cooked Pork Belly
http://12tomatoes.com/unbelievable-...cipe-beerinfused-slowcooked-pork-belly_012916

This Recipe Brings The Soul Of Italy Right Into Your Kitchen, No Matter The Season!
http://12tomatoes.com/slow-cooker-r...-cooker-recipe-pork-and-beef-bolognese_122815

CRACKER CANDY (I'm going too try this)

Here’s what you need:
1 tube of saltines (~ 40 crackers +)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (either salted or unsalted; do not use margarine)
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar (I prefer light)
1 bag chocolate chips (I like semi-sweet)
1/2 to 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans (or toasted chopped almonds)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line cookie sheet with foil & spray with non-stick cooking spray. Line crackers end to end on sheet, breaking crackers to fit the end if necessary. In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and turn heat to medium. Continue stirring until boiling – then boil for 3 minutes (set timer). Pour over crackers, spread evenly working quickly. Put sheet into oven – bake for 5 minutes. Remove – pour chocolate chips over top – place a sheet of foil over and let melt for ~3 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over the top evenly. Add nuts to top – replace foil and refrigerate until set
(can be frozen)

Sausage Crescent Breakfast Casserole
---------------------------------------------------------
http://www.food.com/…/sausage-crescent-breakfast-casserole-…

1 1/2 lbs pork sausage, mild or 1 1/2 lbs hot pork sausage, your preference
1 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 2/3 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 2/3 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 garlic clove, minced
4 large eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
cayenne pepper (optional)
------------------------------------------------------
Directions
Brown sausage and garlic in a skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain grease from skillet.
Place crescent roll dough in the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish; press perforations and seams to seal together. Sprinkle sausage, garlic and cheese over dough.
Combine eggs and remaining ingredients; pour over mixture in dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

here a some Christmas Cards I have made (never too early start on Christmas) ;)

3c2d510a95d75a0b564afc212152d4a7.jpg

untitled.png

Morning all. It's Wednesday - chicken fried steak day. Mashed potatoes, cream gravy, green beans corn and a big salad, and a Italian Cream Cake.

I'm working on the duck pond in the Enchanted Forest book now. I now have more pencils that a first grade class room. I ordered a set of Faber-Castell, but I only got the set of sixty so not so many colors. So, I then ordered a set of 132 Prismacolors and now have more than enough. And like Zuri, and different bags to go places and things to carry, you have to have a pencil case to hold each brand.

[video=youtu;jBeOddejiGw]http://youtu.be/jBeOddejiGw[/video]

Morning all! :wave:

coffeejunkie said:
I'm sorry you and your family are going through this...heart breaking :( Praying you get everything settled, get the things you want and your dear brothers ashes. What a GF he had!

Tell me about it! :lol: BUT!! My sister (in Sweden) said she would call GF, as she gets "along" with her better than the rest of us! :) And will ask for the items that we would like - and she suggested that if she wants little bro's ashes, we should give them to her! BUT, other sister says - well, if she's going to be homeless, is she going to lug his ashes around??!! We don't think so... Anyway - we shall see how the phone coversation goes with my sister and her! I DO want that sword back!!!! :D

GigiG said:
BBM

Niner, to put it bluntly this woman is a user and a loser. I would use whatever tactics available to retrieve your brother's remains and whatever family memorabilia she has in her possession.

My advice would be to string her along -- with false promises, if necessary -- long enough to get what you want. Then, good riddance to bad rubbish.

JMO

That is what I would do! :giggle: But my sister is LOT more compassionate than I am... so we'll go with her suggestion and "see" how that plays out!

Spellbound said:
snipped by me...

I know that you meant me, instead of Nore in your first sentence... but...

:snowball:

ILikeToBendPages said:
We have that here too Niner, but it's the people that litter that's on my list. My car is full of trash, because I'd never throw anything out the windows. When I get tired of it, I cram everything in a Walmart sack that float around my car, and put it in the trash.

I have a BIG white plastic bag that I use over and over in behind the passenger side of my car for my trash! I HATE people who throw trash out of their cars! Especially LIT cigarettes!!! :gaah:
angry-smiley.gif

ILikeToBendPages said:
1961 - The Everly Brothers had their third UK No.1 single with 'Walk Right Back' a song written by Sonny Curtis of The Crickets. I would turn ten that year.

So... I'm 4 years older than you!
baby-smiley.gif

Rain here too coffeejunkie! Starting Thursday night through next Tuesday!!
multi-stars-smiley.gif
We sure need it here!

and here's my smile for the day:
square-smiley.gif

Love your Christmas Cards!!

It's definitely
spring-smiley.gif
here!

Okay - lazy day here :summer: Nothing planned for the day, but I SHOULD do my laundry, but will wait until this weekend, and it will be raining, so MAYBE the Huz will let me use the dryer...

Later!
bye-smiley.gif

Hi Niner, well I'm Irish! gotta read these pages. My B.D. is on National Spinach Day!! I like spinach , having some tonight, onions and bacon! take care :seeya:

I love raw spinach but do not like canned spinach. Its strange I guess. I really enjoy raw spinach and treat it like lettuce in a salad. Thing is though I can eat a whole bowl of nothing but spinach with a little dressing. LOL

I love the stuff fresh. But if it soggy from a can. Not so much. LOL

1957 - Butterfly - Charlie Gracie top the charts on the second day of March. The weatherman said that we're done with winter weather. The winds were high like March roaring in like a lion in February, and now in it feels like the first of April.

[video=youtu;dSpPxmx6GSg]http://youtu.be/dSpPxmx6GSg[/video]

Today's weather was horrible ~ it rained hard all morning, so the contractor could not use his saw, when it stopped raining, the winds picked up and the cold front moved in, we was without electricity most of the afternoon as the winds blew down some power lines. So, no work on the shower. Guess I didn't cross my fingers tight enough! Tomorrow is another day...
coffeej I hope you get your shower finished soon! I'm crossing my fingers for you too...as well as my toes and eyes! Your Christmas cards are lovely, you are very talented Ms. lady. I wish I had SOMETHING I do well, but I can't think of a thing.
Loved you list, especially this one
• When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble. :giggle:

lost my long post with several different replies :gaah: I am going to try to go on memory. Rut Row, I'm bound to forget a few.

Something is draining the battery in my car and it is dead every morning. If it what I think it is, it is a $2K repair. Ugh! DH bought an electrical charger that he connects to the battery overnight so I can at least start it if I have to. Car goes in Wednesday to be fixed.
BMM ~
This morning, Chayton was 3 legged hobbling, putting no weight on his back right leg. He injured it 2 days ago and was just licking it and then it swelled up last night. We couldn't find a puncture wound, just a small cut, which we cleaned. DD#2 took him to the vet today as I couldn't pick him up to put in my car. Fortunately, it is nothing serious that antibiotics won't cure. Hopefully.
How's Chayton's paw? I saw your pic with the beautiful GS's when they came "1st for best in Snow." Love your "wit" Zuri and the GS's are quite the camera hogs. :wink: It looks like they were enjoying getting their picture's taken and even posing for you.
We keep a little bottle of Tresaderm in the refrigerator for hot spots. It comes in handy as all dogs get them. You can use it for ear infections as well.
Did you get your car fixed? 2k isn't exactly pocket change, so I'm hoping it was not was you thought it was.

Niner I am hoping you get your fathers fraternity sword back, and especially your pictures. When I first started reading your post, I was almost sure she was going to ask to move in with you since she would soon be homeless. LOL

Spelly I hope you are feeling better my friend. You've always had my back and you are very special to me. :heart:

Pages Every time you post your dinner meal, my mouth waters. I only wish you lived closer :smile:
I also agree with your idea of making older kids learn the importance of compassion. Everything seems to be about "them" these days. We have all these kids today thinking/feeling/assuming they are just entitled. They don't seem to appreciate anything, they just expect it. No respect for authority. Like Cartman says "respect my authoritah"

[video=youtube;k1vKDM7wfiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1vKDM7wfiA[/video]

Dmacky said:
Niner I am hoping you get your fathers fraternity sword back, and especially your pictures. When I first started reading your post, I was almost sure she was going to ask to move in with you since she would soon be homeless. LOL

That's NOT funny! :giggle: Actually, when little bro was living here, he wanted her to move here with him - and my Huz and I said "Absolutely NOT"!! We knew than she was "strange"! LOL!

and received another phone call from her - and of course I did NOT answer!! I would have been VERY pizzed off on what she said. And what she said was "I am not his girlfriend, I'm his wife, and have power of attorney - and you are NOT getting his ashes!" short, but pizzed! :) So, I want to know - WHY did she call my sister and myself and tell us 'where' his ashes were, if not to pay for them, and have him NOT buried in a pauper's field in L.A. county???!! :gaah: I guess the lady at the mortuary must have called her and said something to her? That's the only way she would have known that I made arrangements in getting his ashes... I sent an email to sister in Sweden, who said she would call GF - I told her "Call her today!!!!!!" :D We shall see how this plays out! Indicidentally she is NOT his wife - if she "thinks" she's his common-law wife - that doesn't work in California! It's 7 years to become a common law wife and not applicable in California, plus the 7 years she "thinks" they lived together doesn't work, as little bro was up here living with us part of that time... they had broken up - but unfortunately, he went back to her...

Okay - Huz gets MORE fluid drained today... 4 liters so far; we shall see how much more today! But he sure feels better today!

Tonight we will be having green pepper beef with white rice! Yes, I've been making dinner every night this week so far... I'm learning, but still a novice! :D

I see I'm the only one here! :cry: hope to see more posts later when I check back in!

P.S. - hope you all don't mind, but I'm going to "alert" my post for a new thread - as this one is taking so long to come up for me... :waiting:

coffeej I hope you get your shower finished soon! I'm crossing my fingers for you too...as well as my toes and eyes! Your Christmas cards are lovely, you are very talented Ms. lady. I wish I had SOMETHING I do well, but I can't think of a thing.
Loved you list, especially this one
• When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble. :giggle:

lost my long post with several different replies :gaah: I am going to try to go on memory. Rut Row, I'm bound to forget a few.

snipped for space

Pages Every time you post your dinner meal, my mouth waters. I only wish you lived closer :smile:
I also agree with your idea of making older kids learn the importance of compassion. Everything seems to be about "them" these days. We have all these kids today thinking/feeling/assuming they are just entitled. They don't seem to appreciate anything, they just expect it. No respect for authority. Like Cartman says "respect my authoritah"

Can you imagine young people coming out of a two year "commitment" to their country and fellowman? Many might rethink that you "have" to go to college to be someone, or to make something out of yourself. I truly believe not everyone has to have a college education, and that many have been pushed through by their parents, and society.

I have a ham in the oven, potato salad and coleslaw in the fridge, beans baking in a crockpot, and a pineapple upside down cake. I've set the table for ten tonight.

Today spring has sprung. I've been on Allegra, and Zyrtec for a week now.

The Champs top the charts on this 63rd day of the year. This year there are 366 days left this year . 2016 is a leap year.

[video=youtu;Uyl7GP_VMJY]http://youtu.be/Uyl7GP_VMJY[/video]

That's NOT funny! :giggle: Actually, when little bro was living here, he wanted her to move here with him - and my Huz and I said "Absolutely NOT"!! We knew than she was "strange"! LOL!

and received another phone call from her - and of course I did NOT answer!! I would have been VERY pizzed off on what she said. And what she said was "I am not his girlfriend, I'm his wife, and have power of attorney - and you are NOT getting his ashes!" short, but pizzed! :) So, I want to know - WHY did she call my sister and myself and tell us 'where' his ashes were, if not to pay for them, and have him NOT buried in a pauper's field in L.A. county???!! :gaah: I guess the lady at the mortuary must have called her and said something to her? That's the only way she would have known that I made arrangements in getting his ashes... I sent an email to sister in Sweden, who said she would call GF - I told her "Call her today!!!!!!" :D We shall see how this plays out! Indicidentally she is NOT his wife - if she "thinks" she's his common-law wife - that doesn't work in California! It's 7 years to become a common law wife and not applicable in California, plus the 7 years she "thinks" they lived together doesn't work, as little bro was up here living with us part of that time... they had broken up - but unfortunately, he went back to her...

Okay - Huz gets MORE fluid drained today... 4 liters so far; we shall see how much more today! But he sure feels better today!

Tonight we will be having green pepper beef with white rice! Yes, I've been making dinner every night this week so far... I'm learning, but still a novice! :D

I see I'm the only one here! :cry: hope to see more posts later when I check back in!

P.S. - hope you all don't mind, but I'm going to "alert" my post for a new thread - as this one is taking so long to come up for me... :waiting:

Niner, your brother's GF really seems like a piece of work. I am growing increasingly angry with her on behalf of you and your sibs. She seems shameless! Is she really trying to hold his ashes hostage in an effort to extort money from your family? I might be misunderstanding, but her stories seem incongruous, manipulative and self-serving. I'm sincerely hoping you can get your brother's ashes and then cut off all communications with her. JMO

ETA

Glad the huz is feeling better!

Niner, your brother's GF really seems like a piece of work. I am growing increasingly angry with her on behalf of you and your sibs. She seems shameless! Is she really trying to hold his ashes hostage in an effort to extort money from your family? I might be misunderstanding, but her stories seem incongruous, manipulative and self-serving. I'm sincerely hoping you can get your brother's ashes and then cut off all communications with her. JMO

ETA

Totally agree with "she's really a piece of work"! :laughing: My Huz settled me down after her message - BUT than I found out she left another message on my sister's phone - she doesn't answer her calls either :giggle: - And said that I was "butting" in to stuff that is not my business - said SHE will be picking up the ashes! Now - how in the heck is she going to do that - WE get to pay for his ashes - since we don't want him buried in a pauper's field - BUT she ain't getting anything from me. I and my siblings will be having a Skype call on Monday (Huz' birthday!) and will discuss this further. And my sister in Sweden did call her last night (before all these outrageous voice messages) and said GF was very cordial to her (sister) and GF was so optimistic about finding a job (2 interviews set up) and hoping she can stay where she is. And also GF is going to try and get little bro's death benefits and his Soc. Sec. stuff! She just doesn't seem to realize common law marriages are not legal in California. BUT I'm done actually talking to her - GF seems to have a better repoire (sp?) with sister in Sweden! :)

Just stopping by - and AGAIN no one here... :(

Oh - The Huz is feeling a LOT better now that the left side has been all drained! Another 1 1/2 liters - so total is 5 1/2 liters from left side - next week he'll have his right side drained, which doesn't have that fluid...

So - see you all tomorrow!

ETA

Totally agree with "she's really a piece of work"! :laughing: My Huz settled me down after her message - BUT than I found out she left another message on my sister's phone - she doesn't answer her calls either :giggle: - And said that I was "butting" in to stuff that is not my business - said SHE will be picking up the ashes! Now - how in the heck is she going to do that - WE get to pay for his ashes - since we don't want him buried in a pauper's field - BUT she ain't getting anything from me. I and my siblings will be having a Skype call on Monday (Huz' birthday!) and will discuss this further. And my sister in Sweden did call her last night (before all these outrageous voice messages) and said GF was very cordial to her (sister) and GF was so optimistic about finding a job (2 interviews set up) and hoping she can stay where she is. And also GF is going to try and get little bro's death benefits and his Soc. Sec. stuff! She just doesn't seem to realize common law marriages are not legal in California. BUT I'm done actually talking to her - GF seems to have a better repoire (sp?) with sister in Sweden! :)

Just stopping by - and AGAIN no one here... :(

Oh - The Huz is feeling a LOT better now that the left side has been all drained! Another 1 1/2 liters - so total is 5 1/2 liters from left side - next week he'll have his right side drained, which doesn't have that fluid...

So - see you all tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members