SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This'll perk you up, Hopeful. He's waiting, dreamily, on the beaches of Waikiki, just for you....

attorney.jpg

Oh wow. Could he be anymore beautiful?

I hope you won't mind if I sneak in through your doggie door at dinnertime.

drooling-emoticon.gif

As long as you come with wine, and, don't mind coming through the regular door.....:floorlaugh:

hope she gets that stoopid smile wiped off that insipid face today...god give me strength...I cannot stand that chile...

My thought is, if the Judge mis read the Jury note yesterday, that will be the first item addressed today

i don't know that she can talk to them while they're deliberating to figure that out, so i don't think this will happen.
i think she answered the question she thought they asked. whether she was right or not, we won't know until they're done.

i DO know one thing. if a reporter uses a direct quote, or puts something inside quotation marks, which kiefer did, in a story, that HAS to be accurate. if he made it up or summed up the question, but put quotes around it, that's a cardinal sin in journalism. it's like quoting a person but changing the exact words they said---you just can't do that.

i'm hoping they come back with a verdict and explain that question, because that's the only way we'll ever know FOR SURE what they meant.

just to add, he was asked about this in a tweet----as to whether this was the question verbatim---and his answer was 'yes.' it's in KCL's thread, i believe.

Getting a little bit tired of hearing about Jodi's "mental illness" on HLN so I sent them an email.

Wanted to comment on Jodi's "personality disorder." In my opinion personality disorders are not mental illnesses they are character flaws. There has to come an end to trying to classify bad behaviors or evil people by labeling them. Labeling them with a "disorder" implies they have little to no control over their actions and therefore they should not be held to the same standard as someone not labeled. Jodi had a normal childhood. There is no evidence she was abused or neglected. She simply believes she is the only one in the world who matters. Lets stop giving her a pass and call a spade a spade. She planned and carried out this butchering of Travis and nothing should lessen her responsibility for those actions.
So pleased that someone has clarified the distinction between 'personality disorder' and mental illness. A personality disorder is NOT a mental illness. When we talk about 'personality disorder' we are talking about that person's character. It is a diagnosis given when test results indicate that a person's character has developed in a disordered way which inhibits their functioning in specific ways. However, they have full cognitive capacity and they are in control of their actions. Character disorders usually define those people who are more bad, than mad - so to speak. Jodie Ann Arias is to be held fully accountable for her behaviour. From the evidence, she planned the killing of Travis Alexander which was a premeditated, brutal killing. She is a dangerous person IMO. Her actions were sociopathic in regard to this murder. It was Travis who indicated that he feared for his life. He was right. He had reason to fear her. He most likely felt trapped by her relentless pursuit of him, but was blinded by the sexual manipulation.

Good morning! Thinking of the Alexander family today. Praying that the jury can come to a verdict today. If they have to select a new jury and do this phase all over again, it's going to be awful for the Alexanders. They've been through enough :(

O/T Sad morning for my hubby and I. Our kitty passed away. She was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia a couple of years ago, and had been healthy up until a few days ago. She lived a long time (almost seven years) with the disease, and was such a ball of love <3 Going to miss her so much.

So sorry, Leilei. (((((((HUGS))))))))

So sorry to hear of your loss. We are cat lovers here, too. I do believe all kitties go to heaven, where they immediately make themselves right at home!

Thank you Jane, and everyone. I have several friends involved in animal rescue, and they have all told me that she's at the Rainbow Bridge :) I like to think about that. Her mama is still with us, as is her brother, so we are giving them extra love today.

:heartbeat::cat:

I feel like we could use that nice warm grizzly here Sleuth. My vegetables that I just planted in the garden during our heat wave came kicking at my door this morning demanding a heater and blankets! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I just washed and packed up my electric blanket, only to drag it out yesterday and put it back on the bed. Oh...and I forgot I turned all the heat off when it was 80 degrees that week....I have ice hanging off places ice doesn't belong... :floorlaugh:

You're talking about here in the Willamette Valley? It has been unseasonably cold, that's for sure -- following unseasonably hot...

Isn't that odd for Montana this time of year?

Very humid here in MA today which is why I hate summer.

Its not that odd actually (I'm in the northwestern part-almost in Canada). My first summer here about 20 years ago, it snowed on the fourth of July :eek:

I hate humid and hot too!!

Its not that odd actually (I'm in the northwestern part-almost in Canada). My first summer here about 20 years ago, it snowed on the fourth of July :eek:

I hate humid and hot too!!

Your in that zone....lol Beautiful country where your at.

Why would they begin again today at 11 am ? Why that extra hour off? It's like they want it to go beyond the 3 / 4 day weekend. Grrrr

What? I didn't hear this news. Who said start time today is 11:00?

As long as you come with wine, and, don't mind coming through the regular door.....:floorlaugh:

Oh, I like to surprise my hosts. But, I'll make an exception in this case. So, MD 20/20, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela