SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the movie "Side Effects" The killer reminded me of JA

"He's merciless," Zervakos said of the lead prosceutor on he case. "I don't like being talked to like I'm stupid and I feel like that happened a few times."

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ial-trouble-in-sentencing-phase#ixzz2ULwjyi34

Talk down to you? What is he even talking about? Ultra-sensitive, isn't he. This juror's got a screw loose imo. :moo:

:facepalm: IMO he obviously needed to be talked down to more b/c no where in the jury instructions that I can recall, did it say they should compare the defendant's crime with anyone else's. :SMH:

"In an interview Friday, jury foreman provided a glimpse into the private deliberations, describing four women and eight men who struggled with the question: How heinous of a killing deserves a similar fate? "The system we think is flawed in that sense because this was not a case of a Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson," jury foreman told The Associated Press.
"It was a brutal no-win situation. ... I think that's kind of unfair." "We're not lawyers. We can't interpret the law. We're mere mortals. And I will tell you I've never felt more mere as a mortal than I felt for the last five months." "

:facepalm: As a sitting juror, you are not asked to be a lawyer, but a trier of fact.

This man should have recused himself, and when he didn't, depending on what he said in the deliberation room, another juror should have written a note to the judge to boot his arse.

Let this be a lesson, if ever on a jury and you get someone spouting nonsense like this guy is now saying, write a note to the judge and get that person replaced.

Juan is like that tough, gruff cop. You don't like him. He seems hard and unfeeling. He seems that way until you need him to save your life... If it was my family member dead, I'd want Juan because he fights for those without a voice and that's not easy. He's not there to have people like him. He's there to bring out facts. I don't think he's tough because he's a "little man". I think he's tough because you have to be to get justice. my opinion.

Even though I was always afraid that JM had a style that would turn off some people...I didn't care. I am a naturally passionate person too. He had no need to coddle witnesses and make evreyone like him. He was dealing with the most manipulative of witnesses. He was MORE respectful of the jurors time than anybody in that courtroom. He tried to get straght answers, but it was like trying to nail jello to a wall. I can believe that certain individuals had issues with his style, but after watching the ENTIRE trial, I don't see how any juror could think JM wasn't EXACTLY what this tyoe of case needed. He was battlng evil. What did they want, MaryfreakingPoppins?

After thoughts, actually, lingering thoughts. That fictional January 21, 2008 was exposed as an elaborate fabric of lies not only from the very clear text messages & emails but also disproved by the work schedule put on the screen and the fact that CM had to borrow Travis's car that day. She did not take huff and drive around in a ruined daze and she did work her shift. JM nailed her lies to the counter and what a sorry, shabby slander it was.

That was so amazing and pivotal, but iirc that came several months ago when JA was still on the stand and subsequently got lost in the mists of time imo. I wish JM had gone through things like that in more detail in his closing, because the constant sidebar interruptions disrupted the narrative and impeded the flow of info to the jury.

P.s. I finally got the nerve to watch the allocution. I should have watched it before hearing from the foreman. It's the only part of the trial I purposefully avoided until now. Jodi is the worst, and the best, little actress. She is a classic Borderline. Cunning, deceptive, charming, manipulative....but plan old Eff'ed up.

I watched some of the Foreman's interview and one thing stuck out. He said something to the effect of; "When I walked in and first saw her I thought there was no way she could have done this. She looked too (demure?)
I am disgusted by people who think they can judge someone by their looks. A lot of these are the same people who came into the retail places I worked and got really angry when you applied a rule that EVERYONE was required to do. Like show your license when writing a check. It always seemed that they believed that after 30 seconds of knowing them I should be able to tell that they weren't dishonest. :banghead:

They didn't understand either that the people who ARE dishonest will behave that way to try and push you.

:rant:

That's almost as disturbing as some the CBK's statements! Ugh, this guy was never gonna vote DP, and he knew it.

:eek:fftopic: Gotta <3 the hackers

Hacker Turns Westboro Baptist Church Hate Page Into Donation Site

The Westboro Baptist Church can add another group to its "hate" list: hackers.
<snipped>

The website was unavailable at time of writing, but according to reports, another message below the image read: "'On the 8th day, God created hackers, and he saw that it was good.' From the Gospel according to @th3j35t3r Redirecting in 5 seconds……." Moments later, then, visitors were taken to a Red Cross donation site for victims of the storm.
<snipped>

http://mashable.com/2013/05/25/westboro-hacker-oklahoma/

Not gonna lie, I would love to see the hackers get to another site, if you know what/who I mean.

LOVE IT!

I live in IL. My children went to NIU (northern Illinois univ). They had horrible shooting there and many were killed. This worthless group of hate-mongers calling themselves a "church" tried to picket the funerals of the murdered students! UGH!

In all honesty i believe the case was a slam dunk based on the evidence, not on the prosecutor. IMHO.

Well...we all thought the same of OJ's case...yet the right results didn't come to fruition. The prosecutor plays a big part, seeming slam dunk or not. If the prosecutor presents a case poorly it can result in bad results, in spite of evidence. Not fair but that is how many ppl are.
Also it shows that his "too aggressive" style didn't result in an aquittal or manslaughter, as some here and elsewhere proclaimed.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not clear on Jodi's lifestyle and living arrangements in jail before and during the trial.

Before the trial, she was part of the general population and had a roommate. Is that correct?

Then, when trial began, I understood she was moved to a single cell and was no longer able to socialize with others, right?

Ohhh, I love Harry and read everything Connelly writes.

I'm currently into Ace Atkins. I read "the lost ones". I should have read "the ranger" first but am reading it next. And the third part of the trilogy comes out next week. Good character, a small town Mississippi sheriff who was an army ranger. The guy's a good writer.

I have a confession as to why I like Juan, his "if I told you I was 6' would I be lying a little or a lot" was awesome. But he also reminds me of Monk, which is kinda why I like him even more... No rocks...tomatoes are ok! ;)

Just watched the movie "Side Effects" The killer reminded me of JA

Channing Tatum.. yes please... I'm gonna have to watch this after the Wings v Hawks game is done. GO WINGS!!!

Thanks! :seeya:

Smoothoperator that was a fantastic post and I totally agree with your post.

I work in the lovely state of Delaware. I was born and raised in the Bronx, in NYC. I am a scientist by trade. If there is ANYONE on the planet that tells it like it is, it is ME. I don't do subtlety, I don't do nicely-nicey, I don't know how to mince garlic, nor my words. It's the facts, ma'am, and just the plain old facts, you either like me, or you don't. I don't try to win hearts or minds, but I do expect people to be swayed by facts when I give them facts. That's me, who I am, to the core.

Having moved down here, to me, the "almost south", I had a very rude awakening. I was coached, my first year down here, on how to improve my performance at work. I needed to "soften" my approach. Say things like "it would be better if...." And "I think it is...." Instead if my usual, "do it like this it works better" or "you're wrong, it is like this.."
In any case, I get Juan, and I cheer him at times when I am angry at JA. But that approach, like my approach, does turn off some people. And in his case it may bring out the protectiveness in the protective type older men with daughters. Another thing about Martinez's approach, it gave me agitata to listen to for long stretches, and I would find I would just end up tuning it out, spacing out, and having to read what I had missed on WS. The jurors can't go back and read WS - so if they tune out for a while, they miss it, period.
For those of you who watch the TH on HLN, we heard, over and over, that The defense kept JA on the stand for days and days so that jurors would form a bond with JA. The jurors didn't come into watching the trial preloaded with hate for her like most of us did. So they may have bonded a little, even before Martinez got her on cross. They didn't know what we knew before he crossed on her. And it may have worked well enough to make 4 jurors not able to give her the death penalty.

Anyhow, possible lessons to be learned going forward. I don't dislike Martinez, nor his style, all the time. I do think he should become more judicious at using it, and he would become more effective. JMO. I am a better manager now that I live in the almost south. I have learned how to be less direct when I need to be.

I'm currently into Ace Atkins. I read "the lost ones". I should have read "the ranger" first but am reading it next. And the third part of the trilogy comes out next week. Good character, a small town Mississippi sheriff who was an army ranger. The guy's a good writer.

HUGE fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels. Started reading him years ago, before he was "hot".

Thanks for recommendation on Ace Atkins....love the sound of that name....He's the guy picking up the Spenser novels, right? Will check him out

:facepalm: IMO he obviously needed to be talked down to more b/c no where in the jury instructions that I can recall, did it say they should compare the defendant's crime with anyone else's. :SMH:

:facepalm: As a sitting juror, you are not asked to be a lawyer, but a trier of fact.

This man should have recused himself, and when he didn't, depending on what he said in the deliberation room, another juror should have written a note to the judge to boot his arse.

Let this be a lesson, if ever on a jury and you get someone spouting nonsense like this guy is now saying, write a note to the judge and get that person replaced.

It sure begs the question: "so, when you were in voir dire, and saw the defendant, who you were told was jodi arias who killed one victim, and not Charles Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer who killed multiple victims, were you being honest when you said you would consider the death penalty for her?"

It sure begs the question: "so, when you were in voir dire, and saw the defendant, who you were told was jodi arias who killed one victim, and not Charles Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer who killed multiple victims, were you being honest when you said you would consider the death penalty for her?"

:goodpost: If he gives another interview, I hope he is asked this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove