SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm refusing to work today. It's either sit here on WS or go home because I have no patience and I'm not in the mood for any of these people. All I want to do is curl up in bed with my ipad and post with you all.

But, I'll stay at work, as long as everyone leaves me alone.

I hope we all cheer up. Foul moods suck.

Bad moods do suck!

PS We want you here whatever mood you're in.

LOL that's funny because I just e-mailed Dr Drew last night almost the same thing. I said Dr Drew, it's not "mental illness" when she clearly knows what she's doing and she purposefully does it for one reason - to benefit Jodi. I also said her so-called "personality disorder" is actually this : Spoiled Brat who Nobody Held Accountable for Her Actions Her Whole Life. I said, Dr. Drew, do you have this "personality disorder" is your DSMIV?? LOL> And I told him I stopped watching his show during the penalty phase b/c he was showing too much compassion for Jodi.

i think the 'mental illness' road is a dangerous road to go down, and it seems like it happens in too many cases. people say 'well, she must be crazy. a normal person couldn't do something like that.' then pretty soon they're saying 'we can't put this person to death because obviously there's something wrong with her.'

IMO, there is something wrong with a LOT of people who commit murder. they, like her, have personality disorders. they don't think there's anything wrong with them----it's normal to them. it's how they navigate life. of course, it's not normal to the rest of us, and we must have a way to protect ourselves from them.

dr. drew has done this, JVM has done this too (she's such a maroon). JA's 'crazy' so we shouldn't execute her.
au contraire, i say. that's why she SHOULD be sentenced to death. she's a person with a vital piece missing, and society has the right to rid itself of her so she can't hurt anyone else, ever again, and PUNISH her for what she did to an innocent human being.

O/T Sad morning for my hubby and I. Our kitty passed away. She was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia a couple of years ago, and had been healthy up until a few days ago. She lived a long time (almost seven years) with the disease, and was such a ball of love <3 Going to miss her so much.

i really am sorry to read about your kitty, Leilei. Sounds like you took very good care of her and were blessed with many years. She'll be waiting on you when it's your turn. Hugs.

In the last thread, Rosemary Pierce said she was in a foul mood (I meant to comment on that but then came over here and forgot).

Must be something in the air because I'm about ready to stab someone in the face. Hopefully we get a verdict and it uplifts us all.

i know what you mean, i felt that way all day yesterday, then came home and there was a jury summons waiting for me. geez.

Yes Slueth5, let's relive the old days. Bring the MD20/20 and I am sure I will not see tomorrow. That's if I could even bring it to my lips.

JSS sentenced this dude to Life. His hair should get the death penalty.

To keep up with the foul mood theme, Ive been feeling pretty crappy myself today. Thanks for the giggle! :floorlaugh:

It's the same here today, which is making me want to go home all the more. I love that you have on blue comfies!!

It was warm and humid yesterday, but it's chilly enough today to wear flannels :D I don't have any in blue, though, so the lightweight loungers will have to do.

Posted this on the other thread right before it closed, so sharing here.

I didn't find anything confusing about the meaning of the question that has been attributed to Juror 18--assuming it's legit. It was a "what if" question that asked for procedural clarification, not a declaration that the jury was deadlocked.

The Maricopa County Superior Court Twitter account (@courtpio) posted the following tweet yesterdayJury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction The substance of this tweet matches the nature of the juror question as reported by Michael Kiefer.

The crux of the confusion stems from what happened in Court. In her response to a juror "note" (Judge's word, not mine), the Judge very clearly took the note to mean that the Jury was unable to reach a unanimous decision. Before she addressed the jury, she called the attorneys up to the bench to review the note. One person "misreading" the note is one thing, but four people--including Juan Martinez--well I have to say, that's hard for me to reconcile.

The Judge gave the Allen charge as if she had been informed the jury told her they were deadlocked. Her actions didn't fit with either the information tweeted by the Court's public information officer or the question that was supposedly asked by Juror 18.

We can only wait. The jury put in a full day of work Wednesday after the two morning interruptions (one to inform them of an omitted jury instruction and the other to address the so-called "deadlock) and I take that as a good sign. I hope the jury reaches a unanimous decision one way or another. I would hate for the Alexander family to have to endure the process of impaneling a new jury to hear evidence before deciding on a sentence.

If for some reason, this jury decides on life rather than the DP, I fully believe the Judge will sentence her to LWOP. Here's why: JA has been found guilty of premeditated first-degree murder and seven of 12 jurors ALSO found her guilty of felony murder. The same jury also found that Jodi was guilty of murdering Travis in an especially cruel manner, making her death penalty eligible. Whatever some may think of Judge Stephens, she will not give Jodi the opportunity to walk among us as a free woman. She knows Jodi perjured herself on the witness stand, she is privy to all the shenanigans that went on in the sealed proceedings, she knows that Jodi has been "tweeting" through her minions, she knows (and has no doubt watched/read) about the countless post-conviction TV interviews. Most important of all, like the rest of us, Judge Stephens has not seen anything close to remorse from the mouth of Jodi Arias. If it comes down to Judge Stephens deciding on which version of life Jodi gets, it will be "without parole." I know that won't satisfy many people here, but I'd rather see a verdict from THIS JURY than have the Jodi show go on a day longer than it has to. MOO. Justice for Travis!

Well said! TY :seeya:

That really bothered me with the bailiff yesterday, I wonder what he was thinking and why he would even talk to the vixen?

Probably the same reason Travis did. She's like a, well, think of a creature that pulls its prey in with its looks. Or maybe even a plant, like a Venus Flytrap! Luckily, that bailiff has seen all the horrible pictures and heard the testimony. Travis wasn't so lucky, unfortunately, to get such a "heads-up" beforehand.

I am curious! How can anyone say they will not support this jury if no death penalty is given? This is the same jury who convicted her of premeditated murder with aggravation. This is the jury who has been in that courtroom for five months. And this jury didn't get to see all of Jodi's recent interviews. They do not know all the evidence and stories from friends that we know about. We don't know why they weren't told Jodi had two knives and a gun with her upon arrest. We dont know why they did not see her parents being interviewed. There was a lot kept from this jury. Why? I don't know. But all of you who were glowing about this jury when they came back with murder one, now want to give them a hard time when they haven't even reached a verdict! They know Jodi is evil. They may give her the dp. They may also think she is crazy sick and deserves life in prison. It is their decision.
Judgmental much?
I agree. I find it completely disrespectful to malign this jury in ANY WAY. They have given up almost six months of their lives in the service of justice. JA is a convicted murderer. Nothing will change that. She will go away for the rest of her life one way or another. It's easy to be self-righteous and indignant when you aren't the one making a decision about whether Jodi lives or dies. Yes, JA is a horrible human being and what she did to Travis was heinous and unconscionable, but I think sentencing someone to death should take time and soul searching--even for jurors that have been death-qualified. To that end, there was a very insightful post from a Websleuths member (I believe the person's name begins with Hope) on here yesterday that discusses her (or his) first-hand experience on a death penalty trial. Worth a read if you can find it.

I hope and pray that this jury reaches a unanimous verdict and I thank them for their sacrifice and their service--whatever the outcome may be.

This is something I posted on the media interview thread relating to this:

OMG. The Ryan Owens interview had by far been the best...only one who challenged her and called her out.

The part that got me the most was when he said "so you think ppl will be safe with Jodi Arias out of these 4 walls"...and she said, "yes, if you don't abuse me or attack me or threaten to kill me, then you're safe." WTF, who talks like that????? OMG I wish the jury could have seen that. Basically, what she's saying is that if I perceive that someone is abusing me or attacking me, I am capable of doing the same thing again. WTF???? Omigosh, I just can't wrap my head around that. She IS a danger to society if let out.

And as we know, she perceives unreal things as being real. So let's say if she ever gets out, let's say she's with someone like her mom. Her mom says some innocent thing, but Jodi gets it in her head that her mom is verbally "attacking" her...well then by her own admission her mom, or whoever, better be scared for her life. B/c Jodi just might go and "defend" her self again. I'm sure Juan and Flores and the Mesa PD nearly jumped out of their skins when they heard that.

Good morning, all! The BBM portion of your post is the clip I wish the TH's would run non-stop! My jaw dropped when she said that and I wondered if that statement included those that have "attacked" her in the past as well. She is one scary woman! :scared:

Prayers to the Alexander family for a DP verdict today!:please:

Good morning! Thinking of the Alexander family today. Praying that the jury can come to a verdict today. If they have to select a new jury and do this phase all over again, it's going to be awful for the Alexanders. They've been through enough :(

O/T Sad morning for my hubby and I. Our kitty passed away. She was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia a couple of years ago, and had been healthy up until a few days ago. She lived a long time (almost seven years) with the disease, and was such a ball of love <3 Going to miss her so much.

(((LeiLei)))

So sorry you lost your precious baby! It's just so hard!

I can't remember at this point which interview this came from, but she was asked if she was religious or believed in heaven or hell etc. She said she was not religious but still felt spiritual. When asked where she thought she would go (heaven or hell), she said something like ... well .. I do believe in heaven and hell, but maybe not in the traditional way.

But I do believe in "forgiveness, mercy and second chances" ..... Pfffft!! Those are ALL of the things she NEVER gave Travis.

Please kill this biotch ... there is NOTHING redeeming about her ... she has no value. And ... when she said that she wouldn't be a threat to anyone if released, unless she was abused or threatened etc. .... OMG ... this person needs to be locked away until she gets the needle. I am SO over her ... I refuse to watch any more TV or interviews. I'll just keep reading here ... but that's it. She is sucking the life out of me ... why do the media keep talking to her. PLEASE STOP!! I can't watch HLN anymore either.

I think my past 4-month addiction has finally been rehabilitated. Cured myself ... thank goodness.

I just love all of you guys. I will continue to lurk (mostly) and post now and again. This is a nice community to belong to. Thanks for hearing my pain .... having some family health problems that need attention ... so I'm getting some perspective in my life. Carry on gang ... I'll be reading and lurking ... :seeya:

Yes Slueth5, let's relive the old days. Bring the MD20/20 and I am sure I will not see tomorrow. That's if I could even bring it to my lips.

I wish I could remember who said that the hungover started as soon as it touched your lips, but truer words were never spoken. :floorlaugh:

I wish it would rain around here.Hasn't in forever. Nearby New Mexico...nearby in that it's just down the street from me has had the longest drought in over 150 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela