SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
informed, having an opinion and wanting justice is not a witch trial.

There were no such things as witches, they were wrongly accused, wrongly convicted and wrongly burned to death.

Please show me the similarities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I checked we live in a democratic society. We don't live under an authoritarian regime. I guess some think that by labelling the majority as wanting 'blood' and 'witch-hunts' that they can silence us. Or something.

This was posted in Chat House News. Intersing perspective on the reality of life that JA will be facing in prison.

Jodi Arias Rose colored glasses - Revised and Narrated - YouTube

Sorry, that it's a copy and paste. Still new to posting and couldn't figure out how to imbed the URL.

Thanks for posting this.

I had no illusions about what CKJA faces in prison once convicted of first degree murder, which made me really incredulous when she talked about her little projects in prison. How could she be in jail for almost five years and not hear talk about the "big house" and what she could be facing?

She kept repeating in her interviews that she doesn't know anything about prison. Maybe she really is living in her own bubble on this one, but I agree with the narrator who thinks that her counsel should have at least prepared her for the reality of her situation. Perhaps they and others did, and what we are hearing is life in CKJA's alternate reality. Then again, should anything this woman says be taken at face value?

One word she used a lot in her testimony was "goals". She is capable of short term goals, as many of us are convinced she planned and executed the murder of Travis Alexander sometime between May 26 and May 27, 2008. It seems that she either does not understand consequences or is unwilling to consider them.

I am thankful that Sheriff Joe has placed her in closed custody for the duration of her time in jail. She is now completely isolated except for limited visitation and any time spent with her lawyers working on the case. This is just a taste of what she has in store when she is transferred to Perryville. If the State decides to pursue the death penalty in a retrial, I expect to see some marked changes in her appearance and demeanor when she returns to court.

Maybe i'm missing something.

Is the hung jury part that everyone is upset over?

Would it have been better if the verdict came back as LWOP?

Yes!
Even if they were genuinely hung I could respect that and did until Foreman spoke and said he believed the judge SHOULD decide. He clearly did not want the burden he accepted when he took that oath.

Just wanted to say I have not listened or watched ANYTHING this foreperson has said. Your comments here are enough for me. I am just going to hold my tongue and sit on my hands about this "man."
I do hope all of you will continue to see this out until the very end. I KNOW I will. I owe that to the family.

Between this "non verdict", sitting in this hospital watching poison dripping slowly into my child's body, AND leaving my anti-depressants at home......I am having a really hard time. I cannot take much more. HOPEFULLY we will go home tomorrow for 2 whole weeks!

I do take pleasure in thinking of CMJA being locked up 23 hours a day without being able to open her lying *advertiser censored* mouth... I wish nothing but the worst for that creature.

I think the majority of us would have been okay had the foreman simply written a message. The alternate juror did that. All he needed was to say they tried their best but couldn't do it. And a kind word for Travis and family. The end. We all move on. And I'm surprised that he didn't think it would be best (at least for Travis' family) to keep quiet. He had the choice between spewing BS or being kind. He chose the former.

It's kind of like with CMJA...we want her to shut up, but yet we also want her to talk just to dissect her some more and to FIGURE OUT what she is and how her mind works. Studying her like a bug, like someone else said.

It's the same thing with this guy - if he had just written a note we would have no idea about the workings of his brain and thought process in this case. He's like a bug too. We would have had no idea that there was someone like that on the jury, and the FOREMAN to top it off. I am still wrapping my head around that one.

I think the majority of us would have been okay had the foreman simply written a message. The alternate juror did that. All he needed was to say they tried their best but couldn't do it. And a kind word for Travis and family. The end. We all move on. And I'm surprised that he didn't think it would be best (at least for Travis' family) to keep quiet. He had the choice between spewing BS or being kind. He chose the former.

He made the choice he did because its all about him, a perspective after 5 months of this trial that makes me feel....agitated.

She didn't instruct them on what would happen because it shouldn't matter if they're doing their job. What would happen should be of no concern to them. They have a single goal.... Try to reach a verdict.

Agree. The jury was given the rules for deliberation. Do this. Do that. Don't do this. Don't do that.

They deliberated. They could not come to a unanimous decision. They were split. Being death "qualified" did not mean they were supposed to come to a death verdict. Why is this difficult to understand? That's why they had to deliberate about it...because it was not a fait accompli. And to be clear, the jury is supposed to determine death (yes/no), if they can come to a unanimous decision. It is not the family's decision in any way at this point.

For purposes of deliberating, it doesn't matter what the "next step" is after they conclude their deliberation. They do not carry the burden of what the AZ legal system mandates. IMO, the AZ process for determining the death penalty is archaic. Waaaaaay too many steps involved. It's ridiculous.

I believe a LWOP verdict would have started a riot with HLN heading the way with their pitch forks drawn.

This foreman guy would have been the first one to get kicked off during jury selection had he revealed his thoughts about how unfair it is that a jury has to decide life or death. JM would have said 'NEXT!'

So, basically he lied during voir dire?

O/T but I noticed we have a Gilligan and Maryann on the board now. So any lurkers who decide to join (it's free) should sign up as Ginger or Mr. Howell or Mrs. Howell or Skipper, and Professor. it would help if the Howells were a married couple.

Then we could work on getting a Bobby, Peter, Greg, Jan, Cindy and Marcia. :giggle:

BBM~ Oh yes! Like her freak out post conviction and going to the psych unit. I can just imagine her underneath the table possible faking a breakdown.

My memory recalls that all 12 jurors voted pre med and an additonal 5 voted both pre med and felony murder. Am I correct that in the penalty phase 8 jurors voted DP and 4-Life? With the alternate, juror #8 personally saying they would vote DP..I think that there is a pretty fair chance this new jury will be open to DP. And in the event this next seated jury cannot decide or give life..CMJA will in the least be sentenced by JSS to LWOP..I cannot see JSS do otherwise..she did listen and hear all the evidence allowed and excluded, including the JA antics and interviews..I can't wait for the info to be unsealed...JMO

It's kind of like with CMJA...we want her to shut up, but yet we also want her to talk just to dissect her some more and to FIGURE OUT what she is and how her mind works. Studying her like a bug, like someone else said..

No, I really do want her to just shut up, and am immensely gratified that she has been shut up until July at the very earliest.

In the end, giving Jodi LWOP would satisfy me.

All I know is she cannot ever be let out into society.

If the trial continues on, so will Jodi's so called fame. Throw her in the pen, and throw away the key. At least we know she cannot kill another man.

Hey Elle,

I was thinking last night about this comment from the foreman..."I believe she was verbally and mentally abused by Travis. I think she has a mental problem."

I just can't figure out how the state can overcome this in a do-over sentencing phase.

Truthfully... I never believed this jury would give her death. Since I'm being truthful...and risking getting smacked around ... I was never sure she fit the "worst of the worst" criteria as far as murderers go. Scott Peterson was a different ball of wax. Lacey never had a cross word for him or anyone else. Not to mention the unborn child part which was effing hideous. His clear gain was to rid himself of all responsibilities to pursue other self-serving venues.

The Death penalty is a tough nut to crack... and really... shouldn't it be?

There was a toxicity of epic proportions at work here... Clearly they brought out the worst in one another. Her worst being much more extreme. She was able to elicit some pretty uncharacteristic behaviors from him and THAT evidence isn't going away. Unfortunately, he can't explain what kind of crap she pulled to get him to that point...so his words sort of stand alone...and hit the ground with a THUD.

Now this comment ..."I saw two Jodis; before June 4, 2008 and Jodi after June 4, 2008."
I think to some extent this is true. DB is living proof that she is capable of letting go... Just not of Travis.

Mitigating circumstances are not meant to be construed as excuses. The jury didn't believe she was defending herself ... nor did they believe it was a momentary snap without forethought. They also went to the one yard line in saying it was especially cruel.

A mitigating factor is just ONE reason to consider sparing her life that has little to do with her crime.

I said from the start one or two women on that jury may have been called a *advertiser censored* or a *advertiser censored* by someone they loved and that feeling alone would be enough to sympathize to the point of not giving her death. My other concern was BPD being seen as a mental capacity issue. I think both of these are evident by the stupid comments made by the foreman.

Sorry to ramble on.

For me, yes it would have been better to get LWOP. Then she'd go directly to prison, never to get out or do a book deal or more interviews.
She'd be somewhere where she couldn't hurt the Alexander family any more.

The air is thick with the stench of hypocrisy on that front. If the situation were reversed by rote, and TA was the convicted murderer instead of JA, how do you think the foreman would have voted?

They can save the "witch-hunt" stuff for someone else. It's an insult when you have a murderer courting the media like a reality starlet. Pardon the so-called peanut gallery for being irked that a remorseless kewpie doll can babble and primp and smirk and flirt all day when Travis Alexander has been in a grave for five years.

Excellent post, thanks button was not enough!

This foreman has convinced me that he had/has an agenda.
His words and feelings are exact scripts from The DT, the killer, DB, ALV and a certain reporter....my hinky meter is in high gear with him.
I remain neutral with the rest of the jury until I hear from them.
But I need to add, something, IMO, drastically influenced a murder1 with cruelty verdict to a hung jury!

Last I checked we live in a democratic society. We don't live under an authoritarian regime. I guess some think that by labelling the majority as wanting 'blood' and 'witch-hunts' that they can silence us. Or something.

Good luck with that!!!
Roflmao!
Shoot, my feelings weren't even hurt! We're yours? Lol

And say what? I'm sorry? *sorry i'm not trying to be snarky

If it were me, I think i'd just want to get prepared for the next PP, and thank this jury for convicting her of M1. I wouldn't want any apologies.

i know personally how comforting it is to have a juror tell you they get it and they were on your side. i have wanted them to have that experience because it's important to know you were HEARD. that's why i hope some have contacted them.

when the verdict was read in my trial, i was crying into my hands and i felt arms around my neck. a voice whispered 'i'm so sorry this happened and i hope you never have another bad day in your life.' can you imagine how much that meant to me? i've never forgotten that or forgotten her words. i just needed one of them to say that to me. PRIVATELY.

i think the alexanders need to hear it too.

Just wanted to say I have not listened or watched ANYTHING this foreperson has said. Your comments here are enough for me. I am just going to hold my tongue and sit on my hands about this "man."
I do hope all of you will continue to see this out until the very end. I KNOW I will. I owe that to the family.

Between this "non verdict", sitting in this hospital watching poison dripping slowly into my child's body, AND leaving my anti-depressants at home......I am having a really hard time. I cannot take much more. HOPEFULLY we will go home tomorrow for 2 whole weeks!

I do take pleasure in thinking of CMJA being locked up 23 hours a day without being able to open her lying *advertiser censored* mouth... I wish nothing but the worst for that creature.

Rosemary Pierce, my heart aches for you having to watch your son going through what he has to endure. HUGS for you and your son.

Let's all take this time to rest and recover, especially you. I have a feeling it will take at least 6 months to be ready for re-trial of the sentencing phase...I can't believe JSS even put July 18 as a possiblity. There is no way possible the defense is gonna be ready at that time. What was JSS thinking?

I suspect, if they go through with it, we'll be back watching the trial in January of '14.

The irony! Travis is being blamed for not getting out of the relationship, for being naive. And yet that naivete is perfectly okay in a juror who ironically is mirroring Travis' attitude that it's hard to believe that a fragile 'girl' could do such a thing. And so it must be Travis' fault. No matter which way you turn, Travis can never win, it's always his fault.

I'm not sure if you think by my post that he was to blame. I'm saying the opposite. There was nothing he could of done. It would not have mattered..she was going to kill him one way or another.

So, basically he lied during voir dire?

I guess so? Didn't he expect that he'd have to make a life or death decision when he agreed that he could vote for death? Had he said 'I think it's unfair to have a jury decide between life and death' (and, by the way, he should have) during jury selection JM would have gotten him off at once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches