SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Curious in Indiana
I am curious! How can anyone say they will not support this jury if no death penalty is given? This is the same jury who convicted her of premeditated murder with aggravation. This is the jury who has been in that courtroom for five months. And this jury didn't get to see all of Jodi's recent interviews. They do not know all the evidence and stories from friends that we know about. We don't know why they weren't told Jodi had two knives and a gun with her upon arrest. We dont know why they did not see her parents being interviewed. There was a lot kept from this jury. Why? I don't know. But all of you who were glowing about this jury when they came back with murder one, now want to give them a hard time when they haven't even reached a verdict! They know Jodi is evil. They may give her the dp. They may also think she is crazy sick and deserves life in prison. It is their decision.
Judgmental much?

I agree. I find it completely disrespectful to malign this jury in ANY WAY. They have given up almost six months of their lives in the service of justice. JA is a convicted murderer. Nothing will change that. She will go away for the rest of her life one way or another. It's easy to be self-righteous and indignant when you aren't the one making a decision about whether Jodi lives or dies. Yes, JA is a horrible human being and what she did to Travis was heinous and unconscionable, but I think sentencing someone to death should take time and soul searching--even for jurors that have been death-qualified. To that end, there was a very insightful post from a Websleuths member (I believe the person's name begins with Hope) on here yesterday that discusses her (or his) first-hand experience on a death penalty trial. Worth a read if you can find it.

I hope and pray that this jury reaches a unanimous verdict and I thank them for their sacrifice and their service--whatever the outcome may be.

Yes, Curious; and Yes, GoAskAllie! This jury is our jury, too. We have never seen the first one of them -- that's okay with us -- and we don't need to. Let them have that much. Nearly everything else has been taken away from them since the beginning of this dayam thing -- just the act of wanting to do a newspaper crossword puzzle or to read a recipe in the paper or to look at baseball scored & stats presents a dilemma for each one of them: Can I do this? Can I watch my favorite TV show?

Can I go to the grocery or the hardware store, or am I risking seeing a magazine cover or worse? I dare not even go into the den where the TV is during news hour. What if my son's homework, that I always check, is about current events? I'm afraid to turn on the radio in the car when I go to the gym -- and is the gym okay -- they have TVs everywhere -- no, I can't do that, either.

Think about it. Bless 'em all.

They have given up so much -- even the little things that we don't even think about. And they have persevered, every day, every day. They wait in that jury room 40 minutes after lunch hour curfew and are brought in & told to go home -- no more court today -- without being told why.

I think they are very possessive of this case -- jurors always are, like parents of a brand-new baby, and they surely don't want some other foster parents raising her -- she's theirs & no one else's. I just don't see them giving it all up at this point. They've worked so hard & they've inconvenienced the people they love, their co-workers, their friends ("Why won't Susan [or David] talk with me on the phone? Is everything okay at their house?"), etc., etc.

And they are tired, tired, tired.

We've trusted them so far. What's a few more hours or days? Think positive. Wish them strength, good sense, good moods, and some luck.

Just had to rant a bit....and agree with you both 100%!

dudes, the interveiw with the hater guy was so great....just watching jodi where he asks her about her glasses...

instead of answering his question she says court isn't a place to go crazy...

uh huh...translation...court is where you wear a disguise

shes gonna miss her clean white cell and pretty pink blankies...those girls up in that prison are gonna take care of miss upity pants.

Lol, I have yet to see this interview. Anyone care to post a link.

Also a big LOL @ miss Upity Pants in PRISON"..........I would watch that reality tv any day. Real HBO shizz with the beatings and what ever else goes on in that convicted world.

Moo

Court reporter has been summoned back to court .....per HLN.

I'm on my iPad so not sure how to post a YouTube video/song.

But if I could.....I would post for the trial Jimmy Hendrix's " Hey Joe".

Court reporter has been summoned back to court .....per HLN.
Maybe it's nothing. :(

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
From hwhat hwild is hearing there is another juror question. Not 100% sure but that's the talk. #JodiArias

Omg......I am soooooo happy. Ann Curry on NBC reading the news!!!

yES !

BREAKING NEWS:
something is going on. :floorlaugh:

Lets see....its 330 az time...so one hour till "drop dead" time (how ironic if Nurmi called this :)

So...I wonder if its another question...or jss is excusing everyone...or....perhaps maybe a verdict?

Just a Q:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Juror question confirmed. Waiting to be let in courtroom. #jodiarias

Sure does take a long time to get a question asked. Did all the staff and inmate disappear?

I can't believe people r talking about needing RX meds to watch this trial....
that's all i'm gonna say

Well, it's a hung jury. So, either 12 new people decide DP or Life, or she is offered Life and no appeals of any kind. She'd be a fool not to take life if it is offered.

Talking to myself over here now, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member